Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: RSE Help/FAQ Discussion Thread

Where is the best place to train my lvl. 20 Anorith?
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are to.
    My current emerald team:

You see what i dont get is that...so once i catcha pokemon no matter what level its evs start from 0? so lets say i catch a pidgey at the start and i want to train speed right from like level 5...

but thing is i dont have the option to travel around and train on specific pokemon yet since i just started. And so to level up my pidgey anyway il have to kill stuff like sentrets or whatever.. so doesnt that ruin it all rght from the begnning? so how do i ev train my pokemon properly? without it getting any other random evs.

and also assuing once i have gatherd evs for my pokemon like 252 in attack and 252 in defense..from there i just level my pokemon up on any kind of pokemon in ANY way and itl all work out?
    emerald btw if anyone wanted to know

thank you, help mee

Quote Originally Posted by destain View Post
    You see what i dont get is that...so once i catcha pokemon no matter what level its evs start from 0? so lets say i catch a pidgey at the start and i want to train speed right from like level 5...

but thing is i dont have the option to travel around and train on specific pokemon yet since i just started. And so to level up my pidgey anyway il have to kill stuff like sentrets or whatever.. so doesnt that ruin it all rght from the begnning? so how do i ev train my pokemon properly? without it getting any other random evs.

and also assuing once i have gatherd evs for my pokemon like 252 in attack and 252 in defense..from there i just level my pokemon up on any kind of pokemon in ANY way and itl all work out?
    emerald btw if anyone wanted to know

thank you, help mee
    Yes, when you catch or hatch a Pokémon, it has 0 EVs in all stats.

Many people don't attempt even trying EV train until after they beat the E4. (I did it once in just before the Eilte 4 once in LG, it was purely to bring a new party member up to speed fast, but I had a 5 Pokémon that were good.)

The Good news about playing Emerald, that this game can remove Evs (like all the 4th and 5th gen games), you even can get the berries in game. Just remember to grow them. At least Two characters do give them out each day. Berry Master on Route 123, and Kiri in Sootoplis City will give them out.

After you reach the 256 EV limit, any more fights don't change EVs.

@Jkboy: What are you wanting to train in? a certain EV stat, or experience? It also depends on where you are in game, as Victory Road may bit impossible for someone who's not got Surf yet.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

]Right now my Anorith is a Armaldo at lvl 42 because I haven't checked this in a while I want to exp train it but I have just beat the 7th gym and am not any farther than that
    Last edited by Jkboy; 26th September 2011 at 4:10 AM.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are to.
    My current emerald team:

about evs...you know if i fight a mew for example..it gives 3 hp evs
    so if i use a macho brace and fight a mew, i should gan 6 hp evs?
    becasue it doubles is this correct?

about evs...you know if i fight a mew for example..it gives 3 hp evs
    so if i use a macho brace and fight a mew, i should gan 6 hp evs?
    becasue it doubles is this correct?
    Yessir
    10char

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

what do you mean 10char?
    and so each mew gives 6evs with macho brace and a caterpie would give 2...and then i can get 100evs straight from hpups?

what do you mean 10char?
    and so each mew gives 6evs with macho brace and a caterpie would give 2...and then i can get 100evs straight from hpups?
    Correct...

"10char" means 10 character limit

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

what do you mean 10char?
    Actually, You need to get the 100 from HP Ups before you start on EVs for HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    Correct...

"10char" means 10 character limit
    Long story short, it's an anti-spam thing.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

How many people can you mix records with in Emerald? Is there a limit (outside of how many Secret Bases there are, of course)?
    I'm looking to boost my Join Avenue. I'm offering free Starters (Bulbasaur through Oshawott) for Gen V games. Genders, Natures, nicknames and Pokerus are all requestable. I can also guarantee one perfect IV if you want a specific Nature, and two if you don't. All are legitimate (non-hacked, non-RNG and non-cloned). Please keep requests reasonable; I'm happy to trade you two or three Starters in one session, but anything more and I'll generally ask you to wait until the next day. PM me if you're interested, and I'll usually get back to you within 24 hours.

Pokemon White 2 FC: 1336 0839 8807

Default Need serious help

A friend of mine borrowed my Emerald, and she got 7 badges. I got her the 8th and went to the elite 4, but I'm having a lot of trouble because she knew nothing about raising Pokemon. I'm to the champion and I think I can beat him if I have help from Pokemon experts. Here's her team:
    Girafaric, rash nature, lv 52. Moves: Shock wave, crunch, stomp, psybeam.
    Swellow, lax, lv 58. Moves: Fly, return, aerial ace, quick attack.
    Sceptile, gentle, lv 52. Moves: Rock smash, flash, strength, cut. (yeah, not kidding )
    Hariyama, naive, lv 40. Moves: whirlwind, knock off, smellingsalt, belly drum.
    Beautifly, sassy, lv 45. Moves: Giga drain, gust, mega drain, silver wind.
    Tentacool, serious, lv 30. Moves: Dive, waterfall, cut, surf.
    I know this looks hopeless, but I thought getting as far as I have would be hopeless. I got this far, so I'm not giving up when I'm so close. She has just about every TM you get handed, so if there are any moves you think will help, just say so.
    Items: 2 antidotes, 2 hp ups, 4 pp ups, 1 protein, 1 burn heal, 9 full heals, 2 energy roots, 30 par. heals, 16 revives, 14 hyper potions, and 4 full restores.

Thanks for reading, I'd be thankful for any help!

Quote Originally Posted by ShiraCheshire View Post
    A friend of mine borrowed my Emerald, and she got 7 badges. I got her the 8th and went to the elite 4, but I'm having a lot of trouble because she knew nothing about raising Pokemon. I'm to the champion and I think I can beat him if I have help from Pokemon experts. Here's her team:
    Girafaric, rash nature, lv 52. Moves: Shock wave, crunch, stomp, psybeam.
    Swellow, lax, lv 58. Moves: Fly, return, aerial ace, quick attack.
    Sceptile, gentle, lv 52. Moves: Rock smash, flash, strength, cut. (yeah, not kidding )
    Hariyama, naive, lv 40. Moves: whirlwind, knock off, smellingsalt, belly drum.
    Beautifly, sassy, lv 45. Moves: Giga drain, gust, mega drain, silver wind.
    Tentacool, serious, lv 30. Moves: Dive, waterfall, cut, surf.
    I know this looks hopeless, but I thought getting as far as I have would be hopeless. I got this far, so I'm not giving up when I'm so close. She has just about every TM you get handed, so if there are any moves you think will help, just say so.
    Items: 2 antidotes, 2 hp ups, 4 pp ups, 1 protein, 1 burn heal, 9 full heals, 2 energy roots, 30 par. heals, 16 revives, 14 hyper potions, and 4 full restores.

Thanks for reading, I'd be thankful for any help!
    You're sure weren't kidding when you said she knows nothing about raising Pokemon...

If you don't want to give up now, then really all you can do is just attack all of Wallace's Pokemon with your strongest moves. You will mostly have to rely on Girafarig and Swellow, since Sceptile's moveset is horrible and the other Pokemon are severely underlevelled. Also abuse your items - you will need them if you want any chance of winning.

If you keep trying but just can't beat him, then just lose on purpose so you can leave and work on your team. First, definitely give Sceptile Leaf Blade, it's a really good STAB attack. Next, you should level up the weaker Pokemon to level 50+ like the first three Pokemon. If you want to use Tentacool, evolve it and teach it Ice Beam over one of the attacks not called Surf. Hariyama can learn Brick Break and Earthquake, which are pretty good moves if you have the TMs. Beautifly isn't the best Pokemon, so you could replace it with an Electric type like Manectric or Raichu - STAB Thunderbolt will be VERY useful against the Champion!

So really, what you need to do is level up the weaker Pokemon and give them more variety in their movesets.
    Good luck!

You're sure weren't kidding when you said she knows nothing about raising Pokemon...

If you don't want to give up now, then really all you can do is just attack all of Wallace's Pokemon with your strongest moves. You will mostly have to rely on Girafarig and Swellow, since Sceptile's moveset is horrible and the other Pokemon are severely underlevelled. Also abuse your items - you will need them if you want any chance of winning.

If you keep trying but just can't beat him, then just lose on purpose so you can leave and work on your team. First, definitely give Sceptile Leaf Blade, it's a really good STAB attack. Next, you should level up the weaker Pokemon to level 50+ like the first three Pokemon. If you want to use Tentacool, evolve it and teach it Ice Beam over one of the attacks not called Surf. Hariyama can learn Brick Break and Earthquake, which are pretty good moves if you have the TMs. Beautifly isn't the best Pokemon, so you could replace it with an Electric type like Manectric or Raichu - STAB Thunderbolt will be VERY useful against the Champion!

So really, what you need to do is level up the weaker Pokemon and give them more variety in their movesets.
    Good luck!
    Thanks for the advise, but it turned out to be flash that won the battle for me. I couldn't just go after them with my strongest moves because none of her team could take more than one hit (and most not even that.) In the end, I flashed until no one could hit anything, and slowly whittled the enemy's hp down (why does he have so many full restores?!). It relied on a lot of luck, and Gyarados would have ended it all for me if he had hit with hyper beam, but everything just turned out in my favor. It took many tries, but the last enemy finally went down!

Is Timid a good nature for horsea ?
    3DS Friend Code: 2895 6298 8523. PM me if you add me ^^
    I am a grass type with Ivysaur, Pansage and Gogoat
    Looking for Friend Safaris with : Vullaby, Inkay, Swirlix, Emolga, Galvantula, Tranquill, tropius, Maractus, Nincada, Ariados, Muk, Foretress, Bronzong, Excadrill, Krabby, Azumarill
    PM me if you have one of those

Restarted X: Currently going to Café Lysandre
    For those who added me before try to connect more often, I'll also try in order to get you back on my PSS

Little brother Friend code: 4270-2625-9622
    Grass safari: Oddish-Petilil-??? (He has 5 badges currently)
    please help him fill his friend safari

Quote Originally Posted by Ze DreamGirl View Post
    Is Timid a good nature for horsea ?
    It's a decent Nature, It boosts speed and Lowers attack. It hardly get any moves that use the Attack Stat, so no loss there.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

So I have ruby and I was wondering which legendaries I can sr for? I'm pretty sure I can sr for groudon the regis and rayquaza. but what about latios? Is it possible although tedious if I save in my house after e4 but before I talk to the tv?
    Black FC 5415 1712 3566

Quote Originally Posted by Ifdavidson View Post
    So I have ruby and I was wondering which legendaries I can sr for? I'm pretty sure I can sr for groudon the regis and rayquaza. but what about latios? Is it possible although tedious if I save in my house after e4 but before I talk to the tv?
    You can only get Latios in Ruby. The only time you can choose which of the Lati twin is in Emerald.
    Well met, friend! This is my signature.

If I'm EVing a Nincada and evolve it, will both the Ninjask and Shedinja have the EVs or will Shedinja be reset to 0?

Yes, they'll both have the EVs (and IVs) of the Nincada when it evolves.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Pokemon Analysis: The Seel/Dewgong Line! Whatever animals are these based on...?
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
    Yes, they'll both have the EVs (and IVs) of the Nincada when it evolves.
    Thanks!

How common was the Mystic Ticket event when it was touring years ago? I just acquired what looks like a Navel Rock Lugia from the GTS, and I am trying to figure out its chances of being legitimate.

Default Internal Battery?

Ok, something weird's going on with my Ruby and its internal battery. When I started up my Ruby today, I got the "The battery has run dry, the game can still be played, etc." message. However, I noticed that the clock in my room is still working; the time on it is still changing. If my battery is dry, shouldn't the clock stop? Also, when I turned off my game and restarted it, I did not get the "battery has run dry" message. Isn't that message supposed to come up every time you start the game?

in pokemon ruby, where are all the Rare Candies located?

also, can i get Eevee in ruby version?

Quote Originally Posted by iloveicebeam View Post
    in pokemon ruby, where are all the Rare Candies located?

also, can i get Eevee in ruby version?
    Rare Candies can be found in a lot of places, just check the Itemdex to see where they can be found.

You cannot get an Eevee in Ruby without trading.
    Δ

Forget about the words I said
    They were just the voices in my head
    I don't have to listen to them anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Winter02 View Post
    You cannot get an Eevee in Ruby without trading.
    Though you can always breed them after trading one to Ruby.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast