Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: RSE Help/FAQ Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by www500 View Post
    How do you reformat? Is this Berry Clock the same clock that will allow for all timed events (Shoal Cave, Regice, etc.)?
    They all run off the same Clock.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

i cant decide between abra or ralts.

both are good psychics.. but i cant use both.

i can't trade though... so its either gardevoir or kadabra..

so far kadabra is just insanely powerful.. and ralts is so far just weak and barely doing much.. both are level 18 right now.

decided not to go any further until I choose one.. any help? i'm sure you guys have tested them out before. I havent.

Hi, is it possible to trade directly between two 3rd gen games with a GBA and a GameCube?
    Last edited by Ausgirl; 11th July 2012 at 5:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RNG_Reporter View Post
    i cant decide between abra or ralts.

both are good psychics.. but i cant use both.

i can't trade though... so its either gardevoir or kadabra..

so far kadabra is just insanely powerful.. and ralts is so far just weak and barely doing much.. both are level 18 right now.

decided not to go any further until I choose one.. any help? i'm sure you guys have tested them out before. I havent.
    I would continue to train Ralts, when it evolves into Gardevior it will be a very strong pokemon and hard to beat. Kadabra sounds good now, but will become weak as you continue through your journey because you can't evolve it.

Quote Originally Posted by WastingLight View Post
    I would continue to train Ralts, when it evolves into Gardevior it will be a very strong pokemon and hard to beat. Kadabra sounds good now, but will become weak as you continue through your journey because you can't evolve it.
    Agreed. I actually used both on separate playthroughs (on Platinum, not 3rd gen), and found that Gardevoir tended to not faint nearly as often. Also it's good that you don't need to trade in order to get Gardevoir.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Thankyou to all who anwser my questions. I Haven't played my ruby and emerald games for YEARS... when I started playing ruby again it said the eternal battery has dried up and will no longer play really time parts of the game, Why is that or what is that. I am also looking for a slakoth, how far into the game do I have to play to catch one?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Lady Pokemon Trainer View Post
    Thankyou to all who anwser my questions. I Haven't played my ruby and emerald games for YEARS... when I started playing ruby again it said the eternal battery has dried up and will no longer play really time parts of the game, Why is that or what is that. I am also looking for a slakoth, how far into the game do I have to play to catch one?
    It means that the internal battery needs to be changed, or it will soon not save and the save file will be lost.

Slakoth can be captured in the Petalburg Woods.
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

Thank you to those who anwser my question. My question is what are the levels of the trainers and gym leaders pokemon at the first pokemon gym at the rustboro gym?

Thank you to those who anwser my question. My question is what are the levels of the trainers and gym leaders pokemon at the first pokemon gym at the rustboro gym?
    Highest level pokemon in Rustboro gym was a level 14 or 15 Nosepass, iirc.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

I need some more help. I just got my 4th gym badge in I think lavarigde town. Its been years since I played this game so I've forgotten where to go next. Can some one give me the 411 on this info?

I need some more help. I just got my 4th gym badge in I think lavarigde town. Its been years since I played this game so I've forgotten where to go next. Can some one give me the 411 on this info?
    next stop: catch pokemon in desert now that you have go-goggles, and go to Petalburg to slaughter your dad's pokemon

I'm just wondering, does Soul Dew work in the Emerald Battle Frontier? :3

Edit: Nevermind I found out the answer myself.
    Last edited by Ausgirl; 15th August 2012 at 1:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sokka View Post
    I'm just wondering, does Soul Dew work in the Emerald Battle Frontier? :3
    According to this really old thread, it does not.
    4768-7442-5469
    Friend Safari

Is that item which allows you to doubles your money available in Emerald?

Quote Originally Posted by Johto_girl View Post
    Is that item which allows you to doubles your money available in Emerald?
    It should be the same as RS, so you should be able to get it from Mom after defeating Norman.

Quote Originally Posted by arceus03 View Post
    It should be the same as RS, so you should be able to get it from Mom after defeating Norman.
    Thanks, I got it now.

My Pokémon Ruby has told me that it's internal battery has run dry. However, I've linked it with Pokémon Colosseum & Pokémon Channel (admittedly a long time ago), I thought that was meant to fix it?
    3DS Code - 4554 1391 5341
    Pokémon Y - 718/721 Pokémon Caught

I'll trade you anything I can breed one of.

@PkmnTrainerJ

Quote Originally Posted by PkmnTrainerJ View Post
    My Pokémon Ruby has told me that it's internal battery has run dry. However, I've linked it with Pokémon Colosseum & Pokémon Channel (admittedly a long time ago), I thought that was meant to fix it?
    You're thinking of the berry glitch, which only affected berries not growing after a certain amount of time. The internal battery running dry actually stops your games clock. So berries don't grow, time of day doesn't change and I think it also limits your access to the cave north of Mossdeep. Oh, and your RNG is now stuck, so SRing is affected as well if you do that sort of thing. It can only be fixed by taking apart the cartridge and replacing the internal battery.

I am thinking of buying some of the fancy e-reader battle cards, for usage in one of the cities, but was the functionality fully removed on the PAL games? I don't want to buy them if scanning them will do nothing. I have an e-reader and have tested it with other cards I have (Donkey Kong Jr. and stuff) and they work fine.
    3DS Code - 4554 1391 5341
    Pokémon Y - 718/721 Pokémon Caught

I'll trade you anything I can breed one of.

@PkmnTrainerJ

Quote Originally Posted by PkmnTrainerJ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    You're thinking of the berry glitch, which only affected berries not growing after a certain amount of time. The internal battery running dry actually stops your games clock. So berries don't grow, time of day doesn't change and I think it also limits your access to the cave north of Mossdeep. Oh, and your RNG is now stuck, so SRing is affected as well if you do that sort of thing. It can only be fixed by taking apart the cartridge and replacing the internal battery.
    The Save is on a Flash Memory chip like many pen drives, so it won't disappear like the GB and GBC games do. I once played on a Official Card without a battery, and it's kept the save: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...t=HNI_0001.jpg Yes, that is one of my Rubies with out the battery, which is positioned on over of the left chip.

I've actually done it. The Best place in the UK for the Batteries with Pre-soldered tabs and a Tri-wing screw driver is RS Components. Many Batteries don't exactly like being soldered, so the Pre-Soldered ones are make makes it easy to do.

As for e-reader, I don't know.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Default Mixing Records-Secret Base

Hello. I mixed records for the first time between Ruby, Emerald. I know that after someone mixes records with someone else, their secret bases will be switched, and the trainer of each game will apear in the other's base. That, didn't happen to me. Any ideas why?

Merged with the Help thread.

I'd guess maybe one of the games wasn't legit, or something just went funny during the process. First I heard of it not working though. (Or one game didn't have a secret base/in the same location as each other? I don't think they overlap, has to be in a different location).

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Default My Milotic didn't learn Recover?

Hey guys.

Just spent an excruciating amount of time fishing for a feebas and making indigo pokeblocks to raise its beauty. It was a level 32 when I maxed its beauty and evolved at 33. I then checked bulbapedia to see when it learns Recover as this is the move I am after the most, and saw that it learns it at level 30. Now does this mean it has skipped it and won't ever learn it? I'm going to be pissed if I have to use another feebas.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, Milotic does learn Recover at level 30, but that doesn't mean you need to get a new one. You've heard of heart scales? In one of the houses in the volcano town (the name escapes me at present) you can give a fellow a heart scale, and he'll let your Pokemon "remember" a move. If you're not sure where to get one, catch a bunch of Luvdisk. There's a good chance of them carrying the item.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede
    Originally posted by razorrozar7
    Jesus said, "Love thy neighbor." He didn't say, "Love thy neighbor as long as they are straight, white, Christian, morally responsible individuals."
    Officially claimed Aht from Radiant Historia.

Grammar: It's the difference between knowing your sh*t, and knowing you're sh*t.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast