Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: RSE Help/FAQ Discussion Thread

Can someone tell me how can we rematch Gym Leaders in Emerald.I have beaten the Elite 4 but no one is willing to call me.Are there any other requirements to complete.And if it is random,is there any way to influence the RNG?Is it the same for Wally?
        Spoiler:- Completed and Current Playthroughs:

Why did my Evee not evolve to Umbreon in Emerald? The clock says 9 PM in Littleroot but it evolved into Espeon.

Quote Originally Posted by LimeSoda View Post
    Why did my Evee not evolve to Umbreon in Emerald? The clock says 9 PM in Littleroot but it evolved into Espeon.
    Eevee only evolves into Umbreon if the in-game time is between 12:00 AM and 11:59 AM.

Thanks a lot

I've been up and down the internet trying to find a straight answer for this, and everywhere I've been has had conflicting information:
    Assuming you use a hack to get to Faraway Island in Emerald version, is it possible to then soft reset for a shiny Mew?

And an extension of that question: I also read that the random number generator in Emerald is "broken", and that it operates differently from other games. Is that true?

Theoretically you could SR a shiny Mew at Faraway Island, but only if you had a very early shiny frame.
    Emeralds RNG always starts at zero, which is why SRing is different in it compared to other games.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Thanks for the response!

That seems to be in the same vein of what I read before; I heard that the way to do it in Emerald is to reset your game completely and then SR for a shiny starter. If you get one in a few hundred resets, then you know you have an early shiny frame (and in this scenario, you could hypothetically go on in that file to SR for a shiny Faraway Island Mew). Is that correct, or is there a flaw in this or something I'm not considering?

I've only just heard of soft resetting and anything to do with the RNG this week, so I'm extremely new to the information.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekumi View Post
    Thanks for the response!

That seems to be in the same vein of what I read before; I heard that the way to do it in Emerald is to reset your game completely and then SR for a shiny starter. If you get one in a few hundred resets, then you know you have an early shiny frame (and in this scenario, you could hypothetically go on in that file to SR for a shiny Faraway Island Mew). Is that correct, or is there a flaw in this or something I'm not considering?

I've only just heard of soft resetting and anything to do with the RNG this week, so I'm extremely new to the information.
    you'll want to see a shiny starter / poochyena within the first 50 or so resets. vary your timing on starting up your game. (i think it's the time between menu screen and hitting A to start that you're looking for, but I'm not 100% sure on that)
    when you manage to get a shiny, SR a few times to figure out the timing of your frame and make note of it. then you should be good to go for SRing the legends in your game later
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

2 questions.

How far do you need to be in ruby/sapphire or what conditions do you need to meet to withdraw pokemon stored on pokemon box the gamecube game? and also i just turned on my ruby and sapphire versions to find the internal battery has died, it states timed events won't occur but the game will continue to be saved and so forth, what consequences will there be if i start a new game, what do i miss out on? will berries grow?
    Friend code: 2148 9029 9595

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Rokon View Post
    2 questions.

How far do you need to be in ruby/sapphire or what conditions do you need to meet to withdraw pokemon stored on pokemon box the gamecube game? and also i just turned on my ruby and sapphire versions to find the internal battery has died, it states timed events won't occur but the game will continue to be saved and so forth, what consequences will there be if i start a new game, what do i miss out on? will berries grow?
    This was answered in the GPD questions thread, but I'll repeat it here. Pokémon Box Only requires that you have 100 Pokémon registered Caught in your Pokedex to withdraw from it. You can usually trade anytime during the Ruby/Sapphire game, so you can get the non-native Pokémon at any time.

The Battery when dead, prevent the Berries from growing, many time based events are Broken. You Can Replace the battery at any time and keep the save, the issue is that it's a little tricky to do.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Default Full team for E4

Hello! I'm considering starting a new game on either my Ruby or Emerald, even though I'm not quite sure. I kind of favour Emerald for the aftergame, but Ruby is closer to my heart. I'd like to plan my team beforehand, but I can't come up with a full team. Here are some of the teams I can think of for the E4;

Team no. 1: Treecko as the starter

Sceptile
    Aggron

Skarmory
    Walrein
    Magneton
    ~ Camerupt?

Team no. 2: Mudkip as the starter

Swampert
    Flygon

Breloom/Roselia?
    Gardevoir
    Manetric
    Ninetales

Team no. 3: Torchic as the starter

Blaziken
    Tropius

Rhydon/Donphan?
    Glalie
    Ludicolo
    Dusclops?

Everyone except the bolded names are a subject of change. I'd love to have some opinions about the teams!

Sorry for duplicate question, just want an answer. I caught a Kyogre that's Level 70. It has a Mild (+Sp att - Def) nature and has 256 Sp Att. On the IV calculator it says that the IVs for Sp Att is 26 (of 31). The maximum Sp Att the IV calculator says I can get at level 100 is 364. This seems too low, because the max Sp Att Kyogre can have is 438. Will not having those 5 IVs really make that much of a difference, (438 sp att to 364) or does the IV calculator not account for potential EVs I will eventually put into Sp Att?

Default Internal Battery issues

I just booted up my Emerald and got this message

"The internal battery has run dry. The game can be played, however time based events will no longer occur."

my question is the Groudon and Kyogre location a time based event?

I feel like I'm going mad because I know you cannot transfer Pokemon from Gen 2 to Gen 3 from Bulbagarden and that there has been too much change in the Pokemon for that to be likely. But for some reason I have a memory that you can use Pokemon from Gen 2 on Gen 3 or something. Someone confirm for me I if you infact can or can't transfer from Gen 2 to 3.

I just replaced the internal battery of my Sapphire version, does this mean my RNG goes back to normal? (Not like the broken Emerald RNG). I intend on shiny hunting so I just wanted to make sure.

My Shinies

Current Targets: Virizion, Dratini, Groudon, Seviper

Latest shinies: Graveler & Floatzel - X - Completely Random - September 1st, 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard1 View Post
    I feel like I'm going mad because I know you cannot transfer Pokemon from Gen 2 to Gen 3 from Bulbagarden and that there has been too much change in the Pokemon for that to be likely. But for some reason I have a memory that you can use Pokemon from Gen 2 on Gen 3 or something. Someone confirm for me I if you infact can or can't transfer from Gen 2 to 3.
    You can't. Pre-Gen III Pokémon can only be traded between the first and second generations.

Anyone know where/a website, in the UK I can buy a safe Pokemon Emerald that has no faults?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard1 View Post
    Anyone know where/a website, in the UK I can buy a safe Pokemon Emerald that has no faults?
    No such thing exists. The only outlets still making such titles available are third-party marketplaces like eBay and Amazon Marketplace, all of which come with a signififcant risk of being sold counterfeit merchandise with minimal recourse. You're better off not.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Post Charizard's outrage

Is there any way to teach my charizard outrage other than breeding? If the only way is breeding, can i breed my charmander with dratini to get a charmander with outrage?

Quote Originally Posted by Lareon View Post
    Is there any way to teach my charizard outrage other than breeding? If the only way is breeding, can i breed my charmander with dratini to get a charmander with outrage?
    The only way is Via Breeding, by using a male Dratini that knows it.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

Exclamation Lots of questions.

So I've just downloaded vba for mac and an emerald rom. Have a few questions and hope somebody'll help me here.

1- Are there any codes that will allow me to get a shiny treecko, not in the wild but when i'm choosing between the 3 starters. I googled and searched but most codes either doesn't work or are too old.

2- If I keep my Grovyle from evolving will it's stats be lesser than a Sceptile at the same level? Eg both level 100.

That's it, for now. Thanks in advance.

I'll pretend I didn't see that you're emulating a game on Pc/Mac.

1. Read the rules: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...i-Forums-Rules

2. Generally, if don't evolve a Pokémon the stats will be lower compared to it's evolution at the same level. The Treeko line is one of those. We have the Min/Max stats of each Pokémon in our Pokédex: http://serebii.net/pokedex-rs/

Moved to questions thread.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

Default Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire Box annoyance/problem

well......after finally getting a copy of a LEGIT Sapphire it came with some amazing pokemon on the saved file so naturally I wanted to keep them before I started a new game, well after some research the best bet was to get Pokemon Box so I could transfer all the pokemon on the cart without the hassle of trading back and forth between games plus I don't have ruby.

When I got my copy of pokemon box i assumed that I could trade back after a new game if I want to complete my dex in the future, well no you can't sadly; I got this from a website

"Note that while you can trade and store Pokemon from all of the GBA games on the same NGC Memory Card, you can only trade them back to the game cartridge that originally deposited them. You can NOT trade your Pokemon from a game and then reset that game and trade them back. If you reset a game with Pokemon stored in Box you will lose access to those Pokemon forever"

I was saddened by that, even though I didn't transfer the pokemon yet, thats why I looked up more info.

Why did they do this? Prevent duplicates? I am so annoyed as I want to play Sappire but there are some really good pokemon on there that unless I play both versions, I can't get them. Sigh and it was such a pain getting a legit sappire that I am kinda put off getting a ruby.

Sorry for the rant; and also is this true?

You can take them out but you must catch 100 in the pokedex. Not the same pokemon over and over again. I found it here http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...y_%26_Sapphire
    The world needs more weird people who know how things work and who love to figure it all out.
    Being different is not a crime, and people who tell you it is are just jealous that you've picked up a skill they never in their wildest dreams could acquire.
    You can code. They cannot. That is pretty dang cool.
    ~Zed Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by PKMNNINJA View Post
    You can take them out but you must catch 100 in the pokedex. Not the same pokemon over and over again. I found it here http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...y_%26_Sapphire

Oh right? So there is hope after all.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast