Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: RSE Help/FAQ Discussion Thread

In Ruby/Sapphire, you have to catch at least 100 Pokemon in the pokedex before you can move pokemon from a different game to your cart. In FireRed/LeafGreen and Emerald you have to unlock the national dex before you can move them. You can always move pokemon from your cart to Box and back to the original save.

I used to have a complete pokedex stored on Box and I would just transfer it to my carts whenever I started a new game. A lot of them ended up getting transferred to diamond, but I'm working on completing the gen 3 pokedex again while I wait for X and Y. Luckily I still have the disc that gets you Jirachi and the e-reader card that gets you the Eon ticket for Latios/Latias.
    Latest shiny:

found in Friend Safari

Quote Originally Posted by kyle72686 View Post
    In Ruby/Sapphire, you have to catch at least 100 Pokemon in the pokedex before you can move pokemon from a different game to your cart. In FireRed/LeafGreen and Emerald you have to unlock the national dex before you can move them. You can always move pokemon from your cart to Box and back to the original save.

I used to have a complete pokedex stored on Box and I would just transfer it to my carts whenever I started a new game. A lot of them ended up getting transferred to diamond, but I'm working on completing the gen 3 pokedex again while I wait for X and Y. Luckily I still have the disc that gets you Jirachi and the e-reader card that gets you the Eon ticket for Latios/Latias.
    You still need to get 100 Pokémon "caught" in the Pokédex before you can trade in any pokémon from other games, even if you're playing FireRed, LeafGreen or Emerald.

Anyway Merging with Q&A thread.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Hey guys I jut started an emerald file and I want to EV train my Treecko. Is ralts the only thing that gives special attack early on(ie before the first badge). Thanks.
    My Shiny Card
    Hunting: Chimchar Platinum(BQ #1)/Sandile-MM-White BQ #6

-I'm not a mundane: I'm a Shadowhunter! =D
    I have claimed Raichu!

In Pokemon Emerald, does encountering a Pokemon only just allow me to use it's name in mail/etc.?

On a similar note... I have every Pokemon name available to use after have beating the E4 in Emerald. I'm pretty sure that's never happened before, so... on another similar note though, I also have what seems to be the secret base of my previous trainer on here by some weird glitch/phenomena or something. (The previous cart owner did use cheats, but this is a new file, however, I didn't factory reset).
    I checked, and the cart is legit.
    Take it easy
    "See you next summer..."
    (S2 is coming out very soon!)
    I'm looking for an old piece of art I requested on here years ago and lost. It was a brown-haired girl with a pink wristband riding a Torterra. If you think you have this picture saved or have seen it somewhere please let me know and send it to me.

Default Help choosing

I'm not sure which pokemon to use in emerald version. I am new to it. Right now I have a level 13 lotad, level 12 nincada, level 13 makuhita, level 17 taillow, level 14 whismur, and a level 17 combusken in my party right now. I also have a level 10 wingull and a level 10 sableye. Help me please.

I'd probably keep the nincada for right now because you can get a Ninjask later. Combusken is a definite keep, although you don't really need Makuhita because Combusken is part fighting. You should probably get something better than a Whismur, because it is quite lacking in many aspects. It would also help to know which areas you have access to just so I can help you find which pokrmon to catch.

Hope this helps.

~ashiemore
    I really need something to put here.

Alright thanks. I'm trying to get rid of my whismur. Is sableye worth putting in there and training for a little bit? I have 2 badges. Any routes from litter lot to rustboro. Dew ford and slate port are accessible as well

Default Electrike?

Wondering if I should catch an electrike. I'm new to the game. Is it worth catching and training?

It's annoying to train at first, but it can prove to be a worthy member to your team once it evolves. It's the only electric type I ever used while playing Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald.
    Since I was off for so long, I feel it is only right to start anew. My name is pokemon player, and I am very happy to meet you.

Credit to lifeburst for the banner, check him out!

Alright. Ill try it out and see if I can fit it in my party somewhere

Default Hard choice.

I have a decision to make coming up. Should I evolve my nincada into ninjask or shedinja?

I evolves into both at the same time, as long as you have an empty slot in your party. It will evolve into Ninjask and Shedinja will be in your party after that.

~ashiemore
    I really need something to put here.

Do i need to beat the elite four to trade between emerald and ruby? I have a cable (GBA) and i beat the elite four in ruby but not in emerald. is there any other reason it wouldn't be letting me trade besides the elite four or a faulty cable? also the internal battery has run dry on ruby i doubt that affects trading but just in case..

Just make sure you have a spare slot in your party when it evolves, you should be able to get them both. You may need a Spare Pokéball in your bag.

Oh, This type of thread should be either in the RMT forums or the Questions thread. Moved all your threads to the questions thread.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by 3whopper3 View Post
    Do i need to beat the elite four to trade between emerald and ruby? I have a cable (GBA) and i beat the elite four in ruby but not in emerald. is there any other reason it wouldn't be letting me trade besides the elite four or a faulty cable? also the internal battery has run dry on ruby i doubt that affects trading but just in case..
    If I remember correctly, it may depend on the Ruby/Sapphire party, as Non-Hoenn Pokémon are blocked. Generally posting Message in the games can help. I know that Emerald and LeafGreen Wireless adaptors had message about "Move your systems closer" if one of them didn't have a National Dex. (I did a Fire Red run more recently than a Emerald run.)
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

I'm having trouble with with Winona in emerald. My team is lvl 29 hariyama, lvl 30 lombre, lvl 32 swellow, lvl 31 sableye, lvl 31 combusken, and a lvl 27 trapinch. Any suggestions for what i need?

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle12 View Post
    I'm having trouble with with Winona in emerald. My team is lvl 29 hariyama, lvl 30 lombre, lvl 32 swellow, lvl 31 sableye, lvl 31 combusken, and a lvl 27 trapinch. Any suggestions for what i need?
    a rock or electric type, since most of your team is weak to flying
    SS BQ: 1.2.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.

I'm having trouble beating the 7th gym in emerald. The twins... My party is 35 lombre, 35 vibrava, 36 blaziken, 35 swellow, 33 sableye, and 34 hariyama. Can anyone give me tips?

my internal battery has run dry ( actual gameboy pak)
    Fire red team
    Emerald team
    Platinum team
    HG team
    Black 2 team
    Pokemon X Team

3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

pokedex: complete -

I'm having trouble beating the 7th gym in emerald. The twins... My party is 35 lombre, 35 vibrava, 36 blaziken, 35 swellow, 33 sableye, and 34 hariyama. Can anyone give me tips?
    Try getting a ghost type if you'd like. Bannete really helps in that gym
    White 2 Friend Code: 3139 5811 5081
    Y friend code: 2981--5364-9336

Default Mew (Faraway Island)

Hey, what is the earliest point you can catch Mew in Emerald? I mean the earliest point to travel to Faraway Island? I know you need to put codes in order to get there.

And when its determined if the Mew can be shiny or not?

In this video (at 0:27) Mew escapes and you need to follow him. Is this to late? Or is it determined if you ''speak'' to Mew?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2nRJXqOD3c

If ur not to big of a fan of ruby would it be better to try to play emereald to see if that version would be better?

Level Up your Sableye and have it learn some decent Ghost moves to beat that Gym!
    Planned ORAS Team:

Sprites Credit to: www.pokestadium.com

I have recently started a project to get all possible ribbons on my favorite Pokemon, Porygon. As of so far, I have all the 3rd gen contest ribbons except for the master Beauty, and master Cute contests. Could someone please recommend move-sets that would help me win there contests?
    My friend codes are...

Pearl
    Code. 5070-2732-2633

Soul Silver
    Code. 3524-4269-6015

Black (Trade)
    Code. 0262-3523-8043

Black 2 (Battle)
    Code. 2624-5168-2800

My 3DS FC is 0216-0846-6549

We have returned!!! Come check us out!

Im sorry if this is spam, but its a very important question. My pokemon emerald is a real version, i bought it from best buy, it was my first game, but the sprites of pokemon look like ruby and sapphire ones, for example, seviper has its mouth closed. my emeralds 1st gym also looks different then all the other layouts ive seen. i was wondering if this is normal, or anything really, i just want information about it. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by masterpilot001 View Post
    Im sorry if this is spam, but its a very important question. My pokemon emerald is a real version, i bought it from best buy, it was my first game, but the sprites of pokemon look like ruby and sapphire ones, for example, seviper has its mouth closed. my emeralds 1st gym also looks different then all the other layouts ive seen. i was wondering if this is normal, or anything really, i just want information about it. thanks.
    I think you could be mistaken. Seviper's Sprite in Serebii Dex is actually one of the Animation Sprites. The Sprite you see after it's finish Animiating is Identiacal to the Ruby/Sapphire Sprite. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Seviper#Sprites

And as to Rusboro's Gym, It changes between Ruby/Sapphire and Emerald. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...Gym#Appearance

Serebii Pokedex/Pokearth doesn't show the relevant things as I'd like to show.

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo99 View Post
    Hey, what is the earliest point you can catch Mew in Emerald? I mean the earliest point to travel to Faraway Island? I know you need to put codes in order to get there.

And when its determined if the Mew can be shiny or not?

In this video (at 0:27) Mew escapes and you need to follow him. Is this to late? Or is it determined if you ''speak'' to Mew?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2nRJXqOD3c
    Sorry that your posts didn't appear, any post with a link in will get Moderated.

To Answer your question, When you actually start the battle with Mew is the first time you will know it will be shiny or not.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast