Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: RSE Help/FAQ Discussion Thread

Well, you can't really do much to that :/ Happened to me recently also... You can try to change the battery if you dare, there's lots of advice of how to change it around the Internet. The dry battery don't affect to the game otherwise but every clock-based event will stop working. Berries won't grow, raising/lowering the water level in the Shoal Cave, TV events like swarms and Clear-Out Sales won't occur etc. Nothing else in the game won't change and you can play it just fine if you don't mind the clock-based events.

Edit. This was meant to be an answer to mew 2000's question but I think my computer is doing something weird again since this game here. But oh well, answer is answer even without the quoted post...
    Last edited by SpoinkyPearl; 2nd July 2013 at 5:36 PM.

Can someone please answer this for me?
    Does the character who appears in the intro correspond to the gender of your character? I play as the Female MC in Emerald but the character in the intro is always Brendan for me. I think this may be a byproduct of the previous owner of the cart cheating, as my cart seems to have other odd byproducts (ie the secretbase from the last file somehow appearing in my current file)
    Take it easy
    "See you next summer..."
    (S2 is now!)
    I'm looking for an old piece of art I requested on here years ago and lost. It was a brown-haired girl with a pink wristband riding a Torterra. If you think you have this picture saved or have seen it somewhere please let me know and send it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile Master View Post
    Can someone please answer this for me?
    Does the character who appears in the intro correspond to the gender of your character? I play as the Female MC in Emerald but the character in the intro is always Brendan for me. I think this may be a byproduct of the previous owner of the cart cheating, as my cart seems to have other odd byproducts (ie the secretbase from the last file somehow appearing in my current file)
    I'm not the most experienced when it comes to the effects of hacking, but I'm sure that the character in the intro is random, because I just tested it myself. Now, I wouldn't be able to answer directly why the secret base from the previous file appearing, though that would lead me to believe that the hacking probably has occurred at some point in the game's history. The only thing that leads me to believe otherwise is that typical use of a cheating device does not usually have permanent effects on a game (unless it's something like adding an item or Pokemon to the game), so it could be deeper than just that.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Maybe so. I really didn't want to but I may factory reset to get rid of these effects.
    That being said, after you beat the E4 in Emerald, do all Pokemon names become available for you to use when making a phrase? I could've sworn it wasn't that way (since that never happens in any other Pokemon game that I remember), but it happened to me in my Emerald file. I'm afraid that might be another side-effect though.
    Also, this might be sort of unrelated, but would battling the trainers cheated team *once* make that big of a difference on my team's EVs? I think their team was Aggron Dragonair, Mew, Espeon, and a couple others. I don't want that to make my team cheated and I was wondering if there's any other Pokemon in Emerald with EV/IVs[?] equivalent to theirs so it won't be as I trained against cheated Pokemon, again, only once. (It was mainly to see how and if it really was the trainer from the last file)
    Take it easy
    "See you next summer..."
    (S2 is now!)
    I'm looking for an old piece of art I requested on here years ago and lost. It was a brown-haired girl with a pink wristband riding a Torterra. If you think you have this picture saved or have seen it somewhere please let me know and send it to me.

Default what items in generation 3 only value is to sell them for money at the pokemart?

As the question stats what items like the traditional nugget in gen 3 only purpose is to sell for money, there seems to be a few things i'm not sure if i should hang onto for a better use or sell such as star piece and big pearl.
    Friend code: 2148 9029 9595

Nugget, Pearl, Big Pearl, Stardust and Star Piece are items you can't really use anyhow, only sell them to the shops.

thank you, also can you buy any ether or elixer anywhere in ruby version?
    Friend code: 2148 9029 9595

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Rokon View Post
    thank you, also can you buy any ether or elixer anywhere in ruby version?
    There isn't any where which sells them.

However, you should be able find Leppa Berries, which can do the job of a ether. Assuming the internal battery is still working and the clock is going, you can grow as many Leppa berries you need. http://serebii.net/pokemon_advance/berrydex/06.shtml http://serebii.net/itemdex/leppaberry.shtml

If you really want to try and get Leppa berries if the Clock no longer is going, Finding Skittys on Route 116 is your only other option.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Default Got an Umbreon during AM!? Desperate need help!

After ages of training my Eevee's happiness I finally got it to evolve on Ruby after trading it from Fire Red. However, to my dismay it turned into an Umbreon despite the internal clock (in Littleroot) saying it is 8am.

I am very annoyed by this and need a solution. Does PM make Espeon and I messed up?

Or if anyone has any European (PAL) Xploder codes that can change the clock that would be really helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by ssj_duelist View Post
    After ages of training my Eevee's happiness I finally got it to evolve on Ruby after trading it from Fire Red. However, to my dismay it turned into an Umbreon despite the internal clock (in Littleroot) saying it is 8am.

I am very annoyed by this and need a solution. Does PM make Espeon and I messed up?

Or if anyone has any European (PAL) Xploder codes that can change the clock that would be really helpful!
    Yup, it's got to be PM for Espeon.

I must refuse to answer your last question, as the Main rules explain why you shouldn't ask for it.

Moving to the FAQ thread.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

Default RNG Help!

Hello!

I was trying the RNG method on Emerald and have hit a wall...
    I have reached the part of RNG where I need to use the RNG Reporter program in order to continue. (I've worked out the IVs of my shiny Spinda).
    When I try to open RNG Reporter, I am given a small black box which says: "Program is too big to fit in memory". Is this just me or does it happen to others? How do I fix it?
    Please help

Default Emerald Team!!!

Im gonna start a new emerald and i need to make a better team this time. This is what i was thinking...

Swampert
    Aggron
    Salamence
    Gardevoir
    Ludicolo

And i cant think of who the last should be!!! Either Glalie, Manectric, Camerupt, or Skarmory. What are your suggestions? HELP!

Guys I need your help my emerald battery went dry and I change it and it worked, but it look the effect didn't go away.
    Is resetting the game is the only option ?

My Shinies:

3DS FC : 0645-5808-1475
    Pokemon in My Safari: Dedenne, Helioptile, Manectric

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose97 View Post
    Hello!

I was trying the RNG method on Emerald and have hit a wall...
    I have reached the part of RNG where I need to use the RNG Reporter program in order to continue. (I've worked out the IVs of my shiny Spinda).
    When I try to open RNG Reporter, I am given a small black box which says: "Program is too big to fit in memory". Is this just me or does it happen to others? How do I fix it?
    Please help
    This is not really a Pokémon Emerald question, as the problem not the game, but a Program on your Windows PC. The only thing I can I suggest you update .NET framework . http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...ils.aspx?id=22 Then try here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads...rmation.52180/

I don't use the program myself, and the staff here aren't keen on promoting it's use. We've not banned it but we just don't like it particularly.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinGeller View Post
    Im gonna start a new emerald and i need to make a better team this time. This is what i was thinking...

Swampert
    Aggron
    Salamence
    Gardevoir
    Ludicolo

And i cant think of who the last should be!!! Either Glalie, Manectric, Camerupt, or Skarmory. What are your suggestions? HELP!
    All of them aren't bad choices for a team. I'll give reasons for and against for having them in your team.

Glalie - Ice Type Moves are good VS Dragon Types which you will find in the E4, but The champ has Steel, Galie will not stand up to. Most of the Advantages area already covered with Swapert and Ludicolo, while Salamance may cover the Dragon types.
    Manectric - Electric type moves are pretty Good VS Flying and Water types, which you'll find plenty of. However Grass and Rock type attacks also cover this Pokemons Primary attack types. also Useless against Ground types though. If you do run Earthquake in Double battles, don't let this one stay in when you use it.
    Camerupt - I personally run this one Post E4, when I'm breeding. The Fire, Rock and ground type attacks are decent, and work well against many foes. The Slow speed and the high amounts of water types will hurt this one.
    Skarmory - Since Salamence won't fly until Level 50, where you'll be at or near the Elite 4, you won't have any flying types until then. Skarmory is only other one that can fly. Your Current party is going to have trouble with Grass types, this Pokémon will help with that.

Quote Originally Posted by x.a.x View Post
    Guys I need your help my emerald battery went dry and I change it and it worked, but it look the effect didn't go away.
    Is resetting the game is the only option ?
    Restarting a new game is the only option if you want to use the Clock funtions. You can trade/Pal Park any Pokémon you still want to keep. (Or use Pokémon Box RS if you have that option)
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

Is there a way to get rid of someone's secret base in Hoenn? I tried to get rid of this one person's by whatever the game said to do (delete it off the list ingame or whatever it was called?), but it didn't go away. But then again my game seems to be a bit glitched (still need to factory reset it), so I'm curious if it's just my game or not.
    Also, what happens if you mix records with someone who has a secret base in the same location as an already existing one, or if you mix records with people who have a secret base at the same location, at the same time?
    Last edited by Sceptile Master; 30th August 2013 at 5:44 PM.
    Take it easy
    "See you next summer..."
    (S2 is now!)

I'm not asking for help exactly, but I was wondering if you had to pick between using a Ninjask or Cradily which would you use? For Ruby.

I've been using a Ninjask but it's awfully frail...and it's not getting very good moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Sponge View Post
    I'm not asking for help exactly, but I was wondering if you had to pick between using a Ninjask or Cradily which would you use? For Ruby.

I've been using a Ninjask but it's awfully frail...and it's not getting very good moves.
    Neither is particularly good in 3rd Gen, but since Ninjask is so frail, Cradily seems more reliable. It does take forever to evolve, but it does have access to better moves via TM. Level-up moves are awful, though. If you don't want to deal with babying Lileep until Mossdeep, I'd stick with Ninjask. Otherwise, I'd use Cradily. Up to you.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Quote Originally Posted by CarneysRage View Post
    I'm looking to try some rng abuse for shinies/perfect pokes on my ruby. I've done it on my pearl, but I wanted to use Ruby for something. I tried looking on Smogon, but there wasn't an artoicl;e specifically for R/S, only Emerald, and I don't know if they are the same. I did see that if your internal battery has run dry like mine has, then it has a constant starting seed. If there is already a post or thread on this, please point me to it. I want a good tutorial on how to abuse rng on ruby, with a dry battery, for shininess and stuff.
    I know the answer is a *cough* bit *cough* late, but you can only RNG abuse on Ruby/Sapphire with a dry battery, the seed then stays 5A0 permanently. When having a running battery, the seed permanently changes in a random way so you can't calculate anything. So basically you can use the Broken RNG guide for Emerald with the only addition that you have to set the seed to 5A0 when searching for results.

Since Pokemon X and Y have been released, I'm going to do another run of Pokémon XD to SR some good pokemon and ribbon project all them. I want to catch one pokemon from each generation from 1-3. I know I'd like to reset for a Scyther (which will become a Scizor) so gen 2 is covered, but what about gens 1 and 3? Please suggest some pokemon for me to reset for. I'd like it if each pokemon either had a MegaEvo or are competitively viable (obviously Scizor is both) and as an added bonus, whoever suggest the pokemon I end up sr'ing for will get free copies of each of them when they are ready.

I posted this on the Colo/XD board as well but that is less active and doesn't have a simple requests thread!

Quote Originally Posted by frogl View Post
    Since Pokemon X and Y have been released, I'm going to do another run of Pokémon XD to SR some good pokemon and ribbon project all them. I want to catch one pokemon from each generation from 1-3. I know I'd like to reset for a Scyther (which will become a Scizor) so gen 2 is covered, but what about gens 1 and 3? Please suggest some pokemon for me to reset for. I'd like it if each pokemon either had a MegaEvo or are competitively viable (obviously Scizor is both) and as an added bonus, whoever suggest the pokemon I end up sr'ing for will get free copies of each of them when they are ready.

I posted this on the Colo/XD board as well but that is less active and doesn't have a simple requests thread!
    Scizor does have a Mega evolution, However at this time we really don't know much more about it. Chances are you'll be stuck with the Swarm Ability, there's a 50% chance to change to Technician if you evolve it in DPPt or later games. I'd recommend going Adamant Nature, but Given how hard to find this info out in XD. (You'll need catch and then Purify it to the point to Show the nature) Scizor's best stat is Attack, and I don't blame you for using it. Morning Sun isn't that useful on a "Glass Canon".

The Competitive scene for X&Y doesn't exist, yet. This is mainly down to the fact we don't know the stats or even Move sets of most Pokémon at the moment.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

The ability change capsule, a new item in X and Y, allows a pokemon to change between its first and second abilities, meaning I can get a technician scizor from XD regardless of the ability I catch it with. I am also an experienced XD resetter, so I know I'm up to the task. I'd just like two other 'mons to reset for!

how can i beat Norman in Sapphire? im doing a mono water team and here's what i have:

lombre: bullet seed/absorb/rock smash/astonish
    marshstomp: mud shot/water gun/rock smash/return
    pelipper: shock wave/steel wing/wing attack/water gun

his slaking usually used Yawn then Facade or vice versa.

As the new games have come out I want to transfer my old emerald pokemon to diamond then black etc.

But I've forgotten where the move deleter is and so if anyone knows that would be much appreciated?
    ^First Time No Joke for personality test^ ^Credit goes to ioliolk for userbar^ ^Credit goes to PokemonRoss for the banner^

Default A question about EVs

Hi,

New to this forum, glad to be part of it.

So, here's my question:

Assuming I have a Lvl 99 Rayquaza and I assign EVs in the following stats:

HP: 6
    ATK: 252
    DEF: 0
    SP. ATK: 252
    SP. DEF: 0
    SPD: 0

Say I decide to use EV berries to reset the EVs assigned in SP. ATK and start EV training in HP. Once I reach the level cap (100), will I gain extra points in HP while retaining the stats in SP. ATK that had been previously acquired via EV, or will I lose the stats in SP. ATK and have those lost points transferred to HP? Hope this isn't a confusing question.

Thanks,
    tortillamuncher

Quote Originally Posted by iloveicebeam View Post
    how can i beat Norman in Sapphire? im doing a mono water team and here's what i have:

lombre: bullet seed/absorb/rock smash/astonish
    marshstomp: mud shot/water gun/rock smash/return
    pelipper: shock wave/steel wing/wing attack/water gun

his slaking usually used Yawn then Facade or vice versa.
    You can try making your Pokemon hold Chesto berries to prevent the sleep, but other than that grinding is the only thing that'll help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitar Terror View Post
    As the new games have come out I want to transfer my old emerald pokemon to diamond then black etc.

But I've forgotten where the move deleter is and so if anyone knows that would be much appreciated?
    He's in Lillycove.

Quote Originally Posted by tortillamuncher View Post
    Hi,

New to this forum, glad to be part of it.

So, here's my question:

Assuming I have a Lvl 99 Rayquaza and I assign EVs in the following stats:

HP: 6
    ATK: 252
    DEF: 0
    SP. ATK: 252
    SP. DEF: 0
    SPD: 0

Say I decide to use EV berries to reset the EVs assigned in SP. ATK and start EV training in HP. Once I reach the level cap (100), will I gain extra points in HP while retaining the stats in SP. ATK that had been previously acquired via EV, or will I lose the stats in SP. ATK and have those lost points transferred to HP? Hope this isn't a confusing question.

Thanks,
    tortillamuncher
    Your Special Attack will drop and your HP will go up.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast