Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: RSE Help/FAQ Discussion Thread

I think I might start a file in emerald using a numel. Anybody have any suggestions/advice?
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

My drilbur in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

Okay, so I finally factory-restted my Emerald cart. May appeared when I had no save after doing so, but with my new file and picking May/the girl... I keep on seeing Brendan in the intro. Do I have bad luck or is something weird going on?
    Take it easy
    "See you next summer..."
    (S2 is now!)
    I'm looking for an old piece of art I requested on here years ago and lost. It was a brown-haired girl with a pink wristband riding a Torterra. If you think you have this picture saved or have seen it somewhere please let me know and send it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile Master View Post
    Okay, so I finally factory-restted my Emerald cart. May appeared when I had no save after doing so, but with my new file and picking May/the girl... I keep on seeing Brendan in the intro. Do I have bad luck or is something weird going on?
    It's random which one you see in the intro.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Does the IV guy at the Battle Frontier only say 1 stat that is Flawless? I know my Staryu has flawless speed, which he confirmed, but it might also have flawless Special Attack. So if it was Flawless, would he say it was too?(ie he would say both speed and special attack are flawless).
    ~RaichuArcanine~

My Shiny Card
    White BQ: Hunting:
    -I'm not a mundane: I'm a Shadowhunter! =D
    I have claimed Raichu!

I want to use a Latios in the Battle Tower but I only have 2, one Lonely natured, one Quiet. I can't get another one. Which one would be better to use?

I contacted Nintendo recently regarding obtaining the Eon ticket in the UK and the promotion has far expired (the attempt was more out of hope than anything). Does anyone know if the US E-reader can be used on UK gameboys and games? I should be able to get one fairly easily on eBay if so...
    Last edited by Charmeleon5; 24th November 2013 at 7:51 PM.

My Emerald game randomly deleted itself, after working fine for a couple of days. I can see an official Nintendo Seal on it, it appears to be the right colour game pack as well. Does this still mean that it's not a legitemate copy?

EDIT: forgot to mention, it's a US copy, in an Australian DS with an Australian copy of HG in the DS slot. Would these have affected it?
    Last edited by Sora200X; 24th January 2014 at 2:31 PM.

Look at the label, is it holographic?

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Hey guys, just a question on Nuzlockes from me. Sadly, there is no equivalent thread in the Challenge forum, or I'd ask there.

Nuzlockes are very simple but I'm not certain on the rules of stuff like Gift Pokemon. For example, on my Emerald game, I've just collected a Fossil from the Mirage Tower and resurrected it, but would it count as a Mirage Tower encounter (Which I've already caught a Pokemon from) or a Rustboro City encounter (In which case I've got more leeway) In addition, do people consider the desert as a separate area to Route 111, as it has a different set of Pokemon to catch there or is it still Route 111 as the Route Number doesn't change when you enter it?

I understand there is no hard and fast rule, but I just want people's opinions on the matter before I continue on.
    The Five Region Challenge

Spoiler:- Regions:

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Espeon0429 View Post
    Hey guys, just a question on Nuzlockes from me. Sadly, there is no equivalent thread in the Challenge forum, or I'd ask there.

Nuzlockes are very simple but I'm not certain on the rules of stuff like Gift Pokemon. For example, on my Emerald game, I've just collected a Fossil from the Mirage Tower and resurrected it, but would it count as a Mirage Tower encounter (Which I've already caught a Pokemon from) or a Rustboro City encounter (In which case I've got more leeway) In addition, do people consider the desert as a separate area to Route 111, as it has a different set of Pokemon to catch there or is it still Route 111 as the Route Number doesn't change when you enter it?

I understand there is no hard and fast rule, but I just want people's opinions on the matter before I continue on.
    I believe one way to deal with gift Pokemon is to just make gift Pokemon an exception for the sake of simplicity and giving you more options, but I'm assuming you're not going with that rule. Otherwise, you technically obtain the Pokemon itself in Rustboro, so I'd consider that the Rustboro City capture. I'm sure there are people who might consider it a Route 111 (RS) or Mirage Tower (E) capture, but nothing about the fossil Pokemon's summary will say there (if I recall correctly), so I'd say just consider it the Rustboro encounter.

As for the desert, I believe that falls under what some call the Pinwheel Forest clause, in that two areas with the same name can count as different areas if the two places have different encounters. In your case, it's the desert and the regular Route 111 area which both have vastly different encounters, and that one is totally open to your decision. Personally, the gap between Route 111 and the desert is so large, I'd say it's not a problem to consider it a new area for captures, especially if you're in a dire situation right now. Just be careful with a Baltoy.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Quote Originally Posted by RaichuArcanine View Post
    Does the IV guy at the Battle Frontier only say 1 stat that is Flawless? I know my Staryu has flawless speed, which he confirmed, but it might also have flawless Special Attack. So if it was Flawless, would he say it was too?(ie he would say both speed and special attack are flawless).
    ~RaichuArcanine~
    The IV Judge will determine all stats and say which stat is Flawless.
    Yes, the IV Judge would have said that your Pokemon's Special Attack is Flawless. In your case, only Staryu's Speed is Flawless.

Hope this helps. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Psynergy View Post
    I believe one way to deal with gift Pokemon is to just make gift Pokemon an exception for the sake of simplicity and giving you more options, but I'm assuming you're not going with that rule. Otherwise, you technically obtain the Pokemon itself in Rustboro, so I'd consider that the Rustboro City capture. I'm sure there are people who might consider it a Route 111 (RS) or Mirage Tower (E) capture, but nothing about the fossil Pokemon's summary will say there (if I recall correctly), so I'd say just consider it the Rustboro encounter.

As for the desert, I believe that falls under what some call the Pinwheel Forest clause, in that two areas with the same name can count as different areas if the two places have different encounters. In your case, it's the desert and the regular Route 111 area which both have vastly different encounters, and that one is totally open to your decision. Personally, the gap between Route 111 and the desert is so large, I'd say it's not a problem to consider it a new area for captures, especially if you're in a dire situation right now. Just be careful with a Baltoy.
    Thank you very much for the quick response. I think then, that I shall count the Fossil as my Rustboro City encounter in that case. No, I'm not playing the gift Pokemon clause - you see, I'm doing relatively well so far (Just one death) and I think that Gift Pokemon would make it too easy, so in the case of stuff like Castform, unless its my first encounter, I won't be using it.

I agree on the "Pinwheel Forest Clause" - it makes sense! Thank you for your help, really, it was just confusing me a little bit!

Argh another Nuzlocke related question from me, if its OK?

I played through normally to Route 120 and caught an Absol! Unfortunately, due to unforseen circumstances, my game shut off. Now I've gone back there and found a different first Pokemon there (Marill). Am I allowed to keep looking for an Absol on the basis that I found one on my first occasion (And therefore was the first one found on the route or should I take the new Pokemon? What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Espeon0429 View Post
    Argh another Nuzlocke related question from me, if its OK?

I played through normally to Route 120 and caught an Absol! Unfortunately, due to unforseen circumstances, my game shut off. Now I've gone back there and found a different first Pokemon there (Marill). Am I allowed to keep looking for an Absol on the basis that I found one on my first occasion (And therefore was the first one found on the route or should I take the new Pokemon? What do you think?
    Just do whatever you prefer, there'd be no way to tell anyway. It's really just an honour system.

Default What can you get in pokemon emerald that you can't get in XY

Ive been playing through my Pokemon emerald recently and i was trying to figure out what moves and so on i could only get in this version and not the newer games. The idea is if theirs anything useful i could move them to my X version. Any ideas or if someone knows where there is already a list would be useful.

Hey guys, I have a question. What happens if you haven't picked the fossil from the Mirage Tower, and you attempt to obtain in after the Elite four? Because if I go to that cave with the Ditto, I can find a Root Fossil there, but I want the other one, the claw fossil, as I have obtained the Root Fossil in Ruby. Can anyone help me? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Infernoleo View Post
    Ive been playing through my Pokemon emerald recently and i was trying to figure out what moves and so on i could only get in this version and not the newer games. The idea is if theirs anything useful i could move them to my X version. Any ideas or if someone knows where there is already a list would be useful.
    I'm not sure if you're looking for a specific type of move, but you can look at this page for tutors scattered throughout Hoenn and this page for Battle Frontier tutors. A lot of useful tutors are now TM's or tutors in a future game as well, but for useful tutors not in future games, you have Softboiled, Seismic Toss and Body Slam. You can look through these pages and see if any of these are useful to you.

Quote Originally Posted by DRM4R10 View Post
    Hey guys, I have a question. What happens if you haven't picked the fossil from the Mirage Tower, and you attempt to obtain in after the Elite four? Because if I go to that cave with the Ditto, I can find a Root Fossil there, but I want the other one, the claw fossil, as I have obtained the Root Fossil in Ruby. Can anyone help me? Thanks
    I wasn't aware that the game would let you access the Desert Underpass without getting the Mirage Tower fossil first. The easiest option would be to wait for Mirage Tower to show up again and get the Claw Fossil if you want that one. I don't know what happens if you get the Desert Underpass fossil first, so to be safe, I'd find the Mirage Tower and get the Claw Fossil to ensure nothing messes up.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Berry Glitch Fix

I found a thread about the glitch but it was closed and I couldn't reply there. I've been having issues with my games not patching. I've replaced the internal batteries on all of them and then attempted to patch the glitch with FR/LF/Colosseum but nothing seems to be working. I even found a piece of information about having only 5 pokemon on your team whilst patching but that did not work either. Any solutions to this irritating problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Tklee13 View Post
    Berry Glitch Fix

I found a thread about the glitch but it was closed and I couldn't reply there. I've been having issues with my games not patching. I've replaced the internal batteries on all of them and then attempted to patch the glitch with FR/LF/Colosseum but nothing seems to be working. I even found a piece of information about having only 5 pokemon on your team whilst patching but that did not work either. Any solutions to this irritating problem?
    If you've replaced your battery you wont need the patch.

I have and I've been playing it and I'm still experiencing the issues such as not growing any berries.

Quote Originally Posted by Tklee13 View Post
    I have and I've been playing it and I'm still experiencing the issues such as not growing any berries.
    Then you must not have done it correctly, with a working battery there is no need for the fix.

If you've replaced the battery, BUT NOT started a new game, RSE won't start the berry growing sequence again. I read that the game uses a hidden number to compare values with the games in built clock.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

WOW so basically I'd have to start a new game again? I tried with my Sapphire (new battery and started a new save file) and NOW the berry glitch is fixed. Well, thank you very much for that little add on.

Default berry glitch in pokemon emerald?

hi
    I'm having some kind of problem with my pokemon emerald.
    Time based events are not happening even though the internal battery is still working.
    clock in littleroot is working fine but i can't get berries or a lotter ticket and no TV events etc.
    I'm sure it's not a 'internal batter has run dry' problem.
    It seems like this started to happen after i changed the inside battery
    bacause time based events worked fine before.
    I'm playing with my gameboy not vba.
    Can someone give me a solution to fix this problem?
    Sorry if this has been discussed before but I can't find right information.
    Thank you

Default Training to lvl 100 (Emerald)

I've already EV trained my pokemon and was wondering if there was an easy way to train to get to level 100 in Emerald. I know in Ruby and Sapphire there was the mudslide trick + daycare but I think it doesn't work anymore in Emerald. Anyone got a replacement to that or something equivalent?

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast