Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: RSE Help/FAQ Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by iloveicebeam View Post
    in pokemon ruby, where are all the Rare Candies located?

also, can i get Eevee in ruby version?
    Pick Up in Ruby is also pretty easy to abuse for Rare Candies, there is a 10% of picking one up, regardless of level.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

thanks for the help.

what is the best way to beat Wallace? i have sceptile with leaf blade, but his Milotic is hard to defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by iloveicebeam View Post
    thanks for the help.

what is the best way to beat Wallace? i have sceptile with leaf blade, but his Milotic is hard to defeat.
    Use status like Sleep or Poison to slow it down, and Leech Seed if you have it, though Sceptile only learns Leech Seed as an egg move.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Also don't let it use Toxic too much,or it will slowly defeat your team.

hmu on xbox !!!!

i defeated him with ease this time.

I just got my first badge and have no idea where to go next.X.X
    Most recent shiny:

3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

Quote Originally Posted by 2rsa View Post
    I just got my first badge and have no idea where to go next.X.X
    Go to the top of Rustboro City and head RIGHT onto the neighbouring route (I think it's Route 116). If you travel along that route, you should eventually reach the Rusturf Tunnel which is where you need to go.

Question Breeding Help in Gen 3?

Hello, I am currently on Pokemon Sapphire and I just have a quick question;

Once an egg hatches it shows the pokemon, blah blah blah. But if it's shiny will it show it? The shininess? Just asking because I'm wasting time looking at its info.

Thanks!

I play Pokemon every day. I'm a huge Pokemon nerd.

I'm fairly sure that it will show shinyness when the egg hatches (different coloration) but there will not be any sparkling effect.

Pokécheck - undergoing Maintenance | Viv | VIP

Yes, it will be a different colour when it hatches. The only time you can't see if a Pokémon is shiny in 3rd Gen GBA is when you are choosing a starter. The small picture will always be normal.
    3DS Code - 4554 1391 5341
    Pokémon Y - 718/721 Pokémon Caught

I'll trade you anything I can breed one of.

@PkmnTrainerJ

Out of curiosity, I'm thinking about picking up a colosseum bonus disc off ebay or something (if I can get one for a decent price). Anyway, is there any way I would be able to SR for the shiny Jirachi. I know there are some out there, but I'd rather have one I got myself. Would I be able to SR from when I pick up the Jirachi, or would I have to start a new game and send one over each time?
    Finally got my shiny Axew

Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake View Post
    Out of curiosity, I'm thinking about picking up a colosseum bonus disc off ebay or something (if I can get one for a decent price). Anyway, is there any way I would be able to SR for the shiny Jirachi. I know there are some out there, but I'd rather have one I got myself. Would I be able to SR from when I pick up the Jirachi, or would I have to start a new game and send one over each time?
    Unfortunately you can't soft reset for a shiny Jirachi since the game automatically saves as soon as you get one. You'll have to create a new game and download one for every game save until you get a shiny.

Quote Originally Posted by CMD Calcio View Post
    Unfortunately you can't soft reset for a shiny Jirachi since the game automatically saves as soon as you get one. You'll have to create a new game and download one for every game save until you get a shiny.
    Hmm. Thanks for the info. That will be a project for another day.
    Finally got my shiny Axew

Can anyone tell me why my Ruby glitches and scrambles so much? I want to start a new name and when i send out Treecko to fight that Poochyena it freezes and makes a nast sound. How can i stop this from happening more?
    current sapphire run through:

Quote Originally Posted by hillyzac View Post
    Can anyone tell me why my Ruby glitches and scrambles so much? I want to start a new name and when i send out Treecko to fight that Poochyena it freezes and makes a nast sound. How can i stop this from happening more?
    I feel like either something is wrong with the hardware or you got a counterfeit version. Sorry buddy.

I dont think its a counterfeit... i've had it for awhile now. Would it be okay if i look inside the cartridge? Just to see if anything's broken or something...

I'd just blow into the cartridge. Maybe it's just dirty. If you wanna look into the cartridge then that's an option but you can lose your save file if you mess with the wrong thing. (Though I guess you're not concerned with that since you're restarting.)

I dont think its a counterfeit... i've had it for awhile now. Would it be okay if i look inside the cartridge? Just to see if anything's broken or something...
    Opening up the cartridge might not be a good idea if you don't know what you're doing...it might be better to take it to an electronics store or something and see if they can fix it if there's something wrong with it.

If you can't get it fixed, or if blowing into it like CMD Calcio said doesn't work, then you'll probably have to get a new game.

Also hillyzac, do you have any idea why your game is glitching so much? Have you ever dropped it or anything like that?

Default clock issue

I just changed the battery inside my sapphire version because it had died, and time based events weren't occurring.
    I no longer get the message that the internal battery is dry, but clock based events still don't occur.
    Before you go all "Berry glitch! Berry glitch!" on me, I have FRLG, Emerald, Colosseum, XD, and Box. This sapphire version (and this file) have been connected to all of them, and I've attempted to use the berry glitch fix with FR and Emerald, but it tells me that it was "Unable to update the berry program." I'm assuming that this means that it is already updated and can't be updated again. Is this a correct assumption?
    I know the battery is working too because the clock in littleroot is moving forward as it should, and I watched it swap from AM to PM (and vice versa). Do I just need to wait like another day before it starts to kick in? is there some other problem with my game?
    Behold, For I am the God of Pastries.
    For the record, I can not be defeated. I think.
    My Diamond status: 482 seen, 481 owned
    My shinies; (t) means I traded for it: Groudon (DIN), Marowak (GHOSTWOMAN), Oddish (t), Aruseus (t), and Latias (t)

Quote Originally Posted by 7thmagi View Post
    I just changed the battery inside my sapphire version because it had died, and time based events weren't occurring.
    I no longer get the message that the internal battery is dry, but clock based events still don't occur.
    Before you go all "Berry glitch! Berry glitch!" on me, I have FRLG, Emerald, Colosseum, XD, and Box. This sapphire version (and this file) have been connected to all of them, and I've attempted to use the berry glitch fix with FR and Emerald, but it tells me that it was "Unable to update the berry program." I'm assuming that this means that it is already updated and can't be updated again. Is this a correct assumption?
    I know the battery is working too because the clock in littleroot is moving forward as it should, and I watched it swap from AM to PM (and vice versa). Do I just need to wait like another day before it starts to kick in? is there some other problem with my game?
    I'm not sure what's going on with your game or if there's something wrong with it, but I would wait another day and then check if time-based events are occurring. If you just changed the battery, then maybe the game thinks that you've already done today's events or something, so time-based events might not happen right away.

So check the game tomorrow, and if nothing's happening, then post again and hopefully someone with more knowledge about the internal battery can help you (I've never changed the battery, so I don't know what the immediate effects of changing it are).
    Last edited by Aquarelle; 27th February 2012 at 6:56 AM.

Default clock issue

I have waited another day.
    I did a test with a new file, and the time works just fine with that file. I did the berry girl south of rustboro, and she refreshed at midnight. I also watched some berries grow. However, in my main file, this still didn't happen. Therefore, it must be something with the save file, and not the physical hardware. Would there maybe be a gameshark or action replay code that would jumpstart the events again? I'll keep my old file regardless, but I would still like to be able to do everything.
    Behold, For I am the God of Pastries.
    For the record, I can not be defeated. I think.
    My Diamond status: 482 seen, 481 owned
    My shinies; (t) means I traded for it: Groudon (DIN), Marowak (GHOSTWOMAN), Oddish (t), Aruseus (t), and Latias (t)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    Opening up the cartridge might not be a good idea if you don't know what you're doing...it might be better to take it to an electronics store or something and see if they can fix it if there's something wrong with it.

If you can't get it fixed, or if blowing into it like CMD Calcio said doesn't work, then you'll probably have to get a new game.

Also hillyzac, do you have any idea why your game is glitching so much? Have you ever dropped it or anything like that?
    Hmmm. yeah. I guess that's a good idea... do you think the poeple at gamestop would know anything?

Blowing it does nothing... sadly

I have no idea. at all. Im sure I've dropped it tons of time in the years I've owned it... I found my brothers Sapphire(cuz i reeeeeeeeally want to play in Hoenn....) and his does the same thing.. but earlier. like when it get to the screen with Kyogre on it. Mine does it when i send out a pokemon to battle.

Hmmm. yeah. I guess that's a good idea... do you think the poeple at gamestop would know anything?

Blowing it does nothing... sadly

I have no idea. at all. Im sure I've dropped it tons of time in the years I've owned it... I found my brothers Sapphire(cuz i reeeeeeeeally want to play in Hoenn....) and his does the same thing.. but earlier. like when it get to the screen with Kyogre on it. Mine does it when i send out a pokemon to battle.
    Gamestop might be able to help you, so I think it would be worth it to go ask them if they can fix your game. If they can't do anything, then I would try going to other video game/electronics stores in your area and see if any of them can look at your game.

If nobody can solve the problem, then I would just look into getting a new game.

So, after about 50 eggs I got

Lileep - #345 (Careful) : 28 - 30 / 7 / 6 - 8 / 7 / 6 - 9 / 26 - 28

It's just for a story run, nothing competitive, running a stalling set with Amnesia, Barrier, and Toxic. Lousy defences, but the good HP should offset them somewhat, so I'm not sure whether to roll with it or keep breeding.

EDIT: Or an alternative is

Lileep - #345 (Impish) : 6 - 7 / 8 - 17 / 26 - 29 / 3 - 6 / 15 / 17 - 20

Great Def (with a boosting Nature too), average SpDef, a bit more attack, but this time it's the HP that lets it down.
    Last edited by cantab; 4th March 2012 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    Gamestop might be able to help you, so I think it would be worth it to go ask them if they can fix your game. If they can't do anything, then I would try going to other video game/electronics stores in your area and see if any of them can look at your game.

If nobody can solve the problem, then I would just look into getting a new game.
    Okay, I'll try to get there soon.

Ah, i was slightly afraid of that. Thanks for the help.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast