Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: RSE Help/FAQ Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 7thmagi View Post
    Would there maybe be a gameshark or action replay code that would jumpstart the events again? I'll keep my old file regardless, but I would still like to be able to do everything.
    We're not allowed to discuss cheating devices here so we can't give you an answer on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    If nobody can solve the problem, then I would just look into getting a new game.
    Careful now. It's not that easy to get legit copies of the 3rd Gen games anymore. Half of the ones floating around now are bootlegs.

Quote Originally Posted by CMD Calcio View Post
    Careful now. It's not that easy to get legit copies of the 3rd Gen games anymore. Half of the ones floating around now are bootlegs.
    True, it can be difficult to find legit copies of the Gen III games. I don't think there are even any second-hand stores in my area that carry GBA or earlier games anymore. :/

But if he can't get his fixed, then he'll pretty much have to find a new one if he wants to keep playing. He will just have to be very cautious when trying to purchase one, whether it be online or at a used game store near him that still carries GBA games.

Quote Originally Posted by CMD Calcio View Post
    We're not allowed to discuss cheating devices here so we can't give you an answer on this.

True, it can be difficult to find legit copies of the Gen III games. I don't think there are even any second-hand stores in my area that carry GBA or earlier games anymore. :/

But if he can't get his fixed, then he'll pretty much have to find a new one if he wants to keep playing. He will just have to be very cautious when trying to purchase one, whether it be online or at a used game store near him that still carries GBA games.
    If gamestop cant fix it/dont know how to fix it(i still havnt gone there yet), I'd just wait for the inevitable remakes. I dont want to spend money on what might be fake(but if i were to buy another, i'd try it out first).
    Looking for 6IV Ditto. Have lots of events and some shinies (some of both are flawless/5IV). Message me and we can discuss

FC:1950-9844-1837
    IGN:Zac

Just curious, whats the percentage for Bagon in the meteor falls B2 cave area, where you get TM02(...?) Dragon Claw? I need one to get a perfect Aggron, Metagross, and Salamence team for the battle frontier.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Autismic View Post
    Just curious, whats the percentage for Bagon in the meteor falls B2 cave area, where you get TM02(...?) Dragon Claw? I need one to get a perfect Aggron, Metagross, and Salamence team for the battle frontier.
    Pokearth says 25%.

Pokearth says 25%.
    really? damn. I will just have to wait for the pokemon News broadcast in which they become overpopulated.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Autismic View Post
    really? damn. I will just have to wait for the pokemon News broadcast in which they become overpopulated.
    It may only be 25%, but the number of Pokemon you run into before Bagon each time isn't really too bad. It shouldn't take more than maybe 5 mins to find one.
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

Let's say a Pokemon knows Hidden Power Water, and that Pokemon is holding Mystic Water, which boosts Water-type moves by 10%. Would Hidden Power be boosted?

Quote Originally Posted by Bbran5 View Post
    Let's say a Pokemon knows Hidden Power Water, and that Pokemon is holding Mystic Water, which boosts Water-type moves by 10%. Would Hidden Power be boosted?
    Yes it would. It's turned into a water-type move so it would get that extra boost.
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

I have been hunting for a shiny mudkip in ruby for months now and I haven't seen one yet. The internal battery was dry but i replaced and now I no longer get the dry internal battery message but I don't know if the RNG is still broken. Does anyone have an answer?

Really stupid question time.

When growing berries, how often do you need to water per time period.

EG: Razz berry grows in 1/2/3/4 hours. You water in each time period to grow max berries.
    So far so good...

but do you need to water multiple times to get max berries or is once per time slot to get max growth?

Been playing since Ruby/Sapphire came out, you think I would know this by now

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by dancingmonkey View Post
    Really stupid question time.

When growing berries, how often do you need to water per time period.

EG: Razz berry grows in 1/2/3/4 hours. You water in each time period to grow max berries.
    So far so good...

but do you need to water multiple times to get max berries or is once per time slot to get max growth?

Been playing since Ruby/Sapphire came out, you think I would know this by now

Cheers.
    Once per stage of growth.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Here the original thread: *Click*

as I am an ambitious, nostalgic player of Pokemon, I took out my Pokemon Sapphire again (after beating Yellow and Crystal ). Unfortunately, I had to realize that my internal battery went dry.
    My savestate is still there (as this is saved on an extra flash memory, thanks to GBA games), but all those events that require the time (clock, TV etc.) don't appear anymore.
    But you probably know all this.
    I already changed the internal battery of my blue and crystal version, now it is time to do so to my sapphire.

My question is: If I put out the internal battery of the game, will the savestate be erased? I know that e.g. on FireRed there is no internal battery and saving works fine anyway, but it could also be that on R/S/E, the battery is used to keep the savestate saved on the flash memory.

It also would be logical that there is no problem in putting out the battery, as saving works fine even if the battery is dead, but I just want to be 100% sure that I don't hurt my savestate in any way.

Greetings,
    Exabytez

P.S.: Sorry for posting an extra thread on this problem, I normally don't visit Serebii or English forums in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Exabytez View Post
    Here the original thread: *Click*

as I am an ambitious, nostalgic player of Pokemon, I took out my Pokemon Sapphire again (after beating Yellow and Crystal ). Unfortunately, I had to realize that my internal battery went dry.
    My savestate is still there (as this is saved on an extra flash memory, thanks to GBA games), but all those events that require the time (clock, TV etc.) don't appear anymore.
    But you probably know all this.
    I already changed the internal battery of my blue and crystal version, now it is time to do so to my sapphire.

My question is: If I put out the internal battery of the game, will the savestate be erased? I know that e.g. on FireRed there is no internal battery and saving works fine anyway, but it could also be that on R/S/E, the battery is used to keep the savestate saved on the flash memory.

It also would be logical that there is no problem in putting out the battery, as saving works fine even if the battery is dead, but I just want to be 100% sure that I don't hurt my savestate in any way.

Greetings,
    Exabytez

P.S.: Sorry for posting an extra thread on this problem, I normally don't visit Serebii or English forums in general.
    I just recently replaced the dry internal battery in my Pokemon Ruby for shiny hunting purposes. When I did this I played the game after I replaced the battery everything worked fine and it even kept the save file. It also would do the same thing even if you didn't add a new battery because the old battery is dead the game just thinks that there is no battery. So even without a battery the game just says the internal battery is dry and you can still save. Hope it helps!
    My Own Personal Shiny Pokemon Caught
    Soft Reset-
    Pokeradar- ( ) ( )
    Random Encounter-

HUNTING FOR SHINY!

I'm looking to try some rng abuse for shinies/perfect pokes on my ruby. I've done it on my pearl, but I wanted to use Ruby for something. I tried looking on Smogon, but there wasn't an artoicl;e specifically for R/S, only Emerald, and I don't know if they are the same. I did see that if your internal battery has run dry like mine has, then it has a constant starting seed. If there is already a post or thread on this, please point me to it. I want a good tutorial on how to abuse rng on ruby, with a dry battery, for shininess and stuff.
    White friend code: 2494 3388 7234-Hiro

Shinies: (MM-first egg!)
    RNG shinies:
    Event Shinies:
    DW Females:
    DW Males/Genderless:

I don't like acronyms. They confuse me.

i don't know if i should put this here.

my current team is Blaziken / Gardevoir / Sharpedo / Ludicolo / Sandslash / Altaria
    i only have one TM for Earthquake and Dig respectively (i.e. i can't have 2 pokemon learning Earthquake at the same time)
    then who should learn Dig, Sandslash or Blaziken??
    and ho should learn Earthquake, Sandslash or Sharpedo??

(i've just passed the Victory Road but my team has only an average level of 43~46, i don't know what to do now)
    don't know any about ev or iv or nature~~

GMT +8
    (Diamond)
    Name: CAPE
    FC: 0819-8691-8293

yay, i love Quilava and i don't do it intentionally~

How do I beat Wattson in Emerald.I dont have any ground,fire or fighting pokemon and please dont suggest to catch one because i have planned to catch a numel but sadly i can't use Rock Smash outside of battle until defeating Wattson.
    Here's my team:
    Grovyle(Lv. 23)
    Swellow(Lv. 23)
    Aron(Lv. 23)
    Kirlia(Lv. 23)
    Tentacool(Lv. 23)
        Spoiler:- Completed and Current Playthroughs:

Quote Originally Posted by amittal12 View Post
    How do I beat Wattson in Emerald.I dont have any ground,fire or fighting pokemon and please dont suggest to catch one because i have planned to catch a numel but sadly i can't use Rock Smash outside of battle until defeating Wattson.
    Here's my team:
    Grovyle(Lv. 23)
    Swellow(Lv. 23)
    Aron(Lv. 23)
    Kirlia(Lv. 23)
    Tentacool(Lv. 23)
    Go to the day care, put one or two pokemon in (Try not to if your pokemon's gonna learn a new move, just lv them up normally and forget it/learn it, the daycare usualy replaces leaf blade for like, growl.) and get on the mach/acro bike and go back and forth between Mauville and...What was it, verdanturf? w/e. Keep doing it till you get the lvs you want, i did it till my team was lv 25.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    And Sakurai's freedom has ended. Time for him to come back and be our slave to release extremely vague snapshots every five days a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphony View Post
    "Stare into my eyes and be hypnotized by my cuteness!"

Hey guys, just wanted to know if this is possible to trade over a LG/FR pokemon (like Aerodactyl) to an Emerald game with the National Dex, and then trade it into an uncompleted Emerald game (without the national dex)?
    Thanks!

Pokemon games I own:
    PokemonBlue (2 copies)
    Pokemon Silver
    Pokemon Emerald
    Pokemon Fire Red
    Pokemon Leaf Green
    Pokemon Pearl
    Pokemon White
    Pokemon Black 2
    Pokemon Y

Default Story help. Beat 6th gym now what??

So I haven't turned on my Emerald in a while but I turned it on just today and see that I have 6 gym badges and I am in Lilycove City. I went to Mt. Pyre and battled my way through the Team Aqua grunts until they left, and now I don't know what to do. I tried surfing east of lilycove but there was a Team Aqua grunt blocking the way with his Wailmers. Help?

have you got Magma Emblem??
    go to Mt. Chimney and go down the jagged pass to the 4th Gym and you'll see...

poor English...
    don't know any about ev or iv or nature~~

GMT +8
    (Diamond)
    Name: CAPE
    FC: 0819-8691-8293

yay, i love Quilava and i don't do it intentionally~

Please post it here...

"Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until they speak."

~~~Black FC: 0175 6765 7656~~~
    ~~~X FC: 0259 1258 2670~~~

Quote Originally Posted by cape View Post
    have you got Magma Emblem??
    go to Mt. Chimney and go down the jagged pass to the 4th Gym and you'll see...

poor English...
    Ummmm... I'm not sure about my English but I did get passed the part I was stuck on. Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by amittal12 View Post
    Here's my team:
    Grovyle(Lv. 23)
    Swellow(Lv. 23)
    Aron(Lv. 23)
    Kirlia(Lv. 23)
    Tentacool(Lv. 23)
    Did you delete Mud Slap from Aron? That's the only way IMO to help against Wattson's Electics. You could go on a training spree and raise him up a few levels. I'd suggest until he evolves into Lairon, but I know not everyone is a training maniac like me That's the ont way I see since you don't have a Fighting or Fire alternative. Lucky for you none of the Electrics levitate...

You might want to backtrack and get a Geodude or Makuhita to get rid of the Magneton. Aron's Defense should withstand Voltorb. Eletrike should get knocked out easy. Have Grovyle and Kirlia at higher levels to gang up on Manectric. Add another pokemon to use solely for revive/potion use on other Pokemon. Same goes for Swellow and Tentacool.
    Currently going through the 5 main regions.
    Quote Originally Posted by SazandoraIsAwesome View Post
    -ARE SKYLA, ELESA, and CYNTHIA STILL YOUNG AND SEXY??!

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast