Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: RSE Help/FAQ Discussion Thread

Sadly, my ruby's internal battery died. so I tried to fix by the berry update that came with my emerald, but it says 'Unable to update berry program". Help?
    Currently playing: Pokemon Ruby Team! (Broken internal battery :C)

Most recent shiny-

Quote Originally Posted by Seth pkmn View Post
    Sadly, my ruby's internal battery died. so I tried to fix by the berry update that came with my emerald, but it says 'Unable to update berry program". Help?
    Chances are there is only one fix: replacing the battery. You'll a new button battery, screwdriver and a soldering Iron for Electronics. And that's as far as I can go without breaking the rules.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    Chances are there is only one fix: replacing the battery. You'll a new button battery, screwdriver and a soldering Iron for Electronics. And that's as far as I can go without breaking the rules.
    Hmm, yes. I've heard of that, done it with my crystal/gold versions many times.
    But I heard it makes you lose your save.

Most recent shiny-

Hmm, yes. I've heard of that, done it with my crystal/gold versions many times.
    But I heard it makes you lose your save.
    RSE use flash memory, so changing the battery shouldn't hurt your save file.
    Older Pokemon games lose their save when you change the battery because the battery controls the save. RSE's battery is only for the clock, so they don't have this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    RSE use flash memory, so changing the battery shouldn't hurt your save file.
    Older Pokemon games lose their save when you change the battery because the battery controls the save. RSE's battery is only for the clock, so they don't have this problem.
    Thanks for the confirmation, I'll get around to fixing it when I get a watch battery.

Most recent shiny-

I replaced my ruby's internal battery hoping it would fix the broken rng so i could find shiny pokemon, but I dont know if that works or does the rng stay broken?
    My Own Personal Shiny Pokemon Caught
    Soft Reset-
    Pokeradar- ( ) ( )
    Random Encounter-

HUNTING FOR SHINY!

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny_Mudkip View Post
    I replaced my ruby's internal battery hoping it would fix the broken rng so i could find shiny pokemon, but I dont know if that works or does the rng stay broken?
    It should work.

Anyway

Anyone know a good place to grind before fighting watson? My pokemon are in the 26-27 area, and I cant beat him. Right now im getting what little levels I can and hope that my HM slave zig zagoon finds some good items that could help. Maybe I could use the rare candies if im desperate.
    I have a grovyle and dustox

Most recent shiny-

If it's even Worth SRing on an Emerald cartridge;

Could I get the Seedot, "DOTS", shiny from the sailor 'Kobe' in Rustboro City?

The guy who wants a Ralts of yours?
    PokeBalls are biodegradable. Don't litter.
    ~Officer Jenny

Anyone know a good place to grind before fighting watson? My pokemon are in the 26-27 area, and I cant beat him. Right now im getting what little levels I can and hope that my HM slave zig zagoon finds some good items that could help. Maybe I could use the rare candies if im desperate.
    I have a grovyle and dustox
    Huge cliche here, but Cycle Road? You can gain some pretty good levels right there

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyGoogleplex View Post
    If it's even Worth SRing on an Emerald cartridge;

Could I get the Seedot, "DOTS", shiny from the sailor 'Kobe' in Rustboro City?

The guy who wants a Ralts of yours?
    I would imagine not as the event of you trading for that Seedot is predefined, as is the Pokemon itself, so probably not.
    Last edited by Pokeman1234; 10th June 2012 at 11:52 AM. Reason: I stand corrected.
    It's the return of the... oh wait, no wait! He didn't say what I think he did, did he?

Guess who's returned after a year or so ;D

What time do I set the clock in my game for it to be low tide?
    Because, my game has a broken battery, and I'm getting glalie, so yea....

Most recent shiny-

What time do I set the clock in my game for it to be low tide?
    Because, my game has a broken battery, and I'm getting glalie, so yea....
    Low tide starts at 3:00, ends at 9:00 (this is the same for both AM and PM).

Default Use HP ups because too lazy to EV train!

I'm too lazy to EV train my Pokemon especially in 3rd generation because there are no power items and it's almost impossible to get pokerus. Do you guys think it might be faster if i use 10 proteins or HP ups to ev train my pokemon? If i want 252 EV's, I'll just go get them.

So each HP up gives you 10 HP EVs right? If i want my Shuckle to have 252 EVs, i'll just use 10 HP ups and get the other 152 EVs from Marill. I'm just wondering if that'll work or not.

Also, you don't have to worry about running out of HP ups because I can use the cloning glitch and i have a lot of points in the battle frontier

So, setting the clock at the beginning of the game, I should set it to like, 10-ish?

Most recent shiny-

Quote Originally Posted by calender68 View Post
    I'm too lazy to EV train my Pokemon especially in 3rd generation because there are no power items and it's almost impossible to get pokerus. Do you guys think it might be faster if i use 10 proteins or HP ups to ev train my pokemon? If i want 252 EV's, I'll just go get them.

So each HP up gives you 10 HP EVs right? If i want my Shuckle to have 252 EVs, i'll just use 10 HP ups and get the other 152 EVs from Marill. I'm just wondering if that'll work or not.

Also, you don't have to worry about running out of HP ups because I can use the cloning glitch and i have a lot of points in the battle frontier
    As long as you are aware that you can't get more than 100 EVs in a stat, and many people recommend using the "Vitamins" for a quicker start.

You may also want to too look at Pokérus and Macho Brace as both will double amount of EVs earned for that Pokémon, and also both item and "Sickness" effects are quadruples the EVs earned..
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

So, setting the clock at the beginning of the game, I should set it to like, 10-ish?
    But if you set your clock to 10:00, your game will be stuck on high tide.

The tides go like this:
    3am-9am: Low tide
    9am-3pm: High tide
    3pm-9pm: Low tide
    9pm-3am: High tide

So if you want low tide, set the clock to some time between 3 and 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokeman1234 View Post

I would imagine not as the event of you trading for that Seedot is predefined, as is the Pokemon itself, so probably not.
    I checked twice and this Seedot I'm after was different with natures, stats, gender, etc.

So I'll pose it this way: Without it being shiny in the "seed launch" scattering mechanism in the first time, the mechanism that's supposedly Broken & predetermined(?) in Emerald, can you aim for a shiny with SRing?

I ask of built-in trades, gift-pokes, and the Legendaries.

This is all in Emerald too, not Ruby/Sapphire which do get like Emerald when their internal battery dries out.

And also so far my Emerald has been faithful, with no seen error messages and even 1 shiny encountered in it's 1000+ hours of game-play life. (I started a new file after migrating that 1 shiny to a DS poke-game card. Abra.)
    ~Officer Jenny

How does the internal battery in emerald run dry and when?because ive had mine for awhile and I don't want it too go dry

Quote Originally Posted by munchlaxguy View Post
    How does the internal battery in emerald run dry and when?because ive had mine for awhile and I don't want it too go dry
    It might not for a good while, I was just sayin'. R/S hit US markets in 2003. Emerald was in 2005 so maybe improved quality make?
    ~Officer Jenny

Default Need help- Mossdeep Gym

I have accumulated 16 hours on my game thus far, and when I encountered the Mossdeep gym leaders I realized that I have a major problem. I am not sure how this happened, but as you already know, Tate and Liza have a Solrock and Lunatone, each level 42. The pokemon I have trained in the game are as follows:

Breloom: Level 34
    Tentacruel: Level 36
    Blaziken: Level 39 (quick attack, blaze kick, overheat, double kick)
    Gyrados: Level 35 (Twister, thundershock, surf, dragon rage)
    Mightyena: Level 33 (Tackle, swagger, sand-attack, bite)
    Vibrava: Level 35 (Bite, crunch, faint attack, dragonbreath)
    Swablu: Level 34 (Fly, steel wing, aerial ace, take down)
    Lileep: Level 25 (ingrain, acid, astonish, constrict)

The pokemon below tentacruel are currently in my party. Although I have beaten the game numerous times before, I only realized about 10 hours in that I wanted my party to be Blaziken, Gyrados, Flygon, Salamance, Cradily, Altaria. Prior to this, I had been training the other three pokemon (Tentacruel, Breloom and Mightyena). I do not really feel like starting the game over to train my ideal party in the beginning. I also realize that none of them have very good moves. How can I train them to be able to beat Tate and Liza without spending too much time? And is it too much of a hastle to train the lileep since it is so far behind my pokemon? I started training the lileep at level 20 when my party was already at around level 30, and also started training my swablu a bit before when it was level 23.

TLDR; I cannot beat the Mossdeep gym leaders because I screwed up my party and they are not the right types of pokemon as well as being insufficiently low levels. How do I train them in a relatively short period of time to be able to continue playing the game? I have tried fighting wild pokemon but I cannot seem to find any that are high level and are not basic level.

Sorry for the monologue.
    Last edited by Player1; 28th June 2012 at 5:59 PM.

The best trainers you can constantly battle for some decent xp is the Gabby and Ty duo (interviewers). They can be found at Fallarbor (not exactly in, but close enough), Mauville (to the right) and Fortree (to the right). In that order, so Fallarbor, Mauville, Fortree, Fallarbor etc.
    They get a max lvl of 39 and give 3K xp total.

Thanks, I didn't think about them.

I love Pokemon Emerald, its just great
    Pokemon ~ Forever

Diamond - 2323 2482 1869
    Pearl - 2709 7952 9840
    Platinum - 4556 6191 9479
    HeartGold - 3354 0403 7345
    SoulSilver - 0648 2127 8615
    Black - 2452 0990 5350
    White - 0734 1174 5350
    Black 2 - Soon!
    White 2 - Soon!

Hi,

I have a question about the internal battery. Probably about two years after the games came out, I accidentally washed my Sapphire in the washer, and ever since, the internal battery has been "dry." Now, I'm playing the game again, and I'm starting to get annoyed with the fact that I can't get the Shell Bell, grow berries, or, from what I've read and assume, get Regice. I've been playing with the battery on Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland, and upon removal of the battery, the game's data is erased. However, if the battery in Sapphire is already dead, is it not associated with stored data? If not, I'll replace it, but I don't want to lose my data, and I'd rather just keep the problems I already have if that's the case.

So, if I replace the battery, will my save file be deleted?

Thanks!

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I don't know where else to ask.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by www500 View Post
    Hi,

I have a question about the internal battery. Probably about two years after the games came out, I accidentally washed my Sapphire in the washer, and ever since, the internal battery has been "dry." Now, I'm playing the game again, and I'm starting to get annoyed with the fact that I can't get the Shell Bell, grow berries, or, from what I've read and assume, get Regice. I've been playing with the battery on Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland, and upon removal of the battery, the game's data is erased. However, if the battery in Sapphire is already dead, is it not associated with stored data? If not, I'll replace it, but I don't want to lose my data, and I'd rather just keep the problems I already have if that's the case.

So, if I replace the battery, will my save file be deleted?

Thanks!

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I don't know where else to ask.
    From what I read the RSE uses a Flash Memory like DSes and SD cards and many Pen Drives. So the data isn't lost. From what I've also read, if you replace the Battery, The data is kept but the game needs reformatting to restart the Berry Clock.

Personally, I'd Trade away all the stuff you want to keep to send them to a 4th Gen game.

Question: I'm planning to do Emeralds Battle Frontier for the symbols, but I've not had good luck with any of them. I've got access to most of the Pokémon that can be entred. Currently Pokémon known Missing are Feebas line.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

How do you reformat? Is this Berry Clock the same clock that will allow for all timed events (Shoal Cave, Regice, etc.)?
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast