Thread: Previously on your quest…

Default Previously on your quest…

Whenever you continued your adventure in FRLG, a little “Previously on your quest” movie would be shown before resuming the game. This feature showed clips and descriptions of several things you did before your last save.

What did you all think of this feature? Did you like it or find it useful?

I usually just skip through it completely because I’m impatient and want to get straight to the game. But I do watch it occasionally for fun, and thought it was a neat little addition to the game overall.
    ~ * * ~

I thought it was redundant to be frank. I always skipped through it since I didn't need constant reminders of what I did in-game. I'm glad that the feature remained exclusive to FR/LG and didn't make its way into other games.

I think it was a neat feature.Maybe not that helpful,but still nice.It was definitely better than the Journal in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum.I especially liked it when the outcomes of important battles(such as the battles against the Elite Four)were played.I guess they introduced this feature because FireRed/LeafGreen had a bunch of tutorials in general(such as the Teachy TV),so it fits well.

Eh.I sorta liked it.Found it kinda annoying if you soft reset it.I preferred the Jouranl in D/P/PT because it's faster to go through.Plus,it gives you the chance to look far back,as the Previously on Your Quest only did about 5 things and that was it.

Can't control the hate you have learned.
    Quotev l Flight Rising l Character Claim l Game Claim

I found it a tiny bit annoying because it does:

'(Insert name here) bought Pokeballs at the Pokemart!' It was annoying (AS previously stated)... the DPPt journal didn't do that so...

A just revenge to cure misery
    |Flight RisingREG: May 18~Quotev|

I didn't really mind it. It was quite cool to see what I had done last time I played if I hadn't played the game in a long time. Though it sometimes focused on very unimportant things, or described things in a different way compared to how they actually happened, which I found weird. I didn't dislike this feature, but I don't miss it when I play other games in the series.

I'm not a pony who really has a whole lot to say
    And all I want to know is that everything's okay
    But some ponies have so many pieces and they're so hard to see
    That all I can do is try to watch until they come back to me

Quote Originally Posted by Phsy-Spark View Post
    I found it a tiny bit annoying because it does:

'(Insert name here) bought Pokeballs at the Pokemart!'
    Oh man, this is what I got when playing my FireRed today. All but one of the recent activities my game showed were of me doing really exciting things like buying items, selling items, and moving Pokemon around in the PC.

I find it amusing that the game thought those activities were worth putting in the "Previously..." roll over something like me catching Moltres.
    Poor Moltres ;_;
    Last edited by Aquarelle; 5th October 2014 at 7:47 AM.
    ~ * * ~

I usually skip through it, takes too long :P

Currently looking for a 6IV Pichu or Pikachu in a standard Pokeball with the egg move Volt Tackle, PM me and I'll provide what I can

I never really liked this feature much because after beating the game, completing the dex, ect. , there would be a point where it would just show my character standing in front of the PC "Previously on your quest, you withdrew this pokemon and deposited that pokemon" Meh x.X

Well I don't think it's useful but it's pretty interesting feature.
    3DS Friend Code: 1564-4474-4935

It is a cool feature, however most of the time (when not taking a long break from playing) I had a good memory and didn't need to be reminded. Ideally, a feature similar could be toggleable.

I really enjoyed that feature. It would help me remember what I was doing the last time I played if it had been a while since I played last. Being the busy person that I am, I often go long periods of time between plays.
    Currently Playing: Pokémon Y

It wasn't necessary or anything, but it's kind of fun to watch if I haven't played for some time, even though it's usually just battling the elite four.

I enjoyed the feature, but I found it was not utilized properly and could have been improved. Sometimes I might put a game down and not come back to it for weeks. When I start it up, I forget what I was doing, what my next goal was, or even what I was trying to accomplish, so I'll end up starting a new file. This on the other hand, helped remind me what the most recent thing I accomplished, so it gave me an idea of where I was going next. But like others have said, usually it would remind you of the trivial things but fail to mention some of the more significant. If it was improved upon, I'm sure more people would like being reminded of that epic showdown against your rival or that lucky capture of the local legendary.
    I'm typically inactive between Spring and Fall. I'll be on as often as time allows.

I have a mixed opinion towards it. Back when the games were newly released, I thought it was a complete waste of time. I would always skip that part (since I never had to watch it in its entirety). When I look back towards it, however, I find myself appreciating the concept of this feature. When an individual is unable to remember what had recently been done, it can help him or her to remember those recent events. The catch is that it (if I'm remembering correctly) only includes the more major happenings. Therefore, it won't be too helpful if there's an action that someone wants to find out about in relation to whether or not it had really occurred if it's more trivial in comparing with and contrasting against, for example, beating Sabrina. I have realized that it (overall) is a very helpful feature.
    I am slowly and gradually (but surely) changing for the better and believe that it will be reflected by my actions and decisions. Will I always succeed in decency and self-discipline? Most likely not. Am I perfect? Never; I am a human being and will therefore make errors. Will I try to live and act the proper way whilst being as close to perfect as humanly possible? Absolutely! I'm not as good as I should be, but I'm better than I once was.

Quote Originally Posted by spaulcam View Post
    I really enjoyed that feature. It would help me remember what I was doing the last time I played if it had been a while since I played last. Being the busy person that I am, I often go long periods of time between plays.
    While I can see how the feature was helpful for remembering things that we had done in the games, I just wasn't interested in getting a recap of my activities. It would've been cooler if we had a way to mix records with people we connected with in FR/LG and saw what they did on their games though imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinist Trainer View Post
    I enjoyed the feature, but I found it was not utilized properly and could have been improved. Sometimes I might put a game down and not come back to it for weeks. When I start it up, I forget what I was doing, what my next goal was, or even what I was trying to accomplish, so I'll end up starting a new file.

I would have to agree with you on this. I have just been recently replaying leaf green and I just remembered this game had that feature in it. I think it is useful if you have gone a long time without playing the game so it can kind of put you back on track from where you left off. So in this case it is really useful but if they should just have made it an option if you wanted to use it in game or not.

Signature by me|sig drawing by Latte3000

I enjoyed the feature, I just wish it was a little more efficient. A thing I'd love to see added would be a notes section in your gear to write down your own things you would like to remember the next time you kick on the game.

2001' Pokemon Crystal team. Johto is my favorite region of Pokemon

F.C. 5301 1327 4714