Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FRLG Help/FAQ Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Chatpads View Post
    I have already all of the EV guides, charts, etc. I just want personal opinions about this.

I just got my Aerodactyl (Lv. 5) and I want to make him pretty strong. I haven't beaten the elite four yet (on this new game) so most of my pokemon are 45-50. I want to EV train Aero in ATK and SPD but I don't know which pokemon give the best stats and have the highest encounter rate. What would you recommend I fight for atk/spd? Also is there something that can help me keep track of how many of that pokemon I've killed, etc.
    For Speed, go to Route 1. You can only find Pidgey and Rattata there, and they each give 1 Speed EV.
    For Attack, go to B1F of Mt. Moon (this part). The only Pokemon you find there is Paras, which gives 1 Attack EV.

Those Pokemon won't give the most experience since they're low leveled, but their high encounter rates are very helpful plus they're easy to defeat. I always use them when EV training in FRLG.

The best way to keep track of your EVs is to write them down as you get them IMO.
    Last edited by Aquarelle; 28th May 2012 at 6:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    For Speed, go to Route 1. You can only find Pidgey and Rattata there, and they each give 1 Speed EV.
    For Attack, go to B1F of Mt. Moon (this part). The only Pokemon you find there is Paras, which gives 1 Attack EV.

Those Pokemon won't give the most experience since they're low leveled, but their high encounter rates are very helpful plus they're easy to defeat. I always use them when EV training in FRLG.

The best way to keep track of your EVs is to write them down as you get them IMO.
    Would I be able to give my Aerodactyl an EXP. Share and it will still get the EV's or does it have to be in battle?

Would I be able to give my Aerodactyl an EXP. Share and it will still get the EV's or does it have to be in battle?
    If it has the Exp. Share, it will get EVs. It doesn't matter if it actually participates in the battle or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    If it has the Exp. Share, it will get EVs. It doesn't matter if it actually participates in the battle or not.
    Another question, since I haven't beaten the E4 yet and all my Pokemon are lvl 50-60, where should I train them?

Another question, since I haven't beaten the E4 yet and all my Pokemon are lvl 50-60, where should I train them?
    I usually train for the E4 on One and Three Islands, mainly on Kindle Road and Bond Bridge.
    If you haven't done the first three of the Sevii Islands yet, then you can still probably find decent trainers in Kanto to rematch. I would try using the VS Seeker on the later routes in the region.

If I was to capture some random pkmn in fire red, transfer it to a gen 4 game and then upload it to pokecheck would I be able to find out my secret id?

Also when can u trade between fire red and leaf green?

Quote Originally Posted by Johto_girl View Post
    Also when can u trade between fire red and leaf green?
    1) after defeating the Elite 4
    and
    2) catching/recording 60 Pokemon in the Pokedex.
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

Ok, so I have the ROM game for Fire Red...and I'm a little confused. How do I trade? It keeps saying my wireless adapter isn't properly connected, but that doesn't make sense; I'm on a computer. So, how do I fix this? Also, I have found a lot of websites that have codes for cheats and stuff, but none of the ones I enter seem to take affect? Is there some website with legit cheats/codes I can use? And also, how do I use them? I know how to enter them...it's the using part that is killing me. Any reply would be greatly appreciated just PM me.

I was wondering about training for the Elite Four. I've tried rematching trainers at One Island (that group of five on the path to Mt. Ember people mentioned) but the Pokemon are so underleveled there, that they really don't give much experience. The Wild Pokemon on Victory Road gave more XP, and I've even slowed with them. I don't know if my party has terribly slow growth rates or if I'm just too impatient for this level grinding stuff (which seems unlikely because I have no problem with it in the beginning of the game, nor did I ever have a problem with it in Blue).

My pokemon are all level 47, and their growth rate is at a crawl. I have the training weights (or whatever that item is called) that you get from Giovanni's gym after you beat him that's suppose to promote growth, and I've been using it with Exp. Share to train pokemon that would have trouble training against the local types. But it's a painfully slow process. Any suggestions?

Recent Activity: SoulSilver: Starting a brand-new game.
    Team:
    Legendaries:

Quote Originally Posted by spider095 View Post
    Ok, so I have the ROM game for Fire Red...and I'm a little confused. How do I trade? It keeps saying my wireless adapter isn't properly connected, but that doesn't make sense; I'm on a computer. So, how do I fix this? Also, I have found a lot of websites that have codes for cheats and stuff, but none of the ones I enter seem to take affect? Is there some website with legit cheats/codes I can use? And also, how do I use them? I know how to enter them...it's the using part that is killing me. Any reply would be greatly appreciated just PM me.
    First, We can't help you due to Serebii.net rules. You should really read the rules. I sent you a PM about this by the way.

There are no "↑↑↓↓←→←→BA"/Konami code in Pokémon that I'm aware of. I can say if the functionality is out there you need to look on sites that may help you with your emulator. Serebii.net is not such a place.

Quote Originally Posted by Herugrim View Post
    I was wondering about training for the Elite Four. I've tried rematching trainers at One Island (that group of five on the path to Mt. Ember people mentioned) but the Pokemon are so underleveled there, that they really don't give much experience. The Wild Pokemon on Victory Road gave more XP, and I've even slowed with them. I don't know if my party has terribly slow growth rates or if I'm just too impatient for this level grinding stuff (which seems unlikely because I have no problem with it in the beginning of the game, nor did I ever have a problem with it in Blue).

My pokemon are all level 47, and their growth rate is at a crawl. I have the training weights (or whatever that item is called) that you get from Giovanni's gym after you beat him that's suppose to promote growth, and I've been using it with Exp. Share to train pokemon that would have trouble training against the local types. But it's a painfully slow process. Any suggestions?
    On the Pokémon that has the Macho Brace equipped, gets double the amount EVs you get from each battle. EV which boost the stats of Pokémon, but not the level.

I have beaten the E4 with Pokémon at Lv 46 and above. Mind you I did have a Level 55 Pokémon, and I did plan my ahead and knew which Pokémon to bring out after when I got the chance. I did have a good coverage of attacks.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

I know what I'm doing, I've beaten the Elite Four before. Only in Blue pokemon growth was a good deal higher, they've slowed it down a lot since then. My highest level is 47, and it isn't good enough. I need at least level 55 pokemon on average to sweep the elite four so that I know I can handle my rival at the end. Guess I'll just work throug it. Thanks for the info on the belt, though.

Team:
    Legendaries:

Red face training tips needed for leaf green x

I play pokemon without overtraining any pokemon, so I need some tips for training which will help my pokemon keep up to date at the moment other than grinding. It seems the creators of pokemon didn't really include anything in the game for people who don't use their starter pokemon for the whole game.
    cheers
    x
    G
    a
    r
    y
    O
    a
    k
    I
    s
    T
    h
    e
    B
    e
    s
    t

Without knowing where you're at it's hard to say, but I've encountered a few tricks that can help out. Exp. Share can split any experience and EVs you earn in fight with the pokemon carrying it. Couple that with the Vs Seeker, you can rematch trainers you encounter outdoors for the extra experience they offer. Together you can get low level pokemon caught up rather easily. Aside from that, Generally the best way to level up is just to fight every single trainer you encounter, wild pokemon won't offer nearly as much XP, at least till you get to the end of the game.

Team:
    Legendaries:

Hey, just wondering if anyone had any sustainable methods of training pokemon around level 30, just need to get a few of my lower ones up for the next few gyms. cheers
    x
    G
    a
    r
    y
    O
    a
    k
    I
    s
    T
    h
    e
    B
    e
    s
    t

Hey, just wondering if anyone had any sustainable methods of training pokemon around level 30, just need to get a few of my lower ones up for the next few gyms. cheers
    x
    G
    a
    r
    y
    O
    a
    k
    I
    s
    T
    h
    e
    B
    e
    s
    t

Quote Originally Posted by joeyyz View Post
    x
    Kindle Road was good around level 35. Before that I think I was training in Seafoam Islands while collecting items and such.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

Anyone got tips on the best place to train a level 33 pidgeotto please?
    x
    G
    a
    r
    y
    O
    a
    k
    I
    s
    T
    h
    e
    B
    e
    s
    t

So I heard (or maybe even experienced the last time I played FR, but that was too long ago to be sure) that you can optionally battle your rival on Route 22 early in the game, so I went there, all to the entrance of Indigo Plateau, and of course back, but he didn't show up. Was I given the wrong information, or do I need to do something, like get a badge first? Is it too late to check it out now (I'm already at Pewter City, but I haven't yet challenged Brock)? If so, when was I supposed to come?
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

FireRed team:
    Cordelia Nida Rai Fang Cyclone Charlie

I might help nicknaming your Pokémon, PM me!

I don't like gen5.I'm not a nostalgic freak who can't accept new things;when gen2 came out,I didn't even notice it was new.When gen3 came out,I thought "new Pokémon already??"but I tried to learn as much as possible.When gen4 came out,I was like "Cool, but evolutions of older Pokémon look ugly.Which starter would I pick?"When all gen5 Pokémon were revealed,I was disappointed.
    Oh yeah; when gen 6 came out, I was disappointed too, but then it started to revive my faith in the future of pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by lovepika View Post
    So I heard (or maybe even experienced the last time I played FR, but that was too long ago to be sure) that you can optionally battle your rival on Route 22 early in the game, so I went there, all to the entrance of Indigo Plateau, and of course back, but he didn't show up. Was I given the wrong information, or do I need to do something, like get a badge first? Is it too late to check it out now (I'm already at Pewter City, but I haven't yet challenged Brock)? If so, when was I supposed to come?
    You should be able to do that battle now. Just go back to Route 22 and start walking towards the gate to Indigo Plateau again - your rival should appear and challenge you.

You might have been going there too early before. I think you need to get the Pokedex and *maybe* watch the Pokemon capturing tutorial first before he shows up. I also think that once you beat Brock, you can't do that rival battle. (I'm not 100% sure on the exact timing though, I've always done the optional rival fight after dealing with the old man in Viridian but before getting the first badge)

Oh, so that's what I need to do..

I went there again and this time he finally showed up. Also for future reference, it is possible to challenge him after getting the first badge, as I discovered today.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

FireRed team:
    Cordelia Nida Rai Fang Cyclone Charlie

I might help nicknaming your Pokémon, PM me!

I don't like gen5.I'm not a nostalgic freak who can't accept new things;when gen2 came out,I didn't even notice it was new.When gen3 came out,I thought "new Pokémon already??"but I tried to learn as much as possible.When gen4 came out,I was like "Cool, but evolutions of older Pokémon look ugly.Which starter would I pick?"When all gen5 Pokémon were revealed,I was disappointed.
    Oh yeah; when gen 6 came out, I was disappointed too, but then it started to revive my faith in the future of pokemon.

Hey,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put it, but I need technical help with my Leaf Green. I'm pretty sure my cart is 100% legit, but whenever I try to wake up the Route 8 Snorlax, when it says "Snorlax attacked in a grumpy rage!" The game play the first second of the battle intro song, and then freezes. If anyone knows a solution, that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: It turns out it's doing this with every wild battle. I really need help!
    Last edited by Fincap; 4th September 2012 at 10:36 AM.
    3DS Friend Code: 1564-2319-8537

I just have an inquery: what is the best Pokemon team to have if you begin with Charmander? Alos, what moveset is best for its evolved form, Charixard? Thanks for the help!!

Pokemon Black trainer info:
    Name: Robyn
    FC: 4684 7748 3156

In the beginning, you can use Mankey or Butterfree. Later you can add Vaporeon and Chansey.

I usually use this moveset for Charizard:
    Dragon Claw
    Flamethrower
    Earthquake
    Aerial Ace

X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

Don't know where else to post this, so here it goes. Does anybody know of any good tutorials as to how to rng abuse for shiny legendaries/starters on firered? I've looked at smogon's here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62357 But I'm still confused. I have RNG reporter, and have used it to get shiny eggs on pearl, but I want shiny charmander and mewtwo, and I might as well get all the others while I'm at it. I just don't want to try to SR for it, because I tried that on my leafrgreen for a week or two and gave up out of boredom.
    White friend code: 2494 3388 7234-Hiro

Shinies: (MM-first egg!)
    RNG shinies:
    Event Shinies:
    DW Females:
    DW Males/Genderless:

I don't like acronyms. They confuse me.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast