Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FRLG Help/FAQ Discussion Thread

I'm not sure so I am asking this.Can we trade Pokemon from LeafGreen to Emerald and have them learn Move Tutor moves and trade them back.I'm not particularly sure because LeafGreen came out before Emerald,so changes in it might not me made in LeafGreen.
        Spoiler:- Completed and Current Playthroughs:

Quote Originally Posted by amittal12 View Post
    I'm not sure so I am asking this.Can we trade Pokemon from LeafGreen to Emerald and have them learn Move Tutor moves and trade them back.I'm not particularly sure because LeafGreen came out before Emerald,so changes in it might not me made in LeafGreen.
    You can trade between Emerald and Leaf Green, but I believe you need to defeat the E4 first in Emerald and complete a quest for... Celio? in Leaf Green.
    And, of course, you need a trade cable for that generation
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    You can trade between Emerald and Leaf Green, but I believe you need to defeat the E4 first in Emerald and complete a quest for... Celio? in Leaf Green.
    And, of course, you need a trade cable for that generation
    My main question was basically 'Can LeafGreen Pokemon learn move tutor moves in Emerald and can we trade them back.'
        Spoiler:- Completed and Current Playthroughs:

Quote Originally Posted by amittal12 View Post
    My main question was basically 'Can LeafGreen Pokemon learn move tutor moves in Emerald and can we trade them back.'
    then the answer is "yes" =)

on pokemon fire red how come on the pokeearth guide thing it says that the person is sapose to get stroger pokemon but i have rematched this one guy a feww times and his pokemon havent got any stonger so i was wondering how many times it took for him to get stronger?

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn5943 View Post
    on pokemon fire red how come on the pokeearth guide thing it says that the person is sapose to get stroger pokemon but i have rematched this one guy a feww times and his pokemon havent got any stonger so i was wondering how many times it took for him to get stronger?
    have you beat all the gym leaders / E4? that might be the trigger to make them stronger

Do you need to solve the crap on the Sevii Islands [get the ruby and sapphire] before the 3 legendary dogs start wandering Kanto? I thought you only needed to get the National Dex and beat the Elite 4, but I used about 50 Max Repels doing the most common method and I didn't find it. Over an hour and a half. Then once I took a break and finished all the stuff on the islands, I went back to trying to find Entei and found him relatively fast. Was this bad luck or is there a correlation?

Quote Originally Posted by LimeSoda View Post
    Do you need to solve the crap on the Sevii Islands [get the ruby and sapphire] before the 3 legendary dogs start wandering Kanto? I thought you only needed to get the National Dex and beat the Elite 4, but I used about 50 Max Repels doing the most common method and I didn't find it. Over an hour and a half. Then once I took a break and finished all the stuff on the islands, I went back to trying to find Entei and found him relatively fast. Was this bad luck or is there a correlation?
    I'm pretty sure you just need to beat the E4/ get t he nat dex, so probably just bad luck

Where do I go to take a picture of my Pokemon to get them on my trainer card? Thanks.

I'm pretty sure the machine is in the Celadon Game Corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    I'm pretty sure you just need to beat the E4/ get t he nat dex, so probably just bad luck
    You need to beat the game and have 60 or more Pokemon registered in the Kanto Dex for the National Dex.
    Last edited by Jb; 30th December 2012 at 9:01 PM.

Thanks.

Problem solved
    Last edited by LimeSoda; 19th January 2013 at 3:56 PM.

Default Pokemon FireRed Team

Trying to decide on a team...
    I know I want Charizard, Gyarados, Dragonite, and Snorlax.
    I;m undecided on the last two spots... I was thinking of Aerodactyl, but you get him too late in the game for him to be much use. I was also thinking about Blissey, but my friend couldn't evolve his Chansey for some weird reason. I think it has to do with him not having the National Dex. No Legendaries.
    FC: 4468-2026-1764

Credit to GameMaster10.

Yeah you need the national dex to get Blissey and other kanto pokes that have evolutions in johto.

Since all of your pokes are/could be physical attackers I would get a strong special attacker like Alakazam, Mr. Mime if you don't want to use too popular of pokes, jolteon, Pikachu w/Lightball [if you have Emerald], Electabuzz.

Well Teach Charizard dragon claw and you can walk through the elite 4 also have an Electric, Fighting and water type pokes
    These two songs describe me well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58QOBqAWNzE (Top Gun- Danger zone)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osuhlptx0J8 (Rascal Flatts- Life is a Highway)

Can't trade, so no Gengar, Alakazam, or Scizor.
    FC: 4468-2026-1764

Credit to GameMaster10.

Golduck or Slowbro, depending on the exclusives are good choices then.

If the part water type annoys you, having 3 pokes weak to electric, then Mr. Mime would be a good addition that's UU.

How do you get through the Lost Cave (I think it's called)
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail View Post
    How do you get through the Lost Cave (I think it's called)
    Here's a quick quide:

Quote Originally Posted by MagmaMan on PKMN.net
    From the start, take the right hand cave
    In the second cave, take the bottom cave to get to a Lax Incense. BE WARNED – IF YOU GET THE ITEM START FROM STEP 1.
    Go back up out of this cave with the item, and back to the cave mentioned in step 2, and go up again.
    Once in this cave, go back down and you will appear in a new cave
    Go up to reach a cave with a Sea Incense. BE WARNED – IF YOU GET THE ITEM START FROM STEP 1.
    Come out of this cave, and head downwards again
    Take the right hand cave and do this again to get to a Max Revive. BE WARNED – IF YOU GET THE ITEM START FROM STEP 1
    Go left, and then left again
    Head through the downwards cave
    Go through the left hand cave for a Rare Candy. BE WARNED – IF YOU GET THE ITEM START FROM STEP 1.
    Go back to the right, and then go right again
    Head upwards and you will meet Selphy. If you wish to get a silk scarf, after you have battled her and gone back to her house, start from step 1.

I was lucky enough to get the AuroraTicket downloaded to my LeafGreen cartridge and visit Birth Island to catch Deoxys.

If I were to start a New Game, would the man in green who gave me the AuroraTicket reappear after I complete the main storyline?

Is it really possible to get Espeon and Umbreon? I checked on Google and some sources said that you can only get it from trading, but some others said that you can get an Espeon or Umbreon without trading as well, except that you can't predict whether it will evolve into one or the other.
    Technically I could try this by raising my Eevee for a long while, but I want her to evolve at level 30 because of the moves, and she's level 29 now so...

And if I can get an Espeon or Umbreon, how do I know when she has enough friendship that she would evolve at the next level? Now when I give her an item, she gets pretty close to the screen, but I don't know if it's enough.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

FireRed team:
    Cordelia Nida Rai Fang Cyclone Charlie

I might help nicknaming your Pokémon, PM me!

I don't like gen5.I'm not a nostalgic freak who can't accept new things;when gen2 came out,I didn't even notice it was new.When gen3 came out,I thought "new Pokémon already??"but I tried to learn as much as possible.When gen4 came out,I was like "Cool, but evolutions of older Pokémon look ugly.Which starter would I pick?"When all gen5 Pokémon were revealed,I was disappointed.
    Oh yeah; when gen 6 came out, I was disappointed too, but then it started to revive my faith in the future of pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by lovepika View Post
    Is it really possible to get Espeon and Umbreon? I checked on Google and some sources said that you can only get it from trading, but some others said that you can get an Espeon or Umbreon without trading as well, except that you can't predict whether it will evolve into one or the other.
    Technically I could try this by raising my Eevee for a long while, but I want her to evolve at level 30 because of the moves, and she's level 29 now so...

And if I can get an Espeon or Umbreon, how do I know when she has enough friendship that she would evolve at the next level? Now when I give her an item, she gets pretty close to the screen, but I don't know if it's enough.
    It is impossible for Eevee to evolve into Espeon or Umbreon in FireRed/LeafGreen because the games lack the time function.

You can only get Espeon/Umbreon on FRLG by trading:
    -trade the starter Espeon and Umbreon over from Colosseum
    -evolve the starter Eevee on XD into either Espeon or Umbreon, then trade
    -trade Eevee to RSE, evolve, then trade back
    Last edited by Aquarelle; 29th May 2013 at 10:47 AM.

Default Attacks are not appearing. Need help.

Haven't played my fire red in awhile and once I played, I noticed when I use a move, the scenario of the actual attack ( such as a huge wave when using surf ) does not appear. The pokemon will of course take the damage but there is no visual attack. Can this be fixed? I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the battery. I know I've fixed a few games with the save issue by getting a new battery, but I've never came across this issue before.

Go to Option and set Battle Scene to "on."

Default A few questions about numbers.

Hello, longtime lurker in these forums and longtime pokemon fan, since the first games.

I decided to play Pokemon again after a few years, and I bought FireRed and LeafGreen on my old GBA. I am aware of the changes and everything compared to the old classics, but I would like to ask a few questions that I haven't found the answers to, yet, by searching in these forums.

1) Do stacked damage modifiers apply to the base damage, or to the already modified damage?

For example, according to bulbapedia, my Tentacruel gets STAB damage with Surf, meaning that its power goes from 95 to 95 x 1.5 = 142.5 power. Now, if I equip Mystic Water, will the x1.2 damage apply to that 142.5 power, equalling 142.5 x 1.2 = 171 power, which gets doubled if it's super effective?

2) Also, I am thinking of doing a rather... odd playthrough.

The main rule of that would be to only use STAB moves, and preferably to try and be type advantageous on every single pokemon, in every single battle in the game. Another rule to keep in mind, would be that if a Pokemon is dual type, I will have to choose 2 moves from each of its type (ie. Pidgey would have to have 2 Flying and 2 Normal moves). Last but not least, since Normal moves are never super effective against anyone, they can only be stat changing moves. Other restrictions are welcome. So, the question is: Do you have any suggestions on a good team/moveset for that challenge?

Thanks a lot in advance.
    Last edited by JamesCivFan; 1st June 2013 at 7:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesCivFan View Post
    Hello, longtime lurker in these forums and longtime pokemon fan, since the first games.

I decided to play Pokemon again after a few years, and I bought FireRed and LeafGreen on my old GBA. I am aware of the changes and everything compared to the old classics, but I would like to ask a few questions that I haven't found the answers to, yet, by searching in these forums.

1) Do stacked damage modifiers apply to the base damage, or to the already modified damage?

For example, according to bulbapedia, my Tentacruel gets STAB damage with Surf, meaning that its power goes from 95 to 95 x 1.5 = 142.5 power. Now, if I equip Mystic Water, will the x1.2 damage apply to that 142.5 power, equalling 142.5 x 1.2 = 171 power, which gets doubled if it's super effective?
    I think that this is right.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesCivFan View Post
    2) Also, I am thinking of doing a rather... odd playthrough.

The main rule of that would be to only use STAB moves, and preferably to try and be type advantageous on every single pokemon, in every single battle in the game. Another rule to keep in mind, would be that if a Pokemon is dual type, I will have to choose 2 moves from each of its type (ie. Pidgey would have to have 2 Flying and 2 Normal moves). Last but not least, since Normal moves are never super effective against anyone, they can only be stat changing moves. Other restrictions are welcome. So, the question is: Do you have any suggestions on a good team/moveset for that challenge?

Thanks a lot in advance.
    Only "attacking" moves get STAB. "Status" moves will never "STAB", as most of them don't do any direct damage.

Leach Seed is a "status" move, as the attack itself inflicts a status on the opponent. Dragon Rage is considered a Status move given how it works, it does 40HP damage every time: http://www.serebii.net/attackdex/dragonrage.shtml

During the Early game you can get Pokémon that won't ever learn a move that will STAB. Bulbasaur won't move move that STABS until level 10. Magikarp never learns a move that STABs.

One final thing, There are two move that will change Pokémon type, which types you will get STAB will change when it happens. Staryu's Camouflage, Porgyon's Conversion and Conversion 2 are the Kanto Pokemon's that can change their type. There are Two Hoenn Pokémon affect Types and stab: Kecleon's Ability changes own type, while Skitty and Delcatty can an ability to allow all it's attacks to be the normal type, even if the move is normally not.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast