Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: FRLG Help/FAQ Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    If you were looking to pass Dragon Rage, both parents would need to know it. Level up moves need to be known by BOTH parents, Egg Moves and TM/HMs only need to be known by the father.
    Oooh, so that's how it actually works. Thanks!

Also, is there any helpful/thorough article regarding breeding pokimanz?

Default Who was the champion before Blue?

I was just watching Pokemon Origins, and I just wondered... Who was the champion of the Kanto league before Blue? I mean, the way they make it sound, Blue defeated the champion literally moments before Red entered the room. So who was it, and where did he or she disappear to so fast?
    Your TC was over 40000 pixels, so your entire signature was erased this time. Read the signature rules.

In the Games, Lance says that he was the Champ, until Gary/Blue beat him only a few moments before.

Here's his lines from Red/Blue after you beat him.
    "I still can’t believe my dragons lost to you, <player>! You’re now the Pokémon League champion! …Or, you would have been, but you have one more challenge ahead. You have to face another trainer! His name is… <rival>! He beat the Elite Four before you. He is the real Pokémon League champion!"
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Yeah, the Elite Four is supposed to be a test versus 4 trainers. With the last one being the champion I believe.

Default Pokemon locations and exclusives

Are all the Pokemon in the same place in FR/LG and still have the same version exclusives? I'm only talking about the original 150 here so not Johto or Hoenn Pokemon.

Thanks!

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

How do I get my Pokemon to obey me? I've got 1 badge, in Cereleun City. Wartortle is at level 23, Pikachu level 18.

Quote Originally Posted by CharizardFan09 View Post
    How do I get my Pokemon to obey me? I've got 1 badge, in Cereleun City. Wartortle is at level 23, Pikachu level 18.
    Win the Cascade Badge which makes Pokemon up to Lv. 30 obey you.

In the old Red/ Green games we used to buy some drinks in order to pass through a security guards to go to Yamabuki City, but now they changed to asking an old lady to get a tea instead. Does anyone know why is the reason for changing that? I did not realise when I play FRLG for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by zhixun View Post
    In the old Red/ Green games we used to buy some drinks in order to pass through a security guards to go to Yamabuki City, but now they changed to asking an old lady to get a tea instead. Does anyone know why is the reason for changing that? I did not realise when I play FRLG for the first time.
    You can Trade items between games in FRLG, but you couldn't do in RGBY as held items didn't "exist." (Actually, it was possible but only with Pokémon Stadium 2/GS, using the "colour" item boxes in the N64 game.)

They didn't you to take the long route around to before you can enter the city, as you're Forced to do in the Original games.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

Can Pokemon on FR/LG be traded into R/S/E and vice-versa?

Quote Originally Posted by JigglyKirby View Post
    Can Pokemon on FR/LG be traded into R/S/E and vice-versa?
    Yes they can.
    Just note that FRLG cannot trade with RSE until you finish the Ruby/Sapphire sidequest on the Sevii Islands.
    Also, IIRC you need the National Dex on Emerald if you're trading between that version and FRLG (RS does not have such a restriction).
    Last edited by Aquarelle; 1st June 2014 at 7:02 AM.

Hey, I've heard that in FR/LG/E, you can alternatively obtain the Mystic/Aurora Ticket by mixing records with someone who has one/both of the tickets. Is that at all true?
    Y FC: 2208-5773-1491
    Safari: Flying with Woobat, Farfetch'd and Hawlucha

I now have the Friend Safaris I've been looking for, so PM me if you want me to add you. If your Safari peaks my interest, I'll add you.

Current Y Shinies: Skrelp, Cacturne, Teddiursa, Avalugg, Blastoise, Mienfoo, Grumpig, Fraxure (x2) , Minccino, Greninja, Lucario, Fletchinder, Vaporeon, Delphox, Dragonair, Dedenne, Luxio

Shinies transferred from Black 2: Entei, Milotic, Dialga, Raikou, Pichu, Seaking, Typhlosion (French), Magmortar, Espeon, Haxorus, Gible, Salamence, Giratina

Shinies from trades: Ninetails (Nicknamed Lady), Eevee (now a Leafeon), Eevee (from Unova, Lv. 15, caught in Masterball, not sure if hacked or not)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreaterLucario View Post
    Hey, I've heard that in FR/LG/E, you can alternatively obtain the Mystic/Aurora Ticket by mixing records with someone who has one/both of the tickets. Is that at all true?
    That only works for the Eon Ticket in Emerald by mixing records with R/S.

Ohh, OK. Darn.
    Y FC: 2208-5773-1491
    Safari: Flying with Woobat, Farfetch'd and Hawlucha

I now have the Friend Safaris I've been looking for, so PM me if you want me to add you. If your Safari peaks my interest, I'll add you.

Current Y Shinies: Skrelp, Cacturne, Teddiursa, Avalugg, Blastoise, Mienfoo, Grumpig, Fraxure (x2) , Minccino, Greninja, Lucario, Fletchinder, Vaporeon, Delphox, Dragonair, Dedenne, Luxio

Shinies transferred from Black 2: Entei, Milotic, Dialga, Raikou, Pichu, Seaking, Typhlosion (French), Magmortar, Espeon, Haxorus, Gible, Salamence, Giratina

Shinies from trades: Ninetails (Nicknamed Lady), Eevee (now a Leafeon), Eevee (from Unova, Lv. 15, caught in Masterball, not sure if hacked or not)

I tried to collect all the TM available in FRLG but I was having a problem for getting TM10 Mezameru Pawaa. I know it is through via an ability but which Pokémon should I fight in order to get one?

I tried to collect all the TM available in FRLG but I was having a problem for getting TM10 Mezameru Pawaa. I know it is through via an ability but which Pokémon should I fight in order to get one?
    TM10 - Hidden Power is only found Via Ability Pickup, with a 5% chance that when a item found will be TM10. It can be purchased in Ruby, Sapphire or Emerald.

The following Pokémon may be found with the Ability pickup, this list includes Pokémon not found in LGFR without trading or cheating:

Meowth
    Aipom
    Teddiursa
    Phanpy
    Zigzagsoon
    Linoone:

To get items from these Pokémon, you must have them in your party while you battle, and not holding an item.

Pickup is called ものひろい Monohiroi in Japanese.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    TM10 - Hidden Power is only found Via Ability Pickup, with a 5% chance that when a item found will be TM10. It can be purchased in Ruby, Sapphire or Emerald.

The following Pokémon may be found with the Ability pickup, this list includes Pokémon not found in LGFR without trading or cheating:

Meowth
    Aipom
    Teddiursa
    Phanpy
    Zigzagsoon
    Linoone:

To get items from these Pokémon, you must have them in your party while you battle, and not holding an item.

Pickup is called ものひろい Monohiroi in Japanese.
    Thank you for the advice and now I got a Nyarth with Monohiroi. Which Pokémon should Nyrath battle with in order to get an item?

Thank you for the advice and now I got a Nyarth with Monohiroi. Which Pokémon should Nyrath battle with in order to get an item?
    It doesn't matter, since the Ability activates after battle, wild or Trainer. Just make sure the Pokemon isn't holding an item. It doesn't even need to be Meowth who's doing the battling; you can have him sit at the back of your team and let other Pokemon fight. Just make sure to check after every single battle.

Any, going against Wild Pokémon on the Early routes just mean you can keep battling longer before needing to return to the Pokémon Centre.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

I remember there being a trick to getting your Legendary Beast to appear easier. I believe it had to do with gatehouses. Or am I just crazy?
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3282-3535-2249

Friend Safari: Pansage, Petilil, Gogoat

As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightlingbolt View Post
    I remember there being a trick to getting your Legendary Beast to appear easier. I believe it had to do with gatehouses. Or am I just crazy?
    Use your bike, rapidly move around to see if you lag, if you don't - enter new route/location/gatehouse, repeat(?)
    SO MANY SHINIES IN 6th GEN

I do remember a bit of lag as I biked around. That really means the Beast is in the area?

There's no way it's that simple.
    Last edited by Nightlingbolt; 4th July 2014 at 1:12 AM.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3282-3535-2249

Friend Safari: Pansage, Petilil, Gogoat

As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightlingbolt View Post
    I do remember a bit of lag as I biked around. That really means the Beast is in the area?

There's no way it's that simple.
    I've been playing too many pokemon games recently so I can't remember which game felt a little more laggy when I was biking, but it should have had nothing to do with the dogs as I wasn't messing around in FRLG. Might had something to do with the Lati's, but I thought the lag was typical and wasn't significant enough.

ANYwho, are you casually biking or tweaking in a way? If you'd move around pressing random buttons rapidly, and you get a heavier lagspike than usual, than the beast is there. I was able to see Suicune that way.

I'd LOVE to find the video that taught me that, no luck so far. >.>
    SO MANY SHINIES IN 6th GEN

When I try to link-trade with Emerald & FR/LG, I get a link error saying 'We're not set up to trade with someone too far away yet' on Emerald.
    Do I need to meet certain requirements e.g. badges?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast