66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wes

54 81.82%
  • Michael

12 18.18%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wes, or Michael?

Default Wes, or Michael?

I don't know if there is already a thread like this, but, oh well...

Which one do you prefer? Wes from Pokemon Colosseum, or Michael from Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness?

Spoiler:- Credits:

Wes the whole way but XD Gale of Darkness is the better game

"What does it mean when you promise someone?
    That no matter how hard or whatever may come?
    It means that I won't give in
    Won't give in, won't give in
    'Cause everyone I love is here
    Play it once, disappear"

Quote Originally Posted by HeroicRein View Post
    Wes the whole way but XD Gale of Darkness is the better game
    Funny, I feel the exact same way as you...

Wes looked a little dark and brutal. I suppose you'd get that from an ex-Snagem member. I liked Michael more, he seemed like me, just a kid (even though I'm 19, a kid at heart haha). Plus I enjoyed XD more than Colosseum.

I prefer Wes personally. He really fits the snagger role, and the darkness in Orre.

Thanks to Astral Shadow for the button!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Sabreus View Post
    Wes looked a little dark and brutal. I suppose you'd get that from an ex-Snagem member. I liked Michael more, he seemed like me, just a kid (even though I'm 19, a kid at heart haha). Plus I enjoyed XD more than Colosseum.
    I liked the plot of XD more then Colosseum, but Colosseum was a funner game. In what other Pokemon game do you play as an Ex-Villian? That was a fun twist to pokemon. And the fact you start with 2 starters, the awesome Umbreon and Espeon IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalFugitive View Post
    I liked the plot of XD more then Colosseum, but Colosseum was a funner game. In what other Pokemon game do you play as an Ex-Villian? That was a fun twist to pokemon. And the fact you start with 2 starters, the awesome Umbreon and Espeon IMO.
    I like XD's story more too. I also liked the additional post-game activities, and the fact that the Pokémon you snagged weren't just Pokédex fillers: they had special moves. Maybe I would have liked Colosseum more if there was a Littleton backstory into Wes' role as a Snagem member.

Michael for sure, Wes dosen't look like a Pokémon character.
    3DS Friend Code: 5069-4585-1055
    SV: 1845
    Flying-type (Tropius, Farfetch'd and Swanna)

Wes looked soooo awesome. I want to look like that when I grow up! xD jk
    Current Shiny Team!- -T -M

3DS FC: 0404-6363-5754 Pikachu, Electrode, and Manectrike. PM me if you add me so I can add you

Thanks to Equal-to-Heaven for the banner, FairyWitch for the profile pic, and A Wild Mew for the sprite!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

For some reason I just can't take Michael seriously. You know what's strange though? For the longest time I thought Michael was Rui and Wes's son. lol

Quote Originally Posted by HEB View Post
    Michael for sure, Wes dosen't look like a Pokémon character.
    Well, I don't think either of them do because of the fact they had robotic arms...

Quote Originally Posted by mjunior3 View Post
    Wes looked soooo awesome. I want to look like that when I grow up! xD jk
    Why kid? He looked awesome, I wanna look awesome... But I wouldn't have liked Michael that much if he didn't have that robotic arm of his with the amazing features it had

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Of Twilight View Post
    For some reason I just can't take Michael seriously. You know what's strange though? For the longest time I thought Michael was Rui and Wes's son. lol
    Well... That's an interesting thought...

Wes by far.

1. He was a former thief...... and still was.
    2. He looks old! Is that gray hair I see? Gray hair is awesome! (As long as it is dark gray and not closer to white.)
    3. His awesome motorcycle!
    4. Girls follow him for a reason.
    3DS Friend Code: 4012-4489-0237

My Friend Safari: Ground with Sandshrew (Slot 1), Camerupt (Slot 2), and Diggersby (Slot 3).

Wes by far. We have had so many characters in the main series exactly like Micheal. Wes had an actual background, and was more than just the same happy go lucky trainer who just happens to be extremely talented. Wes was an ex-criminal, and is shown to be pretty ballsy throughout the game.

Though I will admit that I prefer Micheal's design.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ Why Alder is my favorite champion.

Like almost everyone else here, I prefer Wes. It was cool to be able to play as an adult in a game for once, instead of a kid. Made the game feel a bit more mature for me. I also think Wes has a really great design, one of the best when it comes to male playable characters.

This feeling is taking me over, this feeling that I can't deny
    Because through all the pain and the crippling loss, it's so good to know I'm alive

I won't give in to the sorrow, I will not rest till I've won
    I'll make a brighter tomorrow and I'll leave you the world when I'm done
    Pokécheck

I liked Wes. If only for the longcoat and that epic introduction where he blows the villains' base up twice.

Wes all the way, his epic look was enough for me to choose him. Not to mention all the other things that made him even more amazing.
    Made by me, if you want one then PM or something.

I wish Wes would've appeared in XD though...

I felt like Wes was very stiff in his movements whereas Michael moved more naturally, that's why I chose Michael.
    HeartGold Wedlocke
        Spoiler:- Current Party:

Quote Originally Posted by garretslarrity View Post
    Wes by far.

1. He was a former thief...... and still was.
    2. He looks old! Is that gray hair I see? Gray hair is awesome! (As long as it is dark gray and not closer to white.)
    3. His awesome motorcycle!
    4. Girls follow him for a reason.
    Yeah, Michael is a forever alone with his little mechanical eye thing that served as a companion. That, and the scooter was a terrible replacement for a floaty, anti-gravity bike thing.
    Opinions are intrinsically biased. Just thought people should know.

Now this one's so easy it almost seems unfair to poor Mike!

Wes is probably the oldest Pokemon game protagonist we've ever had. He's a former bad guy. He was respected and somewhat feared by his old team members. His alignment is nearly chaotic good - he's all about vigilante justice, saving Pokemon by literally stealing them away from their trainers. Yet he's also one of the few truly good people in Orre at the time. He broke the mold in so many great ways, and unfortunately his shoes were just too great for Michael to ever hope to fill.

But that's just my opinion.

~Psychic

Don't wake the Meowstic
    source

| LiveJournal | DeviantArt |

I went with Michael because the poor guy needed some more votes and I think he's adorable.

However, I like both characters and I don't really have a strong preference for one over the other.

Based on looks, Michael. I'm don't like a lot of these "badass" characters that Wes was. My definition of "badass" is different than everyone elses... (If anything, Mike is more badass because he was an ordinary kid with an Eevee that ended up saving Orre.)

Honestly though, I don't care for either of them. They didn't talk, so I don't have much of a personality to go off of... ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Of Twilight View Post
    I prefer Wes personally. He really fits the snagger role, and the darkness in Orre.
    What personality?
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 28th August 2013 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Guy View Post

What personality?
    It's true; Wes and Micheal didn't really have a personality themselves. However, with a lot of silent main characters, isn't that the point? Its up to the player's imagination and experience to make them come alive, as it's been with all the pokemon games so far. Plus, when I was talking about Wes, I meant that his appearance and past really fits in the Orre region. Former bad guy, a snagger, oldest playable character to date...that's what I was talking about. As you go through Colosseum, your time playing really can give you an idea of what he'd be like if he could talk.

However, that's just my opinion.

Definitely have to go with Wes (horrible name though-good thing it can be changed). I think he is by far the best main character we've had in any Pokemon game (including games like Ranger or Trozei). XD was the better game though.
    My current special teams-
    Firered: Monotype Grass team- Bulbasaur; 1 badge
    Ruby: Monotype Ground Team- Marshtomp, Nincada; 1 badge
    PS replays that amuse me-
    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ge...ubles-69547279 (Dragon team self-destructs)
    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-79467255 (Sableye wrecks Mewtwo, Giratina, and Arceus)
    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-88370884 (Shaymin-Sky almost haxes a win)

Eh. Michael is boring and looks really shrimpy in comparison to every single Pokemon character ever, while Wes has an interesting setup as being a former thief, so I would normally go for Wes. Unfortunately, Wes looks really silly. He almost seems like a fanfic character with his giant motorcycle, girl follower, Espeon and Umbreon (SO MUCH COOLER HE HAS BOTH!) and ridiculous design. Spikey hair, giant sunglasses, blue trench coat, and what on Earth is that white stripe under his eyes?

So I guess Wes, but both of them aren't my faves. Also, agreed with the people here that XD: Gale of Darkness>Colosseum.
    Last edited by Toxicity; 13th September 2013 at 7:38 AM.
    [IMG]http://oi40.*******.com/24673g8.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks to Astral Shadow and Equal-To-Heaven for the signature assets.
    [IMG]http://oi40.*******.com/aayd7r.jpg[/IMG]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast