Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Colosseum/XD Help/FAQ Discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Seth pkmn View Post
    Isn't bonsly 4th gen?
    Yes, but there is a Bonsly that appears in XD. There's a Munchlax in the game, too.

I beat the Deep King in the Deep Colosseum, but I never got the message about Shadow Togetic. I thought that i had to catch the rest of the shadow pokemon first, so I did, but i still didnt get a message. So I beat the Deep Colosseum 1 more time with Miror B. as the final person to face, but i still didnt get a message. What do i do? I've beaten Colosseum before, so I dont know why i'm not getting the message about Shadow Togetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    I beat the Deep King in the Deep Colosseum, but I never got the message about Shadow Togetic. I thought that i had to catch the rest of the shadow pokemon first, so I did, but i still didnt get a message. So I beat the Deep Colosseum 1 more time with Miror B. as the final person to face, but i still didnt get a message. What do i do? I've beaten Colosseum before, so I dont know why i'm not getting the message about Shadow Togetic.
    Hmm...Have you gone to the children's network already? It sounds like it based on what you said, but I just wanted to be sure. Also, have you picked up the steel teeth by the entrance of the deep colosseum and given it to the old man standing in front of the UFO controller by the pokemon center? He'll give you the UFO L disk and you'll be able to get some items. After that...I'd recommend leaving the under for a bit, go to a few towns, and wait until you get the message.

Thanks to Astral Shadow for the button!

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Of Twilight View Post
    Hmm...Have you gone to the children's network already? It sounds like it based on what you said, but I just wanted to be sure. Also, have you picked up the steel teeth by the entrance of the deep colosseum and given it to the old man standing in front of the UFO controller by the pokemon center? He'll give you the UFO L disk and you'll be able to get some items. After that...I'd recommend leaving the under for a bit, go to a few towns, and wait until you get the message.
    I've talked to the KIDs GRID already, but no message. I got the steel teeth and talked to the old guy, who gave me the L Disk. Using that, I got the Amulet Coin. Maybe I have to beat Deep King again?

Did you talk with Dash the jogger in Phenac City already? He's the guy running around the fountain.
    Gen1 Pokedex: 151/151
    Gen2 Pokedex: 251/251
    Gen3 Pokedex: 386/386
    Gen4 Pokedex: 493/493
    Gen5 Pokedex: 649/649

Hotmontop or Heracross? Heracross is in the last place of the game, while hitmontop is already here and kicking butt.
    Currently playing: Pokemon Ruby Team! (Broken internal battery :C)

Most recent shiny-

Quote Originally Posted by Maetch View Post
    Did you talk with Dash the jogger in Phenac City already? He's the guy running around the fountain.
    Yeah, I did. He just said that Wes and Rui were a cute couple.

Hmm. The only thing I can think of is make sure you do have all the shadow pokemon and keep moving around from region to region.

Yeah, I did. He just said that Wes and Rui were a cute couple.
    Just as a heads up, you need a Japanese E-Card for shadow togepi

Most recent shiny-

If I remember correctly, I believe you also have to purify all of the other Shadow Pokémon in order to get Fein to appear with the Togetic.
    4768-7442-5469
    Friend Safari

If you want my Friend Safari, please send me a PM so I can add you.

Quote Originally Posted by Darak View Post
    If I remember correctly, I believe you also have to purify all of the other Shadow Pokémon in order to get Fein to appear with the Togetic.
    That's not how it was for me. All I had to do was catch all the other shadow pokemon. I haven't managed to purify them all yet, but I still was able to battle Fein...

Im from Australia, and looking to buy a Celebi Bonus Disks from EBay. So, can I get clarification on the process I have to follow in order to achieve the transfer of Celebi. As I understand, this is the process:
    -Buy Celebi Disk
    -Buy Japanese Gamecube, and Japanese Colleseum game
    -Complete Japanese Colleseum
    -Buy Japanese GBA pokemon game, and link to colleseum.
    -Download Celebi to Japanese GBA game.
    -Link with English GBA pokemon game, and trade.

Is this correct? Its alot of money and effort if im wrong....... Thanks guys!
    You only get out of something what you put into it.

21 R/E Shinies seen; Zigzagoon,Sableye/Mawile/Geodude,Caterpie/Poliwag/Meowth,Beautifly/Mareep/NidoranM/Woobat/Zigzagoon(Recaptured!)/Marill(B2)/Magnemite(W2)/Golbat/X- Clauncher, Skiddo, Camerupt, Swalot, Woobat/Y- Geodude(Reclaimed!)
    19 Successfully Caught;
    Clauncher, Skiddo

X Version:
    Trade-
    MM- (48 Eggs!)

PokeRadar Shinies;
    Diamond:(2)/(2)//

I dont think you need the japanese GBA and GCN

Most recent shiny-

A friend of mine (who I know knows his stuff on it) says that the GBA need not be Japanese but the GCN would have to be from Japan.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

Other Fics
    Unfortunately Blue | Notice: Keep Out | Turnabout Assumptions
    Song Parodies | Snapshots | Fairy Tale (new!)

Check out this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut? Check the forums too!
    Current article: From RSE to ORAS - Top Ten Wanted Improvements!
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Though, Colloseum and the GBA "game" would still need to be need to be from Japan? Thankyou greatly guys!
    Last edited by Blue_Ringed_Umbreon; 8th July 2012 at 6:58 PM.
    You only get out of something what you put into it.

21 R/E Shinies seen; Zigzagoon,Sableye/Mawile/Geodude,Caterpie/Poliwag/Meowth,Beautifly/Mareep/NidoranM/Woobat/Zigzagoon(Recaptured!)/Marill(B2)/Magnemite(W2)/Golbat/X- Clauncher, Skiddo, Camerupt, Swalot, Woobat/Y- Geodude(Reclaimed!)
    19 Successfully Caught;
    Clauncher, Skiddo

X Version:
    Trade-
    MM- (48 Eggs!)

PokeRadar Shinies;
    Diamond:(2)/(2)//

Can you use Pokemon Colloseum to store pokemon from Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald?

Quote Originally Posted by Johto_girl View Post
    Can you use Pokemon Colloseum to store pokemon from Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald?
    Yes, but you're normally are limited to just under 50 Pokémon, as you can't send eggs or catch any new Pokémon.

There however is a trick with Nincada, which evolve it in Colosseum, and get both Ninjask and Shedinja. By doing this enough times you can get 96 Pokémon on Colosseum.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    Yes, but you're normally are limited to just under 50 Pokémon, as you can't send eggs or catch any new Pokémon.

There however is a trick with Nincada, which evolve it in Colosseum, and get both Ninjask and Shedinja. By doing this enough times you can get 96 Pokémon on Colosseum.
    Cool, I was thinking about getting this game mainly so I can trade between my GBA games. This is the idea: upload version exclusives from Ruby onto Colloseum, switch catridges and download the same pokemon from Colloseum to Sapphire. So yeah, the limit doesn't bother me. I know you have more space on Ruby and Sapphire Pokebox but Colloseum seems like the better choice, as its a game itself, not just another storage unit. Also I want the damn Johto starters, lol.

Another thing, I read that the Wii can play GameCube Games and can also connect with old handhelds such as the GBA. Just wondering are all wii models able to play GameCube Games or is it just the earlier ones? Thanks for everyone's help.

Quote Originally Posted by Johto_girl View Post
    Cool, I was thinking about getting this game mainly so I can trade between my GBA games. This is the idea: upload version exclusives from Ruby onto Colloseum, switch catridges and download the same pokemon from Colloseum to Sapphire. So yeah, the limit doesn't bother me. I know you have more space on Ruby and Sapphire Pokebox but Colloseum seems like the better choice, as its a game itself, not just another storage unit. Also I want the damn Johto starters, lol.

Another thing, I read that the Wii can play GameCube Games and can also connect with old handhelds such as the GBA. Just wondering are all wii models able to play GameCube Games or is it just the earlier ones? Thanks for everyone's help.
    The new Wii models, which are "curvy" compared to the Wii's Angualar Model, lacks GameCube Support, and has no GameCube Controller Ports. However the New model was only released just before last Xmas.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    The new Wii models, which are "curvy" compared to the Wii's Angualar Model, lacks GameCube Support, and has no GameCube Controller Ports. However the New model was only released just before last Xmas.
    Thanks, we got our Wii in 2010.

I have a question. I know the majority of shadow pokemon in the game can't be obtained as shiny due to the Personality Value recalculations that occur within the game but I was wondering if the same rules applied to XD001 as to my knowledge I know shiny pokemon can be obtained in the game (Gift Pokemon, Traded Pokemon and Wild Pokemon) and I was was wondering if Lugia could be attained in it's shiny form as well.
    Pokemon Y
    Friend Code: 4742-7095-3187

Badges: 4
    Current Team: Charizard Y, Chesnaught, Greninja, Tyrantrum & egg

Quote Originally Posted by gamer_legend View Post
    I have a question. I know the majority of shadow pokemon in the game can't be obtained as shiny due to the Personality Value recalculations that occur within the game but I was wondering if the same rules applied to XD001 as to my knowledge I know shiny pokemon can be obtained in the game (Gift Pokemon, Traded Pokemon and Wild Pokemon) and I was was wondering if Lugia could be attained in it's shiny form as well.
    No it can't. XD001 is just another shadow pokémon so the PID recalculations apply
    3DS FC: 3652-1911-7158

Friend Safari: Psychic

Drowzee/Espurr/Xatu

Quote Originally Posted by 1quacka1 View Post
    No it can't. XD001 is just another shadow pokémon so the PID recalculations apply
    Bless ya 1Quacka1 that's most appreciated. I actually ended up catching XD001 somehow forgetting that knowing "Psycho Boost" and having the National Ribbon is what makes it a truly unique catch.
    Pokemon Y
    Friend Code: 4742-7095-3187

Badges: 4
    Current Team: Charizard Y, Chesnaught, Greninja, Tyrantrum & egg

Angry Colosseum Training Help

Okay, my team is Umbreon: 48/9 (can't read it), Espeon: (Same), Raikou: 40 (shadow), Suicune: 45, Entei: 44, and Feraligatr: 47. I am at, you guessed it: the Colosseum with that damn Tyranitar. I couldn't even pass the third trainer, probably because Raikou was Shadow, and still is; what levels do you think they should be? Also, might I add, what moves should they have? They are my planned team, as I have a Tyranitar on Emerald, and I cannot find any Pokemon that I like more. Please help; I want my Emerald Pokedex to be completed.
    Thank you,
    Andy

Evice is going to be very difficult for you. His strongest Pokemon are on Lv 61. But, at least get all of your Pokemon up to Lv 55. That will do you some good. Go to Mt Battle so you can level up and you can purify your Raikou.

If I were to decide the movesets of your Pokemon, I would choose:

Espeon:
    Psychic
    Morning Sun
    Protect/ Shadow Ball
    Reflect/Light Screen

Umbreon:
    Faint Attack
    Secret Power
    Moonlight
    Confuse Ray/ Toxic

Raikou:
    Thunderbolt/ Thunder
    Iron Tail/Crunch
    Toxic/Rain Dance
    Calm Mind

Suicune:
    Surf
    Ice Beam/Blizzard
    Calm Mind
    Mirror Coat

Entei:
    Flamethrower
    Calm Mind
    Solarbeam
    Iron Tail

Feraligatr:
    Hydro Pump
    Ice Beam/Blizzard
    Earthquake
    Slash

The movesets are kind of ugly, but it's Colosseum, so they're not going to look perfect. But, good luck. Lead with Espeon and watch out for Evice's Slizor, Slaking and Salamence.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast