Thread: Gurren Lagann Discussion

Default Gurren Lagann Discussion

Im bored as hell give me your favorite and least favorite parts of Gurren Lagann
    Well excuuuuuuse me, princess. Don't think too deeply about things or else everything becomes very cynical

Frick the Police.

inb4CC

I actually haven't gotten around to this series yet, i plan to soon tho, i just dont like mechs
    Last edited by Jb; 7th May 2015 at 5:51 AM.

It is not your usual mech anime, I assure you
    Well excuuuuuuse me, princess. Don't think too deeply about things or else everything becomes very cynical

Frick the Police.

It's been a while since I watched it, but I loved it almost all the way through. Loved how ridiculous over the top things got. Only thing that I didn't like that springs to mind was that weird art shift in episode 4 or 5 or whatever.
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Great anime and one of my favorites, but a lot of people highly overrate it.

Gurren Lagann's life-changing. I watched the show in two days and became a man.

Quote Originally Posted by King Lawliet View Post
    Only thing that I didn't like that springs to mind was that weird art shift in episode 4 or 5 or whatever.
    Episode 4 was okay. Not the worst ever, but it was dull for the series.
    Winner of Best Fic of 2014 in the Shipping Oscars
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 4 - 7/18/15 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

One of the best things ever

Kamina for president
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

I absolutely loved this show and had no intention of it becoming such a huge favourite.

I was browsing Netflix a year ago roughly, it popped up and i read the summary thinking it sounded alright. Gave it a chance and by the end of the first episode i was hooked. The entire show was not what i expected. I refuse to spoil the show for anybody, it would ruin such a powerful anime.

Shame the -hen movies haven't been dubbed yet.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Simon's rebirth scene was my favourite.

Gurren Lagann is my all time favourite. Not just anime, but piece of media. I can't sing its praises highly enough. It's my go-to example of a perfect story with perfect pacing and amazing characters. Not to mention the kickass art and soundtrack. It's also an incredibly inspiring piece of work, which helps lift my spirits when times are tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    inb4CC

I actually haven't gotten around to this series yet, i plan to soon tho, i just dont like mechs
    Oh you.

But seriously go watch it man.

For me, it'd have to be the final fight of Lagann-hen.
    Especially when they
        Spoiler:- Spoilers!:
    Sonic's the name, speed's my game!

If you aren't a man before watching this anime, then you will be afterwords.

I started this anime cause my younger brother pestered me nonstop about it. When I started it I was disappointed because it was a mech anime. About halfway through the first arc (you know the episode), I was crying manly tears. No anime has made me feel badass just by listening to it's soundtrack. This anime goies over the top, makes a new top, and then goes over THAT top.

Bonus points for a certain character inventing time-space travel to punch Rossiu in the face.

It's okay. That's all I can say about it. I watched it once, but it hasn't inspired me to give it a second, critical viewing.
    Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13