Page 53 of 127 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 3155

Thread: Your Top Ten Animes.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Pirate View Post
    I'm overly intimidated by HK's list.
    *Cue stereotypical villian laughter.*

At some point your awesome nerd knowledge will reach a fine point. Until then, I can only recommend that you check out what interests you.

I also need to update my series list(s).

in the moment of ultra-light
    when the fire burns black
    & each & every second in the flame
    we divide & sub-divide &
    each time a cell splits off we
    become a new flesh - a new flesh
    a new self - a new self
    into infinity

1. The melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
    2. Azumanga Daioh
    3. Pani Poni Dash
    4. This Ugly Yet Beautiful World
    5. Elfen Lied
    6. D.N.Angel
    7. Neon Genesis Evangelion
    8. Jinki:EXTEND
    9. Fruits Basket
    10. Coyote Ragtime Show

Ya, my top ten favourites. Pretty sucky though D:

1. Older pokemon
    2. Naruto
    3. digimon seasons 1, 3, 5
    4. Naruto Shippuden
    5. Deltora Quest
    6. Shinzo
    7. newer pokemon
    8. the other seasons of digimon

As you can see, my list is incomplete as I can't think of any other animies I watch or have watched.
    Pokemon Y Shiny Captures
    Horde Battle: MM:
    Friend Safari:

my list:
    pokemon
    sailor moon
    fruits baskets
    full metal alchemist
    digimon
    dbz
    card captors sakura
    evangelion

1.- Dragon Ball (all the sagas)
    2.- Saint Seiya
    3.- Pokemon
    4.- Evangelion
    5.- Inu Yasha
    6.- Captain Tsubasa
    7.- Full Metal Alchemist
    8.- Ranma 1/2
    9.- Cowboy Bebop
    10.- Hellsing
    Rhadamanthys is my bishie

The Hell Judge has arrived

Banner made by yoshimaster

This is in order.

[1] InuYasha
    [2] Pocket Monsters
    [3] Neon Genesis Evangelion
    [4] Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch
    [5] Naruto
    [6] Bishojo Senshi Sailor Moon
    [7] Love Hina
    [8] Furuba
    [9] Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu
    [10] Ranma 1/2
    Last edited by Jenna; 13th October 2007 at 9:13 PM. Reason: update! D;
    [IMG]http://i22.*******.com/6zx649.png[/IMG]
    + [ set made by .m.e. ] //

Wow alot of people have YYH in their top 10, awesome. I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed its greatness.

Mine aren't in any order since I don't like one more then another.(Okay that's not true but I don't feel like thinking of which ones I like more!!)

1. Code Geass(Gotta love C.C.)
    2. Full Metal Panic Seasons 1-3(Wow this show rocks and so does Tessa)
    3. Claymore(Not even finished and it's already my top 10!!)
    4. Gurren Lagann(I didn't care for the ending but I loved how the show went crazy but still showed real life lessons. Doesn't get much better then that. Also Yoko is kawaii!!)
    5. Shuffle!(Definately my favorite harem and I love Asa and Nerine!!)
    6. Air Gear(Really love this show Simca is ^^, manga is better)
    7. Fate Stay Night(OMG, good show and Rin is so cooL!!!!!!!)
    8. Yu Yu Hakusho(Hiei and Yusuke just have such a high level of badassness that it's too hard not to love this show. I watched the English version and I just LOVED how much of a smartass Yusuke was and how cold Hiei was. Also Botan is >~(^_^~)
    9. Death Note(Great plot and I love how it makes you think, definately very original and awesome)
    10. Beck(It's kinda funny, I wasn't going to watch this but someone I know wouldn't stop telling me to watch it so I gave in. Good thing I did, it was awesome!!)

Honorable mentions: Iriya No Sora(Longer title but whatever. Great show, sad ending but great show none the less. <3 Iriya, I think that was her name, haha!!)
    Shana(OMG, loved this show too. Probobly should be on top 10. Doesn't get much better then a cute loli with a sword or maybe it does..)
    ZnT(omg..instead of a sword this loli sports a wand that she can't use correctly. Priceless!!)
    Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora(Great 6 ep anime. Very cute/sad at times)
    Chobits(haha Chi!!!)
    Many more, probobly forgot something important. Oh well!!
    Last edited by Michael91590; 16th October 2007 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael91590 View Post
    (Gotta love C.C.)
    ...What?

4. Gurren Laggen(I didn't care for the ending but I loved how the show went crazy but still showed real life lessons.
    ._________.

And because it annoys me, and I want to channel HK, it's 'Laggan'.

...What?

._________.

I don't understand what confuses you about your first quote and I guess thanks for the spelling correction..? You could have pm'd me and I would have fixed it.

Thanks Grey for the correct correction loL!!!
    Last edited by Michael91590; 16th October 2007 at 11:45 PM.

...What?

._________.

Actually it's Lagann.

My list definitely needs a remake. x_x;

1) Fullmetal Alchemist
    2) The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
    3) Naruto/Naruto: Shippuuden
    4) Lucky Star
    5) Bleach
    6) Blood +
    7) Samurai Champloo
    8) G Gundam
    9) s-CRY-ed
    10) Cowboy Bebop

^Not really in order, it changes a lot. :/ The only one that's constant is #1. And I saw a clip of Texhnolyze on YouTube...if I can find the DVDs before Geneon dies, I know that its going to be on the list above.
    (image beautifully drawn by pixiv user id #45323)
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/34il6ah.png[/IMG]
    Lelouch is watching over all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimori Kiryu View Post
    And I saw a clip of Texhnolyze on YouTube...if I can find the DVDs before Geneon dies, I know that its going to be on the list above.
    YES!

If you can prepare yourself for an extremely slow-paced, methodical anime (no dialogue in the first eleven minutes of the show!), then chances are you'll enjoy it. Really unorthodox for anime and would appeal more to those that are interested in Buddhist theology and art film lovers.

Do NOT miss out on Haibane Renmei, Serial Experiements Lain, or NieA_7, either. Yoshitoshi ABe also did the character designs for those, and also had a hand in the stories for Haibane and NieA_7. (Haibane Renmei was originally created by him as a doujinshi, and the entire series was scripted by him.)

And for all that is holy do not also forget Ayakashi ~ Samurai Horror Tales Goblin Cat (the third volume of the series) and Paranoia Agent. There's plenty of other Geneon titles worth your while that are unlikely to be picked up by other companies (see my anime DVD list), but those above six should get priority.

DVD Pacific has some of those series in stock. Check DVD Price Search for those that aren't available there.

we divide & sub-divide &
    a new self - a new self
    into infinity

Quote Originally Posted by HellKorn View Post
    YES!

If you can prepare yourself for an extremely slow-paced, methodical anime (no dialogue in the first eleven minutes of the show!), then chances are you'll enjoy it. Really unorthodox for anime and would appeal more to those that are interested in Buddhist theology and art film lovers.
    I do like art films and I've read some great reviews. I'm definitely going to give it a chance, no doubt about it.

Do NOT miss out on Haibane Renmei, Serial Experiements Lain, or NieA_7, either. Yoshitoshi ABe also did the character designs for those, and also had a hand in the stories for Haibane and NieA_7. (Haibane Renmei was originally created by him as a doujinshi, and the entire series was scripted by him.)
    I've seen most of Serial Experiments Lain and its pretty good, though I never saw the end. ^^; My friend had three episodes on VHS and three others on DVD. They weren't in order either, so I got confused. I'll probably still add it on my Christmas list. I've never heard of Haibane Renmei or NieA_7 (does that stand for anything? o.o), but I'll give them a try if I can rent them or find them on a fansite somewhere.

And for all that is holy do not also forget Ayakashi ~ Samurai Horror Tales Goblin Cat (the third volume of the series) and Paranoia Agent. There's plenty of other Geneon titles worth your while that are unlikely to be picked up by other companies (see my anime DVD list), but those above six should get priority.
    Paranoia Agent was my drug back when it ran on [adult swim]. D: I missed the last episode, sadly enough. I still haven't seen it yet. I *think* I've heard of Ayakashi ~ Samurai Horror Tales but I've never been able to find the DVDs. My FYE and Best Buy stores are very, very limited. ;_;

DVD Pacific has some of those series in stock. Check DVD Price Search for those that aren't available there.
    I will try to go there, but my parents really don't like to buy off of the Internet (I just convinced them to buy my FMA pocke****ch a day ago after begging them for more than a year.), so I'll take a list to my nearest DVD store and ask them if they can order 'em. Thanks for all the advice. Geneon's dying and I've gotta get all these DVDs before they disappear. <<;
    (image beautifully drawn by pixiv user id #45323)
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/34il6ah.png[/IMG]
    Lelouch is watching over all of us.

I don't understand what confuses you about your first quote
    I guess I just found C.C. incredibly annoying, and apart from the fact that that show went downhill fast after pretty much the 2nd OP, she was what turned me off after only so many episodes, and that saddens me, what with Lelouch being a beast and all.

Also, why didn't you care for Gurren Lagann's ending?

lol @ me for spelling it wrong myself >_> That's what you get at 4am in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimori Kiryu View Post
    I do like art films and I've read some great reviews. I'm definitely going to give it a chance, no doubt about it.
    Considering its availability, it should be sooner rather than later...

Also, the ending's still my favorite in anime. It certainly isn't happy... but it isn't sad, either. Just consider Ichise (the main protagonist) when all's said and done. His evolution as a character and how it ties in the overall message of Texhnolyze is one of, if not the most simple yet profound example of writing that the medium has to offer.

I've seen most of Serial Experiments Lain and its pretty good, though I never saw the end. ^^; My friend had three episodes on VHS and three others on DVD. They weren't in order either, so I got confused. I'll probably still add it on my Christmas list. I've never heard of Haibane Renmei or NieA_7 (does that stand for anything? o.o), but I'll give them a try if I can rent them or find them on a fansite somewhere.
    Haibane Renmei ANN Entry
    NieA_7 ANN Entry

Haibane Renmei is one of my top five favorite anime, series and films included. Utterly beautiful.

I *think* I've heard of Ayakashi ~ Samurai Horror Tales but I've never been able to find the DVDs. My FYE and Best Buy stores are very, very limited. ;_;
    The first two DVDs of Ayakashi are forgettable. The third is just overwhelmingly amazing, though. The direction's great, the art's great, the animation's great, the characters are ridiculously entertaining, and I come close to crying every single time I watch its third and final episode (seen it three times already).

I will try to go there, but my parents really don't like to buy off of the Internet (I just convinced them to buy my FMA pocke****ch a day ago after begging them for more than a year.), so I'll take a list to my nearest DVD store and ask them if they can order 'em. Thanks for all the advice. Geneon's dying and I've gotta get all these DVDs before they disappear. <<;
    Show them the discounts of online purchases versus going into the store. With stores like DVD Pacific they usually range from 30%-40% off.

There's also plenty of other Geneon titles that I would recommend, so if you're curious, feel free to ask.
    Last edited by HK; 18th October 2007 at 9:49 PM.

we divide & sub-divide &
    a new self - a new self
    into infinity

Bleach
    Death Note
    Full Metal Alchemist
    Naruto
    Final Fantasy (Not sure it it is called an animie)
    Name: Steven
    Friend Code: 3265 1546 6703
        Spoiler:- Click:

I guess I just found C.C. incredibly annoying, and apart from the fact that that show went downhill fast after pretty much the 2nd OP, she was what turned me off after only so many episodes, and that saddens me, what with Lelouch being a beast and all.

Also, why didn't you care for Gurren Lagann's ending?

lol @ me for spelling it wrong myself >_> That's what you get at 4am in the morning.
    Ah I see. Well I like her being the only one Lelouch can really trust. I can't wait to see her secrets!

About Lagann:
        Spoiler:- :
    Just started Diamond a week ago. Looking for IV battles, friends, and trades. If you add me send me a pm!!!
    Name: Michael
    FC: 0516 5287 5409

Its interesting how practically nobody puts pokemon on there and this is a pokemon forum??? Well anyways heres my rankings:
    1avatar
    2pokemon
    3naruto

those are all the animes i really like pokemon moved down one
    You had way too many outside images and your signature was overstacking, so everything was erased. Please read the signature rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Poke'T<3 View Post
    Its interesting how practically nobody puts pokemon on there and this is a pokemon forum??? Well anyways heres my rankings:
    1avatar
    2pokemon
    3naruto

those are all the animes i really like pokemon moved down one
    But this is the Alternate Anime section. A totally different world :P There are quite a few people in here you have watched many other anime titles other than Pokemon. I still watch Pokemon, but it's not going to be one of my favorites anytime soon. But it is a nice past-time of mine.
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf Blog (@AsrialysAC) | Pokemon Center Plush Collection (as of 10/19/2010) | Nintendo Network ID: Asrialys

About Lagann:
    Well, that's fair enough,

Oh well, each to his own.

Pokemon, sefl explanatory.
    DBZ, most violent cartoon ever....awesome!
    Ronin Warriors(quite an old one.)
    Yu Yu Hakasho, I do not think I spelled that correctly
    Tenshi Muyo, possibly the best anime of all time. I was disheartened when toonami discontinued it. Ryoko pawned.

Thats it

Quote Originally Posted by sarcastic phantom View Post
    DBZ, most violent cartoon ever
    No it isn't. Not by a long shot.

Quote Originally Posted by sarcastic phantom View Post
    DBZ, most violent cartoon ever....awesome!.
    Excuse me.
    BWAHAHAHAHA! Oh, god! Oh, sweet Jesus! *sniff* Aha ha ha! Whoo!

I think we're forgetting a few candidates in that department.
    Namely Fist of the North Star, Berserk... Hell; Cowboy Bebop is more violent than DBZ.

1. Death Note
    2. Fullmetal Alchemist
    3. Elfen Lied

I loled about DBZ as most violent ever.

credits to swellow_91 for both

29% of the SPPF population has a based-on-nothing percentage in their sig, wich works exactly the same as a chainletter. put this in your sig if you want to become one of them.
    Still looking for a good quote, so you better be funny damnit.

I haven't watched too many Anime, so my list is rather short
    I haven't listed any Anime I didn't like though

1. Fullmetal Alchemist
    2. Death Note
    3. Naruto
    4. DBZ
    5. Pokémon
    6. Doujin Work (*grin*)

Page 53 of 127 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast