Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Serebii Fanfiction Review Exchange - BETA Model

Fics The Demonic Child (PG15)

Reviews Given None yet

Reviews Wanted Whatever your syle is I want help with my characters

Completed Exchanges None
    I am back again, and now made a new fic called The Pokemon Threat, it will have crossbreeds and mutated Pokemon in it, hopefully it will be my best, but am not sure, reviews would be VERY welcome.

Lightbulb

Fics:

{ The Promise of the World }

An OT Journey 'fic, but with some fantasy twists.

Reviews Given: I will crit everything I possibly can. I am very critical and nit-picky, but not mean-spirited. I was once a HORRIBAD author, and I'm glad nobody was harsh enough to make me stop- I enjoy writing. So don't be too intimidated.

Reviews Wanted: The more in-depth the better.

Story Qualifiers: OT Journey 'fics. To clarify, a 'fic starring an Original Trainer on a Journey of some sort. I don't watch the anime, nor will I ever.

Reciprocates Within: Ehh. ASAP. I don't have the internet at home, so I have to save each webpage to my computer, take it home, read it, write a review, then bring it back to the coffee shop and post it. But I'll do my darndest.

Completed Exchanges: None
    Last edited by Estuary; 26th November 2011 at 12:47 AM.

{ Click above to see my art thread. }

I also write.
    { Song of the Small }

A study of the journey 'fic.

'I should like to lie at your feet and die in your arms.'
    ~Voltaire

Status Open

Fics The Human Child Link in sig

Reviews Wanted The more detail you can give the better, I am qute new at writing and only done two fics so please try not to be to harsh

Reviews Given I will try my best to review as much as possible but I want everyone to know i have not long started reviewing and only done a few reviews

Story Qualifiers : Pokemon/Digimon, A bit of Romance as in pokemon romance/Digimon romance AKA two eevee kissing or whatever, Horror, violence and lastly journey fics.

Reciprocates Within ASAP I visit my nan every thursday and sometimes more shes the only one with a laptop that is able to access the Internet for now so.

Completed exchanges None
    I am back again, and now made a new fic called The Pokemon Threat, it will have crossbreeds and mutated Pokemon in it, hopefully it will be my best, but am not sure, reviews would be VERY welcome.

Fics:

Hero's Bond - Chaptered. Four chapters. Badges. Ribbons. That's all this journey is about right? With two different men setting their sights on Johto, the peaceful region will soon be torn apart.

Reviews Given: I tend to go in-depth with grammar, spelling, and plot. I won't just leave what is wrong with it. I will also explain the good points and what was done well.

Reviews Wanted: Not just mindless praise. I want reviewers to go in-depth and find mistakes.

Story Qualifiers: I won't do Pokemorphs or Mystery Dungeon style fics. I'm also iffy on Fakemon, but I can make exceptions. Other than that I'll review anything.

Reciprocates Within: I will review within the day. But to be safe I would give it at most three.

Referrals (optional):

Last edited by Shadow Lucario; 3rd March 2012 at 12:23 AM.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

Fics: New World: Placed in an original setting, a young man sets off into a world rife with danger and adventure. What begins a rite of passage will turn into a journey across the world. Meanwhile, Mewtwo is up to some nefarious scheme, but what could it be? 9 chapters so far including a prologue.

Reviews Given: My review depends on your review. I you give me a nice insightful analysis telling me what I'm doing that's good and how I could stand to improve, then I will return the favor in kind. If you give me "Wow, this is really good!" or "This stinks. You stink.", I will be less disposed to put any effort into reviewing yours. I'm sure that won't be an issue though. I probably won't go chapter by chapter, prefering to review the work as a whole, though I will make sure to point out if it improves with time. I will focus primarily on characterization; how vibrant or flat your cast is, and how their interactions work with eachother.

Reviews Wanted: I would like an in depth review, preferably chapter by chapter rather than as a whole. Maybe a paragraph or two for each chapter. I'd rather not worry about spelling mistakes. I'm a good speller and any errors are more likely from typos than from not knowing how to spell a word. What I'm most concerned with is the likability of the characters. Not just in the sense of whether or not you think their heroic or villainous, but if they feel like an actual flesh and blood person rather than a cardboard cutout.

Story Qualifiers: I will NOT read any Lemon fics. I don't remember if they're allowed on Serebii or not, but I have zero interest in anything like that. I'd also prefer fics where the Pokemon don't talk. I always found that a little wierd. This isn't a hard and fast rule though.

Reciprocates Within: I can probably get back to you within about a week.

Completed Exchanges: None yet. We all gottastart somewhere.
    Last edited by An Enemy Spy; 29th February 2012 at 8:55 AM.

Fics: Earth, Air, Water, Fire

Only one chapter, just started. Easy to pick up on. It's an indirect sequel to some of my earlier work, which is optional to read. Anything relevant from earlier writing will be re-explained, but of course reading it in the original form is always best.

Reviews Given: Stream-of-consciousness thoughts. Any aspect I feel needs focus will be addressed. I ask a lot of questions. I also try to balance what I dislike with what I liked. I will be critical, but not a complete devil

Reviews Wanted: Please be critical. Include any and all thoughts on plot, description, grammar, style, and most importantly for me, characters. I want to avoid writing the Gary Stu types. Just be honest. Don't pad your thoughts.

Story Qualifiers: I just don't read anything too particularly surreal, and I like it to be about Pokemon that actually exist. Adventure fics are always fun but I can think outside the box.

Reciprocates Within: Usually within a three-day span. I have school and work, but usually can read a chapter pretty quickly (unless you write novel-chapters).

Referrals (optional): None, as of now.

I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

Fics: Survival Project — This is a new fic with only five chapters so far. It's an OT journey fic, with each chapter told from the point of view of a pokémon belonging to the main trainer. The point of view will rotate but will not go in any specific order, and the pokémon will be identified (by nickname) with the chapter name.

Reviews Given: I tend to write long reviews that focus on the originality of the work, characterization, grammar/spelling, description, and anything else that I think of along the way.

Reviews Wanted: I'd mostly like comments on characterization, description, and whether or not the writing flows, makes sense, or drags on. Any review, however, is appreciated.

Story Qualifiers: I'll review anything, though I am not particularly fond of fics that involve characters from the anime.

Reciprocates Within: I'll always respond within a day or two.

Completed Exchanges: None yet.
    Last edited by diamondpearl876; 20th April 2012 at 1:02 AM.

Fics: Different Eyes: A meowth volunteers for a human/pokémon hybridisation program and its consequences. Attempts to handle the pokémorph concept in a sophisticated, mature way, exploring the nature of humanity, personal worth and identity. Philosophical, violent and witty at turns. Cliché killer. Chaptered Pokémon Fic - Science Fiction - In Progress (3 Chapters, 13,300 words)

Reviews Given: I write reasonably long reviews - something like 500 words, though this does depend on the length of the text to be reviewed - with detailed reference and articulate analysis to justify my critique, and point out specific parts of the text and their merits or flaws. I tend to quote anything notable and comment on it, before summarising my views afterwards.

I usually take note of narrative style, dialogue and descriptive prose. I try to comment on everything I can, but I'm best at analysing the writing itself. I also comment on character psychology, but that's a fairly subjective topic. I do not bother correcting grammar unless an egregiously frequent mistake keeps occurring, nor do I often speculate on the plot.

By default, I try to praise and criticise in equal measure but if asked, I am willing to be more or less harsh at the possible cost of review length. Although I do try to be critical in a benign, constructive manner, I am also quite blunt. Additionally, I will offer suggestions for improvement wherever possible.

Lastly, I will review one chapter for every review received, in roughly coresponding detail to those given to me. I am willing to adapt my style of review, but please discuss this with me beforehand.

Reviews Wanted: I'm not very demanding: provided at least some constructive praise and some constructive critique is present, I am content. Please note; if your review is generic, or can be liberally applied to any fic, I may take offence at the apparent lack of effort - specific reference is appreciated. I may also review your review, ha.

Story Qualifiers: I'm willing to read anything, more or less, but I may not be able to provide the promised quality of review if the fic in question is romantic, animé-focal, or a very short drabble/poem. This is not always the case, merely a potential risk. To prevent disappointment, notifying me in advance about the nature of your fic in order to ascertain my ability to review is a good idea. I will always reciprocate, however. Additional note: I will always call out perceived offensive material such as any kind of prejudice or insensitive use of rape tropes.

Reciprocates Within: 48 hours.

Last edited by unrepentantAuthor; 19th April 2012 at 4:41 PM.

Author Profile
    Review Exchange
    I am the wisest of all the geeks, for I alone know that I know nothing.

Fics: Brothers' Bond: My first try ever at a pokemon fan-fiction; it's the story of a young man who will do anything--be it impossible, improbable, or immoral--to stop from losing the most important person in his world.

Reviews Given: First of all, I'm not a huge grammar/spelling Nazi unless a story is littered with errors. I get that some people just make typos, and that's not the worst thing in the world. Unless I think there is just a general lack of excellent grammar, or there is a mistake or two that make a line hard to get by, I'll just blow by minor errors unless asked to point them out. Aside from that, I'll review depending on how the story moved me. It's hard to sit here and say "This is how I'll review" when it varies story-by-story what kind of input is merited. I will use specific examples from the story, though, so don't worry about just getting generic praise.

Reviews Wanted: The same as I just said...I don't want to decree how you feel so moved to critique. Say whatever comes to mind!

Story Qualifiers: I am willing to try anything. I can't promise to be thrilled to review anything based on popular anime characters (but stories that use minor established characters to either further the plot or flesh them out is absolutely fine) because I haven't watched the cartoon in about a decade, so I'm not up on what the characters are supposed to be. Also, I'd like to review things that aren't quite a lot of chapters or pages in; I'd rather get in on the ground floor with a story and stay with it through its completion (on that note...I'm not really looking forward to just a "one review for one review" scenario. I'd rather that we become regular readers of each others' stories, but that's just me). Not saying I won't be willing to review something that is 10 chapters and 75 pages in already, but it might take me longer to get a review back to you so I can catch up on everything.

Reciprocates Within: I am currently working a full-time career that requires a long commute each way, and I am getting married in about 50 days, so I'm busy with that. I will endeavor to return a review within 2 or 3 days, though, even if it means using my lunchbreak at work to do so. I am not opposed to a reminder VM or PM if you think I'm a little late.
    Last edited by Sid87; 31st May 2012 at 4:20 PM.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Fics: Requiem - A story that involves three people and their Pokemon. An unlikely discovery takes two of them away towards potential fortune, while the third seeks to track them down and rob them of it. Little do any of the three know that the discovery has started a chain reaction of events that will ultimately lead to a dangerous journey and a terrible treasure. Chaptered Fic - up to Chapter 9 so far

Reviews Given: I usually focus on originality of the work. I can be somewhat critical on bad grammar when it runs rampant. The things that I really focus on when reviewing is description, realisticness of characters, pacing, and inventiveness of the plot. Most of my reviews start out with a long summary of several different things I like, and dislike. After the primary review, I usually review chapter by chapter as the story progresses.

Reviews Wanted:I'm really open to any sort of help I could get. Grammar is one thing I stumble a bit with sometimes, but any tips on description, characters, plot, etc that could be given is much appreciated. As others have said, any specific references to my fic are appreciated; as in, I dont want someone to post a review that's so general I can't tell if it's about my story or not.

Story Qualifiers:I'm really open for reading anything. I can say that my favorite style is that of trainer journey fics, but there isn't really anything that I won't read. I'm not really familiar with the Unova games or the anime that much, so if I misstep occasionaly with fics set in that area I apologize, but I'll give just about anything a good solid chance.

Reciprocates Within:I can usually have a review up in about three days. I have Mondays and Wednesdays off from work so I generally do most of them then. However, if I find the time, I may be able to get to it on the same day.

Referrals (optional):

An Ancient Treasure, a Terrible Price. Take the Risk, Eat the World
    (Final Chapter added 05-15-2014)

-Thanks to PopPrincess_Lyra for the banner above, and Sworn Metalhead for the banner below -

All Hail the Six Kings...
    Chapter One added (12-07-2014)

Fics: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Overthrown
    Shattered by a bitter, unwinnable civil war and growing dissent, the Kingdom struggles to survive against the Colonies. Traitors, renegades, and Rogues abound on both sides of the conflict, making victory unreachable for either side.
    However, each side is unknowingly being manipulated to their own destruction.
    Now only one human, dropped into the middle of the conflict, can change fate. But what good is the power to change fate against an entire revolution? Chaptered Fic-Chapter Two up now

Reviews Given:
    I typically focus on the plot development of each chapter and the pacing of the fic. I also try to focus on the characters (what I like about them, what I don't like, their personality, ect.). My reviews usually are constructed around the chapter (A.K.A: I quote the chapter and comment/criticize certain key parts, mistakes, and stuff I liked). I will also try to point out grammar errors and such, but I'm not the best in that area, so expect only really obvious errors to be pointed out, unless you would like me to meticulous, in that case I will do my best to point out most grammar errors. This is how I usually review, but it depends on the fic.
    The first review will be over what has been written so far, and than future reviews will be just on the newest chapter.

Reviews Wanted:
    I have noticed that I mostly need grammatical help with small issues such as commas and semicolon placement. I also would like reviews on what could be done to make the description better. Honestly, I would accept any advice that is given to me that would help my fic. I don't want generic reviews; I want to truly know how I can make my fic better, not just basic praise.

Story Qualifiers: I’m usually willing to read anything; my favorites are PMD and Trainer Journey fics (especially if they're humorous). I'm not too familiar with the anime, so if that's what you write I'm giving you a warning on the quality of my reviews.

Reciprocates Within:
    It might take me a few days to read over the entire fic; depends on the length, but I can usually read one to three chapters in a day. Weekends are usually the best time for me to review as weekdays I'm either in school or otherwise engaged. However that changes in the summer months.

Referrals (optional):

Last edited by Knightfall; 9th May 2012 at 5:15 AM.

Fics: Essence of Life - A tale of a boy who is forced to face the impossibilities of an estranged world while running away from the most inescapable thing in the entire world - his own death. Destiny has other plans, though. Chaptered Fic - up to Chapter 2 so far.

Reviews Given: I'm not much of a grammar guy unless your grammar is really, really bad, but I mostly focus on your story, characterization and pretty much on the whole plot/character development business while I express what I like, dislike and what you could improve upon (IF there's anything to improve on). If I notice anything out of the ordinary, I'll point it out right away as I tend to notice slight details others don't manage to. I believe you'll be pretty much satisfied with my review - it will definitely be more than just 'Wow, I love this. Keep writing!'.

Reviews Wanted: Any sort of review is wanted even if it's a less-detailed one. My grammar is quite shaky so I would need some help with that though I would vastly prefer a comment on the way my characters and emotions are handled in this story. Just, an above average review would do it for me; what you like, dislike and what I could improve upon.

Story Qualifiers: I want an amazing story. And by amazing story, I want an intriguing plot - I don't want some rehash of the games, I want something original, something with a twist, something that will make me go 'wow'. It doesn't matter which generation or what genre - if it has memorable characters or an original plot, come to me and I'll read it.

Reciprocates Within: It doesn't take me less than four days and that is only when my brother is back from college. On every other occasion, I can probably respond within a day as I have nothing better to do.

Referrals (optional):

Completed Exchanges: None.
    Last edited by Janovy; 31st May 2012 at 10:19 AM.

Fics:http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...230-A-New-Path This story might seem like the average story that simply follows the lines of the games at first. Soon however, it turns into so much more

Reviews Given:I review stories, but I normally am not good at finding mistakes. I normally give advice for the plot.

Reviews Wanted:I want ANY review. Well actually no. Nothing saying this is bad or anything like that. I want critique and grammar people would help.I want to improve. I need more detail. Many of my chapters are short and I'm trying to make them longer. Tell me ways where I can describe people, places, things, actions, etc. better

Story Qualifiers:I am a HUGE fan of comedy, but I'll do most Pokemon fanfic stories.

Reciprocates Within:I finish reviews quickly. If I'm on Serebii, I'll do it. They'll start out short, maybe a few lines, but I'll add more as I think of them throughout the day

Referrals (optional):Nada

252 +6 Atk Choice Band Pure Power Victini (+Atk)Critical V-create vs 0 HP/0 -6 Def Dry Skin Paras (-Def) : 103470436.36% - 121729963.64% (Guaranteed OHKO)

You Don't Say? I had no idea that a Choice Band Adamant Victini with maximum attack EVs and IVs that was baton passed +6 in attack and Skill Swapped Pure Power OHKO's Hasty Dry Skin Lvl 1 Paras with no defense EVs or IVs and -6 in defense under sun with a critical hit V-Create.

Fic:
    The Girl Who Knows the Hearts of Dragons is a story based on the Black & White games that focuses on Iris and how she started as a trainer and Drayden's apprentice. There will be focus on Drayden at times as well as other characters, expect that a tad later on in the story.

Reviews Given:
    My reviews vary quite often, they tend to be between one paragraph to several paragraphs and can be quite in-depth, especially if the story interest me a lot. I can be very blunt in my reviews and concise because I expect the same. Plot, Characters, Description, Characterization, Writing Style, Realism, and interesting characters tend to catch my attention rather quickly, I'm going to be very quick and to the point a lot of the times on how I feel about the characters and plot. Characterization is big for me to, good characterization can really make or break a story in some regards. I'll most likely all the time "state" why I dislike a point in the fic, rather then saying I disliked a point and leaving it at that. I also will speculate at times, grammar isn't a major gripe for me, but it's something I'll call out occasionally if I feel it gets confusing. I do chapter by chapter reviews. I'll make sure my review are clean in most regards, so I expect the same.

Reviews Wanted:
    What I want. I expect good reviews as well, not short choppy sentences but a genuine review around a paragraph or two. My reviews will most likely most of the time mirror your reviews, an in-depth and lengthy review will result in such for you because I feel the need to give someone a fair trade off in a way. I like having all the flaws in my fic pointed out as it can only help me in the future and things that can be improved on Characterization, Development, Description, etc. I just want a good truly effort-induced review.

Story Qualifiers: I'm not interested in romance or crackfics. Complete comedy fics can be a tad tedious too.

Reciprocates Within:
    I'll usually try to get the review done quickly, but not rushed, and posted in a not drawn out long time span.

Completed Exchanges
    :
    Survival Project by diamondandpearl876 - Chapter 1-3 , Chapter 4-5, Chapter 8
    Requiem by Sidewinder - Prologue - Chapter 2, Chapter 3-5 ,
    Brothers' Bond by Sid87 - Prologue - Chapter 5, Chapter 6 - 7,
    Max's New Adventures by RealRaymon - Chapter 1
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 9th September 2012 at 12:44 AM.

Fics: The T-Legend: Following a revelation that uncovers the origins of several Legendary Pokemon, the human race potentially unlocks the potential to augment the body. The story follows the lives of several humans who shape the future of mankind during this sensitive time. It is Chaptered [currently on Chapter 5].

Reviews Given: I'm probably nicer than I should be and leave my critical thoughts to myself but I guess if I want to receive a good critical and helpful bashing I'd do the same in return. My thoughts focus more on the originality of the story, description, characterisation, relationships and speech (what I think worked well and what did not in equal measure). Studying Creative Writing [quite fond of Script Writing] so the way in which characters interact is something I pick up on a lot. Little spelling mistake and grammar points irk me slightly and I'll kindly point them out with quotes so they're easy to find. If a story is all over the place in grammar however I'll just suggest to brush up on whatever is missing but not point out every instance it occurred.

Reviews Wanted: Ermm...I'm kind of happy just to hear any feedback. Although what I receive I will return unless I like you . Having said that I am trying to put a considerable effort into this project so I would appreciate a sincere opinion of my characters, their relationships and the unfolding events. Also, would rather have my story reviewed chapter by chapter and if referencing, a little pinpoint as to what you're talking about wouldn't go amiss.

Story Qualifiers: Being on a Pokemon website, I'll only read Pokemon fics. Not particularly a fan of romance or dungeon style fics but I'll dip into the latter. Not a fan of fakemon but I'll give most else a good go.

Reciprocates Within: For the next couple of days, almost definitely within half the day. After next week at least every two days.

Referrals (optional):

If you're interested in FanFic please read up on my new story: The T-Legend. Much appreciated.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the bombastic banner

Fics:The-Gracidea-Bridge-(One-Shot)-(PG)The-Dark-Core-(One-Shot)-(PG)

Reviews Given: Slightly in depth, rating and grammatical correction usually included. Sometimes Quotes are included. Often I am quite critical, but I try to keep my reviews positive.

Reviews Wanted: Anything at all.

Story Qualifiers: none, I think.

Reciprocates Within: In 2 days, possibly 3 I should respond. Unless I have no Internet at the moment.

Referrals (optional): None

Fics: Twisting the Fate of a Girl and Spinarak: This is my first fan fic on this type of thing.... so I may not be kind of good on this. This determines a coordinator with a Spinarak that she has a rational fear of.

Reviews Given: 50% detail in your story. I may focus on how you type it and the whole plot. Note that I may not go long into the review......

Reviews Wanted: Only on how this story goes and what I need to improve on. But give me good tips and advice. But not really harsh criticism though.

Stories Qualified: Maybe an OT story or a Pokemon's POV. But no stories on Fakemon or Pokemorphs.

Reciprocates Within: Between now and ten days. (Updated since I'm requesting)........

Referrals(optional): If you have a suggestion for one of the next chapters of what it should be about, either VM/PM me.

Completed Exchanges:
    Last edited by Quilava42; 2nd January 2013 at 11:04 PM.

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

Fics: Feli Chronicles: Vitandes. There are only 1500 to 1600 words in every chapter I posted so far.

Reviews Given: I give reviews on very alluring and catchy scenarios of your story. Which means I will highlight to you on what are my favorite parts of your story. Sometimes I'll be quite detailed with added jokes and related humor in certain cases. But if you have a bit of technical problems, I will help you with it. I MAY at times help you on your story's development by giving you plot ideas.

Reviews Wanted: The Reviews that I truly ask would be reviews as how effectively fluid does my story progress (Like is it getting intense, dull, repetitive, progressive?). Others that I will ask are reviews on which parts of my story of every chapter are very catchy and alluring to you. Since I posted quite an amount of chapters, I hope that you can either reviews my chapters one by one or the entire novel in one review

Stories Qualified: The story I'm most comfortable would be pokemon stories where the human characters are original, NOT anime or game characters. I'm most likely a reader who sides with pokemon as the protagonists like the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Series. Pokepark and possibly Rumble series also work. But IF you are introducing a world, go BEYOND journey fics (they are okay but if you are doing one, make this eleminor and cover it with another major plot focus). There are too many. Try doing something out of the box.

Reciprocates Within: Between now and four days.

Referrals(optional): If you want to give me a plot Idea, I will listen to your idea before I PM mail you if it will be added to the novel or not

Completed Exchanges:
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

Fics: Pokémon: Black & White (written in screenplay format)

Reviews Given: I usually give "live reviews", meaning I read something and if it jumps off the page at me - whether in a good or bad way - I note it down in my review and make a mention of it. I try to focus more on what can be improved whenever I do list a negative. I'm never mean-spirited, and I offer advice. But I also like to point out what's good about the piece, because I know how nice it feels to know you're doing something right as a writer.

Reviews Wanted: I'd like to see opinions on how the story is progressing, the likability of the characters, or if any of the jokes hit or miss. Anything constructive, nothing mean-spirited.

Stories Qualified: Anything relating to the games, or any OC stories... I prefer stories that focus on human characters.

Reciprocates Within: Between now and three days time, depending on my school & work schedule.
    X:

OR:

Fics: Into the Darkness
    Summary: A young girl named Hope travels into the ever-forbidden Frost Forest, where she meets a creature told of in legends to possess human and Pokémon souls for their entire life. She is forced to live in a strange, new world, every action of hers overruled by Night. She feels alone, but will her feelings change, or will she live a lonely life forever?

Length: One chapter (I wanted a review or two before I posted the next chapter, but that might not happen.)

Obviously, this is a chaptered fic, based on ^^

Reviews Given: To be honest, I haven't done very many reviews, although my most recent one is found here . My reviews aren't usually long, but I put thought into them, so they aren't one liners. I'm not the best with connecting plot elements with characters, setting, etc, so I don't realize a lot of the things that are obvious to more experienced reviewers, although something like a Rotom putting on gloves I would notice.
    As for quoting, yes I do quote things, but I don't analyze a whole story one line at a time through quotes. However I try to include a few sentences about overall thoughts on a fic, and then get into quoting particular parts of it.
    I usually focus on humor, writing style, and description in my reviews. I also note grammar some mistakes, although often I will be reading and miss quite a few; I only notice I it affects the way a sentence reads, rather than spelling a long word with an "e" instead of an "i". Plot and characters are not my strong point, mainly because I am young and inexperienced.
    I am usually in the middle of the critical scale, although leaning a bit more towards praise than criticism. I notice the witty lines and the funny characters more than I notice bad character development. I will try to have something concerning an important element in a story in a review, although it's not always easy for me.
    I try to get a jump on fics without exceptionally long chapters or ones that aren't but a few chapters in, because I don't have the patience to sit down and read one chapter in an hour, unless the fic is REALLY good. So, I often find myself reading most of the fic and then reviewing, although if the chapters are long, I'll read a few and review (though this doesn't happen often)
    When reviewing, I can be a bit of a hypocrite. I can't sit down and read a six page chapter if it's loaded with description, although I will read a fic with little description and say more needs to be added. I guess you could say I like enough description to get a solid picture in your head; solid meaning not a random kid walking though somewhere, but not describing every hair on his head or how many times he blinks before throwing a Pokeball at a wild Pokémon.
    My review will be of similar quality to your review, to the best of my abilities, so if you critique only three grammar mistakes, then I will critique three minor aspects of your fic as well.

Reviews Wanted: I don' want a review telling me I made fifty grammar mistakes; that's what Microsoft Word is for. If there is an obvious grammar mistake that I didn't catch. feel free to tell me, but I don't want a lesson on comma usage. (Sixth graders aren't supposed to know everything!) I'm no asking for a crazy detailed review, but I would like if any of the following would be reviewed:
    ~Characters: Are they too perfect? Do I give enough detail? Too much?
    ~Minor plot development: Are more revealed story ideas too cliché? Too unbelievable?
    ~Description: Don't expect me to be writing ten-page chapters where ~50% of the chapter is description. Although I would like to know if I need a lot more description than dialogue, based on my "slightly hypocritical" way of reviewing.

Story Qualifiers: I am very strict about what I will and won't read. My WILL NOT reads:
    ~Cursing that is not *-ed
    ~Fics that are more than 7 chapters in (if relatively small chapters), or more than 4-5 chapters in (if includes very detailed descriptions)
    ~Romantic fics
    ~Extreme violence fics
    ~Fics with a rating above PG-13 (And some PG-13 fics I won't read, especially if they violate the first, third, and forth notes)
    ~Fics that have a similar plot to many other fics (for example, there are a lot of PMD fics, so please don't ask me to review when the first chapter is the main character losing all memory of being a human, finding a partner, and then going on a journey/adventure)
    My willing to reads:
    ~Fics with an interesting/different plot
    ~Fics that take a twit on something current (for example, placing Pokémon in place of Mario [this is actually one of my un-posted fics])
    ~Humorous fics and parodies (I literally spend the whole school day laughing, then come home and try to find a funny fic to pick up on)

Reciprocates Within: This, I hate to say, is a wildcard. I can try my best to review in a week or less, but I can't guarantee that I won't have homework or that I'll get home on time.

Referrals (optional): None.

~Back from hiatus (let's see how long this will last)~

Fics: The Cosmic Voyage: In order to discover the origins of Deoxys, a large spaceship is sent to its possible home world, Plikaa. However, things do not turn out as expected.

Reviews Given: I will mostly examine the flaws in your story, and try to think of ways to fix these flaws. If I can't find any flaws, I will write a review that will tell you what you did right.

Reviews Wanted: Anything that could help improve my stories. I will accept any criticism or praise.

Story Qualifiers: These are the stories I won't review. Anything else I will be willing to review.
    -Over 5 chapters, unless the chapters are short and easy to read
    -The story heavily involves romance
    -The story is rated R, or contains either large amounts of gore, any offensive material, or any sexual scenes.
    Stuff I would enjoy reviewing are stories that contain original ideas, fakemon, and an interesting plot.

Reciprocates Within: Depends, sometimes it may be in a day, few hours, or sometimes a week.

Referrals (optional):

My trade shop is now open!
    --------------------------------------------
    The Cosmic Voyage (on hiatus because of boredom)
    --------------------------------------------
    3DS Friend Code: 1418 - 7771 - 0495
    Friend Safari: Grass
    2DS Friend Code: 1865 - 0564 - 3202
    Friend Safari: Psychic
    ---------------------------------------------
    YouTube
    DeviantArt
        Spoiler:- Shiny Pokemon:
    I HAVE CLAIMED SEALEO. YOU WILL PERISH AT THE FLIPPERS OF THE SEALEO MASTER RACE (Spheal was already claimed).

Fics: Clashing Legends

Length: It's a chaptered fic, averages 1,244 words a chapter, or 7,464 total over the 6 chapters. I hope that isn't too long for anyone, and you don't have to review it all-chapter 5 is completely skippable (and also very short), and I'm considering removing it entirely.

Summary: The unfortunate reality is thus: we live in a black and white world. However, in this clash of truth and ideals, much more is at stake than win and lose, good and evil, black and white. Sammich Watts was an ordinary kid who can hear pokémon's voices. Miyako is a chosen one with a demon and a destiny clear to all but her. She will decide Unova's fate. He will watch.

It's an OT journey fic loosely based on the Black and White games. VERY loosely.

Reviews Give: I will probably focus more on flaws, but that's only because I want to help you fix them, and I promise I'll try my absolute best to not be mean. I will probably make a lot of comments on how the story flows and the grammar and whatnot, and also on your descriptions, but if there's anything you want me to focus on just tell me and I will adjust accordingly.

Reviews Wanted: Mostly constructive criticism would be great. The things I'd most like to know about are:
    -Are my characters Mary Sues? (I'm looking at you, Miyako)
    -Do I need to describe stuff in more detail? Where am I lacking?
    -Spelling and grammar mistakes. People describe me as a bit of a grammar nazi, and I do care about it a lot, so it'd kill me to leave something with grammar mistakes up.
    -Is my plot cliché? Be honest.
    -Just anything you think I can improve on.

Story Qualifiers:

-Any length. I've got free time.
    -Romance. I don't mind it being in the story, but if it has no plot EXCEPT romance there's a problem.
    -Violence is fine.
    -I won't review anything offensive to any group, unless said group is people who make a habit of being offensive to other groups.
    -No sexual scenes, please. You can hint, but nothing explicit.
    -It needs to have a plot. No mindless romance stories, stuff that centers around senseless violence, or anything else majorly plotless. Nothing too overdone, either. I'm not sure exactly how overdone mine is so I'm sorry if this makes me sound like a hypocrite.
    -This problem is all me and not you, but I know next to nothing about the anime and even less about Mystery Dungeon, so I may not be the most qualified to review things that take place in either of these worlds.

I would prefer something with:
    -An original and unique plot.
    -Original trainers are cool and I like them
    -Darker worlds?
    The second two aren't essential, but the first one is.

Reciprocates Within: Anywhere between a few hours and two days, three days tops.

Last edited by shatteredelysium; 30th April 2014 at 2:05 AM.

Fics: Flying in the Dark

Reviews Given: I can comment on anything you need help with, but I like to think I can comment best on your originality, grammar, characterization, and maybe point out where you're lacking in description, if anywhere.

Reviews Wanted: I'm mostly looking for characterization help, as the fic is very character-driven. Any comments are appreciated however. What did you like and what didn't you like? I want to know.

Story Qualifiers: Anything goes. Really.

Reciprocates Within: 48 hours

Referrals (optional): The Great Butler and Sidewinder can vouch that I reply when I say I will.

Completed Exchanges: Salvage by Negrek - Complete
    Last edited by diamondpearl876; 4th July 2014 at 4:30 PM.

| survival project |
    | this trainer is different. everyone knows it, but no one can explain it. |
    | complete |

| flying in the dark |
    | he's hiding something. she just doesn't know it. |
    | on hiatus|

| love and other nightmares |
    | limited time, limited abilities. kyurem says she can be cured in exchange for saving those who need saving. |
    | chapter 3 released 11/22/14 |

Fics:

Salvage
    Summary: Everyone knows Mewtwo's story, but what of his mother? What happened to Mew in the aftermath of Cinnabar Mansion's destruction? One child is determined to find out, though it means crossing oceans and passing beyond death itself. Along the way it must confront one central question: exactly how much is one life worth?
    Genres: Action, Suspense, Friendship
    Rating: PG-15. There's violence, bloodshed, and lots of uncensored cursing.
    Length: Chaptered. Long. I don't expect you to read all of it for an exchange unless you're particularly interested. If you want to start at the beginning, I would expect that you review at least a few chapters, as the initial ones are short. If you're interested in reviewing something more recent, other good jumping-off points are chapters eight and seventeen.

Reviews Given: I usually write fairly extensive reviews. You can take a look at some recent ones I've given to get an idea of my usual style:

For Praxiteles' The Progression
    For Sidewinders' Requiem
    For starliteevee's Drowning
    For Razor Wind's Pokémon Hunting and Investigating Squad

Generally speaking I'll critique plot, characters, style, and structure, but what I end up talking about varies depending on the 'fic--whatever strikes me as worth talking about, honestly. I don't usually do detailed grammar or copyediting sort of critique, although I'll mention any mistakes that really popped out at me as I read along. If there's anything in particular you want me to concentrate on, feel free to ask.

Reviews Wanted: I'm happy with any kind of feedback. When it comes to reciprocation, I'll try to put as much effort into my review as you put into yours.

Story Qualifiers: I'll read pretty much anything. For stories rated R or above, it'll depend on the reason behind the rating; please ask before looking for a review on one of these. Other than that, there are some genres that I like less than others (romance being my least favorite by a mile and half), but none that I'm unwilling to give a go. Note that I'm not very familiar with any anime or manga canons, so I may have some trouble talking about characterization in stories that focus on characters from those sources.

Reciprocates Within: This depends on the length of the 'fic I'm being asked to review. Generally within a week; I'll let you know if I think it's going to be longer.

Last edited by Negrek; 30th November 2014 at 9:00 AM.

Banner by Sworn Metalhead of Dćdric Design

Fics: The Bonds Within [One Shot]

Reviews Given: All have been done via PM on here so I cannot link you to any of them. I have done work on Scribophile, if anyone is interested in that. Warning: I am analytical, I write very lengthy replies, and I don't sugarcoat anything. If you can't take constructive criticism, go home. [As far as what I critique, I critique everything. It's as simple as that. I'm not too harsh on grammar, just so you all know.]

Reviews Wanted: Something constructive. The work I want critiqued cannot be publicly shared; therefore, I'd have to PM you. I am willing to critique work and not ask for another one in exchange for the moment.

Story Qualifiers: Your story needs to be about Pokemon. I'll read to my discretion (aka I'll read at least the first chapter, and if I am up for it, I will read on). I'll read anything really.

Reciprocates Within: Within a week.

Referrals (optional): Subzero Dragon and InsaneTyranitar can vouch for me.

Last edited by Shurtugal; 18th August 2014 at 10:20 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast