Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Serebii Fanfiction Review Exchange - BETA Model

I want in.

Fic: Pokemon Generations: Satsumi's Story

Fandom: Pokemon (anime)

Genre: Adventure/Romance

Age Rating: K+

Summary: When Satsumi's dad goes missing on a trip to investigate an ancient temple ruin, she decides to do everything she can to find him. She knows it won't be easy. Sickly for most of her childhood, Satsumi grew up sheltered and isolated, and even though her health has improved, she's still a timid, awkward girl prone to worry. Dealing with her new friends is almost as much of a challenge as dealing with her new enemy. But most troubling of all is the strange mystery which threatens to pull her under. What happened in that ruined temple so long ago? What does it have to do with her dad's disappearance? And what it Satsumi's connection to it? She'll soon find out, whether she wants to or not.

Reviews Given: I'm pretty well rounded... I was an English/Creative Writing major in college (I hate it when people say that as if it means you're a good writer... but it does help, and if nothing else, it teaches you a lot of things NOT to do). I'm best with characterization, relationships (especially romance), and writing-style. I'm exceptionally good with grammar, if I do say so myself... but I believe that common usage comes before grammar rules, and "standard" English isn't any better than other dialects or casual speech... so I won't correct grammar unless it sounds awkward, unrealistic, or doesn't match your approach. I'll definitely go into detail about what I like about your story, but I'll be specific about what needs improvement, too. So, detailed, constructive criticism, basically. Sorry if I come across as stuck-up here... I'm just trying to get across the point that I'll probably have lots of criticisms, so be prepared for that.

Reviews Wanted: The most important thing to me when it comes to this story is my characters and their relationships... so that's what I want reviewers to focus on, too. Plot's important to me, too, but that's going to take time to develop. I definitely want detail: what you like, what you don't like, and why you do/don't like it.

Story Qualifiers: I prefer stories about human characters, but I can do ones about Pokemon as long as the characters have a lot of personality. I'd prefer fics that haven't gotten long yet, (1-5 chapters would be ideal), or, for longer fics, if I could review on a chapter-by-chapter basis. I don't have home internet access, so I only get a few hours of web-time a day.

Reciprocates Within: Usually 2 days

Completed Exchanges: None
    Last edited by Hakajin; 5th July 2014 at 10:24 PM.
    These are my fanfics. Read them. Or not, whatever.
    Pokemon Generations: Satsumi's Journey (new!)
    My Fanfiction.net Profile

This is my Tumblr. Read it if you are so inclined.
    The Philosophy of Shipping (shipdr.tumblr.com)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123