Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Community POTW #29

Why don't more sets have T-wave? Everyone talks about this thing's low speed. Shouldn't a little paralysis on the switch go a long way?

Suport Zekrom

Ability:Teravolt
    Item:Light clay/Leftovers
    Nature:Impish/Careful/Bold/Calm
    EV:252HP,252Spd,4Def/252HP,252Def,4Spd

-Light Screen/Reflect/Thunder Wave/Safeguard/Substitute
    -Light Screen/Reflect/Thunder Wave/Safeguard/Substitute
    -Volt Switch/Dragon Tail/Toxic/Substitute/Safeguard
    -Bolt Strike/Outrage/Dragon Claw/Draco Meteor/Dragon Tail/Thunder

Somehow now it seems Zekrom's got a lot o' toys to play with.

Light Screen/Reflect depends on your teams needs.Thunder Wave cripples any non-ground-types.Safeguard protects you and your team from status problems.Substitute works the same way,only affecting Zek though...But you get to survive a hit.

Volt Switch allows you to switch out from Wobbuffet.Dragon Tailphazes.Toxic messes up defensive non-steels like Deoxys-D.

Next few act as the moves that fall into the 'in case you get taunted' category.Bolt Strike is stronger than any other move you got,and it gets STAB.So does Outrage,but it locks you dead in outrage mode,so Dragon Claw doesn't seem so bad right now,despite low power.Draco Meteor hits physical walls hard.And lastly,Thunder.Only to be used with Drizzle support

Light Clay if you are using screens,not so much of screen.Leftovers give you slight HP recovery each turn.Focus Sash is also usable.

Bold/Impish gives you physical bulk.Calm/Careful give you special bulk.A speed raising nature is also usable.

ah , what an unsightly existence ! / illustration : cyawa

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    No, Crunch is still a bad option. Bolt Strike won't run out of PP before Zekrom dies.
    Very true, though Crunch has the odd chance to lower Defense, making it...somewhat an option, I guess...

Granted, you won't really need it most times, but it could be a game-changer if you get the drop before Zekrom faints...I suppose...

Besides, what other options does it really have? Fusion Bolt is very useless, and so is Return. What else can it use besides Hone Claws or Stone Edge?
    I claim Buizel.

Fusion Bolt or Bolt Strike / Outrage / Focus Blast / Draco Meteor. Nothing can safely switch in on this.

No need for Crunch / Stone Edge / whatever.

One reason for Crunch: Giratina. It can switch in on a Bolt Strike and cripple with WoW, and proceed to CM.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    One reason for Crunch: Giratina. It can switch in on a Bolt Strike and cripple with WoW, and proceed to CM.
    *insert Dragon move here*

I guess you have a point... yeah, pointless, except if you like the Defense-lowering chance.. but that can't be relied on.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Fusion Bolt or Bolt Strike / Outrage / Focus Blast / Draco Meteor. Nothing can safely switch in on this.

No need for Crunch / Stone Edge / whatever.
    I still think it'd be better to run T-Wave over one of the special attacks. If something gets paralyzed by Zerkrom, Z-dragon gets the next move.

Quote Originally Posted by daveshan View Post
    I still think it'd be better to run T-Wave over one of the special attacks. If something gets paralyzed by Zerkrom, Z-dragon gets the next move.
    Draco Meteor: Groudon
    Focus Blast: Dialga

Dialga gets 2HKOed; It's useless to paralyse it since it's slower anyway. Predict the switch and Blast it in the face for the 2HKO.
    Ignore, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeoneIGuess View Post
    More important: Ferrothorn.

More important: Ferrothorn.
    More important: Random Bastiodon.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeoneIGuess View Post
    Draco Meteor: Groudon

Dialga gets 2HKOed; It's useless to paralyse it since it's slower anyway. Predict the switch and Blast it in the face for the 2HKO.
    Since, by the looks of its movepool, the mixed set is gonna be the prevalent one, who would switch a dialga into it?

Also, I was thinking the T-wave for more of early game when you're switching around and testing the waters. Landing a paralysis on a scarfed groudon switching in behind one of lugia's screens can do a lot later in the match. Everyone seems to forget that dual-screen lugia is popular.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123