Page 14 of 79 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-competitive trainer's hangout mk. III

I don't think we have tiers. We do flat battles, which in gen 5 is only level 50. That's about allof the rules I can think of that every gym of sorts has to follow. The rest is up to the specific leader (the style of battle, the wonder launcher use, etc.). Them we are divided up into leaders and Elite 4, but I don't think we're there yet...
    I've gotten into IV Breeding. I'll breed any Pokemon that can, just ask and I'll see what I can do!

What happened after Ruby and Sapphire? This is my interpretation. Click the banner to read!
    Latest: Chapter 5: Power Plant Problems
    The banner was made by Brutaka

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

What Blazi said. If and when you arrive in Gateon Port to face me in the electric gym, it'll be a Double Battle of some number of Pokemon (Probably less than six though).

"Tiers" as I think of them fall more on the competitivbe side of things, we kinda just plug in and battle.

Or talk here, mostly.

Feral: I'd like to bring up a poitn for fairness, in the original rules you word it that a flat team of single battles cannot use a wildcard, being 1/3 of the team. Would it not be proper to vhange that though, f those of us in double, triple, and rotation do decide to also play through with less than a full deck* team, since the wildcard would still be making up the same proportion?

----
    Two fic news items from me: 1) Due to illness and Holidays, I have not gotten my Holiday fic done. Moreover, it's rapidly evolving to a point that is further ahead than World Turns and I'm not sure I want to run that many spoilers, so I may end up sidelingin it too (I have a lot of half-baked projects) until next Christmas, though if you guys think it would be alright to do that I'll get it up hopefully by new years.

The other, is that I slept last night. Whilst I was sleeping, I was dreaming. I had a dream that I was on the tail end of a Pokemon Journey, when I stumbled into a town that was dealing with an invasion of Magnezone. I chose to deal with it with an Electivire, which in subsequent chapters I willl reveal was on my original travelling team. I was questioned why I didn't use Blaziken, who is also on my travelling team. What's more, Electivire and I both used jetpacks to move about the city. That jetpack has a correlation to yet a third Pokemon on my team which will be explained in Tempest, World Turns, and possibly in Galactic Files if Blazi takes it that way. Interesting fact, the Magnezone I was facing was shiny, and had no antennae on top, I had not intended the Magnezone that is on Glover's current team to be shiny or malformed, but it's a characteristic that repeated itself into another dream I had last night, so I appearently caught this Magnezone.

So, anyway, yay for Pokemon Dreams that are relevant, and for dreams that I can make into stories easily and be logical! Whoo!

*Some people claim I haven't been playing with a full deck for most of my life...
        Spoiler:- Breeding stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by Glover View Post
    "Tiers" as I think of them fall more on the competitivbe side of things, we kinda just plug in and battle.

Or talk here, mostly.

Feral: I'd like to bring up a poitn for fairness, in the original rules you word it that a flat team of single battles cannot use a wildcard, being 1/3 of the team. Would it not be proper to vhange that though, f those of us in double, triple, and rotation do decide to also play through with less than a full deck* team, since the wildcard would still be making up the same proportion?
    To tiers: if it's not banned on Random Matchup, you should be fine.

To Glover: I don't know if you've played on flat rules too much, and forgive me if I don't quite grasp your meaning. But what I think you're asking is: "if I go into a double battle with 3 pokemon, can I still use a wild card?"
    Well, in Black and White, as I'm sure most have realized, flat doubles and rotation requires you to use 4 pokemon. Singles requires three, and triple requires 6. Since we will play under flat rules, you must bring the above pokemon to your battle. So every double battle will be 4 v 4 and so on.

On an unrelated note: The final installment of A Journeymen Solstice Carol, The End of it All is now up for your holiday enjoyment.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Okay, no I haven't done too much dabbling on Flats, but regardless, in a Double, the Wildcard is 1/4th the team. Is that an acceptable spread, thee monotypes and the wild?

Yes, I'm willing to allow that. It seems like that is a workable ratio, and I fear I may get backlash if I don't concede at some point.

The newest chapter to The Galactic Files is up. The Cold Shoulder. Please go read it and review!
    I've gotten into IV Breeding. I'll breed any Pokemon that can, just ask and I'll see what I can do!

What happened after Ruby and Sapphire? This is my interpretation. Click the banner to read!

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziken10285 View Post
    Yeah, me too, but I think I said "Wanting", as in hoping they can do at least justice to it. Mine is definitely not as good, but I hope it is good enough for people to enjoy reading. By the way, this probably sounds like an extremely stupid question, but where in relation to Unova (or the closest region) is the Tower of Ancients?
    I think the first question to ask is what kind of map are you usig? Do you see the regions as being on one continent, or several, as that will change the distance quite a bit. My original understanding was out past the Middle of Nowhere, east of Civilization, and beyond the Edge of the World. You know, where all that geography we see on the maps that isn't used meets? Were it me, Id put it somewehre north of Kanto/Johto regions.

Just for persoanl styling, I've photoshopped a map I found online (off a blgo, with sadly o credit to the original illustrator) into this: (Figure the Equator runs just above Hoenn throught he middle of the Orange Islands, and that this is only part of a hemisphere)

Obviously though, this isn't gonna look exactly like what Feral sees, or what Blazi sees, so now you get what I mean by distances. The Tower is not on it, but we could throw darts at it and see where one lands...

I personally use Serebii's Pokeearth. Simple, easy, and effective. I then picture Unova to the East, since that is how Japan and the US are located in relation to each other.

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

I personally use Serebii's Pokeearth. Simple, easy, and effective. I then picture Unova to the East, since that is how Japan and the US are located in relation to each other.
    Which is fine, and a fairly popular way to do it. (Though a number of map-makers I've read in forums and Deviantart despise Serebii's Poke-Earth since it doesn't follow what they think a map should look like)

My major design preference, is that Orre region is based on Arizona, should it not be conncted to a region somehow that is based on New York? But then, the map I repurposed has Orre attached distantly to Sinnoh,whoch doesn;t make a whole lot of sense in that respect.

The way I see the world is thus:

To the east, there is a large continent, called Tojoh. To the south, there are the Kanto and Johto regions. There is a an uncharted expanse to the north, which tapers into a narrow land bridge in the mountains. This is the Sinjoh Ruins. If one follows that land bridge, you will eventually arrive near Canalave City in Sinnoh. However, if you veer southeast, you will eventually come to the small province of Almia, an autonomous region under the jurisdiction of Sinnoh (think puerto rico and the US).
    South of Kanto, almost directly south, are the Sevii Islands. To the west of those are Hoenn. Because of it's relatively distant location and the low demand of assistance from other regions, it tends to keep to itself.

Across a large central ocean is another major continent, this one stretching much farther south than Tojoh, but not as far north. It also goes much farther to the west, though most of that is uncharted. So, towards the northern coastal region is Unova. Further north than that is the Flare Gym, and then the icy Far Reaches, much like the Canadian Tundra.
    If one continues west, they will eventually reach Orre, though I never played any of the Gamecube games, so I tend to breeze over them. But if one goes south, and then slightly west of Unova, after a day or two's flight on a fast pokemon, you will reach the tower, in a region south of the plains and on the edge of a mountain area and desert.
    If you keep going further south, you'll reach a jungle, where the ruins were. And further south from that, after more mountains, you will come to a wide flat plain that leads to the antarctic sea.
    West of Orre, as the desert ends, the land again becomes mountainous, and on the other side of those, more fertile.

In the middle of the sea between Tojoh and Unova, there are several large, uncharted islands. Sidhe is one of these.

Default League Revitalized

The time has come, my friends. The Ultimate Journey has begun again!

Now, the ground rules that apply to everyone in the league, leader, elite and challenger alike. These are intended to keep things fair for everyone involved. If enough outcry is generated about one of these rules, for a logical reason, I will change it.

-NO EV TRAINED POKEMON. This is the principle our league is founded on. There is no real way to check this, so you're all on the honor system.

-All battles will be conducted in flat rule. The leader may decide on single, double, triple or rotation battles or some combination thereof.

-If something is banned in flat rules, obviously it is banned here. Sky Drop, and a Smeargle with any banned moves is also not allowed.

-Leaders have a mono-type team. If the battle style is double, triple or rotation battles, the leader may use one wild card of an outside type

-Challenges are to be arranged via PM or VM. Challengers or leaders can post in the thread to report the outcome of battles, but arrange them privately

-Leaders must come online at least once every two weeks to check for league-wide communications or challenges. If you do not, your status is revoked

-One Hit KO moves (Horn Drill, Fissure, Sheer Cold and Guillotine) are banned.

-A league-wide species and item clause is in effect. A team cannot have two of the same pokemon, nor can two pokemon have the same item.

-Leaders are responsible for getting their own badges. I personally have found Northern Lights to be very accommodating, and allows people to use her badges at their leisure, just so long as she is credited.

-Challengers, once they have a badge to their name, can make a "badge case" post, where they can show off their victories.

-Leaders can make their own rules for their gyms, but those rules are subject to review by myself at any time.

Now, onto the list of leaders. These can be challenged in any order, though the gym leaders must be defeated before challenging the elite four. Should any restructuring go on in the league, and a leader changes or loses a position, the challenger's victory is still valid. They do not have to challenge the leader's replacement. There are nine leaders so that other gym leaders can challenge all eight gyms, and if there is one you absolutely can't win against, you have another option.

Gym Leaders:
    1. Wartiger97, Grass: Trysten, the Forester
    2. Keyo61491, Poison
    3. Blaziken10285, Fighting: Dave, the Dojo Master
    4. Nox_Invictus, Ice: Mathieu, The Frost Wizard
    5. Gokuzaru, Rock: Gold, the Rock Solid Soldier
    6. Glover, Electric: Glover, Protector of Orre
    7. Dittodude63, Ghost: Samuel Specter, the Ghost Host
    8. ThePhoenixarisen9, Steel; The Iron Phoenix
    9. TheNorthWind, Dark: Clair the Eclair

Elite Four:
    1. Dracoburn, Flying: Becca, the Mistress of the Mountains
    2. Aqua Tyrant Tysuya, Water
    3. NaturalTrainer, Dragon: The Gentleman
    4. Feralninja, Fire: Cole, the Firebrand

Champion:
    ???, ???

I thought it might be kind of fun if the other leaders did something like I have, their in-game name, followed by some kind of title, just like in the games, on the signs outside the gym.
    If another person wants to sign on as a leader, the spot is open. I can do some restructuring if you don't think you're cut out to be an elite.

Also, no, I do not need a Champion. The identity is secret, until someone fights their way up there.

Now. Leaders have two weeks to make a gym post, detailing their rules and how to challenge them. Once those posts are made, I will link them to this post. This will make finding leaders easy. Click on the username to go to the leader's profile, and then the type to go to the gym.

If these posts are not made in two weeks, I will rescind your leadership.

Now, there's a long journey ahead of you! Best get started! The other leaders and I eagerly await your arrival, and may the winds of fortune blow favorably upon you!

I learned that when there is no hope, no victory to be had, our destiny may well be to fall. Perhaps we have no better option than to give up and fall with the rest. But I'll be damned if I don't at least try!
    Last edited by Firebrand; 11th August 2012 at 11:20 PM.

Default The Flare Gym

Deep within the Autumn Forest, far to the north of Unova, there stands a stone tower, brazenly jutting up against the heavens. The land is marked by the scars of battles, some old, some heartbreakingly new.
    The gym leader here, the mighty Firebrand, is feared for his battle prowess the world over. Even after an arduous journey, challengers must not let their guards down. A heated battle is about to unfold, between two blazing, passionate spirits.

Name: Cole
    Friend Code: 1807 1534 4502

Welcome, challengers. Before we begin, I must lay down some ground rules.

1. A challenger must win two out of three battles to get my badge. The first battle is rotation, the second is a double battle, and the third is a single battle. However, recently I've had some issues doing wifi rotation battles, so if such a problem occurs, the first battle will be single, and then if the challenger makes it to the third battle (and they won't), we will try rotation again. If this still doesn't work, it will be another single battle, and I will use a slightly different team.

2. Should you lose, you must wait one day before having a rematch. Not twenty four hours exactly, but a decent passage of time. I have a life outside of you. That said, you may challenge and arrange a rematch immediately following battle.

3. The word blaze must be in your challenge, to show you have read the rules.

4. No pokemon considered "legendary" are allowed, regardless of whether they are banned or not. So pokemon like the bird trio, the beast trio, the muskateers, the kami, the latis, and the regis are all banned. Also, "uber" pokemon (which means Garchomp, Blaziken, Wobbuffet and Excadrill) are also banned.

5. Stealth Rock is banned in my gym.

6. On the minute chance you happen to defeat me, please credit Northern Lights wherever you put my badge.

7. Not a rule, per say, but if you want to role-play your way into my gym, I'd be happy to reciprocate

8. Above all else, you must have fun. That's an order!

The Firebrand folded his arms as the wind played through his hair. His long leather coat made a soft sound as he shifted his shoulders and tightened his scarf against the slight chill. The Charizard at his side growled softly. They watched from the top of the tower as the challenger struggled through the Forest to reach him.
    Yes, this one may show promise. Perhaps, perhaps...

Cole's Badge Case:
        Spoiler:- NCTHUJ Badge Case:
    Last edited by Firebrand; 18th March 2012 at 6:06 PM.

Default My Rules and Whatnot

My turn, take two:

Name: Dave the Dojo Master
    FC: 3739-8865-6791
    Fighting Leader

On the top of Mt. Chimney in the Hoenn Region is my Trainer Hangout Resort and Ranch. I have built a dojo here with my Pokemon to train, and it will be the place where you and I wage battle.

Rules:

1. Battle Style: Flat Battle. I do best two out of three. There will be one rotation and one single. If it comes to a tiebreaker, whichever style you lost in earlier will be chosen. No mic or Wonder Launcher.

2. If you quit before a win or change your team you will be counted as losing

3. If you do lose, then wait about two days. This will give you and me to change up our teams for a rematch

4. To know you read this, put the term "punch" in your challenge form.

5. In regards to ubers and legendary Pokemon, ubers are ok and Unova minor legends are allowed.

6. When/If you win you will receive the Fist Badge. Please credit Glover when you use it. If you challenged me as a Psychic leader, the badge is still acceptable.

7.Be my guest to role-play in your challenge. I'll play along. If the battle is fun enough you might find yourself in my fic.

8.Do your best, have a good time, because that is the meaning of a VIDEO GAME

9. To challenge me, go to my page and VM or PM me!

I wait with quiet anticipation for the next challenger to face my warriors on top of my volcanic home.

Spoiler:- Badges and Symbols:
    Last edited by Blaziken10285; 18th June 2012 at 6:00 AM.

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Note: Badge shown larger than scale. Won Badge gifs will include date of victiry and victor's name, so please wait for me to PM those to you, donb't recycle this one.

"Good Afternoon! Friends and Fans of the ONBS! I am Ancha, and I have a number exciting topic to bring you today, including the opening of a third gym in the Orre region! To talk about it, here's Gateon's own Glover."

"Thank you, Ancha. A number of trainers have compiled a global competion League, sanctioned and recognized under the Recreational Codes of the Offical League. This new competiton is being hosted by the Journeymen, who have graciously allowed me the opportunity to host an Electric Gym right here. All interested competitors should contact me through Serebii via PM or on my wall, mention the phrase "Lightning Gym challenge" or put it in the subject line, and arrive at Gateon Port on the scheduled day. All competitors will be hosted in the old Kaminko mansion, now also the site of the Orre region's still unnofffical dark type gym, and a special thank you to Crissy for letting me borrow her space.

First however, there are a few things that perspective challengers must know.

• All battles will be held in the Doubles format, using four Pokemon each. No more, no less.
    • No Pokemon will be admitted who qualify as "Legendary".
    • If you win, you shall recieve a special badge just as soon as we get them stamped out.
    • Those who fail to win are asked to wait a day before a rematch, however I may not be able to schedule you until well after that, so please be understanding.
    • Also, there;s a good chance that challenges will get role-played and or war storied in the NCTH thread by me, if you wish to actively take part, then by all means let me know, and I wil gladly reciprocate.
    • Finally, please be sure you are up on the NCTH League wide rules as well.

FC: 4513 6561 7703

I look eagerly forward to those who choose to face me in the Gym of Mad Science.

"Thank you Glover. that sound like fun. And now, the weather."
    Last edited by Glover; 13th September 2012 at 1:45 AM.

Just a question, but can leaders, just for fun, challenge other Leader and Elites?

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Just a question, but can leaders, just for fun, challenge other Leader and Elites?
    Sure, in fact, thats why there are nine leaders. I digure most challengers will come from within the league anyway. I myself plan on taking all of you down.

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    Sure, in fact, thats why there are nine leaders. I digure most challengers will come from within the league anyway. I myself plan on taking all of you down.
    I'll be anticipating your challenge, and I guess I'll try too, with my multityped team.

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

At the top of Celestial Tower in the Unova region, there is a gym. A gym filled with ghosts, ghouls, and specters. A gym where you can challenge the mighty Samuel Specter(psuedonym), the Ghost Host!

Rules:
    • Rotation Battle, 4-on-4.
    • Some Legendaries are allowed, they are Zapdos, Moltres, Articuno, Entei, Suicune, Raikou, Regirock, Regiice, Registeel, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Tornadus, Thundurus, Phione, Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion. All others are banned.
    • NO hacked or EV trained Pokemon. Vitamin use is fine.
    • No unreleased DW abilities or items that haven't been released in Gen 5.
    • No Wonder Launcher.

NEW THING! As Nintendo WFC is EXTREMEMLY frustrating, I will also do gym battles on the simulator known as Pokemon Showdown. Since they don't support Rotation, it will be a single battle on the uber tier, to allow for Blaziken, Garchomp and others. ONLY BRING FOUR POKEMON. It is browser-based, so no download is necessary, and you don't even really have to make an account. This is my preferred place for gym battles, though I will still do them on wi-fi if someone specifically requests that.
    Last edited by DittoDude; 11th August 2012 at 3:52 PM.
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon (because they're banned), I don't calculate stat values (the simulator does it for me), I don't use cheating devices (because I hardly ever play the actual game), I don't breed my way to perfection (because I use a simulator), and I do care about natures. I battle the most efficient way, so I can use my strategic skills to the fullest. I don't look down on others because of the way they play Pokemon, which non-competitive people seem to actually do more often. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by DittoDude.)

As an aside, which I feel got overshadowed in the league post:
    I think it would be fun if every leader came up with a specific custom title, much like on the signs outside gyms in the game, like "Clay, the Underground Boss" or "Brycen, Ice Mask". I'll put these in the league post, and... I dunno, no pressure to do it, I just think it'd be fun.

Located on P2 island there is a lab, in that lab, is a stadium, in that stadium there is a professor, that professor is your challenge. Think you can beat him?
    Name:Xander aka Professor X
    FC: Need to look that up
    Rules: Single battle three-on-three, Some legendaries are banned, I can't think of them all off the top of my head, but pretty much the "box" legends. Also, any "Uber" tiered pokemon. All league wide rules apply.

So I came up with the title that I have used in my fic. Once again, sorry about not updating that, but I just haven't "felt" it lately, and don't really have the time. I have been keeping up with the others though, and I hope that soon I can get back to writing man.

Also, thanks to Feralninja for getting this league together, it can't have been easy, and we all appreciate your work!
    3DS FC:0533-4900-6084

Before you criticize someone walk a mile in thier shoes, that way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have thier shoes.

Shiny Expert: Xander
    After Xander loses the Unova League, he gets a mysterious call from Prof. Rowan saying that he must come back and see what he's found. Xander has no idea what's in store for him.

Newmoon Island, once the home of Darkrai. Now it is the location of a Gym, which focuses on Dark Types.
    Name:Clare the Eclair.[I chose a female character for that specific run of Black, and I have yet to go through the hassle of restarting the game to pick a male character.]
    FC:0562 0150 4093
    Rules:
    Battle style will be decided upon by each challenger.
    No Wonder Launcher.
    The only legendaries allowed are the Bird Trio and the Dog Trio. All other legendaries and Ubers are banned.
    All League-wide rules apply, of course.
    Challenges will be best out of 3 battles.
    Last edited by TheNorthWind; 6th February 2012 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by :342: View Post
    Name:Clare the Eclair.
    You must realize that for all fic purposes, you will always and forever be Nate, resident pain in Cole's arse. That character is just too blissfully wicked for us to throw away.

In the mountains north of Lavender Town lies an old abandoned hospital, now secretly occupied by Dr.Annie Dote, not only a specialist in poisons and antidotes but also a poison type Gym Leader.

Name: Keyo
    White FC: Read the sig

Rules:
    1:Battle Style will be Single battle using three pokemon each. We will battle best 2 out of 3 and you are allowed to sub pokemon, so bring 6 pokemon with you anyway

3:No legendaries. This includes but is not limited to: bird trio, the beast trio, the muskateers, the kami, the latis, and the regis

3:I shouldn't have to say this but for the sake of clarifying the second half of this rule: No Hacked pokemon. If I suspect that you're using a hacked pokemon, you will be disqualified, and the match will be treated as your loss

3.1/2:You are only allowed 1 (one) shiny pokemon per team.(That means 1 out of 6 pokemon). I don't care if you can somehow prove that they are legit. If you bring more than one shiny, I will suspect that you are using hacked pokemon and disqualify you. NO EXEPTIONS

4:If you so happen to lose or get disqualified, you must wait at least one day for a rematch. For those who were disqualified, you must use a different team than our first battle. You can use up to three of the pokemon from the previous battle, but absolutly no shinies whatsoever.

5:Wonder Launcher may not be used

6:NCTH league rules still apply (duh)

7:Should you win you will recieve the "Syringe Badge" which will most likely look nothing like a syringe...deal with it.

[Shall edit later]
    Last edited by Keyo61491; 28th December 2011 at 11:23 PM.
    PKMN HG FC:2279-6353-8463
    PKMN WHT FC:3654-4053-1864
    PKMN WHT 2 FC: 3311-3936-8560

If you are challenging my gym, I'm best available from 7:30pm - 8:45pm on weekdays EST. Weekends are questionable.
    Pass phrase: Piiiiiikafett!
    The Syringe Badge: Good news is, it actually DOES look like a syringe! Bad news, The running gag is now dead.

So, stupid question, I' still missing faces here. I haven't seen Dracoburn step into the thread for sometime, and there's a few others. Good to see the odl crew still around in some form, but I would love to be able to meet the legends, so to speak.

Mt. Moon, Mt. Ember, Mt. Mortar, Mt. Chimney, Mt. Coronet, Stark Mountain, Twist Mountain, Countless Caves and the many Victory Roads: all conquered by GOLD, The Rock Solid Soldier. Are you up to the challenge of mountain man? Do you have the rock hard determination to defeat the rock master? Challenge and find out.

Rules:
    1. Single Battle
    2. Must challenge me at least twice to defeat BOTH sets of my pokemon (only cause flat rules say we can only use three)
    3. ?????
    4. Profit.... no wait, NO wonder launcher
    5. Basic league rules
    6. Well, challenge me and i'll get to the interesting 6th rule...
    For years you have all roamed this earth searching for what is most important to you. Have you found it? Yeah, you have, you just don't know it yet.

Page 14 of 79 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast