Page 18 of 79 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast
Results 426 to 450 of 1954

Thread: Non-competitive trainer's hangout mk. III

  1. #426
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In your head.
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Teaching my apprentice the way of the Gyarados.

    Felt that I should post SOME KIND OF NEWS because of the recent relative inactivity of the group. Yayspam?
    "Trainer: We would like to invite you to try your hand at a new kind of challenge. The League of Heroes is a league of world-class battlers, with its own set of leaders and elite four members. If you are interested, please mail your invitation to the location listed below with your RSVP and we will send you a map with the locations of our gyms.
    Yours truly, the Elite Four of the NCTH
    Tower of the Ancients, Unova"



    If you challenge our league and are lucky enough to get to me, you have a shot at winning the Mountain Heights Symbol. Credit to Northern Lights for the badge.

    Name- Becca
    Diamond friend code-
    4554-1150-2912
    Black friend code-
    0175-5378-5095

  2. #427
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Strawberry Fields Forever.
    Posts
    367

    Default

    Hey everyone, I was thinking, what if we set up a club store? We could take Pokemon and item donations, and award money usable there for certain club actions.
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon (because they're banned), I don't calculate stat values (the simulator does it for me), I don't use cheating devices (because I hardly ever play the actual game), I don't breed my way to perfection (because I use a simulator), and I do care about natures. I battle the most efficient way, so I can use my strategic skills to the fullest. I don't look down on others because of the way they play Pokemon, which non-competitive people seem to actually do more often. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by DittoDude.)

  3. #428
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Gateon area, Orre
    Posts
    499

    Default

    What would we need money for, what other wicked ideas are churning in your mind?
        Spoiler:- Breeding stuff:

  4. #429
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Strawberry Fields Forever.
    Posts
    367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glover View Post
    What would we need money for, what other wicked ideas are churning in your mind?
    I meant points to buy things in the shop with. It would just be a fun way to reward active users.
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon (because they're banned), I don't calculate stat values (the simulator does it for me), I don't use cheating devices (because I hardly ever play the actual game), I don't breed my way to perfection (because I use a simulator), and I do care about natures. I battle the most efficient way, so I can use my strategic skills to the fullest. I don't look down on others because of the way they play Pokemon, which non-competitive people seem to actually do more often. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by DittoDude.)

  5. #430
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    1,948

    Default

    As much as I don't like raining on any ideas... I don't see the feasibility of this one. There's not much to "buy", and the points system would get hectic fast. I think we in the group are decent enough people that if someone needs and item or pokemon, we'll help them out from the goodness of our hearts, or at least strike a fair trade bargain.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

    Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

  6. #431

    Default

    Excuse my extreme inactivity, but i saw that there was an open slot in the e4. Anyone please inform me on that... please?

    And also, is iv and nature breeding allowed, since, you know, its not EV training, technically... Don't flame me, i was just wondering.

    When you aren't on for this long, you start forgetting things...

    EDIT: Seeing as how I am going to need every opportunity to hone my skills, i was wondering if anybody could mentor me..... please...?
    Last edited by ThePhoenixarisen9; 13th January 2012 at 1:07 PM.

  7. #432
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Strawberry Fields Forever.
    Posts
    367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    As much as I don't like raining on any ideas... I don't see the feasibility of this one. There's not much to "buy", and the points system would get hectic fast. I think we in the group are decent enough people that if someone needs and item or pokemon, we'll help them out from the goodness of our hearts, or at least strike a fair trade bargain.
    Well then, does anyone have a Choice Band for trade? I have evolution stones.
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon (because they're banned), I don't calculate stat values (the simulator does it for me), I don't use cheating devices (because I hardly ever play the actual game), I don't breed my way to perfection (because I use a simulator), and I do care about natures. I battle the most efficient way, so I can use my strategic skills to the fullest. I don't look down on others because of the way they play Pokemon, which non-competitive people seem to actually do more often. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by DittoDude.)

  8. #433
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Gateon area, Orre
    Posts
    499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DittoDude63 View Post
    Well then, does anyone have a Choice Band for trade? I have evolution stones.
    Considering I've never mastered the Choice items, yeah. I've got one I could part with. (too bad though we can't pass 'em on from old generations...)

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenixarisen9 View Post
    Excuse my extreme inactivity, but i saw that there was an open slot in the e4. Anyone please inform me on that... please?

    And also, is iv and nature breeding allowed, since, you know, its not EV training, technically... Don't flame me, i was just wondering.

    When you aren't on for this long, you start forgetting things...

    EDIT: Seeing as how I am going to need every opportunity to hone my skills, i was wondering if anybody could mentor me..... please...?
    Hello, and welcome (back?)! I'm not Feral, but my gut would say yes to breeding and no to IVs, but mostly because Natures are the only thing I truly understand...
        Spoiler:- Breeding stuff:

  9. #434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glover View Post
    Considering I've never mastered the Choice items, yeah. I've got one I could part with. (too bad though we can't pass 'em on from old generations...)



    Hello, and welcome (back?)! I'm not Feral, but my gut would say yes to breeding and no to IVs, but mostly because Natures are the only thing I truly understand...
    Well, at least you responded...

    And actually, iv breeding is quite simple. Flawless ditto FTW.

  10. #435
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Gateon area, Orre
    Posts
    499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenixarisen9 View Post
    Hello, and welcome (back?)! I'm not Feral, but my gut would say yes to breeding and no to IVs, but mostly because Natures are the only thing I truly understand...
    Well, at least you responded...[/QUOTE]

    Eh, everyone's getitng back into College, so school picking up probably has everyone tied up at the moment.

    Author question: In-universe. You're a trainer with a Herdier. You're trying to teach the dogmon Ice Fang, a genetically possible move that through Darwinistic evolution and domesticated breeding, has fallen out of a Herdier's natural repretoire. (My apologies to the French for butchering that word) How do you explain to the Herdier where to pull the ice energy from?

    For Example, Fire Fang is fueled by natural body heat, and Thunder Fang may come from the static charge in the herider's fur. But where doe one summon cold from?
        Spoiler:- Breeding stuff:

  11. #436

    Default

    Blowing out cool air, then chilling it into fangs? Just guessing.

  12. #437
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Gateon area, Orre
    Posts
    499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenixarisen9 View Post
    Blowing out cool air, then chilling it into fangs? Just guessing.
    that's a good though, but have you ever had a dog breathe on you? it's not cold.

    Hmm. Their nose is though...
        Spoiler:- Breeding stuff:

  13. #438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glover View Post
    that's a good though, but have you ever had a dog breathe on you? it's not cold.

    Hmm. Their nose is though...
    I actually have had my dog breathe on me. It's not cold, I can say that.

    But yes to the nose thing. It is cold.

    I'm trying to get an idea...

  14. #439
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Gateon area, Orre
    Posts
    499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenixarisen9 View Post
    I actually have had my dog breathe on me. It's not cold, I can say that.

    But yes to the nose thing. It is cold.

    I'm trying to get an idea...
    I'm wondering now though, what attack could I turn a Dog's breath into?

    Off to the 'Dex!

    EDIT: Hmm. Looks liek the only move Herider can learn poison wise is Toxic, and I don't think that's what I was wanting...
    Last edited by Glover; 14th January 2012 at 12:30 AM.
        Spoiler:- Breeding stuff:

  15. #440
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    1,948

    Default

    Personally, I think it's something to do with pokemon being able to control their body temperatures. So for example, Hitmonchan learning the elemental punches. As you said, thunder punch comes from built up static charge, much like an electric eel. Fire and Ice moves learned by non-fire and ice type pokemon are performed by them controlling their body temperatures, perhaps through some form of low level ESP (which, at least in Hero's Path canon, is becoming more and more involved, but even outside of that is confirmed to exist in pokemon).

    Phoenix... I'll be in touch with you privately. While I discourage IV breeding, a pokemon with strong IVs is not banned by any means. For example, the Charizard I'm using for my SS theme run has a spec attack + nature, and 31 Ivs in spec attack. It's natural (believe it or not... I was just damned lucky).

    EDIT: the next chapter of Hero's Path, Clouded Future, is up.
    Last edited by Firebrand; 14th January 2012 at 2:30 AM.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

    Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

  16. #441

    Default

    I have decided...

    I shall be making a fanfic. It shall be called "The Rise of the Phoenix." If anybody wants a character of their's put in the fic, just tell me name, personality, etc., and I'll do the best I can. Wish me luck.

  17. #442
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Gateon area, Orre
    Posts
    499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenixarisen9 View Post
    I have decided...

    I shall be making a fanfic. It shall be called "The Rise of the Phoenix." If anybody wants a character of their's put in the fic, just tell me name, personality, etc., and I'll do the best I can. Wish me luck.
    Good for you! Will this be in line with the NCTH "universe" or in your own?
        Spoiler:- Breeding stuff:

  18. #443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glover View Post
    Good for you! Will this be in line with the NCTH "universe" or in your own?
    I'm not sure yet. It could quite possibly tie in somehow. I do need to see if people want their characters put in or not.

    EDIT: I'm trying to decide between a team for my game. Should I go with a grass team, a steel team, or a ground team? Leave opinions, please.
    Last edited by ThePhoenixarisen9; 14th January 2012 at 11:24 PM.

  19. #444
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Gateon area, Orre
    Posts
    499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenixarisen9 View Post
    I'm not sure yet. It could quite possibly tie in somehow. I do need to see if people want their characters put in or not.
    Kinda why I was asking. I'm trying to Keep Glover and Janie's appearences cross-media at least somewhat lateral with my own fics. There are a few things that won't work, since for example Feral was so nice to kill off N in League of Heroes and I kinda still need the post-B/W crew for my stories as well, but the NCTH and Journeymen League will make an appearence and stay fairly true to each portrayal.
        Spoiler:- Breeding stuff:

  20. #445

    Default

    Completely understandable. I should probably write a "Demo" of sorts, to get a general idea.

    I wonder what happened to "Journeymen"...

  21. #446
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Gateon area, Orre
    Posts
    499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenixarisen9 View Post
    Completely understandable. I should probably write a "Demo" of sorts, to get a general idea.

    I wonder what happened to "Journeymen"...
    "Journeymen" went with Displeased Owl, the no good buggar.

    Little rundown for you though: In using Colosseum lands three years or so beforeXD: Gale of Darkness (The Gamecube Games) apart. There's an additional two years between "Gale" and "League of Heroes", and another two between LoH and the Hoenn saga of Xander's fic, "Prof. X", which is where my "Tempest" is going to take place as well. Blaziken's Glactic Files" falls fairly close to the end of that saga, though with Glover involved I need some time to make the change between stories, as by that point Glover has a family. "World Turns" (my fic) falls another four years after there, and is going to be fairly concurrent with current game and anime status. (That's a hint, folks)

    By "Tempest", Janie is six, Glover's a father, so there's not a whole lot to be done with him, as he wants to stay close to his family. "World Turns" marks the beginning of Janie's journey and a look into what it is Glover does on a much larger scale than "Tempest".

    and this iso the point where you say that you know nothing about the Orre region, or the Gamecube games, break my heart, and force me to not throttle you with a rolled up walkthrough guide. [/sarcasm]

    Have I got that right?
        Spoiler:- Breeding stuff:

  22. #447

    Default

    I have both the gamecube games. I know the orre region. It's one of my favorite regions. The GC games are two of my favorite games.

    Thanks for the lesson on the time periods of the fics. I'm going to take a guess and say your character isn't going to be my fic, right?

    I still need some opnions on the team type thing. Check one of my earlier posts to see what I mean.

    I will say this. Most of my fic will be in Sinnoh. The time period still needs deciding.
    Last edited by ThePhoenixarisen9; 15th January 2012 at 3:04 AM.

  23. #448
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Gateon area, Orre
    Posts
    499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenixarisen9 View Post
    It's one of my favorite regions.
    THANK YOU! I was surprised the niumber of people on here who never played the Orre games

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenixarisen9 View Post
    Thanks for the lesson on the time periods of the fics. I'm going to take a guess and say your character isn't going to be my fic, right?
    Now now, I wouldn't jump to conclusions. I still want to know what you're doing, afterall, but I' gonna go out on a limb and say you're looking at a past-set timeline?
        Spoiler:- Breeding stuff:

  24. #449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glover View Post
    THANK YOU! I was surprised the niumber of people on here who never played the Orre games

    Now now, I wouldn't jump to conclusions. I still want to know what you're doing, afterall, but I' gonna go out on a limb and say you're looking at a past-set timeline?
    The problem is I haven't set my timeline. I'll do that tomorrow or Monday. And one other thing. I need to know what you mean by past-set timeline. I have a few ideas after hearing that, but I want to know EXACTLY what you meant...

    Still need opinions on team type and strategies... Anybody? Come on...

  25. #450
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Gateon area, Orre
    Posts
    499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenixarisen9 View Post
    The problem is I haven't set my timeline. I'll do that tomorrow or Monday. And one other thing. I need to know what you mean by past-set timeline. I have a few ideas after hearing that, but I want to know EXACTLY what you meant...

    Still need opinions on team type and strategies... Anybody? Come on...
    Past-setting, as in somewhere before what we are doing now. (World Turns, Hero's Path are both current. Everything else is the past, even though we're writing them now)

    I've been avoiding team setup questions as I'm not so good at them myself. (As in, I'm 0-2 on gym battles) Also, if you post it here, we all know what strategy you're running and can counter it. For example, I'm not going to tell you I'm running a ____________ with __________ and a ___________ item.
        Spoiler:- Breeding stuff:

Page 18 of 79 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •