Page 19 of 79 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-competitive trainer's hangout mk. III

Quote Originally Posted by Glover View Post
    Past-setting, as in somewhere before what we are doing now. (World Turns, Hero's Path are both current. Everything else is the past, even though we're writing them now)

I've been avoiding team setup questions as I'm not so good at them myself. (As in, I'm 0-2 on gym battles) Also, if you post it here, we all know what strategy you're running and can counter it. For example, I'm not going to tell you I'm running a ____________ with __________ and a ___________ item.
    I just need type suggestions. Should I go with a steel team, a ground team, or a grass team? It was my mistake to put strategies on there. I didn't mean to.

Well, that's more up to you. I went witht he elctric type because I looked at my signature and noticed that in my two teams built of Pokemon I like, I have four electric types. Does that help you any?

All possible types not taken:
    Normal
    Grass
    Ground
    Bug
    Steel

Got any favorites?
    Last edited by Glover; 15th January 2012 at 3:41 AM.
        Spoiler:- Breeding stuff:

Well, that's more up to you. I went witht he elctric type because I looked at my signature and noticed that in my two teams built of Pokemon I like, I have four electric types. Does that help you any?

All possible types not taken:
    Normal
    Grass
    Ground
    Bug
    Steel

Got any favorites?
    I particularly like steel and grass, steel cuz I have a strategy that kicks arse (super trollin), and a cool nickname, or grass, cuz of diversity, and a certain trollsnake that kicks arse with contrary... I don't believe it's legal yet, though...

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenixarisen9 View Post
    I particularly like steel and grass, steel cuz I have a strategy that kicks arse, and a cool nickname, or grass, cuz of diversity, and a certain trollsnake that kicks arse with contrary... I don't believe it's legal yet, though...
    Sadly, no, I've been wanting a Contrary Surpeior as well. Sounds like A) You need a Ferrothorn, and B) I need to get a bigger book of matches. Also, a lot of moves that are a hinderence, like Overheat. Mwahahaha!!!

Sadly, no, I've been wanting a Contrary Surpeior as well. Sounds like A) You need a Ferrothorn, and B) I need to get a bigger book of matches. Also, a lot of moves that are a hinderence, like Overheat. Mwahahaha!!!
    Penguin. That's all I have to say. You figure out the rest.
    Last edited by ThePhoenixarisen9; 15th January 2012 at 3:54 PM.

Makes me wanna write a fan fic, But I don't have the patience, or the writing skill
    PKMN HG FC:2279-6353-8463
    PKMN WHT FC:3654-4053-1864
    PKMN WHT 2 FC: 3311-3936-8560

If you are challenging my gym, I'm best available from 7:30pm - 8:45pm on weekdays EST. Weekends are questionable.
    Pass phrase: Piiiiiikafett!
    The Syringe Badge: Good news is, it actually DOES look like a syringe! Bad news, The running gag is now dead.

Penguin. That's all I have to say. You figure out the rest.
    Nobody got what I meant by that? I'll give you a hint. It's a pokemon. Penguin... Pokemon... Anybody?

*sigh*... Anyways, I think what I'll do is make a grass and steel team, and see which is better. Two questions...

1. Are certain legendaries, like the regi trio, the muskateer trio, etc., allowed?

2. Are the pokemon supposed to be lv. 50 or 100?
    Last edited by ThePhoenixarisen9; 15th January 2012 at 3:59 PM.

Nobody got what I meant by that? I'll give you a hint. It's a pokemon. Penguin... Pokemon... Anybody?

*sigh*... Anyways, I think what I'll do is make a grass and steel team, and see which is better. Two questions...

1. Are certain legendaries, like the regi trio, the muskateer trio, etc., allowed?

2. Are the pokemon supposed to be lv. 50 or 100?
    I left, but I'm not sure what you want to do with a Delibird off the top of my head, I'll have to hit up Bulbapedia.

Duh, forgot about ol' trident face.

1) In general, a few of the side-show legendaries are allowed, but I can tell you right off that the majority of us have in place a "No Legendaries" clause in our own gyms. One allows only the Dogs and Birds though.

2)All matches are held via Flat rules. If the PKMN are above level 50, they will temporarily be de-leveled, all those under I'm not sure of, but remember that the EVs and IVs collected naturally through training will be under those that have been de-leveled.

THANK YOU! I was surprised the niumber of people on here who never played the Orre games

Now now, I wouldn't jump to conclusions. I still want to know what you're doing, afterall, but I' gonna go out on a limb and say you're looking at a past-set timeline?
    Ya know what? I will make a past-set fic. This will be before the events of any other fic in the NCTH. I will probably have the first chapter up today or tomorrow. I need to know if anybody wants their characters in my fic. If so, pm me character details. Thanks!

Thank you for answering the questions, Glover.

Ya know what? I will make a past-set fic. This will be before the events of any other fic in the NCTH. I will probably have the first chapter up today or tomorrow. I need to know if anybody wants their characters in my fic. If so, pm me character details. Thanks!

Thank you for answering the questions, Glover.

Ya velcome. One more question, will you be wanting to do anything makor with the Orre region, sinc eit is one of your favs, so that I can leave room for you?

Also, I feel obligated to point out that the P in the "You are Pikachu" looks like the Harry Potter logo...

that's not a good thing.

Ya velcome. One more question, will you be wanting to do anything makor with the Orre region, sinc eit is one of your favs, so that I can leave room for you?

Also, I feel obligated to point out that the P in the "You are Pikachu" looks like the Harry Potter logo...

that's not a good thing.
    If you meant major instead of makor, then quite possibly yes, since it one of my favorite regions, and Phoenix was originally going to be from Orre.

And I believe you mean Gateon port instead of Geaton harbor in the where you are from....

Please note this:

When I upload chapter 1, if you say it is kinda short, then my apologies. It is just an introductory chapter. It is purposely short.

If you meant major instead of makor, then quite possibly yes, since it one of my favorite regions, and Phoenix was originally going to be from Orre.

And I believe you mean Gateon port instead of Geaton harbor in the where you are from....

Please note this:

When I upload chapter 1, if you say it is kinda short, then my apologies. It is just an introductory chapter. It is purposely short.
    No problem. And orignally, yes, Gateon Harbor was a typo, however I plan to retcon that, because the PKMN Lab is a bit further out from Gateon, and Glover's house is to be on the other side of the Lab Ranch (being originally his property for aquisition reasons that was then deeded to the Lab when it was recognized as an entitiy), so Gateon Harbor will become correct, being a suburb of Gateon Port and still on the inlet, but not a direct part of the port.

Nya!

Ok, I can definitely say this:

The first chapter will be up today.

I'm considering adding a clause banning OHKO moves on a league-wide basis. Am I overstepping myself here, or does that seem fair? I don't think many people here even use those kinds of moves, but in case it comes up... the accuracy is terrible, and it's not fun for anyone. So, thoughts?

Basically, the rule would say: "One Hit KO moves (Horn Drill, Fissure, Guillotine, and Sheer Cold) are banned."
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Lost my first gym battle to Feral.
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon (because they're banned), I don't calculate stat values (the simulator does it for me), I don't use cheating devices (because I hardly ever play the actual game), I don't breed my way to perfection (because I use a simulator), and I do care about natures. I battle the most efficient way, so I can use my strategic skills to the fullest. I don't look down on others because of the way they play Pokemon, which non-competitive people seem to actually do more often. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by DittoDude.)

I say go ahead and ban it.

Quote Originally Posted by :342: View Post
    I say go ahead and ban it.
    I second that motion.

I've run across several Leagues in my surfing, and you would not be the first to put forth a OHKO Clause, so I'll third the motion. All in favor?

Aye............
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon (because they're banned), I don't calculate stat values (the simulator does it for me), I don't use cheating devices (because I hardly ever play the actual game), I don't breed my way to perfection (because I use a simulator), and I do care about natures. I battle the most efficient way, so I can use my strategic skills to the fullest. I don't look down on others because of the way they play Pokemon, which non-competitive people seem to actually do more often. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by DittoDude.)

The first chapter of The Rise of the Phoenix, Introduction, is up. Read it, and tell me what you think, guys and gals. Seeing as it is the first chapter (my introductory chapter, more or less), there is more dialogue than action, so pardon me for that.
    Last edited by ThePhoenixarisen9; 17th February 2012 at 1:39 PM.

Now I must figure out how to put a link from the first chapter of my fic to here...

Read it, and tell me what you think, guys and gals. Seeing as it is the first chapter (my introductory chapter, more or less), there is more dialogue than action, so pardon me for that.
    Across the header for the post it's in is a number, right click on that and select "Copy URL" Then open it up here, click in the poist box, and press CTRL+V. Voila!

EDIT: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpos...86&postcount=1

I've made the change to the rules. Yay?

Motion carried.

Also, I've gone and done it: Prologue/Chapter 1 to Tempest, complete with a list of where it falls in the NCTH canon as well as my own, is now up. Please rip it to pieces, as this is additional rehearsal for World Turns

Read me!

Hey guys, I posted an ending chapter to Friends of Draco and the first chapter of Draco's Quest. Some members of the league are mentioned, so you might want to give it a once-over.
    "Trainer: We would like to invite you to try your hand at a new kind of challenge. The League of Heroes is a league of world-class battlers, with its own set of leaders and elite four members. If you are interested, please mail your invitation to the location listed below with your RSVP and we will send you a map with the locations of our gyms.
    Yours truly, the Elite Four of the NCTH
    Tower of the Ancients, Unova"

If you challenge our league and are lucky enough to get to me, you have a shot at winning the Mountain Heights Symbol. Credit to Northern Lights for the badge.

Name- Becca
    Diamond friend code-
    4554-1150-2912
    Black friend code-
    0175-5378-5095

Aaannnddd, reviewed.

Page 19 of 79 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast