Page 54 of 79 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1954

Thread: Non-competitive trainer's hangout mk. III

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    I figure that since the passwords are "one size fits all", serebii will put them on the main site and save me $5.
    You don't lose $5, they just hold one for you and you pay $5 less when you buy it.

Also, are the gym leaders on the OP still the current Gym Leaders?

EDIT: Well, the Water Gym Leader hasn't been on for a month, better try a different one...
    Last edited by Charze; 2nd June 2012 at 8:44 PM.
    Friend Safari: Snorunt, Bergmite, Cloyster
    Friend Code: 0860-3745-2173

Credit to Robert

I'm going to check out the game. It seems like fun, and it'll tide me over before the release of BW2.

Also, yeah, it's not an extra five dollars to pre-order the game. For example, if the game was fifty dollars, you pre-order it for five, then when you buy it for real, you pay only forty-five. ...At least, that's how it was when I last pre-prdered a game.

I noticed an empty spot in the E4. How do you all work about assigning positions?

Everyone: the current list of leaders and elites can be found on page 17! Feral posted the general league's rules and the list is right below that.

Edit: follow this link to the post! League Rules and Leaders
    Last edited by Blaziken10285; 2nd June 2012 at 9:36 PM.
    I've gotten into IV Breeding. I'll breed any Pokemon that can, just ask and I'll see what I can do!

What happened after Ruby and Sapphire? This is my interpretation. Click the banner to read!
    Latest: Chapter 5: Power Plant Problems
    The banner was made by Brutaka

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Anyway, Tysuya has since been promoted to E4. TheNorthWind is now a gmy leader and... I'll have to go back and look at that list tomorrow. I don't think I changed it after the last restructuring.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Where has Tysuya? He hasn't been on since late April. Far more than two weeks.
    I've gotten into IV Breeding. I'll breed any Pokemon that can, just ask and I'll see what I can do!

What happened after Ruby and Sapphire? This is my interpretation. Click the banner to read!

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziken10285 View Post
    Everyone: the current list of leaders and elites can be found on page 17! Feral posted the general league's rules and the list is right below that.

Edit: follow this link to the post! League Rules and Leaders
    Thanks, that helped a lot. I guess I should retract my challenge to the former 1st Gym leader, current Elite Four Member XD
    Friend Safari: Snorunt, Bergmite, Cloyster
    Friend Code: 0860-3745-2173

Credit to Robert

I figure that since the passwords are "one size fits all", serebii will put them on the main site and save me $5.
    Serebii will eventually post them, but I was preordering W2 anyway, so.. Plus I have thousands of points to burn, so I can get another five if I spend some of my points. And I figure getting the passwords sooner means unlocking that Riolu sooner..
    "Trainer: We would like to invite you to try your hand at a new kind of challenge. The League of Heroes is a league of world-class battlers, with its own set of leaders and elite four members. If you are interested, please mail your invitation to the location listed below with your RSVP and we will send you a map with the locations of our gyms.
    Yours truly, the Elite Four of the NCTH
    Tower of the Ancients, Unova"

If you challenge our league and are lucky enough to get to me, you have a shot at winning the Mountain Heights Symbol. Credit to Northern Lights for the badge.

Name- Becca
    Diamond friend code-
    4554-1150-2912
    Black friend code-
    0175-5378-5095

I'd be careful about that. Nintendo seems to be pretty lazy so you should be fine, but when Gamestop get the excluzives for other things, like the TF games from High Moon Studios, it's not always a one size password, getting the exclusives from GS means you can't touch the ones from Amazon. We'll see though what Nintndo does with these.

As to the game itself, I'm on the fence. Looks interesting, but I barely touch my mainstream games as it is, and I'm more interested in the fiction than the gaming itself, so we'll see.

yeah yeah, so it's Monday. Anway, here's my (tries to be) weekly installment of World Turns. The good news? I have to take my car in for muffler work=fan fiction writing time tomorrow!

Couple of Author's notes splashed about, one before and one after the fic. enjoy, critque and all that fun stuff!

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...4#post14644954
    Last edited by Glover; 4th June 2012 at 8:59 AM.
        Spoiler:- Breeding stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by Glover View Post
    I'd be careful about that. Nintendo seems to be pretty lazy so you should be fine, but when Gamestop get the excluzives for other things, like the TF games from High Moon Studios, it's not always a one size password, getting the exclusives from GS means you can't touch the ones from Amazon. We'll see though what Nintndo does with these.
    I'm not too worried, if the Japan games are anything to go by.

Where has Tysuya? He hasn't been on since late April. Far more than two weeks.
    Tyusya's around. -knows him in real life- He's just been busy.

My gym rules post is on page 43 if anyone would like to add it to the list so its easy to find.

The anti-penultimate chapter of Hero's Path, Answers, just went up. Remember a few chapters ago how I said Trentioc was going to reveal 60% of the strange things in Hero's Path? Well, Magnus just covered the other 40%.

Also: I've updated the gym leader listing with all current information. Here it is. It can also be found on Page 17, and is linked in my signature.

Gym Leaders:
    1. Wartiger97, Grass: Trysten, the Forester
    2. Keyo61491, Poison
    3. Blaziken10285, Psychic: Dave, the Formidable Psybrain
    4. Nox_Invictus, Ice: Mathieu, The Frost Wizard
    5. Gokuzaru, Rock: Gold, the Rock Solid Soldier
    6. Glover, Electric: Glover, Protector of Orre
    7. Dittodude63, Ghost: Samuel Specter, the Ghost Host
    8. ThePhoenixarisen9, Steel; The Iron Phoenix
    9. :342:, Dark: Clair the Eclair

Elite Four:
    1. Dracoburn, Flying: Becca, the Mistress of the Mountains
    2. Aqua Tyrant Tysuya, Water
    3. NaturalTrainer, Dragon: The Gentleman
    4. Feralninja, Fire: Cole, the Firebrand

Champion:
    ???, ???

Hey I'm leaving for Wisconsin tomorrow and I don't know if I'll have any wifi there so I'm going to play it safe and say I won't be on here for a week so peace.
    My Black Friend Code is 2494-8412-9545 and my name on Black is Trysten.
    This is my badge for the NCTH to earn it you have to challenge the League and defeat me in a battle. Credit goes to Glover for the badge.
    And here's the link to my fic http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...irth-of-a-Hero

The anti-penultimate chapter of Hero's Path, Answers, just went up. Remember a few chapters ago how I said Trentioc was going to reveal 60% of the strange things in Hero's Path? Well, Magnus just covered the other 40%.

Also: I've updated the gym leader listing with all current information. Here it is. It can also be found on Page 17, and is linked in my signature.
    You forgot to put TheNorthWind instyead of :342:.
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon (because they're banned), I don't calculate stat values (the simulator does it for me), I don't use cheating devices (because I hardly ever play the actual game), I don't breed my way to perfection (because I use a simulator), and I do care about natures. I battle the most efficient way, so I can use my strategic skills to the fullest. I don't look down on others because of the way they play Pokemon, which non-competitive people seem to actually do more often. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by DittoDude.)

The new Hero's Path is up.

What they say: Have you read Changes yet?
    What they mean: Can I bathe in your tears?

Also, the irony of me posting a chapter called Changes the day after I graduate is not lost on me, thank you very much.

Well, I have multiple things to say.

1. I have defeated Dracoburn and obtained my first elite symbol, so only 3 more people standing between me and the champion.

2. Do we even have a champion? What happens when someone gets there?

3. Feral, how many more people do you beat in battle to get to the champion?

4. The final main chapter of The Galactic Files, The Last Battle... Maybe is now up. If you have ever wanted to read it, now would probably be a good time!

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

So, I'm a smart alec and I have to say this:

1) congrats
    2) Good question
    3) ALL OF ZEM!!!!

3. Feral, how many more people do you beat in battle to get to the champion?

4. The final main chapter of The Galactic Files, The Last Battle... Maybe is now up. If you have ever wanted to read it, now would probably be a good time!
    3. Just Tysuya. He's been busy in his personal life, so I'm not in much of a rush.

4. I swear, I'll get around to reading that at some point...

Stimulating conversation:

Really? Keldeo's getting a new forme? We still don't have his OLD forme. Let's give Pidgey a new form too, while we're at it, everyone else is getting one. Genesect? Anyone remember him? We're getting three dorky looking forme for the Genies, who were just fine as they were (concept intrigning, execution lacking) And we still don't have the EPIC CANNON knock off Scizor Pokemon.

Don't get me wrong, I prefer Girtatina's Origin forme to him having legs. Meloetta tying up her hair to dance? was cool too. And I really like what they're hinting about Kyruem, but at this point his forme changing gimmick is going to lose its specialness because every time someone sneezes they change their shape.

Or maybe it's just me. I;ll go back to proofing my next chapter now.

Really? Keldeo's getting a new forme? We still don't have his OLD forme. Let's give Pidgey a new form too, while we're at it, everyone else is getting one. Genesect? Anyone remember him? We're getting three dorky looking forme for the Genies, who were just fine as they were (concept intrigning, execution lacking) And we still don't have the EPIC CANNON knock off Scizor Pokemon.

Don't get me wrong, I prefer Girtatina's Origin forme to him having legs. Meloetta tying up her hair to dance? was cool too. And I really like what they're hinting about Kyruem, but at this point his forme changing gimmick is going to lose its specialness because every time someone sneezes they change their shape.

Or maybe it's just me. I;ll go back to proofing my next chapter now.
    Yeah, I think they should be a bit more exclusive with form changing. They could have made the new Genie forms legendary Pokemon for a different generation. The only way Keldeo should get a new form is if he became the size and maturity of the other Musketeers and stops trying to pull off the "My Little Pony" theme. Meloetta, being Music related, I like her/it/?. I don't know if she/it needed a form change though. The type change is pretty cool though, especially with the types my gym has/will be (Psychic and fighting). I still want to know more about Kyruem before I judge the forms. Don't get me wrong, I think the forms look awesome, there are still a lot of questions that have yet to be answered. How does it change? Can it change back and forth? And that's the end of my rant.

By the way, if you need me for the next week (Sunday to Sunday) I'll be out of town and don't know how available the wifi will be. We'll see I guess!

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

here it is, guys. My regular Sunday treat.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...2#post14670302

You may be happy to know, that I am three chapters ahead if my self, although I hesitate to call them truly finished but the bulk of the work is done. I'd like to have a revised version of Chapter 4 done as well tomorrow, we'll see how that one plays out.

Well, after looking at the (rather uninformative) Corocoro scan, I get the impression that Keldeo's new form will be item based, kind of like Shaymin and Giratina. Stat-wise, it seems like it will take some of Keldeo's monster special attack and put it into physical attack. Or at least, that's what the giant saw-toothed horn seems to suggest. It is most likely supposed to represent d'Artagnan's coming of age and maturity throughout the narrative of The Three Musketeers.

Now, I like the idea behind Melotta, and I don't think it should get the whole BW2 form overload backlash (because there have been like 3 thread on this in general discussion lately). We already knew it would have a form shift, and it's done via a move, which is unique.

Now, the kami... not saying I agree with the form changes. In fact, I do think they're excessive. But think for a moment. The original kami trio was based off a warring duo of japanese oni, and Landorus was based on the fertility god(ess?) Inari. This is a distinctly eastern flair. Now, the new kami are mezoamerican. Don't believe me? Tornadus's new form is supposed to represent an eagle. Landorus is a jaguar. And Thundurus is Queztacoatl, the winged serpent. All of these are either gods or sacred animals in Mayan mythology. Because Unova was supposed to represent the United States, I think this is at least a little fitting.

I have yet to see the new forms of Keldeo and the kami trio, I'm waiting for BW2 to come out. I like surprises.

So given that I can't give much of an opinion, I'll simply provide these numbers for you guys:

Region: -------------------Kanto-----Johto------Hoenn-----Sinnoh------Unova
    # of Legendaries: ------Five---------Six-------Seven------Fourteen*--Thirteen^
    Legends with formes: -Zero--------Zero-------One---------Three#----Seven^

*Including Phione and excluding Rotom
    ^Including Genesect
    #Including Arceus

As you can see, the numbers have all gone up exponentially. Discuss!

Quote Originally Posted by Mug View Post
    I have yet to see the new forms of Keldeo and the kami trio, I'm waiting for BW2 to come out. I like surprises.

So given that I can't give much of an opinion, I'll simply provide these numbers for you guys:

Region: -------------------Kanto-----Johto------Hoenn-----Sinnoh------Unova
    # of Legendaries: ------Five---------Six-------Seven------Fourteen*--Thirteen^
    Legends with formes: -Zero--------Zero-------One---------Three#----Seven^

*Including Phione and excluding Rotom
    ^Including Genesect
    #Including Arceus

As you can see, the numbers have all gone up exponentially. Discuss!
    Then you can think about the non-legendary Pokemon with forms

Kanto: none, Johto: one (Unown), Hoennne (Castform), Sinnoh: five (Burmy, Wormadam, Cherrim, Shellos, Gastrodon), Unova: Four (Basculin, Darmanitan, Deerling, Sawsbuck)

Yup, the Sinnoh and Unova regions have really spiked the number of forms.

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Then you can think about the non-legendary Pokemon with forms

Kanto: none, Johto: one (Unown), Hoennne (Castform), Sinnoh: five (Burmy, Wormadam, Cherrim, Shellos, Gastrodon), Unova: Four (Basculin, Darmanitan, Deerling, Sawsbuck)

Yup, the Sinnoh and Unova regions have really spiked the number of forms.
    Pichu and Rotom. (Pichu and spiky-eared Pichu, and you should already know about Rotom)
    Anyway, all I noticed with Keldeo is a new horn and a bit of a mullet.

Page 54 of 79 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast