Page 63 of 79 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 1954

Thread: Non-competitive trainer's hangout mk. III

So I was thinking: What if we had a real-life meetup for this club?
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon (because they're banned), I don't calculate stat values (the simulator does it for me), I don't use cheating devices (because I hardly ever play the actual game), I don't breed my way to perfection (because I use a simulator), and I do care about natures. I battle the most efficient way, so I can use my strategic skills to the fullest. I don't look down on others because of the way they play Pokemon, which non-competitive people seem to actually do more often. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by DittoDude.)

Quote Originally Posted by DittoDude View Post
    So I was thinking: What if we had a real-life meetup for this club?
    Except we live all over the country. Heck, if there's probably someone who isn't even in North America, like DO. It seems like it would be awfully inconvenient for at least someone. The Facebook version of this is probably the closest that I can think of for your suggestion.
    I've gotten into IV Breeding. I'll breed any Pokemon that can, just ask and I'll see what I can do!

What happened after Ruby and Sapphire? This is my interpretation. Click the banner to read!
    Latest: Chapter 5: Power Plant Problems
    The banner was made by Brutaka

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

I didn't say attendance was mandatory. We can work out a time and place that's best for everybody, and if someone can't make it, they can't.
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon (because they're banned), I don't calculate stat values (the simulator does it for me), I don't use cheating devices (because I hardly ever play the actual game), I don't breed my way to perfection (because I use a simulator), and I do care about natures. I battle the most efficient way, so I can use my strategic skills to the fullest. I don't look down on others because of the way they play Pokemon, which non-competitive people seem to actually do more often. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by DittoDude.)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziken10285 View Post
    Except we live all over the country. Heck, if there's probably someone who isn't even in North America, like DO. It seems like it would be awfully inconvenient for at least someone. The Facebook version of this is probably the closest that I can think of for your suggestion.
    Speaking of, JOIN THE FACEBOOK ONE, GUYS. If you -have- a Facebook, that is. Cause it's a great resource for many things, like immediate answers to questions and last-minute battle invites. Plus, because of the earlier point of us living all over the place, we usually have an admin or somebody with immediate access to an admin online just about twenty-four/seven.

Propaganda sequence complete.
    "Trainer: We would like to invite you to try your hand at a new kind of challenge. The League of Heroes is a league of world-class battlers, with its own set of leaders and elite four members. If you are interested, please mail your invitation to the location listed below with your RSVP and we will send you a map with the locations of our gyms.
    Yours truly, the Elite Four of the NCTH
    Tower of the Ancients, Unova"

If you challenge our league and are lucky enough to get to me, you have a shot at winning the Mountain Heights Symbol. Credit to Northern Lights for the badge.

Name- Becca
    Diamond friend code-
    4554-1150-2912
    Black friend code-
    0175-5378-5095

Quote Originally Posted by dracoburn View Post
    Speaking of, JOIN THE FACEBOOK ONE, GUYS. If you -have- a Facebook, that is. Cause it's a great resource for many things, like immediate answers to questions and last-minute battle invites. Plus, because of the earlier point of us living all over the place, we usually have an admin or somebody with immediate access to an admin online just about twenty-four/seven.

Propaganda sequence complete.
    Just did. I wish I knew who everyone was, though. I guessed Becca, Joan, Xander, Nate, and Connor, but I don't recognize anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by DittoDude View Post
    Just did. I wish I knew who everyone was, though. I guessed Becca, Joan, Xander, Nate, and Connor, but I don't recognize anyone else.
    When we're smart, we tag the bottoms of our posts like so:

-glover

But we aren't always smart. Ofthe fb gang, Im the only one of two who's character in no way refflects myself or my name, although i am ahead of most of you by two years, just as Glover is one of the more senior members right now, at least of the active crew.

I know blazi isn't even on favebok, imdon't aboutnour other junior members who've come in recently, but i applaud them for their resistance.

As to meeting up, i think the only way woud be forus ro in a few years do somethimg crazy like hitnthe Nationals when its someplace central to the States, Indy has hosted the last 2? Years, but that may be too far east for the colorado contingent. Perhaps when we all in the
    Ast stages of college, we should revisit this topic. Remember, feral and draco both just graduated high schol, i'm two years out, and alarge majority arestill in HS Until then, our best bets may be to arrange meetups in other travels, with family, and on a one on one basis. And who knows, we may all not have anything other than the club to talk about when we meetup. Wouldn't that be a stinker of a meetup?

Were i going through Colorado, i'd definately try to look people up. And Rhode Island isn't That long of a train ride from NYC, etc.
    As it stands, i'm writing this post from Silver City NM, and blowing through Dallas, san an, el paso, st louis and chicago on the 16th by train. anyone near here? :-)
    Last edited by Glover; 11th August 2012 at 7:09 AM.
        Spoiler:- Breeding stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by Glover View Post
    When we're smart, we tag the bottoms of our posts like so:

-glover

But we aren't always smart. Ofthe fb gang, Im the only one of two who's character in no way refflects myself or my name, although i am ahead of most of you by two years, just as Glover is one of the more senior members right now, at least of the active crew.

I know blazi isn't even on favebok, imdon't aboutnour other junior members who've come in recently, but i applaud them for their resistance.

As to meeting up, i think the only way woud be forus ro in a few years do somethimg crazy like hitnthe Nationals when its someplace central to the States, Indy has hosted the last 2? Years, but that may be too far east for the colorado contingent. Perhaps when we all in the
    Ast stages of college, we should revisit this topic. Until then, our best bets may be to arrange meetups in other travels. Were i going through Colorado, i'd definately try to look people up. And Rhode Island isn't That long of a train ride from NYC.

As it stands, i'm writing this post from Silver City NM, anyone near here? :-)
    They never go anywhere near me for Regonals. Neither Alabama, Mississippi, nor Georiga almost ever have an event, and when they do I have school. Everything else is just too far away at the moment. Maybe when I'm in college and can actually drive solo for long trips like that, but seeing as I'm only midway through High School that will be a while.
    I've gotten into IV Breeding. I'll breed any Pokemon that can, just ask and I'll see what I can do!

What happened after Ruby and Sapphire? This is my interpretation. Click the banner to read!

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Just edited my gym post, y'all. Go read it.

To reinforce what Becca said, yes, join the Facebook group. If you want to but can't find it, it's the "Non-Competitive Trainers' Hangout: Facebook Edition". The connections possible there are far more instantaneous. I'm sure we've all that moment where we VM someone who's online, only to find that they logged off before seeing it. With facebook, we can be sure our communications are seen in a timely manner.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

I'm Forrest Chadderdon on there, like I said. :P
    Name: Forrest

Friend Codes
    Platinum: 5157 3904 9220
    Soul Silver: 5243 2898 4231
    White: 4899 6627 4751

The NCTH is back! If you want to join, just drop us a line!

Ice Leader of Non-Competitive Trainer's Hangout!

Just some housekeeping stuff here, guys.

I leave for college early next Saturday morning. I have no idea if I'll have DS-accessable wifi in my dorm room (odds are, probably not, WEP encryption is on the wane). If you want to battle/trade with me, make sure to let me know ASAP, or you'll have to wait until at least Columbus day weekend. I'll still be as active as possible in the group, I just won't be able to battle. As an E4 member, I don't have too many challenges anyway, but you all have the right to know.

Also. I saw on the main site that a US Keldeo distribution is immanent. Odds are, I won't be able to get him either. HOWEVER. If one of you lovely people does get him, and would be willing to trade for him, I will reward you handsomely and Radiance will anoint you Lord Protector of Southern Unova when he seizes power.

Speaking of you leaving for college, I still need to have that audition battle that I keep forgetting about. I am saying it here publicly, so you all are not allowed to let me forget!

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    Just some housekeeping stuff here, guys.

I leave for college early next Saturday morning. I have no idea if I'll have DS-accessable wifi in my dorm room (odds are, probably not, WEP encryption is on the wane). If you want to battle/trade with me, make sure to let me know ASAP, or you'll have to wait until at least Columbus day weekend. I'll still be as active as possible in the group, I just won't be able to battle. As an E4 member, I don't have too many challenges anyway, but you all have the right to know.

Also. I saw on the main site that a US Keldeo distribution is immanent. Odds are, I won't be able to get him either. HOWEVER. If one of you lovely people does get him, and would be willing to trade for him, I will reward you handsomely and Radiance will anoint you Lord Protector of Southern Unova when he seizes power.
    I'll probably be able to get you a Keldeo. If I have time with my school schedule (which begins early tomorrow morning). Dang, I need to get together the last two of my rematch team before you go!

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Feral: starbucks is your friend. I can't believe there won't be one in Rhode Island, and i think its become a sin to not have one ona campus SOMEWHERE. And if they have a sign in website, the McDs version of fre wifiis usually just jump on and go. I've used them several times when wifi was being funky or i was away. don't understand what you mean by wep keys being on the wane?

I still have a few trades to make as well, i think.

Rats, i'm gonna miss the tikichu mask for the c-gear.

Welp, i'm still in new mexico. Postponed my return as family was planning on coming out this way shortly after i was supposed to leave. Easier to catch everyone all at once than me chasing them across country, though i do miss out on the travelling. Had i known this before, i wouldn't have left home until now, but oh well. Having fun regardless. I am going through fanfic withdrawlal though. Ipads are fine for writing on and travelling, but they're crap for proofing and corecting mistakes. Some things are still best done with a mouse,how i miss an actual pc. Oh well, bynthe time i get home i should have the ilex forest arc done for Janie, and then i can get to other backlogged things.
    Last edited by Glover; 20th August 2012 at 9:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glover View Post
    Feral: starbucks is your friend. I can't believe there won't be one in Rhode Island, and i think its become a sin to not have one ona campus SOMEWHERE. And if they have a sign in website, the McDs version of fre wifiis usually just jump on and go. I've used them several times when wifi was being funky or i was away. don't understand what you mean by wep keys being on the wane?
    The WEP encryption was the major one when the first wave of DS's came out, hence why it's supported. However, there was something up with it, and now most providers opt for WLAN2, and now the newer DS's also support that. I know that certain laptops (mostly HPs) are unable to use WEP encryption because of some component in their software. :/
    I'm not really sure on all the specifics, but I do know that most companies are making the transition to WLAN2 support.

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    . I know that certain laptops (mostly HPs).
    Well there's your firstproblem. HP makes good printers, and we can leave the rest alone.

Hello guys. I would like to join this. I've never done competitive stuff before. I'm in a clan, but I don't really battle out of it. The closest thing to competitive battling I've done is training to beat a friend. Just level training, no EVs or anything

Sig under construction

Welcome PB! Stick around long enough here and you'll find we're as much a community of oursevles as we are battlers, or perhaps thats better said as "trainers who don't compete tend to talk alot." :-) I supect we'll be quiet for while, i'm still around but a few pf ourheads areoff to college this week, but don't letthatdeter you from a lack of activity yourself. And if you get bored, we merryband have fan fiction you're welcome to read. (i think anymore we're asmuch a writing group as we are a battling one. Don't tell amyone though)

love the group pose that was done for you.

Yea I think it's pretty cool. Go see Sqeegie for one for u. And I'm switching up my team do that one isn't really accurate anymore :/ but I want to finish up my team before I request a new one

Sig under construction

Ah, team pose, that reminds me! I had pkmnfn do these a little while ago, just for the heck of it. Check it out:

That man of mystery and magic, the one, the only Propsero Magnus!

And our favorite lady knight and seeker of truth, Joan Dark:

Last but not least, “the magnificent, the breathtaking, the one-of-a-kind… Firebrand!”

Last edited by Firebrand; 22nd August 2012 at 3:29 AM.

Wow. The top one is pretty huge

Sig under construction

Quote Originally Posted by Pokémon beast View Post
    Yea I think it's pretty cool. Go see Sqeegie for one for u. And I'm switching up my team do that one isn't really accurate anymore :/ but I want to finish up my team before I request a new one
    I'm actually fairly handy with (the basics of) photshop myself, I've made a few not half bad badges, and the family photo (that links to my fanfic) and userbar in my signature is mine too. Backgrounds a rip from the plmn.com's trainer builder, as is the sprite for Glover in the lower one. The jacketed glover in the fc is a spritemof Wes i found on Google with the veteran head. ,the two ladies are piecd together from gen4 and 5 sprites recolored, the rest are i believe stock, although the Espeon i'm not so sure of anymore.

And somewhere, Wartiger has a sprite i made for him.

Speaking of, the best thing to happen to the casual spriting world was the induction of the Dress Up accesories. Things like Swords, mirrors, shields, books, kids with balloons... Great, now i want to be at my computer photoshopping things. Phht!

As a personal note, i always prefer the ones that are in a relative scale, human sized as human sized, the little guys little, and the biggies are big enough to make the point, although there is a limit. Wailord and Joltik, for examples on opposite ends of the spectrum.

Do you have any badges of dragon Pokemon?

Sig under construction

Quote Originally Posted by Pokémon beast View Post
    Do you have any badges of dragon Pokemon?
    The poke badges mostlymcome from NorthernLights, and she's got an open-share policy o her badges. I did a few inanimate objects. The Poke badges re certainly nice, but i don't know that it fits the canon style. And more importantly, the inanimate objects are usually easier to draw in MS paint.

Besides that, you'll have to get past the Dragon gym leader around here if you want to be claiming any dragon badges...
    (Psst, hey Natch', that would be your cue...)
    Last edited by Glover; 22nd August 2012 at 5:22 PM.

In a clan I'm in I'm a dragon E4. Is this a clan? I guess I'll have to leave if it is...

Sig under construction

Page 63 of 79 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast