Page 75 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2565717273747576777879 LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 1954

Thread: Non-competitive trainer's hangout mk. III

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    So am I the only one who vastly prefers Triple Battles to any of the others? What's everyone's favorite kind of battle and why?

I like Triple because I feel it adds a LOT more variety and thought to battling. It gives the players a slew of options on every turn, and gives me a sense of, I dunno, "teamwork" in my party. Like my pokemon aren't just individuals getting sent out to do a specific job; they have to cover for each other and try to work around each others' weaknesses. But it seems like no one else enjoys Triples.
    I also like triple battles, but at the same time I think some things about it are annoying, like how if they're down to one Pokemon, and their guy is on the end, my guy on the other end can't attack it :\
    Friend Safari: Snorunt, Bergmite, Cloyster
    Friend Code: 0860-3745-2173

Credit to Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    So am I the only one who vastly prefers Triple Battles to any of the others? What's everyone's favorite kind of battle and why?

I like Triple because I feel it adds a LOT more variety and thought to battling. It gives the players a slew of options on every turn, and gives me a sense of, I dunno, "teamwork" in my party. Like my pokemon aren't just individuals getting sent out to do a specific job; they have to cover for each other and try to work around each others' weaknesses. But it seems like no one else enjoys Triples.
    I have to say that triple battles are probably my least favorites. I feel like what I always need is on the opposite side of where it is needed. That is probably why I like Rotation battles. To me those have a huge amount of planning that you need to go through, while still having access to all of one's Pokemon at once. Plus, I like the suspense of not knowing what the opponent will do and having to guess.

Anyway, does anyone think that we will get a new battle style? Apparently Masuda has said something about an innovative new battle mechanic in these new games.
    I've gotten into IV Breeding. I'll breed any Pokemon that can, just ask and I'll see what I can do!

What happened after Ruby and Sapphire? This is my interpretation. Click the banner to read!
    Latest: Chapter 5: Power Plant Problems
    The banner was made by Brutaka

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Rotation for me. Rotation is , more than any other battle style, like a chess match. Not only do you have to prepare for any eventuality for yourself, you also must consider what your opponent will do. "Should I switch in a pokemon? It could handle the one they're using now, but what if they switch?" It's all about trying to outguess and outmaneuver your opponent. Not to mention, it's easy to set up smaller things, like for example, having an Air Balloon on a pokemon. If it isn't in the lead spot, the opponent won't know until they attack. In a fire gym, that immunity could mean the difference between victory and defeat if on something with lower defenses, like a Chandelure or Volcarona.

Short of sending out all six pokemon at once (which is ridiculous), I can't think of any other battle style that could be introduced. Now, that doesn't mean we can't have one, just that I can't fathom it. Rotation came as a huge surprise to me, I never would have thought of it. Anything is possible, really.

Also, this is my last week at home. I go back to school on Monday the 21st. If people want to battle with me in the interim, let me know now.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Maybe a new style where you send out one Poke, it attacks once, then it gets withdrawn and your next one attacks once. So after 6 turns, you've used your whole team.
    Friend Safari: Fighting with Meditite, Tyrogue & Sawk.
    3196-3352-8113
    Kanto villains? Why are you here?!
    Because Unova villains are too stupid to take over Unova!
    [IMG]http://i57.*******.com/2a6uxwo.jpg[/IMG]
    Sig made by me, unfortunately.

I think Doubles are still my favorite, and I run my league team accordingly. However, with the introduction of BW2, I've gotten more into Triples and Rotations, particularly the former. I love the ability to stick my Crobat in the middle and two Earthquakers on either side, or my Arcanine with Heat Wave, or my Samurott and get the Crobat to Fly.. So many possibilities to kill two birds with one stone! What I love about Doubles, though, is the ability to pair up any of my various flying types who know Earthquake and just destroy anything that isn't above the ground. Especially with Moxie as an option.. Tag battles in the Subway are fun, too. If Hil-whoever isn't pulling their own weight, I'll go ahead and Earthquake their Pokemon to death, too. Sometimes that additional Moxie boost is more valuable than their companionship.
    "Trainer: We would like to invite you to try your hand at a new kind of challenge. The League of Heroes is a league of world-class battlers, with its own set of leaders and elite four members. If you are interested, please mail your invitation to the location listed below with your RSVP and we will send you a map with the locations of our gyms.
    Yours truly, the Elite Four of the NCTH
    Tower of the Ancients, Unova"

If you challenge our league and are lucky enough to get to me, you have a shot at winning the Mountain Heights Symbol. Credit to Northern Lights for the badge.

Name- Becca
    Diamond friend code-
    4554-1150-2912
    Black friend code-
    0175-5378-5095

I like the setup on triple. I tend to almost always guezs wrong and have my team ent out so my opponent has an advantage, but oh well... that is part of the game! I have actually never played rotation outside of in-game battles... it seems too much like a gimmicky version of single battles. Maybe i will give it a shot some time.

Doubles are all right and before triple was introduced, it was my preferred battle style.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Making sure people know I still exist...I just do most of my group particiapation on the fb version is all...

I'm popping on to let you all know that I'm still around. As with Dracoburn, I usually watch the proceedings of the League from Facebook. My team is being bred and trained, but I am available for battles for fun, as my badge isn't exactly accessible.
    Name: Forrest

Friend Codes
    Platinum: 5157 3904 9220
    Soul Silver: 5243 2898 4231
    White: 4899 6627 4751

The NCTH is back! If you want to join, just drop us a line!

Ice Leader of Non-Competitive Trainer's Hangout!

Facebook you say? How do I go about joining that?

Trying to complete the regional dex on White 2... Can anyone breed me a Panpour, Spheal and Buneary?

Hello everyone! I'm a new member of this club/hangout, and it goes without saying then that I'd love to have non EV trained battles with anyone! Oh and while I'm posting, I can help you Feralninja and give you a shpeal and panpour (you can even keep them if you want, for "free"), don't think I have a buneary though. I might, I'll check. But I definitely have those other two, want to trade?
    I'm sorta back
    While I'd always love to talk about anything pokemon, I will only be using the 6th gen Wifi section for a while out of efficiency in my life, unfortunately

PLEASE NOTE: My one and only 3DS friend code is now 0576 3520 6954, it used to be 0688 5572 5678 but I no longer have that DS, delete that old code if you already have it!
    thought X/Y were amazing, but the widely revolutionary ORAS makes X/Y look like, well, I guess the original Ruby/Sapphire (which were still awesome) ha ha. in early middle of story line, w/ no choice but to progress fairly slowly. if anyone wants to battle or register me (be sure to tell me iso I can get yours) feel free to!

AS: Grovyle, Metang, Swellow, Skitty, Corphish, and "Pikabest"

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    Trying to complete the regional dex on White 2... Can anyone breed me a Panpour, Spheal and Buneary?
    I have a full Pokedex on White, so I'd be happy to help! I guess you already have an offer, though. Speaking of which...

Quote Originally Posted by Pikafleg View Post
    Hello everyone! I'm a new member of this club/hangout, and it goes without saying then that I'd love to have non EV trained battles with anyone! Oh and while I'm posting, I can help you Feralninja and give you a shpeal and panpour (you can even keep them if you want, for "free"), don't think I have a buneary though. I might, I'll check. But I definitely have those other two, want to trade?
    Welcome to our club! I would love to battle some time if you want!
    I've gotten into IV Breeding. I'll breed any Pokemon that can, just ask and I'll see what I can do!

What happened after Ruby and Sapphire? This is my interpretation. Click the banner to read!

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

I have everything I need except panpour and buneary. If you guys can help out, just shoot me a pm.

Also, still have a pulse. Reading through yesterday's posts, Rotations are warming up on me, although I've been a succesful fan of Chess, and it seems to me like the AI for rotations is the only o e that's smart enou to actually be a challenge. personally, i prefer the double/triple battles, because if you play it out right, you can set up some real sweet bonuses for your partner 'mons. Becca mentioned a few, and I know a few more. (seriously, have you ever Lava Plumed a triple battle with the Magmortar in the middle, flanked by a water type and a pokemon mid-fly?) I've actually toyed with the idea of switching up my gym to a triple format from its doubles, but so far its not been done.

Let me check, Feral, i think I have a Buneary not doing me anything.

Also, my serebii account is about two weeks behind in sending me notifications (I just got an email subscription notice for Nox announcing he has his replacement games and console and will be working on his ice team... Just got that today...). S I'm turning off my notifications until it catches up and see if it works after that. S if you need to reach me, you'll either be reliant on me actually seeing the flag that I have a new PM or you'll have to hunt me down through other means, I won't get thee-mail for it.
    Last edited by Glover; 15th January 2013 at 6:06 AM.
        Spoiler:- Breeding stuff:

Hey guys, I know a lot of you are interested in each others fan fictions, and I'm happy to let you know that I picked up an old one I started and I'm planning on continuing to write it.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...f-Two-Trainers

I hope you guys enjoy it
    Friend Safari: Snorunt, Bergmite, Cloyster
    Friend Code: 0860-3745-2173

Credit to Robert

Ok, it has been WAY too long since we've had a good discussion. Almost a month. So what has everyone been up to lately? I haven't been playing much, since I haven't had much time, but I'm still around.

So, how do you think that Generation 6 enhance battle? What typed Pokemon does everyone want to see? How will it change our battles? I think that I remember hearing something about having a stronger bond when you battle, which sounds like the whole friendship thing that is already around. Of course, I would love to see some really cool dual fighting types. (Would there be any way to negate all of their weaknesses in one 'mon?) it would be pretty cool if that was the direction that Froakie goes. Maybe we'll get a fighting frog that doesn't usually spam Focus Punch this time!

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Froakie has actually been rumored to be a water/electric type which is awesome, I'd love to see how that works out maybe making it a special sweeper
        Spoiler:- Friend code for Pokemon White:

Yeah, I could see water-electric if they extrapolate on the Benjamin Franklin idea for Froakie. He has the spectacles and slightly poofy hair/wig. In the starter speculation thread, it's been tossed around that he is modeled after a Japanese thief, but I don't know, the Ben Franklin thing makes a lot more sense.

This discussion is good, but something I've been wondering lately... Do people actually use the Eject Button and Red Card? I could see how an Eject Button would help a Regenerator like Mienshao, and a Red Card could possibly be used for phasing on entry hazards.

I've very recently used Eject Button on Hitmontop since it was a way to re-use Fake-Out since he didn't have U-Turn. It worked fairly well, all things considered. I was running a Fake-Out spam team, with Mienshao and Ambipom using U-Turn to recycle and 'Top having the eject. It was one of those teams that started out gangbusters, but cooled off quickly and dramatically. It was fun while it lasted.

Yeah, I could see water-electric if they extrapolate on the Benjamin Franklin idea for Froakie. He has the spectacles and slightly poofy hair/wig. In the starter speculation thread, it's been tossed around that he is modeled after a Japanese thief, but I don't know, the Ben Franklin thing makes a lot more sense.

This discussion is good, but something I've been wondering lately... Do people actually use the Eject Button and Red Card? I could see how an Eject Button would help a Regenerator like Mienshao, and a Red Card could possibly be used for phasing on entry hazards.
    I have not used either items. For my gym, I use a Mienshao. He has U-Turn, so Regenerator already has an outlet. Plus, they don't have the best defenses, so having to take a hit to use his ability might not be the best strategy.

In regards to Froakie, if the attack that it used (not the water one) did in fact represent his second type, then I could see fighting be the second.

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

I'd love a water electric, but moreso if he can do it without ripping Chinchou.

Is THAT what look he's going for? I can see a powdered wig and specs now that you mention it. Curious to see what the canon is now.

I don't use them, but I've seen them used once. For me, it's a lot like fighting the fleeing legendaries, eventually, you will kill rhem, its just a matter of putting up with the constant switching. Course, that was the most annoying part about fighting Elesa, too was all the volt switching going on. Seems like a brokennthing to do with fake out though.
    Last edited by Glover; 14th February 2013 at 6:48 AM.

Huh, homepage is hinting at another Eeveelution. Which is exactly what weDON'T need, although i wouldn't have minded a desert basis for totallynot biased reasons...

I think its ugly. Too much ribbon, not enough feline...
    Last edited by Glover; 14th February 2013 at 6:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glover View Post
    Huh, homepage is hinting at another Eeveelution. Which is exactly what weDON'T need, although i wouldn't have minded a desert basis for totallynot biased reasons...

I think its ugly. Too much ribbon, not enough feline...
    Yeah, confirmed as new eeveelution. I don't really mind, the only Eeveelution I use is Umbreon for it's massive stall potential (toxic plus protect and maybe substitute? Murders literally everything but a steel type). A lot of discussion in the spec threads lately as to its type, everything from normal (which plain doesn't make sense), bug, dragon and flying. Now that the name is revealed as Sylveon, I am strongly inclined to a flying type because Sylveon seems a lot like "sylph" which is commonly what a nymph of the air is referred to. And since it's name in other languages pertains to nymph... Yay, Feral's obsession with old myths and legends is finally useful for something!

Yeah, confirmed as new eeveelution. I don't really mind, the only Eeveelution I use is Umbreon for it's massive stall potential (toxic plus protect and maybe substitute? Murders literally everything but a steel type). A lot of discussion in the spec threads lately as to its type, everything from normal (which plain doesn't make sense), bug, dragon and flying. Now that the name is revealed as Sylveon, I am strongly inclined to a flying type because Sylveon seems a lot like "sylph" which is commonly what a nymph of the air is referred to. And since it's name in other languages pertains to nymph... Yay, Feral's obsession with old myths and legends is finally useful for something!
    From the multitude of attacks that it used during its battle, it could very easily be normal. I could see, though, that the ribbons could almost be a hint for flying, with them doubling as wings.

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziken10285 View Post
    From the multitude of attacks that it used during its battle, it could very easily be normal. I could see, though, that the ribbons could almost be a hint for flying, with them doubling as wings.
    Yeah, I'm in the flying type camp myself, especially since sylphs are elemental spirits of air. The attack looked a little like brave bird or sky attack to me. Trump card is a move all the eeveelutions learn, so I'm not putting much stock by it. Swift is also a fairly common move.

Page 75 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2565717273747576777879 LastLast