Page 77 of 79 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879 LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 1954

Thread: Non-competitive trainer's hangout mk. III

Quote Originally Posted by Omegaman1144 View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm not new to pokemon but I hate doing the IV/EV thing. I've had fun playing Pokemon since 2000, when my favorite pokemon was Victreebel. I've always wanted to make a grass based team, but have never found a place where I could battle without seeing all OU tiered pokemon who wrecked my team. When I saw this, I was excited. Does anyone on here play on pokemon online or just through the wifi? (I think wifi is better cause you actually have to have the pokemon you're using!)
    Welcome! Most of us primarily use wifi, like me. There are, though, a few people here or once were that use Pokemon Online
    I've gotten into IV Breeding. I'll breed any Pokemon that can, just ask and I'll see what I can do!

What happened after Ruby and Sapphire? This is my interpretation. Click the banner to read!
    Latest: Chapter 5: Power Plant Problems
    The banner was made by Brutaka

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

I'd like to join. I in the bond between Pokemon and trainer and believe that 1,000 eggs to get perfect ivs is just plain mean.

Hey, you! Yeah, you! No, not you in front, you there who likes pokémon. Do you like the animé? Do you ever think you'd like to use pokémon and battle like they do in the show?
    Look no further than the
    Pokémon Animé Style Battling League!
    Come say hello in our Time Out thread and we'll get you started on a wonderful adventure. Training pokémon, fighting Gym Leaders, maybe even catching a Legendary pokémon? The choice is yours!

I wanna join

Just checking in. I'm not dead, or anything. I've noticed that this forum is sort of dead, and thought it might help if I checked in for once. :P
    Name: Forrest

Friend Codes
    Platinum: 5157 3904 9220
    Soul Silver: 5243 2898 4231
    White: 4899 6627 4751

The NCTH is back! If you want to join, just drop us a line!

Ice Leader of Non-Competitive Trainer's Hangout!

Quote Originally Posted by Nox_Invictus View Post
    Just checking in. I'm not dead, or anything. I've noticed that this forum is sort of dead, and thought it might help if I checked in for once. :P
    I'm still alive too! It's kinda sad how we haven't had a good discussion lately... I guess everything has been moving slowly Pokemon-wise
    I've gotten into IV Breeding. I'll breed any Pokemon that can, just ask and I'll see what I can do!

What happened after Ruby and Sapphire? This is my interpretation. Click the banner to read!

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Let's battle my in-game name is Read and my fc is4127 5437 6884

Quote Originally Posted by duelistxxxfromdn View Post
    Let's battle my in-game name is Read and my fc is4127 5437 6884
    Hey, maybe this weekend I will have time to batte, if you're still interested in battling

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

hey everyone what's up
    I'm glad I found this club, I think EV training makes Pokémon not fun anymore and turns it into work
    That's why I don't EV train
    I have claimed Scizor, the king of Bug-Types.
    Planned ORAS Teams:

Trinity League Badges:

Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge)

Credit for this epic banner goes to Sworn Metalhead of Daedric Design.

I have no idea if I should join or not, lol. I EV train, but I can't stand the same old, boring, overused, generic strategies of "OMG ENTURRRRRY HAZARDZ AND WEATHER WARZ TROLLOLOL." It's so bleh.
    Weather = Ew.
    Proud atheist. Call me Flaming L. <3

Quote Originally Posted by BugPokemonMaster316 View Post
    hey everyone what's up
    I'm glad I found this club, I think EV training makes Pokémon not fun anymore and turns it into work
    That's why I don't EV train
    Welcome into the club, I hope to see you around in more than your first post, unlike most of the others who join, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by AdeptLen View Post
    I have no idea if I should join or not, lol. I EV train, but I can't stand the same old, boring, overused, generic strategies of "OMG ENTURRRRRY HAZARDZ AND WEATHER WARZ TROLLOLOL." It's so bleh.
    I'm not quite sure either, but I think that EV training is something that we frown upon and you partake in. That sounds kinda contradictory. I'm going to let higher powers (if they ever even post on here again) deal with the major logistics.

Anyway, I have posted a new chapter of Maelstrom, so check out Salvation if you have a moment!

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Quote Originally Posted by AdeptLen View Post
    There are a few EV'd Pokemon on the higher powers, but generally those are exceptions not rule.s WeatherHazard strategies on the other hand are not frowned on as much here, because they work. We try not to abuse them, but by not focusing on the EV'd side of it, there are a lot more Pokemon that can adapt and trump the warther than the Jock side of the game. I don't typically run weather, but a few gyms do.

It is rather monotonous though, isn't it?
        Spoiler:- Breeding stuff:

May I join? I made a competive team (water mono in sig) and EV'd them but I didn't like competive, EV's, other stuff and I'll never do competive again. It was a sort of try-out. So may I join?
    Last edited by Roy9; 6th May 2013 at 7:47 PM.
    Pardon my grammar, I'm a young Dutchman.

And how can we say no to a cute face loke... well, so its a buozel....

Anyway, i'm not gonna say no, but i will add that most.of us.are.tied up in RL right nowand waiting for G6 to reboot us, so itll be quiet for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Glover View Post
    And how can we say no to a cute face loke... well, so its a buozel....

Anyway, i'm not gonna say no, but i will add that most.of us.are.tied up in RL right nowand waiting for G6 to reboot us, so itll be quiet for a bit.
    Okay, I don't understand you, why is it quiet for a bit? And am I now accepted?
    Last edited by Roy9; 6th May 2013 at 8:32 PM.

Yeah, we take all comers. What Glover means is that activity here has been a little, well, nonexistent of late. Maybe a few new members can breathe some life back into things.

Anyway, on the topic of EV trained pokemon: I've got a few myself. We won't chase you out with torches and pitchforks, string you up and lynch you if we catch you. But I would ask that you not use EV trained pokemon in battles arranged via this group, out of consideration to the other members.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    Yeah, we take all comers. What Glover means is that activity here has been a little, well, nonexistent of late. Maybe a few new members can breathe some life back into things.

Anyway, on the topic of EV trained pokemon: I've got a few myself. We won't chase you out with torches and pitchforks, string you up and lynch you if we catch you. But I would ask that you not use EV trained pokemon in battles arranged via this group, out of consideration to the other members.
    I understand, it wouldn't be fair and fun. I have another question:
    If I challenge a gym leader, which level of Pokemon are they using?

Quote Originally Posted by Roy9 View Post
    I understand, it wouldn't be fair and fun. I have another question:
    If I challenge a gym leader, which level of Pokemon are they using?
    We do flat battles, so everything over level 50 is put there.

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziken10285 View Post
    That's understandable. Lack of motivation is why Maelstrom is only on its 13th chapter, but started in May of 2012. It should be done now and I should be on number 3, but I have been unmotivated a lot of the time. By the way, does anyone know about the others' Fics? (TheNorthWind's Dark Waters, Charze's Tale of Two Trainers, and Phoenix's Rise of the Phoenix)
    Dark Waters is more or less on hiatus right now. Whether or not, I'll continue it remains to be seen... :/

I finished Fire Eternal (the last Blazing Heart book) the other day. I'm considering doing a fic of a Nuzlocke run I did a little earlier this year, and while I've got some ideas for it, I've also got some other ideas for original fiction too, and I don't want to take on too much at once. Might be I'll get around to it sometime or another.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziken10285 View Post
    We do flat battles, so everything over level 50 is put there.
    okay, so I'm gonna work on a team!
    I see that a lot of you write fanfics, gonna read some of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Roy9 View Post
    okay, so I'm gonna work on a team!
    I see that a lot of you write fanfics, gonna read some of them!
    Yup, a lot are finished, and many are still being put out. Maelstrom, the one that I'm currently on, has about two chapters left in the first arc (which is going to be most of the story) and might have about seven more chapters in all. To see the start of the league and the start to everything, Feralninja's League of Heroes is a great place to start, even though the league is much different now

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

We won't chase you out with torches and pitchforks, string you up and lynch you if we catch you rs.
    Aww... fine, take my fun out why dontcha... :P

Quote Originally Posted by Glover View Post
    Aww... fine, take my fun out why dontcha... :P
    May I copy that text in my sig about the Non Competive Trainers' hangout in your sig? If you want I say started by Glover.
    Last edited by Roy9; 7th May 2013 at 7:15 PM.

I still live! Kinda.
    NCTH Mk 3
    Now home of the NCTH ultimate journey, a league for those of us who play for fun, not for competition!

Also, I have done a story. It is here.

Former 4th Gen Gym Leader
    Challenged: 5 times. Badges given: 1

5th Gen Challenge Status
    Badges: 2 (Previous League)
    Current League:

(Credit to Northern Lights and Glover) 2/9

Hey guys! I'm going out the club . I recently discovered Showdown! so I don't have to EV train/IV breed etc. in-game and so I went again in competittive for a bit. But I'm still always in for a non-competitive battle! It's just fun to battle competitive without the annoying stuff. Bye bye!
    Last edited by Roy9; 19th May 2013 at 6:51 PM.

Page 77 of 79 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879 LastLast