Ok, so we need a new good discussion in here! So, with the approaching advent to X and Y, we have begun to get rumors about the Fairy type. If it corresponds with what Pokebeach says, it will be weak to Poison and steel, strong against Dragon, Fighting, and Dark. Fire and Psychic will apparently resist it. So, how does everyone thing that this will change the battles here in the club's league, assuming that we ever have any challengers?

I think that it will be tough on my team, and probably give me a newfound respect for Steel and Poison types. The new restrictions to the Fighting type will be a cool new obstacle if handled well. If these rumors are true, I'm rreally going to want to use Froakie's evolved form in a gym battle! Speaking of that...

I think if the new fairy type has a big enough role in the game, or if the rumors of Pokebeach are true, Fennekin will be even more popular than it was before. It is rumored by the same source to be a Fire-Psychic Pokemon, and will then have a 4x resistance to Fairies, as well as being strong against the gyms that PB has reportedly heard about. Feral, I'm guessing that you'll be wanting to use one?