Page 11 of 79 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-competitive trainer's hangout mk. III

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziken10285 View Post
    So you're touching on the Hoenn stuff too? Awesomeness. More stuff to read!
    Yes, I am. Whirlwind tour of the Western Half. I've told myself that I'm not gonna post it till I've got it done. I've got still three more major scenes, and an epilogue. It's by no means golden, but I'm having fun writing something, and it's scripted, whereas World Turns is very much wherever it wants to go.
        Spoiler:- Breeding stuff:

Big news time, everyone.
    I've started the reconstruction process of the Ultimate Journey. The only way this league is going to collapse again with the Firebrand at the helm is over my dead body (and don't you be getting any ideas...)

I've opened the invitation to the upper echelons on facebook first, and the response has been overwhelming. Here's the people I've got so far, and the types already on the table...

-Fire, Feralninja (naturally)
    -Flying, Dracoburn
    -Ice, Nox Invictus
    -Dragon, NaturalTrainer
    -Dark, :342:
    -Fighting, Xman96
    -Steel, Kaori'sloveTysuya
    -Poison, Keyo61491
    -Rock, Gokuzaru
    -Psychic, Blaziken10285
    -Electric, Glover

I still need 3 more people. We're going to have nine gym leaders and then the elite four. Don't worry about the Champion slot. Drop me a line if you're interested, and tell me what type you want. There won't be any auditions this time, it'll be more like the first time we got this league going. Once I've got the slots filled (or at least three more), I'll start arranging people into ranks based on... well, a couple factors. More on that later.

Now, there's going to be some changes in the rules from the Displeased Owl administration. Let's get right down to business.

1. All battles will now be held in the "flat" style, meaning level 50 all, and limits on the number of pokemon. This is in the interest of fairness. You can still pick the battle style, but they MUST be flat rule. This also means that any legendary banned from battle facilities is subsequently banned here.
    2. Leaders: If you do not come online for roughly a month, your position is revoked. There needs to be a commitment for this, people. If I'm trying to get in touch with you, and you don't come online for a while, how will that message be received? Even if you're an e4 member, and don't need to worry about challengers for a while (if ever...), there may (and likely will be) things I need all my leaders to hear.
    3. I have also changed the rules for wildcards. If your battle style of choice is double, rotation, or triple, you have no change. But if you choose single battle, then you do not get a wild card. This is due to the fact that unlike fourth gen, single battles can only be done in flat rule with 3 pokemon, and if you have a type-trumping wild card (say Swampert or Sceptile for my gym), then literally a whole third of your team lies outside the chosen type.
    4. There is now a leauge-wide species clause and items clause. This applies to both leaders and challengers. To anyone who doesn't know what this means... You cannot have two pokemon of the same species, and no pokemon can have the same hold item. In practice, that means I can't bring two Charizards, or I can't give both my Ninetales and Chandelure Passho Berries. Most leaders already had this rule, but I'm simply making it official.
    5. If you're down to your last pokemon and you disconnect, you lose. You can blame your router all you want but thats how it's going down. It will certainly look like a ragequit. It's simply inconsiderate to your opponent.

Those are the only changes I have at the moment. If more arise, I'll be sure to include them. If there are any questions or concerns with these rules, bring them up with me, and I will address them.

So in closing... let's bring this back. I know a lot of you have been waiting for it. I'm not going to let this all fall to pieces again. The Firebrand is blazing a way to the future for us, bright as a newborn sun.

"I'm through accepting limits because someone says they're so. Somethings I cannot change, but until I try, I'll never know~."
    Last edited by Firebrand; 1st December 2011 at 3:41 AM.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

I'm intrigued, but I'm new to League stuff so I';m not sure I'd be any good. Also, all the types I'm interested in are taken.

Awesome! I look forward to battling, again! Be it against challengers, or as one.
    Name: Forrest

Friend Codes
    Platinum: 5157 3904 9220
    Soul Silver: 5243 2898 4231
    White: 4899 6627 4751

The NCTH is back! If you want to join, just drop us a line!

Ice Leader of Non-Competitive Trainer's Hangout!

Aye, I'm providing for nine leaders this time, so even gym leaders have a shot at the big name. Attention all other gym leaders... prepare to get immolated by the holy flame. None shall stand in the Firebrand's path to the top! None shall stop me from achieving... Radiance!

Psychic. I've been working on a team.
    I've gotten into IV Breeding. I'll breed any Pokemon that can, just ask and I'll see what I can do!

What happened after Ruby and Sapphire? This is my interpretation. Click the banner to read!
    Latest: Chapter 5: Power Plant Problems
    The banner was made by Brutaka

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Gotta tell you, I'm not fond of Flat 50 in my first time using it.

I'd be willing to take the electric slot though maybe.
    Last edited by Glover; 1st December 2011 at 12:20 AM.

It was for fairness. It's unfair to get people to fix the levels of their team. My own runs from 52 to 100. I could demand all challengers come in with full teams of lvl 100s, but that's not right. I couldn't in good faith allow anyone in this league to do that.

Also, blaziken, I'll edit you in~

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    It was for fairness. It's unfair to get people to fix the levels of their team. My own runs from 52 to 100. I could demand all challengers come in with full teams of lvl 100s, but that's not right. I couldn't in good faith allow anyone in this league to do that.

Also, blaziken, I'll edit you in~
    No, I don't bame you for it, I;m just not fond of the mechanics behind it.

If you have room I'll take the electric chair.

By which I hope you mean electric type... And yes, added.

Hey guys! Haven't been around much lately, and for that, I apologize. Once again though my fic is on hold. I do hope to finish it sometime, but right now, I have so much stuff going on that I don't have a lot of time on my hands. I am looking forward to the new fics coming out though! I'm still one of the leaders of this league, I don't want anyone forgetting about me :P
    3DS FC:0533-4900-6084

Before you criticize someone walk a mile in thier shoes, that way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have thier shoes.

Shiny Expert: Xander
    After Xander loses the Unova League, he gets a mysterious call from Prof. Rowan saying that he must come back and see what he's found. Xander has no idea what's in store for him.

Speaking of fics, and Xander's in particular, let me introduce you to a character of mine making his debut in Tempest.

"It really is too bad that you're so broken XD-Zero, you coulda been something. That Lugia, he was nothing compared to the plans we had for you."

Ace stepped closer. "No. One. Makes plans of me. Not as a weapon, not as a tool for domination." A tenacle made a small snap in the air next to Hospel's head, forming Ace's hand. He patted the R&D on the cheek softly three times. "But don't worry. I don't have grudges." Then he raised his hand. "Oh, wait. No, it's Scruples I don't have." And with that, his hand went firmly to the bad Doctor's head like it was being sucked on. One thumb went to the base of the sinus cavity, while an index finger stuck firmly to the temple.

Hospel got out one loud scream before his eyes shrunk completely white.

I'll take the ghost slot.
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon (because they're banned), I don't calculate stat values (the simulator does it for me), I don't use cheating devices (because I hardly ever play the actual game), I don't breed my way to perfection (because I use a simulator), and I do care about natures. I battle the most efficient way, so I can use my strategic skills to the fullest. I don't look down on others because of the way they play Pokemon, which non-competitive people seem to actually do more often. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by DittoDude.)

So I have started on the beginning off a fic idea I have been thinking about for a while and was wondering: how far should I get (in chapters) before I post the beginning in the fan fic section?
    I've gotten into IV Breeding. I'll breed any Pokemon that can, just ask and I'll see what I can do!

What happened after Ruby and Sapphire? This is my interpretation. Click the banner to read!

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziken10285 View Post
    So I have started on the beginning off a fic idea I have been thinking about for a while and was wondering: how far should I get (in chapters) before I post the beginning in the fan fic section?

That, is completely up to you. I've seen the number 5 batted around a few time. I'm purposefully withholding Tempest (Working titel for the Hoenn fic) until I'm done, but World Turns I've been making up as I go, because that's what it's whole purpose in life is and I'm much furthur ahead in plot than I am in writing.

If you know where you want the fic to go, there's no requirement for pre-writtens. If it updates monthly, bi-weekly, or whatever, as long is stuff is being put out, and that I'm on a PM list if there is one.

Quote Originally Posted by Glover View Post
    That, is completely up to you. I've seen the number 5 batted around a few time. I'm purposefully withholding Tempest (Working titel for the Hoenn fic) until I'm done, but World Turns I've been making up as I go, because that's what it's whole purpose in life is and I'm much furthur ahead in plot than I am in writing.

If you know where you want the fic to go, there's no requirement for pre-writtens. If it updates monthly, bi-weekly, or whatever, as long is stuff is being put out, and that I'm on a PM list if there is one.
    Haha. Good to know, then probably tomorrow. I'll most likely just put a link here in this club at first, so be watching out for it!

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

If I were you, Blaziken, and a novice author, I would write the first three chapters to see if it goes anywhere, and then post at regular (weekly?) intervals. That way, even if you don't update for a while, you have a buffer and your readers will get a sense of uniformity.
    The best way for me to explain it is through serialized manga. If you read it, you'll get what I'm saying. If not, allow me to elaborate. Manga in Weekly Shonen Jump is just that, weekly. Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, these all come out on a certain day of the week, and the translated scans soon after. For me, they start circulating on Wednesday. Likewise, I can expect to be able to read Fairy Tail every sunday. For the manga that is only syndicated in monthly additions, those also have a fixed date, the last Thursday of the month or something.
    This release schedule, while it helps the readers know when they'll find out "what happens next", also helps the writer, because he/she now has clearly defined deadlines to meet.

If I were you, Blaziken, and a novice author, I would write the first three chapters to see if it goes anywhere, and then post at regular (weekly?) intervals. That way, even if you don't update for a while, you have a buffer and your readers will get a sense of uniformity.
    The best way for me to explain it is through serialized manga. If you read it, you'll get what I'm saying. If not, allow me to elaborate. Manga in Weekly Shonen Jump is just that, weekly. Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, these all come out on a certain day of the week, and the translated scans soon after. For me, they start circulating on Wednesday. Likewise, I can expect to be able to read Fairy Tail every sunday. For the manga that is only syndicated in monthly additions, those also have a fixed date, the last Thursday of the month or something.
    This release schedule, while it helps the readers know when they'll find out "what happens next", also helps the writer, because he/she now has clearly defined deadlines to meet.
    Ok. I'll most likely begin bi-weekly and see how it does from there. I've made an outline telling how I'll be making the first phase/part to keep me straight. I've also gotten through the second chapter and it's going well. (and I guess I've been waiting anxiously to post it)

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Thinking about writing a quick fic extra, taking place between LoH and HP. The only hitch is, only like five human characters from LoH are still around. So "A Very Journeymen Christmas" would sort of entail Raj, Becca, Xander, Mozzeh and Cole chilling at the tower, and that would be just depressing. I can't set it post HP because that would mean toooooons of spoilers about the ending. Cole really comes back a changed man. He wouldn't be the same AT ALL. And it can't be in HP, because I've already planned a christmas thing towards the end of that fic (very gift of the magi inspired).
    Still, I'd love to do a "christmas special" with the league, just like LoH was. Since it's an non-canon extra, I suppose I can do whatever I want, even do something with the new league, or a Christmas Carol-y thing, very Dickensian (I'm thinking Becca could make a good Scrooge :P).

So is "A Very Journeymen Christmas" a feasible thing, or should I consign i to an ideological black hole?

EDIT: Also, newest Hero's Path Chance Encounter is up.
    Last edited by Firebrand; 3rd December 2011 at 10:21 PM.

Thinking about writing a quick fic extra, taking place between LoH and HP. The only hitch is, only like five human characters from LoH are still around. So "A Very Journeymen Christmas" would sort of entail Raj, Becca, Xander, Mozzeh and Cole chilling at the tower, and that would be just depressing. I can't set it post HP because that would mean toooooons of spoilers about the ending. Cole really comes back a changed man. He wouldn't be the same AT ALL. And it can't be in HP, because I've already planned a christmas thing towards the end of that fic (very gift of the magi inspired).
    Still, I'd love to do a "christmas special" with the league, just like LoH was. Since it's an non-canon extra, I suppose I can do whatever I want, even do something with the new league, or a Christmas Carol-y thing, very Dickensian (I'm thinking Becca could make a good Scrooge :P).

So is "A Very Journeymen Christmas" a feasible thing, or should I consign i to an ideological black hole?
    I like the idea, but there's just so many things wrong with it that there's really no feasible way to do it. I think the bolded part is the best way, or you could do something and have both the old and new people in it...
    Last edited by Blaziken10285; 4th December 2011 at 1:27 AM.

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

EDIT: Also, newest Hero's Path Chance Encounter is up.
    Might be okay, if you make me the annoying guy who ruins it for everyone.
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon (because they're banned), I don't calculate stat values (the simulator does it for me), I don't use cheating devices (because I hardly ever play the actual game), I don't breed my way to perfection (because I use a simulator), and I do care about natures. I battle the most efficient way, so I can use my strategic skills to the fullest. I don't look down on others because of the way they play Pokemon, which non-competitive people seem to actually do more often. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by DittoDude.)

So it took a long time coming, but here it is. The Galactic Files chapter 1 is up!

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Honestly, I think Cole's best bet is to toss out a non-universal or spin-off Chsitmas party and see who shows up. Canononically speaking, Cole and Glover can't meet up until after HP anyway, on account of

Spoiler:- almost a spoiler, but I like doing things in spoiler tags. Very Mysterious:

so I'm out of the running. Truthfully, although not exactly fair, I see no reason why the "Old Guard" of Journeymen can;t still be written as NPC style chars, that is they are there, but not really doing much more than cameoing. Who knows though.

---
    Unrelated note: I have anElectivire with a question. I'm running the three special Punches plus shockwave on him, that gives me a special and a physical move of his type inc ase I encounter something I shouldn't touch, like Cursed Body. The problem is, I tend to use Shockwave more than I do Thunderpunch for elcetric type needs, and I'm debasting equipping Brick Break in case any of my challengers are fond of Walls. Should I replace his second STAB move, or forget about it and be happy with one Blaziken w/ Brick Break?

I've decided just to use the "Old Guard" for the christmas extra. When I did LoH, the focus was mostly on the collaboration, but here and now, I'm focusing on the story. I'm taking a lot of holiday-themed... well, themes, and incorporating them. the remaining members of the old league have left me just enough characters to do what I need.

Looking forward to it.

On my front, It looks like Tempest will be sidetracking into the new year to make room for a Christmas Special.

Page 11 of 79 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast