Page 13 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-competitive trainer's hangout mk. III

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    As stated, Alakazam is THE psychic type. It has a diverse movepool, good stats, and is cool, plain and simple. I'd also recomend Sigilyph for some diversity, Reuniclus for walling potential, and Jynx for trick rooming, skill swaping and ice punching insanity.

TBH, I'm not sure on wobuffet. There's a reason he's banned from most comp play. I... I may need to make a ruling on this one...
    Actually, I keep up with competitive battling, despite not doing it, and Wobbuffet is no longer banned.
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon (because they're banned), I don't calculate stat values (the simulator does it for me), I don't use cheating devices (because I hardly ever play the actual game), I don't breed my way to perfection (because I use a simulator), and I do care about natures. I battle the most efficient way, so I can use my strategic skills to the fullest. I don't look down on others because of the way they play Pokemon, which non-competitive people seem to actually do more often. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by DittoDude.)

Ok, in light of all of the pro-Alakazam feeling I am hearing does anyone have a DW Abra they'd be willing to trade? I have a full pokedex if you want a normal pokemon and I also have the basic package of DW Pokemon from the Spooky Manor, Rugged Mountain, and that forest area.
    I've gotten into IV Breeding. I'll breed any Pokemon that can, just ask and I'll see what I can do!

What happened after Ruby and Sapphire? This is my interpretation. Click the banner to read!
    Latest: Chapter 5: Power Plant Problems
    The banner was made by Brutaka

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Hmmm. Is this club still organizing a league? That's a pretty cool idea.
    A Remnant of the Battling Academy:
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/200s1s4.gif[/IMG]

My Current Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Ciliano View Post
    Hmmm. Is this club still organizing a league? That's a pretty cool idea.
    Yes, I believe we are. I am building a Psychic team for that reason.

In other words, Chapter 3, Regirock and Roll, is up!
    I've gotten into IV Breeding. I'll breed any Pokemon that can, just ask and I'll see what I can do!

What happened after Ruby and Sapphire? This is my interpretation. Click the banner to read!

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

league? Pah! I've got a whollle lot fo nothing right now. Hmm.
        Spoiler:- Breeding stuff:

*grits teeth* anyone ELSE want to take over what I'm doing? Get the mods to give a damn? Keep people actually in the group? By all means. Appearances aside, it's not an easy job, as DO can attest. So, who wants to step up and literally take the weight of the group on their shoulders? Speak up now.

Until then, someone organize a few battles. Sorta what we're here for, ain't it? I'll send another wave of messages to a couple mods who can actually do something about the league. If I don't hear by Christmas, screw it. We'll run the league out of the group thread. And everyone who commited, I expect you to be on board ASAP. The regulations that I've stated go into effect RIGHT THEN.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

*grits teeth* anyone ELSE want to take over what I'm doing? Get the mods to give a damn? Keep people actually in the group? By all means. Appearances aside, it's not an easy job, as DO can attest. So, who wants to step up and literally take the weight of the group on their shoulders? Speak up now.

Until then, someone organize a few battles. Sorta what we're here for, ain't it? I'll send another wave of messages to a couple mods who can actually do something about the league. If I don't hear by Christmas, screw it. We'll run the league out of the group thread. And everyone who commited, I expect you to be on board ASAP. The regulations that I've stated go into effect RIGHT THEN.
    NO disrespect was meant, I'm sorry I came across wrong. Youv;e been through the staff contact that was pointed out earier, correct?

I'll help with the forums part as well as I can.
    In other word, anyone want to have a practice battle with me using my psychic team as my test dummy in a few days?

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Yes, naturally. However, in my experience, every single mod (with the exception of bobandbill and dragonfree, who won't be all too helpful here) don't really give a damn when a normal user contacts them, for any reason whatsoever.

Yes, naturally. However, in my experience, every single mod (with the exception of bobandbill and dragonfree, who won't be all too helpful here) don't really give a damn when a normal user contacts them, for any reason whatsoever.
    Do you think they would respond if someone got bobandbill or dragonfree to contact them or if we have all of the current club members to contact one of them?

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

It's been proven before that the mods don't do anything unless a massive amount of people petition them to do it..
    Name: Forrest

Friend Codes
    Platinum: 5157 3904 9220
    Soul Silver: 5243 2898 4231
    White: 4899 6627 4751

The NCTH is back! If you want to join, just drop us a line!

Ice Leader of Non-Competitive Trainer's Hangout!

Quote Originally Posted by Nox_Invictus View Post
    It's been proven before that the mods don't do anything unless a massive amount of people petition them to do it..
    This seems, and while I understand that they have lives too, a bad way to run a subforum when you have requests for leagues, unless its a way of weeding out those who simply want to say "I have a League!"

So I was reading the new rule changes set to go into action on the 27th of December for the wifi battles in BW. They are as follows:
    1. Pokemon can only use moves they learned through level up, breeding, events, or HM/TM
    1-1. Sky Drop and Dark Void are banned
    2. Hacked Pokemon are banned and as such you will not be able to battle with them
    3. Earlier rules still apply past this

So my question to you-will this affect you as this league/club/group-thing begins again?

In my policies I only used the AR in early Gen IV, so I'm clean at the moment. (Hopefully I can say the same about the people I have traded with...)

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

I should hope that those rules would be observed anyway. My stance on hacked pokemon is thus: if you have a hacked pokemon, just don't use it. It's not that hard. However, if you've used an AR to force a random encounter with a pokemon (like a shiny, legendary, etc.) but that pokemon still has the randomly generated stats, then go ahead and use it. But if you come in with a Wondertomb that knows... let's say, Shadow Force, Spacial Rend, Judgement and Inferno, we have a problem.

Any rules put in place by random matchup will likely also carry into the flat rules for wifi battling. But we're an honorable league (or I should hope so) and I don't think we'll have any issues with this.

Gonna ask a dumb question, but how else would a Pokemon learn moves, or doe sit mean it's outlawing Tutor moves?

Also, while Palkia and Darkrai were blocked anyway, why would they be blocking Dark Void and Spacial Rend?

It's dark void and sky drop.
    Sky drop because it does some weird things to the battle. Serebii's done a section on it. I don't really understand the mechanics, but suffice to say it causes a glitch.
    And Dark Void because (though only Darkrai and Smeargle can know it) it's a move that can put pokemon to sleep, guaranteed, and is sorta broken because of that. With other sleep moves, there's a chance to miss. Not Dark Void.

Quote Originally Posted by Glover View Post
    Gonna ask a dumb question, but how else would a Pokemon learn moves, or doe sit mean it's outlawing Tutor moves?

Also, while Palkia and Darkrai were blocked anyway, why would they be blocking Dark Void and Spacial Rend?
    No. Tutor moves are still legit. You see, ARs can make Pokemon learn any move, such as teaching a Sandslash Spacial Rend-not cool. Dark Void is just as Feral said, unstoppable and powerful, as it puts both pokemon to sleep while in a double battle and its accuracy is beast. Spacial Rend is still legit, or would be if something could learn it that wasn't already banned.

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Update: Welcome to the group Indianocean, Sano
    Last edited by Displeased Owl; 22nd December 2011 at 8:38 PM.

I just posted part one of three of A Journeymen Solstice Carol, a League of Hero's holiday special. Make sure to check it out. All members of the old league still active are in it, and all that aside, it's a compelling story in the spirit of the season.
    I guarantee it'll bring a smile to your face. Or at least, it will eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Displeased Owl View Post
    Update: Welcome to the group Indianocean, Sano
    thank you.Still learning all about NCTH.you guys sure have a talent in writing

Quote Originally Posted by Indianocean View Post
    Sure and we do. On that note especially, more fic news.

I have just posted Stave 2 of A Journeymen Solstice Carol, A Threefold Visit. Not only that, but the holiday surprises do not end there. I have posted two chapters of Hero's Path, Unholy Night and Converging Destinies.

Happy holidays everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Indianocean View Post
    Yes, and it all stems from everyone wanting to write something as great as League of Heroes by Feralninja. Just beware, the longer you hang around here and the more you read the more you will have a character of your own you want to write about.

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziken10285 View Post
    Yes, and it all stems from everyone wanting to write something as great as League of Heroes by Feralninja.
    Ohoho! I doubt that's possible :P

Ohoho! I doubt that's possible :P
    Yeah, me too, but I think I said "Wanting", as in hoping they can do at least justice to it. Mine is definitely not as good, but I hope it is good enough for people to enjoy reading. By the way, this probably sounds like an extremely stupid question, but where in relation to Unova (or the closest region) is the Tower of Ancients?

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

So, tell me something guys. What are our standard rules? Do we do level 50 battles or level 100 battles? (Please say 50...) Do we somewhat follow tier lists? Or do we just simply follow Nintendo rules?
    A Remnant of the Battling Academy:
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/200s1s4.gif[/IMG]

My Current Team:

Page 13 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast