Page 21 of 79 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-competitive trainer's hangout mk. III

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    Get at me, bro. It's not going to be as easy as you think. I didn't get to where I am by being crippled by supereffective moves.

Anyway, a new chapter of Hero's Path, Twisted Path, is now up.
    Awesome about the chapter and I know I'm not planning on super efective moves you'll see what I mean.......but after I get the badge maybe we can do an all out battle no ristrictions except Legendaries?

Okay then, I was going to say "hey guys, I just got a Battle Request from Wartiger97. Anyone heard of him?" but it seems that when I sleep off a sinus cold for a day, I miss out on all the fun.

So...

Here's the plan, I'll post up CH1 of Tempest and get going on CH3's final revisions, while you guys review Tempest CH1. Links to come.

EDIT: I coulda swore there was still a chapter in my inbox I needed to review. Hmm.
        Spoiler:- Breeding stuff:

Ah so Wartiger is going for everyone. I personally can't wait to see Feral take him on. Cockiness that can back it up versus cockiness in someone who hasn't. Can someone record this?
    I've gotten into IV Breeding. I'll breed any Pokemon that can, just ask and I'll see what I can do!

What happened after Ruby and Sapphire? This is my interpretation. Click the banner to read!
    Latest: Chapter 5: Power Plant Problems
    The banner was made by Brutaka

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziken10285 View Post
    Ah so Wartiger is going for everyone. I personally can't wait to see Feral take him on. Cockiness that can back it up versus cockiness in someone who hasn't. Can someone record this?
    I just want an insight on how the Firebrand fights a gym battle... *Taking notes*

Oh, and Here's Part 2, offically Chapter 1 of "Tempest", which ties into Xander's Prof. X universe. If you missed "Prologue", it's hyper-linked at the top of the page, so you can get to it more easily. Enjoy!
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/*showpo...cou*nt=2
    Last edited by Glover; 20th January 2012 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glover View Post
    I just want an insight on how the Firebrand fights a gym battle... *Taking notes*

Oh, and Here's Part 2, offically Chapter 1 of "Tempest", which ties into Xander's Prof. X universe. If you missed "Prologue", it's hyper-linked at the top of the page, so you can get to it more easily. Enjoy!
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/*showpo...cou*nt=2
    I'm not going to say anything but that he is a force that is not to be underestimated, at all.
    I've gotten into IV Breeding. I'll breed any Pokemon that can, just ask and I'll see what I can do!

What happened after Ruby and Sapphire? This is my interpretation. Click the banner to read!

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

I'm not going to say anything but that he is a force that is not to be underestimated, at all.
    Fair enough. I know I don't have enough Whismur to pull out of my hat, hecvk I'm still schemeing against you!

Fair enough. I know I don't have enough Whismur to pull out of my hat, hecvk I'm still schemeing against you!
    The joy of psychics: they are still somewhat overpowered, especially if you know what to look out for.

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

The joy of psychics: they are still somewhat overpowered, especially if you know what to look out for.
    Interesting...

Still need an answer on that gym question...

I'm going to propose something interesting. Whoever responds to this first will have their character put in a special two-parter in my fanfic! Be the first one to pm me!

I believe I can do that... I'm not sure...

EDIT: The winner is... DittoDude63! He responded first.

I'm sorry, guys and gals. I'm way too tired this weekend, and it's going to be a busy weekend as well, so I can't put up the next chapter of the fanfic just yet (It is not the two-parter; that comes later). I'll probably get to it next week or so.
    Last edited by ThePhoenixarisen9; 27th January 2012 at 3:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenixarisen9 View Post

Interesting...

Still need an answer on that gym question...

I'm going to propose something interesting. Whoever responds to this first will have their character put in a special two-parter in my fanfic! Be the first one to pm me!

I believe I can do that... I'm not sure...

EDIT: The winner is... DittoDude63! He responded first.

I'm sorry, guys and gals. I'm way too tired this weekend, and it's going to be a busy weekend as well, so I can't put up the next chapter of the fanfic just yet (It is not the two-parter; that comes later). I'll probably get to it next week or so.
    Sorry if this sounds bad, but what gym question? I guess just PM me.

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Yeah, or me, if it's a general league question.

Also, quick poll, what's everyone's policy on legendaries in their gyms? Trying to figure out if my strict ban is more extreme than others. Haaa... I just see no point in using any on my team, so I may as well keep the playing field level.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Also, quick poll, what's everyone's policy on legendaries in their gyms? Trying to figure out if my strict ban is more extreme than others. Haaa... I just see no point in using any on my team, so I may as well keep the playing field level.
    I can't say I enjoy facing legendaries. I guess my attitude would change if I could use the best psychic ones (Mew, Celebii, Jirachi, or Victini). If you're talking about ubers, then I have absolutely no problem with, probably because on my team(s).

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

My rule is what it always has been, rather complicated, but only in description:

You can only use legends available to you by the time you battle me(elite four) in any given region in the Pokemon games. However, you cannot have those of multiple regions. Example: You can have a team with all three legendary dogs. You cannot, however, have a team with Zapdos, Suicune and Azelf. You also cannot use any Pokemon banned by flat rules or by the Battle Tower/Frontier/Subway.
    "Trainer: We would like to invite you to try your hand at a new kind of challenge. The League of Heroes is a league of world-class battlers, with its own set of leaders and elite four members. If you are interested, please mail your invitation to the location listed below with your RSVP and we will send you a map with the locations of our gyms.
    Yours truly, the Elite Four of the NCTH
    Tower of the Ancients, Unova"

If you challenge our league and are lucky enough to get to me, you have a shot at winning the Mountain Heights Symbol. Credit to Northern Lights for the badge.

Name- Becca
    Diamond friend code-
    4554-1150-2912
    Black friend code-
    0175-5378-5095

No, I'm talking pretty strictly the trios (so, birds, beasts, regis, kami, etc.) and things like lati@s, heatran, cressselia. Things with high bst. I mean, I could capitalize on moltres, heatran and entei if I wanted to (entei would even fit into my synergy), but... eh, I don't know.

No, I'm talking pretty strictly the trios (so, birds, beasts, regis, kami, etc.) and things like lati@s, heatran, cressselia. Things with high bst. I mean, I could capitalize on moltres, heatran and entei if I wanted to (entei would even fit into my synergy), but... eh, I don't know.
    I don't think it is too strict not to allow these trios. I think that is about what I have in mine. The biggest thing is it might give your challengers some better chances of winning.

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

My rule is none period, because I'd like to keep a fairly realistic gym fight, and in the "real" world, only a select few will have legendaries, and at that only some "Legendaries" have the opportunity to even be out in solid numbers. Moltres wouldn't actually be that hard to drop in an Electric gym (have to do something about Moto...) but I still would rather not see it. Having three of them though, might be if only for trying to wear down the HP.

My rule is none period, because I'd like to keep a fairly realistic gym fight, and in the "real" world, only a select few will have legendaries, and at that only some "Legendaries" have the opportunity to even be out in solid numbers. Moltres wouldn't actually be that hard to drop in an Electric gym (have to do something about Moto...) but I still would rather not see it. Having three of them though, might be if only for trying to wear down the HP.
    I agree completely with this. I know if I was in Glover's position and used Electric types I would hate going up against all three Regis.

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

A revised storyboard timeline. As Feralninja pointed out, our periods of time don't all mesh up, but they follow a pattern. Also, I blame the Firebrand, jumping through all those space-time hoops and messing us all up. Phht!

Anyway, I've got everything off of Feral's first post on page 1, is there anyone else that's missing, or anyone's stories that should be plugged in here?
    Last edited by Glover; 21st January 2012 at 8:11 PM.

I know this may just be nothing, but since the group has a Facebook group, has anyone thought of reaching into Twitter too? Aren't the two about the same thing?

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Oh please no.

Twitter's more of a quick "on the go" type way to put things up. It is more than possible to have a conversations, but it was not meant for such. Also, I can't stand it outside of using it for chasing trains (long story) and don't have it or a smart-alek phone.

Oh please no.

Twitter's more of a quick "on the go" type way to put things up. It is more than possible to have a conversations, but it was not meant for such. Also, I can't stand it outside of using it for chasing trains (long story) and don't have it or a smart-alek phone.
    I don't either. Oh well. Shows how much I know about that stuff.

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

ummmm does Glover run Electivire or Electross?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaori'sLoveTysuya View Post
    I know he uses plenty of electric types. Other than that he probably has a few he rotates through his team.
    Last edited by Blaziken10285; 22nd January 2012 at 1:52 AM.

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Now now, it's no fair trying to figure out other peoples' strategies. You've just gotta go in and figure it out for yourself.

Why ruin the surprise? Isn't part of being a challenger discovering new frontiers and all that jazz? Plan your team to counter the electric-type, not any specific member of that element.
    "Trainer: We would like to invite you to try your hand at a new kind of challenge. The League of Heroes is a league of world-class battlers, with its own set of leaders and elite four members. If you are interested, please mail your invitation to the location listed below with your RSVP and we will send you a map with the locations of our gyms.
    Yours truly, the Elite Four of the NCTH
    Tower of the Ancients, Unova"

If you challenge our league and are lucky enough to get to me, you have a shot at winning the Mountain Heights Symbol. Credit to Northern Lights for the badge.

Name- Becca
    Diamond friend code-
    4554-1150-2912
    Black friend code-
    0175-5378-5095

:342: Has earned his "Not a syringe badge"
    PKMN HG FC:2279-6353-8463
    PKMN WHT FC:3654-4053-1864
    PKMN WHT 2 FC: 3311-3936-8560

If you are challenging my gym, I'm best available from 7:30pm - 8:45pm on weekdays EST. Weekends are questionable.
    Pass phrase: Piiiiiikafett!
    The Syringe Badge: Good news is, it actually DOES look like a syringe! Bad news, The running gag is now dead.

Page 21 of 79 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast