Page 22 of 79 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-competitive trainer's hangout mk. III

Lady Luck has smiled on the Firebrand once again.

Not only did I defend my pride and assert my strength in a match against wartiger, I have claimed Gokuzaru's badge. Now, I only lack three. Elite Four, consider yourself called out. I'm coming for you.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

ANd the Holy, undefeatable Firebrand fell in battle to the Eclair, Saturday night, and I have also defeated Keyo61491.

Quote Originally Posted by :342: View Post
    ANd the Holy, undefeatable Firebrand fell in battle to the Eclair
    I never claimed to be unbeatable, holy is a different story.
    Anyway, Kami and I will be happy to come along and return the favor come February.

Hey Glover, I love that timeline boards, but there is a pretty major mix up in it. Shiny Expert: Xander follows immediately after The Journey of Xander. Like, the same day. Oh boy, looks like I will have to dust off my DS, haven't played it in awhile due to SWTOR. I can barely pull myself away from that game. Anyways I will be keeping an eye out for your challenge Feral!
    3DS FC:0533-4900-6084

Before you criticize someone walk a mile in thier shoes, that way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have thier shoes.

Shiny Expert: Xander
    After Xander loses the Unova League, he gets a mysterious call from Prof. Rowan saying that he must come back and see what he's found. Xander has no idea what's in store for him.

Hmm. Maybe I should finish my team at some point.
    "Trainer: We would like to invite you to try your hand at a new kind of challenge. The League of Heroes is a league of world-class battlers, with its own set of leaders and elite four members. If you are interested, please mail your invitation to the location listed below with your RSVP and we will send you a map with the locations of our gyms.
    Yours truly, the Elite Four of the NCTH
    Tower of the Ancients, Unova"

If you challenge our league and are lucky enough to get to me, you have a shot at winning the Mountain Heights Symbol. Credit to Northern Lights for the badge.

Name- Becca
    Diamond friend code-
    4554-1150-2912
    Black friend code-
    0175-5378-5095

In addition to finishing to my team, I will also be accepting requests for pokemon or items. If I have said pokemon or item, and enough of it, we can work out a trade for it. How does that sound?
    Last edited by ThePhoenixarisen9; 23rd January 2012 at 1:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaori'sLoveTysuya View Post
    ummmm does Glover run Electivire or Electross?
    15yd Penalty! Actually, I'm curious where you heard I even have an Electross, I've seen exactly two Tynamo in the entirety of the game. Them buggars are hard to catch...

Quote Originally Posted by Xman96 View Post
    Hey Glover, I love that timeline boards, but there is a pretty major mix up in it. Shiny Expert: Xander follows immediately after The Journey of Xander. Like, the same day. Oh boy, looks like I will have to dust off my DS, haven't played it in awhile due to SWTOR. I can barely pull myself away from that game. Anyways I will be keeping an eye out for your challenge Feral!
    I, actualy should have known that. It's fixed, I'll get V3 up sometime this week.

Hmm. Maybe I should finish my team at some point.
    Ah'm gonna have to agree with this statement.
        Spoiler:- Breeding stuff:

If you're planning an Mk III of your timeline, Glover, Dracoburn's Story actually begins a few chapters before LoH came into play. Just a technicality, of course.

This chapter is taking forever. Bloody song references.
    "Trainer: We would like to invite you to try your hand at a new kind of challenge. The League of Heroes is a league of world-class battlers, with its own set of leaders and elite four members. If you are interested, please mail your invitation to the location listed below with your RSVP and we will send you a map with the locations of our gyms.

If you challenge our league and are lucky enough to get to me, you have a shot at winning the Mountain Heights Symbol. Credit to Northern Lights for the badge.

Name- Becca
    Diamond friend code-
    4554-1150-2912
    Black friend code-
    0175-5378-5095

Quote Originally Posted by dracoburn View Post
    If you're planning an Mk III of your timeline, Glover, Dracoburn's Story actually begins a few chapters before LoH came into play. Just a technicality, of course.

This chapter is taking forever. Bloody song references.
    Another reason I'm not fond of Song references.

Also, thanks, I've been flip-flopping those two now, but that actiually does help. I can get the plot line from D's S to FoD through "Carol", and get the plot line from LoH to "Path"* to do the same and pass through "Prof X and the cameo chapters, which can now fit nice and snug between "Path"* and "Tempest".

That, probably doesn't mean anything to you until you see this:

*I relented on shortening Hero's Path to H P because Feralninja deserves more redit than to have his story's initials look like Harry Potter.

Haha, no worries man. I call it HP myself in the interest of brevity.

No complaints on accuracy from me

(though after my first work, Dracoburn's name is shortened to "Draco" in the titles to reflect his character development)

No worries. You done good, boy.

Name- Becca
    Diamond friend code-
    4554-1150-2912
    Black friend code-
    0175-5378-5095

So, since I haven't read all the fanfics, I have a question: Has the new (this one) Journeymen League been established in any of them?
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon (because they're banned), I don't calculate stat values (the simulator does it for me), I don't use cheating devices (because I hardly ever play the actual game), I don't breed my way to perfection (because I use a simulator), and I do care about natures. I battle the most efficient way, so I can use my strategic skills to the fullest. I don't look down on others because of the way they play Pokemon, which non-competitive people seem to actually do more often. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by DittoDude.)

hey guys. just an update. after a defeat by Feral, i have headed some of the advice given to me and am changing my rules a bit for my gym.
    1. no wonder launcher.
    2. flat battles of course.
    3. (gets a bit complicated here) there are three battles. essentially, four of my pokemon must have been KO'd twice throughout the total of those three battles. the other two must have only fainted once. (if you require me to provide a more in depth explanation feel free to ask)
    4. make your challenge interesting. Feral made a wonderful scenario is his challenge to me, it amused me so much i want everyone to do it.
    5. give it your best shot! i accept nothing less than your more trusted and versatile team. have at me!
    i am accepting challenges as of now. but i wont be actually able to battle you until at sunday at the earliest. just message me
    For years you have all roamed this earth searching for what is most important to you. Have you found it? Yeah, you have, you just don't know it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gokuzaru View Post
    hey guys. just an update. after a defeat by Feral, i have headed some of the advice given to me and am changing my rules a bit for my gym.
    1. no wonder launcher.
    2. flat battles of course.
    3. (gets a bit complicated here) there are three battles. essentially, four of my pokemon must have been KO'd twice throughout the total of those three battles. the other two must have only fainted once. (if you require me to provide a more in depth explanation feel free to ask)
    4. make your challenge interesting. Feral made a wonderful scenario is his challenge to me, it amused me so much i want everyone to do it.
    5. give it your best shot! i accept nothing less than your more trusted and versatile team. have at me!
    i am accepting challenges as of now. but i wont be actually able to battle you until at sunday at the earliest. just message me
    So by an interesting challenge, was his in the style of a fic (a story of him arriving and challenging you?
    I've gotten into IV Breeding. I'll breed any Pokemon that can, just ask and I'll see what I can do!

What happened after Ruby and Sapphire? This is my interpretation. Click the banner to read!
    Latest: Chapter 5: Power Plant Problems
    The banner was made by Brutaka

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Quote Originally Posted by DittoDude63 View Post
    So, since I haven't read all the fanfics, I have a question: Has the new (this one) Journeymen League been established in any of them?
    Short Answer: Offically: Not yet.

Long Answer: By the end of Tempest, Glover will have introduced himself to Xandar via a very large wooden door. Xander makes the connection to Raj, and by Draco's Quest, I'm at least in the league. But we have not had an offical "We're restarting the League" fic.

Mine will be at the end of GF or maybe at the beginning of a second fic, one that will come out post-GF.
    I've gotten into IV Breeding. I'll breed any Pokemon that can, just ask and I'll see what I can do!

What happened after Ruby and Sapphire? This is my interpretation. Click the banner to read!

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziken10285 View Post
    So by an interesting challenge, was his in the style of a fic (a story of him arriving and challenging you?
    yeah, it was. short but quite nice. ive been thinking about writing my own fic like you guys too, just wish i had the time.
    For years you have all roamed this earth searching for what is most important to you. Have you found it? Yeah, you have, you just don't know it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gokuzaru View Post
    yeah, it was. short but quite nice. ive been thinking about writing my own fic like you guys too, just wish i had the time.
    I barely do, but it is something worth making time for, if you would like a biased opinion.

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Just to be clear so everyone knows, Any transaction with me (This includes Gym Battles, Casuals, Trades, and whatever other possible request) will have to happen from 7:00pm to 9:30pm EST, that is the only window I have for wifi access.

Also if you challenge me to a Gym battle please include your FC in your post if it's not in your sig, or if you're not a Gym leader (I'm at lookin at you Wartiger). I prefer to not have to go on a full scale epic (yet futile) adventure to find someone's FC.
    Last edited by Keyo61491; 25th January 2012 at 3:42 PM.
    PKMN HG FC:2279-6353-8463
    PKMN WHT FC:3654-4053-1864
    PKMN WHT 2 FC: 3311-3936-8560

If you are challenging my gym, I'm best available from 7:30pm - 8:45pm on weekdays EST. Weekends are questionable.
    Pass phrase: Piiiiiikafett!
    The Syringe Badge: Good news is, it actually DOES look like a syringe! Bad news, The running gag is now dead.

Quote Originally Posted by DittoDude63 View Post
    A chapter or so ago I mentioned Glover joining the league and that we adjusted to include nine leaders rather than the classic eight. But no "official" change yet.

Name- Becca
    Diamond friend code-
    4554-1150-2912
    Black friend code-
    0175-5378-5095

I've been thinking about writing my own fanfic...not sure if I want to...

I'm going to do an interesting challenge. I'm going to go and complete all of my games, starting with ruby up. It'll be:

Ruby
    Sapphire
    Emerald
    FireRed
    LeafGreen
    Platinum
    Heartgold
    Soulsilver
    White

And possibly Diamond and Pearl.

Naturally, this will take a while, so don't go and request challenges or whatnot. Don't worry, I'll find the time to work on my team. Wish me good luck!

Hey I can't figure out how to put the badges I have earned into my signature when I tried and someone said it was blank then again maybe someone gave me the incorrect web adress for his can anybody help me out please?
    My Black Friend Code is 2494-8412-9545 and my name on Black is Trysten.
    This is my badge for the NCTH to earn it you have to challenge the League and defeat me in a battle. Credit goes to Glover for the badge.
    And here's the link to my fic http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...irth-of-a-Hero

*:342: Did indeed beat me after changing his team dramtically, and a disconnect when I froze one of his team members. Is that a legitimate win?
    Name: Forrest

Friend Codes
    Platinum: 5157 3904 9220
    Soul Silver: 5243 2898 4231
    White: 4899 6627 4751

The NCTH is back! If you want to join, just drop us a line!

Ice Leader of Non-Competitive Trainer's Hangout!

These are my new rules, changed a bit after the last challenge. Please look them over before challenging me.
    Rules: ((Additions/changes to the standard rules.))

If somebody disconnects upon my obviously having the upper hand, or changing their team after an unintentional disconnection, they are required to not only wait quite awhile ((See below.)) before they can rechallenge, but also need to form a written apology on the club page itself.

Challenges from now on are two out of three. If you lose, you may rechallenge me two to three days after the previous challenge, schedules allowing.

You may only have two legendaries, from the same gen.

You may not have any doubles of pokemon, or items carried. Period.
    Last edited by Nox_Invictus; 26th January 2012 at 8:01 AM.
    Name: Forrest

Friend Codes
    Platinum: 5157 3904 9220
    Soul Silver: 5243 2898 4231
    White: 4899 6627 4751

The NCTH is back! If you want to join, just drop us a line!

Ice Leader of Non-Competitive Trainer's Hangout!

Page 22 of 79 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast