Page 23 of 79 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-competitive trainer's hangout mk. III

I'm not apologizing when I did nothing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox_Invictus View Post
    These are my new rules, changed a bit after the last challenge. Please look them over before challenging me.
    Rules: ((Additions/changes to the standard rules.))

If somebody disconnects upon my obviously having the upper hand, or changing their team after an unintentional disconnection, they are required to not only wait quite awhile ((See below.)) before they can rechallenge, but also need to form a written apology on the club page itself.

Challenges from now on are two out of three. If you lose, you may rechallenge me two weeks after the previous challenge.

You may only have two legendaries, from the same gen.

You may not have any doubles of pokemon, or items carried. Period.
    Wow... Two weeks, isn't that kinda long!? Some of these rules (sorry) just don't seem fair.
    I've gotten into IV Breeding. I'll breed any Pokemon that can, just ask and I'll see what I can do!

What happened after Ruby and Sapphire? This is my interpretation. Click the banner to read!
    Latest: Chapter 5: Power Plant Problems
    The banner was made by Brutaka

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Then don't challenge me. And :342:, until you do as the rules say, I won't accept challenges from you. Now, I've got two more challengers to get ready for, so if there's anything else, I have a private message inbox and Facebook.
    Name: Forrest

Friend Codes
    Platinum: 5157 3904 9220
    Soul Silver: 5243 2898 4231
    White: 4899 6627 4751

The NCTH is back! If you want to join, just drop us a line!

Ice Leader of Non-Competitive Trainer's Hangout!

I quit. I'm done with this league

My newest chapter, Julius and Juliet, is now up. If you get the time, please read and review it!
    I've gotten into IV Breeding. I'll breed any Pokemon that can, just ask and I'll see what I can do!

What happened after Ruby and Sapphire? This is my interpretation. Click the banner to read!

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Sonofa... History paper > flame war. I really don't have time for this.

Look, I've got more important things to take care of tonight than your petty squabbling. We're going to settle this quickly and quietly. I'll be talking to you both privately, and that's the last we're going to hear on the matter, understood?

Now, here's what I have to say with the other group members as my witness:

Nox: Blazi is right. Two weeks is much too harsh. I impose the "day and a night" policy so challengers have a time to look back over the battles, realize what went wrong, and prepare better next time. It also gives both parties time to cool off and continue on with a clearer head and no hard feelings. So, I would say that three days is the most you can make someone wait to challenge again. However, if there are circumstances in life that prevent a rematch for some time (like I currently have with wartiger, I'm booked solid for the next two weeks), then, fine, so be it, we're all people with our own lives. But you barring someone from setting up a match that long? No, we're a league for fun, and that's just spiteful.

342: You're not three. There are better ways to solve your problems than running away. Let's settle this like adults here. We'll figure out what happened, and move on.

Also, Blazi, I apologize, I've had a lot on my plate recently, I swear I'll get around to read/reviewing your fic ASAP. Which, you know, may well be two weeks from now... :/
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Feral: that's fine, whenever you get around to it, and I can completely understand the overbooked feeling. Thanks for even remembering!

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

The apology bit is my rule, too. But I'm not sure I'd make someone wait quite that long. Maybe a week. Or just until they apologized.

This may just be a league for fun, but we do need to enforce rules to limit cheating as much as possible. I think Feral and I should have a discussion on "official" anticheating rules.
    "Trainer: We would like to invite you to try your hand at a new kind of challenge. The League of Heroes is a league of world-class battlers, with its own set of leaders and elite four members. If you are interested, please mail your invitation to the location listed below with your RSVP and we will send you a map with the locations of our gyms.
    Yours truly, the Elite Four of the NCTH
    Tower of the Ancients, Unova"

If you challenge our league and are lucky enough to get to me, you have a shot at winning the Mountain Heights Symbol. Credit to Northern Lights for the badge.

Name- Becca
    Diamond friend code-
    4554-1150-2912
    Black friend code-
    0175-5378-5095

Also the apology thing is kinda stupid and immature on your part Nox. This isn't kindergarten where something beyond our control goes wrong, and now you want to hear an apology just to feel right, when whatever happened wasn't the fault of the other person anyway. All though the majority of the pokemon community consist of children, you still shoud act as an adult, and asking for an apology when a connection error happens is really childish, and for the record, I was in the same room as 342 had his battle and I saw when the game disconnected. It was a "Connection Error", an uncontrollable occurrence that happens with anything that uses the internet. So instead of being children, drop it, move on, challenge again later.
    PKMN HG FC:2279-6353-8463
    PKMN WHT FC:3654-4053-1864
    PKMN WHT 2 FC: 3311-3936-8560

If you are challenging my gym, I'm best available from 7:30pm - 8:45pm on weekdays EST. Weekends are questionable.
    Pass phrase: Piiiiiikafett!
    The Syringe Badge: Good news is, it actually DOES look like a syringe! Bad news, The running gag is now dead.

That's what I told him. Also. The apology thing isn't just my rule. I was told it would be a good idea to use by Dracoburn. And if you were in the same room, then you can attest that he called me a hacker, and yelled at the game more than once because I beat him multiple times.

Friend Codes

Yes he did, but that's not the issue here. All of this revolves around the game disconnecting and then everyone assumed it was because he was losing. Motive or no motive, you shouldn't, and actually can't MAKE someone apologise for something that they didn't do.
    PKMN HG FC:2279-6353-8463
    PKMN WHT FC:3654-4053-1864
    PKMN WHT 2 FC: 3311-3936-8560

If you are challenging my gym, I'm best available from 7:30pm - 8:45pm on weekdays EST. Weekends are questionable.
    Pass phrase: Piiiiiikafett!
    The Syringe Badge: Good news is, it actually DOES look like a syringe! Bad news, The running gag is now dead.

Wartiger, in all bluntness, keep out of this. I'm not kidding. Draco and I are working on sorting it out in a calm manner, between the two of them. Everyone, this is being taken care of. We aren't going to turn it into a sideshow.

Way to take the apology bit out of context, guys. That rule only exists should there be obvious cheating, such as switching around your team. The error code suggests whether the connection issue was accidental or not. Now, Nox, :342:, most of us are adults, with adult lives, or at least within months of becoming legal adults. Feral had to step in from his busy life to fix this flame war, as did I as soon as I got home from work. Now, let's shake hands, say we're sorry and let ol' Dracoburn get back to her statistics test, shall we?

Edit: Ok, new rule, from now on, if there exist disputes like this in the future, the kind that cannot be simply sorted out in an adult fashion, they go straight to Feralninja or myself. This problem would have been much easier and less stressful to fix had the rest of the group not been sucked in. Got it? Neither of us enjoy having to lay down the law, but we will make time to mediate issues if you don't make it a league-wide fiasco. Please follow this rule in the future.
    Last edited by dracoburn; 26th January 2012 at 7:34 PM.
    "Trainer: We would like to invite you to try your hand at a new kind of challenge. The League of Heroes is a league of world-class battlers, with its own set of leaders and elite four members. If you are interested, please mail your invitation to the location listed below with your RSVP and we will send you a map with the locations of our gyms.

If you challenge our league and are lucky enough to get to me, you have a shot at winning the Mountain Heights Symbol. Credit to Northern Lights for the badge.

Name- Becca
    Diamond friend code-
    4554-1150-2912
    Black friend code-
    0175-5378-5095

Also, in future dc cases like this, you have a duty to your opponent to say WHAT error code it was. Blazi, remember, that happened in one of our battles, and we got it worked out double quick.

Soo... on a non-related topic, let's fast-worward past Path and Quest and Files and and and...

DO we have any NCTH leaders who would be living/based in the Johto and Kanto regions still, or a few now gone characters that I could pull from later?
        Spoiler:- Breeding stuff:

It's all been worked out for those that were wondering.

Friend Codes

Quote Originally Posted by Glover View Post
    Soo... on a non-related topic, let's fast-worward past Path and Quest and Files and and and...

DO we have any NCTH leaders who would be living/based in the Johto and Kanto regions still, or a few now gone characters that I could pull from later?
    What timeframe are you looking at?

Now, it's time to introduce a few new rules for league play. Most of these are common sense, but, I think it's good to put them out there.

1) Voice Chat should be turned off. If you want to banter/chat throughout your match, do so via VM or facebook chat if you're involved in that.

2) If there are any disputes about anything within the group, not just league matters, come see Dracoburn and I privately, as soon as possible. We'll deal with it quickly, and keep things in order.

3) Win with dignity, lose with grace.

This conversation is over. From now on, no member has any right to flame anyone on this group page; starting now, doing so can result in temporary bans, loss of Facebook admin privileges, loss of leadership/elite status or even total bans from this group, both on Serebii and Facebook. Any offense will be reviewed by Feralninja, myself, and probably Displeased Owl. Repeat offenses will cause escalating repercussions. We don't want to have to do this, so please do not make us.

Also, a new rule stands that Voice Chat will be turned off during all official league battles. We've heard some rumblings of cursing and innappropriate language over VC during battles, and as some of our members are kids, we're not going to tolerate it. This rule is on the honor system, but please, guys, just work with us. Any non-league battle is your call, but we want to prevent this from happening again.

And with that, this conversation is over.

Name- Becca
    Diamond friend code-
    4554-1150-2912
    Black friend code-
    0175-5378-5095

I can't even hear anyone with the voice chat, just background noises.[QUOTE=Feralninja;14069585]What timeframe are you looking at?

QUOTE]
    Um, post what you're writing? This is for World Turns, I'm deciding that I haven't got any clues on how to fix non-characterization issues in the already published chapters, so I'm just gonna knuckle down and get it into the new ones until the muses speak to me again, hopefully. Basically, I'm tiredd of not getting anything done on it.

Tme frame I'm looking at is fairly concurrent with the anime, post the games somewhat, and deviating but roughly following NCTH canon. (see my gripe about killing off N...) We're 11 years north of Colosseum and XD, which if you use the commentary in Platinum to date Emerald, and B/W to peg down Platinum is roughly 9 years out, so probably another three after Hero's Path and Draco's Quest, and Galactic Files.Basically, I'm looking for other characters that Glover could meet through NCTH contacts that could help him watch the regions, so short term cameos are out for this particular assignment. (That's a hint though)

For those of you who have not read it yet, or have forgotten, Glover got a call from Celio that the storage system in the Sevii Islands tried to pass a "corrupted DNA code" and failed for fear of injury to the Pokemon. It reported the error, then went looking for a Patch, which it found in the form of the Orre region's storage software left over from Wes and Micheal's days of having to store Shadow Pokemon. This set off more alarms, and Celio raised the red flag that maybe someone was trying to pass off Shadow Pokemon (corrupted genetic experimentation) again. All Glover found though, was a fleeing Team Rocket, (also very much alive and well, unlike what Cole tells in HP) so he set off for the Kanto and Johto regions to see if he can figure out where their ship is docking, and what's on it that they tried to ship through the computers.
    Last edited by Glover; 27th January 2012 at 2:25 AM.

Have you read Paradigm Shift? TR is down but not out. Only Jessie, James and Meowth are reformed. If you're in Kanto, the Bottom of the Barrel could show up. In HP, Cole, Red and Co. beat TR decisively years ago, and it's mentioned Cole has taken down several odd operatives here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    Have you read Paradigm Shift? TR is down but not out. Only Jessie, James and Meowth are reformed. If you're in Kanto, the Bottom of the Barrel could show up. In HP, Cole, Red and Co. beat TR decisively years ago, and it's mentioned Cole has taken down several odd operatives here and there.
    No, I don;t think I have read it. And I was planning to use the HG/SS crew for the plot, (Petrel's mentioned on the ship anyway) but it's supposed to be for Giovanni, not in the name of. Although, that would work for the retcon I suppose, but then again I keep mentioning the anime for a reason. That's a hint. As in, expect cameos. Plural. You might be able to guiess one or two of them if you go back to the early chapters of Turns and find one or two seemingly oddly place lines about things...

From Tempest, upcoming:
    Both interviews put out calls to strong trainers, asking that not just any trainer with a Pikachu show up, but trainers who can withstand long brutal struggles...

Quote Originally Posted by Glover View Post
    *I relented on shortening Hero's Path to H P because Feralninja deserves more redit than to have his story's initials look like Harry Potter.
    Are you insulting Harry Potter?
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon (because they're banned), I don't calculate stat values (the simulator does it for me), I don't use cheating devices (because I hardly ever play the actual game), I don't breed my way to perfection (because I use a simulator), and I do care about natures. I battle the most efficient way, so I can use my strategic skills to the fullest. I don't look down on others because of the way they play Pokemon, which non-competitive people seem to actually do more often. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by DittoDude.)

I don't think it's fair to ban voice chat...that's more a personal choice than anything, and shouldn't be under a League-wide rule.

Quote Originally Posted by :342: View Post
    I don't think it's fair to ban voice chat...that's more a personal choice than anything, and shouldn't be under a League-wide rule.
    The rule only exists for legitimate league battles, the ones that lead to badges and such. But yes, it stands. Just for league battles. You can do whatever you want during unofficial matches, but all league battles will have VC off from here on out.

Name- Becca
    Diamond friend code-
    4554-1150-2912
    Black friend code-
    0175-5378-5095

If you want, I'll put it to vote. Leaders, PM me whether you think having VC off in league matches is a good idea.

In other news, I just posted a new chapter of Hero's Path, Coming Storm. Fans of Blazing Heart and Sin will not want to miss this one.

Page 23 of 79 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast