Page 24 of 79 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-competitive trainer's hangout mk. III

I don't even know how to turn it on
    PKMN HG FC:2279-6353-8463
    PKMN WHT FC:3654-4053-1864
    PKMN WHT 2 FC: 3311-3936-8560

If you are challenging my gym, I'm best available from 7:30pm - 8:45pm on weekdays EST. Weekends are questionable.
    Pass phrase: Piiiiiikafett!
    The Syringe Badge: Good news is, it actually DOES look like a syringe! Bad news, The running gag is now dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyo61491 View Post
    I don't even know how to turn it on
    When you go into the room it'll be on. When you hit the x button it will turn off, and if you hit it again it'll turn back on.
    I've gotten into IV Breeding. I'll breed any Pokemon that can, just ask and I'll see what I can do!

What happened after Ruby and Sapphire? This is my interpretation. Click the banner to read!
    Latest: Chapter 5: Power Plant Problems
    The banner was made by Brutaka

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Quote Originally Posted by DittoDude63 View Post
    Are you insulting Harry Potter?
    Only the movies, as I've only ever read the first book, but yes.

Conviently, once you're done reading Hero's Path, the latest in Tempest has also been put up, and I'm back to working on World Turns.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/*showpo...cou*nt=3
        Spoiler:- Breeding stuff:

Ok, another chapter, Unhappy Reunion, is up!
    I've gotten into IV Breeding. I'll breed any Pokemon that can, just ask and I'll see what I can do!

What happened after Ruby and Sapphire? This is my interpretation. Click the banner to read!
    Latest: Chapter 5: Power Plant Problems
    The banner was made by Brutaka

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

In a majority vote, the leaders have agreed to ban voice chat. Keep in mind, this applies only to league-sanctioned battles, any other battles will be up to the battlers' discretion.

I will keep the voting anonymous for the time being, but if people wish to post what they voted in favor of, by all means do so.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

The second chapter of The Rise of the Phoenix, From one land to the next, is finally up.
    Last edited by ThePhoenixarisen9; 17th February 2012 at 12:32 PM.

Hey guys, I know that I'm not on here much, but I do like to make a post here and remind everyone that I'm still here! I wish I had more time to be on here and stuff, but I do check the site whenever I can.
    3DS FC:0533-4900-6084

Before you criticize someone walk a mile in thier shoes, that way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have thier shoes.

Shiny Expert: Xander
    After Xander loses the Unova League, he gets a mysterious call from Prof. Rowan saying that he must come back and see what he's found. Xander has no idea what's in store for him.

Hey guys, it's an update! Not to Tempest, but to Turns, complete with a cameo by a season1-2 character. Enjoy, review, and have a nice weekend!

Cool. So, to get the club going, here's a topic: Why can't I think of a topic? Discuss
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon (because they're banned), I don't calculate stat values (the simulator does it for me), I don't use cheating devices (because I hardly ever play the actual game), I don't breed my way to perfection (because I use a simulator), and I do care about natures. I battle the most efficient way, so I can use my strategic skills to the fullest. I don't look down on others because of the way they play Pokemon, which non-competitive people seem to actually do more often. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by DittoDude.)

Red face

We are too busy?

Notice: All of you who keep bugging me about finishing my team:

I am almost done. I just have to train my pokemon. Afterwards, I will be accepting challenges. If you want to reserve a challenge, pm me, and I will be sure to challenge you first.

EDIT: Ignore that face up there on my post. That was an accident.

I love my work sometimes, it gives me a chance to thinl as I wonder up one aisle and down the next putting away parts, and muses occasionally hit me. Like this one:

We are Magnezone. You're biological and technological luminesence will be merged with our own. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Writer's block should be outlawed.
    "Trainer: We would like to invite you to try your hand at a new kind of challenge. The League of Heroes is a league of world-class battlers, with its own set of leaders and elite four members. If you are interested, please mail your invitation to the location listed below with your RSVP and we will send you a map with the locations of our gyms.
    Yours truly, the Elite Four of the NCTH
    Tower of the Ancients, Unova"

If you challenge our league and are lucky enough to get to me, you have a shot at winning the Mountain Heights Symbol. Credit to Northern Lights for the badge.

Name- Becca
    Diamond friend code-
    4554-1150-2912
    Black friend code-
    0175-5378-5095

I got a badge set up! Well.. A temporary badge.
    Name: Forrest

Friend Codes
    Platinum: 5157 3904 9220
    Soul Silver: 5243 2898 4231
    White: 4899 6627 4751

The NCTH is back! If you want to join, just drop us a line!

Ice Leader of Non-Competitive Trainer's Hangout!

Quote Originally Posted by Nox_Invictus View Post
    I got a badge set up! Well.. A temporary badge.
    Awesome! I like Glaceon. If I may, what are you thinking long term?

Draco: Agreed, but in this case I find myself so full of ideas and no time to put them all down.

I've got the next... entierty of Hero's Path outlined and ready to go. At the moment, it's Sin and Fire Eternal that have me shaking my head. Bloody interludes.

Aaaaaaaanyway, I recently bred a batch of Chimchar with blaze kick and flamethrower, trying to find a couple females. I have several sitting in a box (males, for the most part). If anyone wants one, let me know. Now I'm going to work on a thunderpunch batch and try to cross-breed. If anyone knows a way for me to get a DW female, please let me know.
    Last edited by Firebrand; 1st February 2012 at 12:03 AM.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    I've got the next... entierty of Hero's Path outlined and ready to go. At the moment, it's Sin and Fire Eternal that have me shaking my head. Bloody interludes.

Aaaaaaaanyway, I recently bred a batch of Chimchar with blaze kick and flamethrower, trying to find a couple females. I have several sitting in a box (males, for the most part). If anyone wants one, let me know. Now I'm going to work on a thunderpunch batch and try to cross-breed. If anyone knows a way for me to get a DW female, please let me know.
    I believe the DW chimchar is only in Japanese ATM, so you would have to trade with another person who has it.

EDIT: I need somebody to help me evolve a pokemon. Anybody?
    Last edited by ThePhoenixarisen9; 1st February 2012 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenixarisen9 View Post
    I believe the DW chimchar is only in Japanese ATM, so you would have to trade with another person who has it.

EDIT: I need somebody to help me evolve a pokemon. Anybody?
    Whatcha got? I'll offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Glover View Post
    Whatcha got? I'll offer.
    You've got a DW Chimchar? You wouldn't happen to have a Charmander, would you? I've got Eevees and Vulpixes(Vulpi? *crunch!* The world may never know..) that I've been breeding, and meaning to trade, my schedule's just been erratic.
    "Trainer: We would like to invite you to try your hand at a new kind of challenge. The League of Heroes is a league of world-class battlers, with its own set of leaders and elite four members. If you are interested, please mail your invitation to the location listed below with your RSVP and we will send you a map with the locations of our gyms.

If you challenge our league and are lucky enough to get to me, you have a shot at winning the Mountain Heights Symbol. Credit to Northern Lights for the badge.

Name- Becca
    Diamond friend code-
    4554-1150-2912
    Black friend code-
    0175-5378-5095

Quote Originally Posted by dracoburn View Post
    You've got a DW Chimchar? You wouldn't happen to have a Charmander, would you? I've got Eevees and Vulpixes(Vulpi? *crunch!* The world may never know..) that I've been breeding, and meaning to trade, my schedule's just been erratic.
    Sorry, that was a shorthand to Pheonix. What I meant was
    Wha'cha got (that needs evolved) I'll offer (to help.)
    I ain't got diddle that's that fancy, I'm afraid, but yes, I am intewrested in an eevee and vulpix of yours.
    Last edited by Glover; 1st February 2012 at 4:05 AM.

I don't have a DW chimchar, but I might know a few people who do. If I do get one, dracoburn will get the other one.

And by the way, read the second chapter of my fanfic, and write some reviews, please!
    Last edited by ThePhoenixarisen9; 1st February 2012 at 1:22 PM.

I was wondering, if we have a wild card, are we allowed to change our wild card, or must it remain constant?

And also, are we allowed to use wild cards in a match against a leader or e4 that does single battles?

Just two questions I had...

I was wondering, if we have a wild card, are we allowed to change our wild card, or must it remain constant?

And also, are we allowed to use wild cards in a match against a leader or e4 that does single battles?

As far as I'm aware, all members of your team can be changed, if you have a few different dynamics within your team structure.

I popped the latter question to Feral before this got off the ground. Aside from the leader's own rules , the Clause rules of the Leagueand those of the Flat Battle, there's no restriction on what you bring to the fight as a challenger You wanna pull out four types, more power to you. I certainly will be planning on type advantage when I face the other gyms, and trying to second guess what their counters are.

EDIT: I've posted a Half-Shot fic to the site, called "The Birthday Gift". What's a Half-Shot? You'll have to read and find out. http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...8#post14095398
    Last edited by Glover; 2nd February 2012 at 12:15 AM.

Many of us leaders/elites actually have several Pokemon, both of the type and wild cards, that we rotate through. For example, as a flying leader, I could have a box with Skarmory, Charizard, Tropius, Nidoking, Raichu, Pidgeot, Swellow, Venusaur, Yanmega, Blaziken and Espeon, but go into a double battle with Pidgeot, Yanmega, Charizard and Nidoking.

And if you're going against another leader as a challenger, in hopes of receiving their badge, you can use whatever you'd like, so long as it conforms to their gym rules. On the other hand, though, if you're battling leader-to-leader with each of you putting badges on the line, you'd need to conform to any rule that applies.

Does that help?

Name- Becca
    Diamond friend code-
    4554-1150-2912
    Black friend code-
    0175-5378-5095

Many of us leaders/elites actually have several Pokemon, both of the type and wild cards, that we rotate through. For example, as a flying leader, I could have a box with Skarmory, Charizard, Tropius, Nidoking, Raichu, Pidgeot, Swellow, Venusaur, Yanmega, Blaziken and Espeon, but go into a double battle with Pidgeot, Yanmega, Charizard and Nidoking.

And if you're going against another leader as a challenger, in hopes of receiving their badge, you can use whatever you'd like, so long as it conforms to their gym rules. On the other hand, though, if you're battling leader-to-leader with each of you putting badges on the line, you'd need to conform to any rule that applies.

Does that help?
    Thank you. You and glover both answered my questions.

I have DW Charmanders if you still want one.
    My Black Friend Code is 2494-8412-9545 and my name on Black is Trysten.
    This is my badge for the NCTH to earn it you have to challenge the League and defeat me in a battle. Credit goes to Glover for the badge.
    And here's the link to my fic http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...irth-of-a-Hero

Page 24 of 79 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast