Page 28 of 79 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-competitive trainer's hangout mk. III

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziken10285 View Post
    You could technically take on Feral first. Not very smart, but I digress.

Feral is the most experienced leader who is not in the elite group, and in that is easily one of the best.
    Hmm... Sure...

I don't question his skills. He is undoubtedly very powerful.

But I have always wondered... Does feral partake in competitive battling?

To answer your question Phoenix...
    It's complicated.

No, technically I do not do competitive battles, but only because I don't have the time. I have a few EV trained pokemon (some on SS, some on White that I use on the battle subway), pokemon I've trained myself and a few I've traded for. I follow the metagame, but only to the point where I'm familiar with current rules and strategies.

tl;dr I don't battle competitively not because I can't handle it, I just can't be bothered.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

hey thanks glover for the timeline. that will be a nice reference. and blaze, im begining to like that idea. i may just have to incorporate that. of course im fine tuning everything,and it may be a bit before i have a perfect cohesive story line. but that is one thing i will take into account when deciding upon my main story plot.

and about the gyms and whatnot, i honest to god recommend that if you want to get into the swing of the league and gauge skill here, take me on first. as far as i know, im closest to the bottom of the totem poll. not to say i wont put up a challenge, but itll show you how much harder things will be after me and what youll have to work at.
    For years you have all roamed this earth searching for what is most important to you. Have you found it? Yeah, you have, you just don't know it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    To answer your question Phoenix...
    It's complicated.

No, technically I do not do competitive battles, but only because I don't have the time. I have a few EV trained pokemon (some on SS, some on White that I use on the battle subway), pokemon I've trained myself and a few I've traded for. I follow the metagame, but only to the point where I'm familiar with current rules and strategies.

tl;dr I don't battle competitively not because I can't handle it, I just can't be bothered.
    Ok. I understand.

Sorry accidently deleted my post when I was trying to edit it then I had to get off the computer. But to answer the question I had a balloon item but what I didn't kow is my brother got my ds and traded the Pokemon that was holding it and sold it just so he could get an ultra ball, but that's siblings for you. Sorry I can try to find another one but no promises.
    My Black Friend Code is 2494-8412-9545 and my name on Black is Trysten.
    This is my badge for the NCTH to earn it you have to challenge the League and defeat me in a battle. Credit goes to Glover for the badge.
    And here's the link to my fic http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...irth-of-a-Hero

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenixarisen9 View Post
    In the sevii islands, there is a gym. Many know of it's leader. Many have challenged him, few have won... Can you win against "The Iron Phoenix?"
    Name: Phoenix, "The Iron Phoenix"
    Type: Steel
    Fc: 1335-1113-6686

Rules:
    1: Flat double battles. Win two out of three to get my badge.
    2: No legendaries.
    3: All NCTH rules apply.

Good luck to all challengers! My gym is officially open! Can you beat the Iron Phoenix, or will you rust like all the rest?
    You guys will love this. Read that last part. Seriously. Do it. I dare you.

What???!!! no legendaries!!!! I was already planning on using Adele, I mean Mew.
    Well I look forward to battling you, I liked the last part as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    What???!!! no legendaries!!!! I was already planning on using Adele, I mean Mew.
    Well I look forward to battling you, I liked the last part as well.
    Those kinds of legendaries aren't even allowed on flat rule battles or trust me, you would see my team rotation Mew, Mewtwo, Jirachi, Celebii, etc. XD
    I've gotten into IV Breeding. I'll breed any Pokemon that can, just ask and I'll see what I can do!

What happened after Ruby and Sapphire? This is my interpretation. Click the banner to read!
    Latest: Chapter 5: Power Plant Problems
    The banner was made by Brutaka

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziken10285 View Post
    Those kinds of legendaries aren't even allowed on flat rule battles or trust me, you would see my team rotation Mew, Mewtwo, Jirachi, Celebii, etc. XD
    It was a joke, I know that mew isn't allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenixarisen9 View Post
    Guys... I need an air balloon... The one in Nimbasa city... There isn't one... Please... I want to accept challenges today...

HEY!!! I need an air balloon!!! Come on!!! I need to accept challenges!
    If you're that desperate, either ask on different threads, put it in your signature, or you know, just get it the old fashioned way on your game, win the points on the subway and buy it. You have options here. You can also just run your gym without one. I'll bet whatever needs it can also use Protect.
    Last edited by dracoburn; 7th February 2012 at 2:23 AM.
    "Trainer: We would like to invite you to try your hand at a new kind of challenge. The League of Heroes is a league of world-class battlers, with its own set of leaders and elite four members. If you are interested, please mail your invitation to the location listed below with your RSVP and we will send you a map with the locations of our gyms.
    Yours truly, the Elite Four of the NCTH
    Tower of the Ancients, Unova"

If you challenge our league and are lucky enough to get to me, you have a shot at winning the Mountain Heights Symbol. Credit to Northern Lights for the badge.

Name- Becca
    Diamond friend code-
    4554-1150-2912
    Black friend code-
    0175-5378-5095

Quote Originally Posted by dracoburn View Post
    If you're that desperate, either ask on different threads, put it in your signature, or you know, just get it the old fashioned way on your game. You have options here. You can also just run your gym without one. I'll bet whatever needs it can also use Protect.
    Yeah... I was being stupid, wasn't I? I got something for that Pokemon...

Ready for battle! Come at me, bros.

I have just defeated Keyo and claimed the Syringe Badge.

I have been bested by the psybrain. Anybody else want to challenge me?

Another question. Are we allowed to use the power items while randomly training, or is that not allowed?
    Last edited by ThePhoenixarisen9; 7th February 2012 at 3:39 AM.

I'm going to rule that as not allowed. I'll refrain from judgement on the macho brace at the moment, but power items are a no.

The Galactic Files has a new chapter up.A Swashbuckling Adventure!
    I've gotten into IV Breeding. I'll breed any Pokemon that can, just ask and I'll see what I can do!

What happened after Ruby and Sapphire? This is my interpretation. Click the banner to read!
    Latest: Chapter 5: Power Plant Problems
    The banner was made by Brutaka

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Macho Brace should be allowed. I mean, technically it makes any training debatable as EV training, but as long as you don't, like, train only in one area or stress out trying to find someone to infect your team with Pokerus, it should be fine. I mean, I use the Mach Brace just to make the Pokemon I'm training tougher as a whole rather than using it to up a specific stat.
    "Trainer: We would like to invite you to try your hand at a new kind of challenge. The League of Heroes is a league of world-class battlers, with its own set of leaders and elite four members. If you are interested, please mail your invitation to the location listed below with your RSVP and we will send you a map with the locations of our gyms.

If you challenge our league and are lucky enough to get to me, you have a shot at winning the Mountain Heights Symbol. Credit to Northern Lights for the badge.

Name- Becca
    Diamond friend code-
    4554-1150-2912
    Black friend code-
    0175-5378-5095

perfect thread! i play pokemon for fun, not competitive wise
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N.) View Post
    perfect thread! i play pokemon for fun, not competitive wise
    welcome aboard! always nice to see more and more new faces
    For years you have all roamed this earth searching for what is most important to you. Have you found it? Yeah, you have, you just don't know it yet.

I'm going to rule that as not allowed. I'll refrain from judgement on the macho brace at the moment, but power items are a no.
    What if we get pokerus can we use the pokemon that were or are infected?

I think that's fine, so long as you don't, say, get pokerus, slap on a mach brace and be overcome with a sudden urge to train up a team of physical sweepers at Dragonspiral Tower.

I think that's fine, so long as you don't, say, get pokerus, slap on a mach brace and be overcome with a sudden urge to train up a team of physical sweepers at Dragonspiral Tower.
    Perfect example of ev training...

Okay, well I still need to train and pick which pokemon I will use, not to mention getting a wireless router.

I'll admit, I've done that before. But that's a tad bit too overkill for me to do with more than one critter every now and then.

Name- Becca
    Diamond friend code-
    4554-1150-2912
    Black friend code-
    0175-5378-5095

Quote Originally Posted by dracoburn View Post
    I'll admit, I've done that before. But that's a tad bit too overkill for me to do with more than one critter every now and then.
    honestly, ive never been able to find the time to even bother ev training anything. EVER. its just plain absurd to put that much effort into something thats going to (at least to me) be just as good if you train it normally, you know, with love and care. haha.

Just confirming that Feral has earned his "look nothing like a syringe" badge, Congratulations Feral! Also I will be editing my rules a bit. Nothing too major just battle style, and something to avoid have the same questions asked over and over again. I'll re-post it here to make it easier to find
    PKMN HG FC:2279-6353-8463
    PKMN WHT FC:3654-4053-1864
    PKMN WHT 2 FC: 3311-3936-8560

If you are challenging my gym, I'm best available from 7:30pm - 8:45pm on weekdays EST. Weekends are questionable.
    Pass phrase: Piiiiiikafett!
    The Syringe Badge: Good news is, it actually DOES look like a syringe! Bad news, The running gag is now dead.

Page 28 of 79 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast