Page 3 of 79 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-competitive trainer's hangout mk. III

I have a ton of shinies. Most are legit that I spent months trading for, but then I got an AR...yeah, you all know where I'm going with this.
    3DS FC:0533-4900-6084

Before you criticize someone walk a mile in thier shoes, that way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have thier shoes.

Shiny Expert: Xander
    After Xander loses the Unova League, he gets a mysterious call from Prof. Rowan saying that he must come back and see what he's found. Xander has no idea what's in store for him.

Haha, yup, I did the same thing, X. But I ran into shinies a lot back in my silver days, 10 of em besides Gyrados. Then I didnt see another until White, when I caught a shiny Cofagrigus and hatched a shiny Litwick.
    I've AR'd a bunch of shinies, my most recent being for theme teams; Lucian and Lexa, an Eevee and Pichu, and Sin and Lisana, a Ralts and Misdreavus.

On a new note: while playing SS the other day, I noted my Charmander had a really high spec attack, and he has a beneficial nature for it. On a whim I calculated his IVs and it turns out he has a 30 in spec attack. So I'm wondering: what's a really good special set for Charzard? Since it's in SS I'll probably be going with Heat Wave and Dragon Pulse but I need two more.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    Haha, yup, I did the same thing, X. But I ran into shinies a lot back in my silver days, 10 of em besides Gyrados. Then I didnt see another until White, when I caught a shiny Cofagrigus and hatched a shiny Litwick.
    I've AR'd a bunch of shinies, my most recent being for theme teams; Lucian and Lexa, an Eevee and Pichu, and Sin and Lisana, a Ralts and Misdreavus.

On a new note: while playing SS the other day, I noted my Charmander had a really high spec attack, and he has a beneficial nature for it. On a whim I calculated his IVs and it turns out he has a 30 in spec attack. So I'm wondering: what's a really good special set for Charzard? Since it's in SS I'll probably be going with Heat Wave and Dragon Pulse but I need two more.
    Well, I like Air Slash, for Stab, and then Focus Blasts to take care of those Rock types that he has nightmares about.

Before you criticize someone walk a mile in thier shoes, that way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have thier shoes.

After Xander loses the Unova League, he gets a mysterious call from Prof. Rowan saying that he must come back and see what he's found. Xander has no idea what's in store for him.

Quote Originally Posted by ducksgomooful View Post
    I have never gotten a shiny, except for the shiny Gyarados. So I hate all of you
    I don't care about genders, but I've noticed that on my current White playthrough, most of the pokemon I catch are female.

EDIT: giratina hates shaymin: I can give you one of the event Celebis from my HeartGold, if you'd like.
    I never had a shiny either, I had to use a cheat on my "special chip" pearl to increase the chance of shinys appearing to 1 in 100

Also I'd just like to throw this out there but what do you feel about legends? I wanted to build my team with groudon but I'm not sure anyone here would like to battle that, so I'm looking for your opinions
    Last edited by giratina hates shaymin; 31st August 2011 at 10:42 AM.

CLAIM LIST-----
    -VALKYRIA CHRONICLES
    - WANTS TO CLAIM ALL VALKYRIA CHRONICLES RELATED ITEMS AND CHARACTORS
    -(DID CLAIM) WELKIN GUNTHER (VALKYRIA CHRONICLES)
    - SELVARIA BLES (VALKYRIA CHRONICLES)
    -'Sunrise' ADVANCE WARS: DAYS OF RUIN (music track)
    .... Uhhh hopefully a pokemon soon3

AHEM....yay.

hello may i join please?

Quote Originally Posted by giratina hates shaymin View Post
    I never had a shiny either, I had to use a cheat on my "special chip" pearl to increase the chance of shinys appearing to 1 in 100

Also I'd just like to throw this out there but what do you feel about legends? I wanted to build my team with groudon but I'm not sure anyone here would like to battle that, so I'm looking for your opinions
    On the subject of legends, I personally only use non uber legends (I know, we aren't competitive, but the tiers are a good measure of power) but I don't mind fighting ubers, as long as it's not like a team made up of: Groudon, Raquaza, Kyorgre, Mewtwo, Darkrai, and Shaymin-S.

I don't see what the big deal is with using legends in just a play-through. They're there, so why not use them? I get that in battling it's a different story, but the tiers are a good way to measure power.

Join the Nazi Zombies Club V3 today!
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1715-0227
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref
    Ibanez needs a less retarded naming structure.
    Ibanez RG7862FR87689.55(pi*sqrt(5x+(y^2)-(z/8)))

Speaking of shinies, I've noticed an odd trend. I have six. All but one of them? Captured on Nuzlocke runs. It's like the game knows.
    As for legends ... if there's no pokemon I've got that's better, then yes, I'll use it, unless there's rules or something stopping me. Full power, maximum destruction!
    Last edited by Joanie; 1st September 2011 at 2:30 AM.
    NCTH Mk 3
    Now home of the NCTH ultimate journey, a league for those of us who play for fun, not for competition!

Also, I have done a story. It is here.

Former 4th Gen Gym Leader
    Challenged: 5 times. Badges given: 1

5th Gen Challenge Status
    Badges: 2 (Previous League)
    Current League:

(Credit to Northern Lights and Glover) 2/9

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post

My special set normally ran Air Slash/Focus Blast, the former for flinch hax and STAB, and the latter for coverage of those pesky rock types. I liked Solarbeam + Power Herb so you can pull a fast one on a Swampert before you get stealth rocked

Also mtie123 you're in!

Joanie, I could never Nuzlocke. I like seeing my pokemon develop over time, especially when they lose a battle, then come back later to win it.

I've done my fair share of challenges, a nuzlocke on diamond, firered, black (failed unfortunately), ruby (also unsuccessful), a solo Onix run on diamond which was awesome I beat Cynthia and everything and a mono flying run on Firered without Charizard (madness!)

Good news people while I once again was busy chapter 2 of Journeymen is closer than ever to being rewritten since the proof read of chapter 1 has been completed. Expect the final amendments to go up along with the renewed chapter 2 'Cruisin' and Snoozin'!

Make sure to PM me with any questions you may have that pertain to this group!

I've become sort of a Pokemon mentor within my friends so I have helpful tips from whatever you may need!

Hey DO, could you PM me with what you'd like me to do with this club?

ALSO, I'm the Dragon Type Gym Leader for this Club. PM me for a battle for the badge!
    Pokemon Black FC: 1034-2556-4236

Proud member of the NCTHUJ League, where the only V's you'll have to care about is getting the victories from our Gym Leaders!
    -But seriously games are for fun, not for competition. :]

Gym Matches: 2
    Badges Given: 1

Unova Mixed Region Team
        Spoiler:- Mixed Team:

I wanna join again damn it. Lol.

[IMG]http://i51.*******.com/21bprls.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i54.*******.com/14xfqqe.gif[/IMG]
    ^Credits to Blackacer for banner^
        Spoiler:- ~Click~:

These gifs want to be the very best, like no gif ever was. To make luls is their real test, and laughter is their cause!

forza 4 is beast
    unicorn cars:
    2007 Gallardo S
    430 scuderia
    Top Secret 0-300 Supra

I have just posted the next chapter of Hero's Path, Hero Rising.
    For any newcomers, in the spring, I wrote a fic called League of Heroes. It is now completed, but it was about our league's struggle against Ghetsis and the evil Team Omega. Definitely check it out.
    Hero's Path is the sequel of sorts of League of Heroes, focusing on the exploits of my character, Cole, as he tries to escape from his fate, the shadow of the war hero the world expects him to be, the ghosts of his past, and in the end, himself.
    Last edited by Firebrand; 1st September 2011 at 3:12 PM.

Ok shiniesrock you've been added

Cool, so uhhh where can I find a list of who the gym leaders and e4 are cuz I wanna start battling them all

These gifs want to be the very best, like no gif ever was. To make luls is their real test, and laughter is their cause!

forza 4 is beast
    unicorn cars:
    2007 Gallardo S
    430 scuderia
    Top Secret 0-300 Supra

We haven't got the league quite started yet. Should be soon though!

Oh. Well I don't wanna be a leader/e4 cuz I plan on challanging it

forza 4 is beast
    unicorn cars:
    2007 Gallardo S
    430 scuderia
    Top Secret 0-300 Supra

You know, if we get the nine leader thing we had planned before, I could also challenge the league :P
    Because I plan on staying on as Bearer of the Flare Badge. The Firebrand shall fight all foolish mortals that stand in his way for this honor!

It's funny that you guys brought this up because I actually included the fact that the league is in disarry in Chapter 4 of Professor X. :P Anyways. I think we should start recruiting now, and I know that you don't like the idea DO, but maybe this time we should put something in the League section of this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Xman96 View Post
    It's funny that you guys brought this up because I actually included the fact that the league is in disarry in Chapter 4 of Professor X. :P Anyways. I think we should start recruiting now, and I know that you don't like the idea DO, but maybe this time we should put something in the League section of this site.
    Now your going to make him mad :/
    In all seriousness this is the right thing to do, but we'll make it you have to be part of the club to battle

CLAIM LIST-----
    -VALKYRIA CHRONICLES
    - WANTS TO CLAIM ALL VALKYRIA CHRONICLES RELATED ITEMS AND CHARACTORS
    -(DID CLAIM) WELKIN GUNTHER (VALKYRIA CHRONICLES)
    - SELVARIA BLES (VALKYRIA CHRONICLES)
    -'Sunrise' ADVANCE WARS: DAYS OF RUIN (music track)
    .... Uhhh hopefully a pokemon soon3

Quote Originally Posted by giratina hates shaymin View Post
    Now your going to make him mad :/
    In all seriousness this is the right thing to do, but we'll make it you have to be part of the club to battle
    Eh? :P I don't really get this, is this about the fic? :P
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Funnily enough guys I AM putting it in the league section :P
    Now then for the fun part

AUDITIONS to fill the remaining 5 leader positions in the Non-competitive Trainer's Hangout League have officially begun! And here's how it works! [ONLY GROUP MEMBERS MAY AUDITION!] By the way these places are subject to change and as a result there may be even less places for leaders (because I've sent out a PM seeing how many of the old ones want to rejoin it would be unfair to leave them out) so competition for the remaining few places will be fierce. If they don't reply within a week however then there should be more on offer.

Basically all of you who want in have to post in this group and tell us why you think you should be a gym leader, elite four member or the champion for you ambitious lot! But it doesn't end there, we'll then shortlist the best of these lot and battle them too!

So this is gonna be a long and arduous process and over the next few weeks we'll be rigorously analysing every single application. And boy have they got to be unique because we're looking for the best battlers in this place to show that non-comps have it going on! Tell us your warstories, your expertise, your claims to fame in the pokemon/forum world, anything you can that'll bolster your application because it's hard to convey through writing alone. DO SAY WHAT TYPE YOU WOULD LIKE TO USE! 5 OF YOUR TYPE AND A WILDCARD. DRAGON, FIRE, FIGHTING, STEEL, ELECTRIC, WATER, ICE AND DARK ARE TAKEN.

So far Dracoburn, Feralninja and Natural Trainer are confirmed as battle judges and we'll also be overseeing the written applications so get going people we expect some amazing battling talent! Apply carefully people i.e. don't apply for elite if you know you haven't quite reached that level of skill yet etc. etc.

We'll leave this written bit open as long as we see fit and will let you know when it's closed. Basically we'll guide you through the whole process as best we can! Any questions ask any of the leaders of the group who are in the first post.
    Last edited by Displeased Owl; 18th September 2011 at 6:23 PM.

Would love to join :/ but no WIFI sadly..
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Page 3 of 79 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast