Page 33 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-competitive trainer's hangout mk. III

Quote Originally Posted by BIGJRA View Post
    Yeah, these games are going to be really awesome and I can't wait for them to come out. And I'm new here to NCTH, BIGJRA is the name.
    (I just made myself sound way too formal)
    Haha, welcome to our group. I think everyone's excited, especially if it comes out around August for Great Britian, then it'll probably be the same week for the states. Game Freak is pulling all of the unexpected announcements! What will they announce next?

By the way, nice signature.
    I've gotten into IV Breeding. I'll breed any Pokemon that can, just ask and I'll see what I can do!

What happened after Ruby and Sapphire? This is my interpretation. Click the banner to read!
    Latest: Chapter 5: Power Plant Problems
    The banner was made by Brutaka

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

YAY 800 REPLIES TO THIS THREAD.

That is all.
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon (because they're banned), I don't calculate stat values (the simulator does it for me), I don't use cheating devices (because I hardly ever play the actual game), I don't breed my way to perfection (because I use a simulator), and I do care about natures. I battle the most efficient way, so I can use my strategic skills to the fullest. I don't look down on others because of the way they play Pokemon, which non-competitive people seem to actually do more often. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by DittoDude.)

Quote Originally Posted by *Muramasa* View Post
    I am a new player I would like 2 join the non comp leauge group pleas e
    Since we kinda steam-rolled Muramasa's post, and I was waiting for "The Powers That Be" to make the initial decision, but I'm going to pull the post back up to the surface so that peeps don't feel left out.
        Spoiler:- Breeding stuff:

Chapter Five of Draco's Quest is up.

Cool. I've checked in.

EDIT: On an unrelated note, I decided to raise a DW Espeon based on one of my irl cats, Mia. She's in her early fifties and just OHKOd Marshal's Toxicroak before it could even blink. I think that's a good sign, don't you?
    Last edited by dracoburn; 29th February 2012 at 4:52 AM.
    "Trainer: We would like to invite you to try your hand at a new kind of challenge. The League of Heroes is a league of world-class battlers, with its own set of leaders and elite four members. If you are interested, please mail your invitation to the location listed below with your RSVP and we will send you a map with the locations of our gyms.
    Yours truly, the Elite Four of the NCTH
    Tower of the Ancients, Unova"

If you challenge our league and are lucky enough to get to me, you have a shot at winning the Mountain Heights Symbol. Credit to Northern Lights for the badge.

Name- Becca
    Diamond friend code-
    4554-1150-2912
    Black friend code-
    0175-5378-5095

That satisfying feeling when one of your chapters just falls into place. The end of TurnsCH15:Recoil is probably one of my best ones so far. I'd love to put it up now, I'm just that proud of it, but alas, I must wait for the proper time to post up CH14:No Witnesses, Pt1 first.

And the astute reader will notice that CH15 is not No Witnesses, Pt2. There will be a Pt2, just not sequential.

Random question: does anyone actually use eject button/red card? I could see it usefull on regenerator or zoroark sets, but outside of a gimmick, I don't really see the use.

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    Random question: does anyone actually use eject button/red card? I could see it usefull on regenerator or zoroark sets, but outside of a gimmick, I don't really see the use.
    Truthfully, I'd never given it that much thought, outside of a "Huh. That's nice." I can see a Regenerator Revenger definately pulling it off if you've got someone who's actually worht squat with Regenerator, get in there, Kill, get out of the way.

With Zoroark, You only really get one surprise anyway, then the opponent knows you have a Zoroark and the cover ID Pokemon as well. I prefer to set Zory up so that the opponent will switch in someone that Zoroark is strong against, and then trump 'em quickly that way, but even there you're hand is half tipped.

Oh, yeah, I use 'em all the time on my gym team. Water, rock and ground types/moves are prevalent, so it's nice if Charizard can withstand a rockslide or Infernape a deluge. Since most fire types are glass cannons anyway, it may give you just the cushion you need to activate blaze and inflict some serious damage.

Hey guys, may I join? I think that this is a great club with an interesting concept!

Of course, welcome to the fold! If you have any questions about us or our league, or just want to chat, feel free to drop me a line.

I imagine it would also work with Retaliate, actually make that move rather useful.. Stick it on a tank or a revenge killer and you can revenge kill TWICE. Without wasting a turn on switching, I mean.
    "Trainer: We would like to invite you to try your hand at a new kind of challenge. The League of Heroes is a league of world-class battlers, with its own set of leaders and elite four members. If you are interested, please mail your invitation to the location listed below with your RSVP and we will send you a map with the locations of our gyms.

If you challenge our league and are lucky enough to get to me, you have a shot at winning the Mountain Heights Symbol. Credit to Northern Lights for the badge.

Name- Becca
    Diamond friend code-
    4554-1150-2912
    Black friend code-
    0175-5378-5095

*SIGH* Due to parental difficulties I am once again unavailable for gym battles until further notice
    PKMN HG FC:2279-6353-8463
    PKMN WHT FC:3654-4053-1864
    PKMN WHT 2 FC: 3311-3936-8560

If you are challenging my gym, I'm best available from 7:30pm - 8:45pm on weekdays EST. Weekends are questionable.
    Pass phrase: Piiiiiikafett!
    The Syringe Badge: Good news is, it actually DOES look like a syringe! Bad news, The running gag is now dead.

Ladies and Gentlemen, here's Chapter 6 of Tempest, a day early so that I'm not on top of Hero's Path, release. Only three chapters left, and an epilogue to go before this little arc is done and I get back to World Turns full time. Maybe.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpos...4&postcount=10

Hey, I'd like to join. It sounds like there are loads that feel the way i do about CB. This is my story.

Everytime I want to restart a pokemon game, I say to myself 'Get Pokemon u like! Enjoy this game! Don't worry about strategy.' Then theres a delay, and my mind starts racing. When I wanted to start Emerald, I wanted to get pokemon I didn't normally get. So, I thought, Treecko, Ninjask, Slaking, Slugma and Gyarados. I never normally have them. Then my stupid strategic mind kicked in. What about the wall, Skarmory? Or manetric? And Mudkip for a starter - it's better. I got halfway through the game. I got to catching skarmory. Then, I think, why not get one with the right nature? I caught about ten, and bred about 15. Then I thought, I'll EV train it, against Geodudes. Then, after raising one a few levels, I wanted one with roar, so I had to breed more. Then, I realised the movesets would be better if I got them in black and white, so I stopped playing.
    All this wasted time, born of peer pressure Pokemon competitiveness..
    Last edited by Scaldaver; 1st March 2012 at 9:01 PM.
    Every story has an ending. Nothing lasts forever. Not any more.
    Read My Epic Fanfic -

Spoiler:- Thanks to DeadlyBraviary!:

Due to false alarms I am once again availible for Gym battles
    PKMN HG FC:2279-6353-8463
    PKMN WHT FC:3654-4053-1864
    PKMN WHT 2 FC: 3311-3936-8560

If you are challenging my gym, I'm best available from 7:30pm - 8:45pm on weekdays EST. Weekends are questionable.
    Pass phrase: Piiiiiikafett!
    The Syringe Badge: Good news is, it actually DOES look like a syringe! Bad news, The running gag is now dead.

I'mmmmm baaaaaaack. And I'm staying for good found out I could be part of both my clan and the NCTH since the NCTH is a club.
    My Black Friend Code is 2494-8412-9545 and my name on Black is Trysten.
    This is my badge for the NCTH to earn it you have to challenge the League and defeat me in a battle. Credit goes to Glover for the badge.
    And here's the link to my fic http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...irth-of-a-Hero

Chapter 43 of Hero's Path, Empty Chairs, is now up, containing one of my favorite songs in the history of musical theater. If it doesn't bring a tear to your eye, I officially disassociate myself from you.

yo can i join the group?

Hey, guys, what's up?
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

I have claimed Pyroar!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowspadez313 View Post
    yo can i join the group?
    Naturally.

Name- Becca
    Diamond friend code-
    4554-1150-2912
    Black friend code-
    0175-5378-5095

Quote Originally Posted by dracoburn View Post
    Naturally.
    Really? I come in here to announce I'm putting Chapter 14 of Tempest up today, including two pun-name villians, and you're response happens to be Naturally? Convient Irony is convienent.

Anywho, here's Chapter 14: No Witnesses Pt1 or "The Lunchbox and the Sundress"
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpos...1&postcount=41

Spoiler:- "naturally":

Checking in to assure that I still exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Glover View Post
    Really? I come in here to announce I'm putting Chapter 14 of Tempest up today, including two pun-name villians, and you're response happens to be Naturally? Convient Irony is convienent.

Anywho, here's Chapter 14: No Witnesses Pt1 or "The Lunchbox and the Sundress"
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpos...1&postcount=41

Spoiler:- "naturally":
    ...I was answering the question regarding joining the group... But I'm glad I managed to make your life more convenient..?

Name- Becca
    Diamond friend code-
    4554-1150-2912
    Black friend code-
    0175-5378-5095

I am also still quite here. I just haven't found an opportunity to respond. I'm going to be taking Glover's advice and (hopefully) post the finale to the second part of the Galactic Files early in the coming week.
    I've gotten into IV Breeding. I'll breed any Pokemon that can, just ask and I'll see what I can do!

What happened after Ruby and Sapphire? This is my interpretation. Click the banner to read!
    Latest: Chapter 5: Power Plant Problems
    The banner was made by Brutaka

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Gym Leaders:
    1. Wartiger97, Grass: Trysten, the Forester
    2. Keyo61491, Poison
    3. Blaziken10285, Psychic: Dave, the Formidable Psybrain
    4. Nox_Invictus, Ice: Mathieu, The Frost Wizard
    5. Gokuzaru, Rock: Gold, the Rock Solid Soldier
    6. Glover, Electric: Glover, Protector of Orre
    7. Dittodude63, Ghost: Samuel Specter, the Ghost Host
    8. ThePhoenixarisen9, Steel; The Iron Phoenix
    9. :342:, Dark: Clair the Eclair

Elite Four:
    1. Dracoburn, Flying: Becca, the Mistress of the Mountains
    2. Karori'sloveTysuya, Water
    3. NaturalTrainer, Dragon: The Gentleman
    4. Feralninja, Fire: Cole, the Firebrand
    Okay, a few changes took place in the league this week, and this post is to alert you all about them. In the recent power shift, I have promoted Kaori'sLoveTysuya to a gym leader post. To fill his spot, :342: requested a downgrade to gym leader. Then, to fill the open elite four spot, I myself stepped up to the vacant elite spot, and Wartiger has entered as the grass gym leader.

Now, to the best of my knowledge, Tysuya has not had any successful challengers, but if he has, I will let him deal with that on his own. As for me... I believe two people have claimed my badge. Now, in recent weeks my team has gone through a major restructuring, and I now have four members who are different. So.

I really like the moltres emblem. I'm keeping it. SAnd since we only have four elites, those of you who bested me, if you get that far, you'll have to fight me again to claim it. But, if you already beat me the once, I would ask you use this badge:

You still beat me as a gym leader. That victory still counts. You can use the Flare Badge as one of your eight to reach the Elite Four, but the Cornoa Emblem can only be obtained by fighting me as an elite.

All right, that about does it for me. Have a nice week everyone, I have a huge irl commitment coming up. I probably wont' be on too much this week, but I'll check in. If you need to message me, I can probably find time to reply, and expect the weekly Hero's Path on friday, but outside of that... well, I'll catch you all later!
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Page 33 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast