Page 4 of 79 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-competitive trainer's hangout mk. III

I'll laugh if I plow through this cuz I'm a noob

[IMG]http://i51.*******.com/21bprls.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i54.*******.com/14xfqqe.gif[/IMG]
    ^Credits to Blackacer for banner^
        Spoiler:- ~Click~:

These gifs want to be the very best, like no gif ever was. To make luls is their real test, and laughter is their cause!

forza 4 is beast
    unicorn cars:
    2007 Gallardo S
    430 scuderia
    Top Secret 0-300 Supra

I would like to Audition for a leader position. I trained under DO for a while, as he was/is my mentor. He taught me his skill and helped me create a great team that has helped me win in Random Matchup in my 3 or 4 battles that I have done on it (Most of the people had a "Communication Error" once their last pokemon went down [Coincidence, I think not]). I've done practice battles before with DO and X-Man and actually won in a couple of them. Thanks for the opportunity to be part of the league in a bigger way.
    I've decided to try for either psychic or electric as a type specialty. Electric is my main choice if that matters.
    I have also decided to add these battle videos. Me and DO: 98-68466-33109; Me and Xman: 72-95417-90493
    Last edited by Blaziken10285; 5th September 2011 at 3:24 AM. Reason: My Battling exploits
    I've gotten into IV Breeding. I'll breed any Pokemon that can, just ask and I'll see what I can do!

What happened after Ruby and Sapphire? This is my interpretation. Click the banner to read!
    Latest: Chapter 5: Power Plant Problems
    The banner was made by Brutaka

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Yeah you do need to add the type. We don't do theme teams this'll be like a proper league. Be warned you may have to change your type if we tell you so don't moan when we do.

Default hey.

Just joined you lot, if you don't mind. I've never been able to train competitively, never really understood the appeal and didn't really want to waste the time.
    I actually know your leader irl, and we tend to chill a fair bit, battling and whatnot. I've even made an appearance in his fic, the journeymen. I'll leave you to figure out who I am (and as a hint, i have never uttered the words get outta your funk, and i still find it annoying that he made me do that. Or that he made me lose to Cynthia in such a silly way.) So I hope that you can provide me as good a challenge as Raj does.

Quote Originally Posted by magikarp-used-splash! View Post
    Just joined you lot, if you don't mind. I've never been able to train competitively, never really understood the appeal and didn't really want to waste the time.
    I actually know your leader irl, and we tend to chill a fair bit, battling and whatnot. I've even made an appearance in his fic, the journeymen. I'll leave you to figure out who I am (and as a hint, i have never uttered the words get outta your funk, and i still find it annoying that he made me do that. Or that he made me lose to Cynthia in such a silly way.) So I hope that you can provide me as good a challenge as Raj does.
    I can confirm for anyone in the group and anyone who reads Journeymen that this is indeed Max, my real life friend (and yes he does say get outta your funk). LOL jk not really. He's a good challenge guys battle him! Hopefully he'll try out for the league

Get outta yo funk? Lol

These gifs want to be the very best, like no gif ever was. To make luls is their real test, and laughter is their cause!

forza 4 is beast
    unicorn cars:
    2007 Gallardo S
    430 scuderia
    Top Secret 0-300 Supra

Not you too D:
    And I knew the Mr.Owl there was gonna say that I do.(And it still annoys me :/ )
    White FC:0604 8580 4483

The Serebii.net social link has advanced to level 6! Your ability to create personas of the hermit arcana has increased!

alright, il give one of these posts a try here.
    i am gokuzaru, for all those who dont know me. i am master of trading, and battling if i do say so myself. a few of the members have seen me and challenged me, won, lost, but it never mattered as we always had fun. i have one of every kind of pokemon, and i enjoy training any pokemon that i like really. id make a great addition to the league for a few reasons. one, i was supposed to be in the first league, but unfortunately i did not have the time. two, i can put up one helluva fight. i may not always win, but its always a fight to the last pokemon. i can manage any type of team well enough, so whatever isnt taken, i can easily fill. id love to be the e4 member, but id probably fit more as gym leader depending on the entrants. champion for me is outta the question, i know there are a far many of you who are greater than i. for i am a humble tradesman, who just enjoys partaking in the vigorous training and battles for the thrill of the fight.
    For years you have all roamed this earth searching for what is most important to you. Have you found it? Yeah, you have, you just don't know it yet.

post in this group and tell us why you think you should be a gym leader, elite four member or the champion
    Hmmmm... Well i am an experienced battler, i've been in the battling scene since Blue/Red version and have many battling experiences against many people (i have been called a master strategist ), and as my vast experince with strategy games and pokemon i have developed a extremely strange and flexible strategy.
    Sooo i'd like to be CHAMPION

DO SAY WHAT TYPE YOU WOULD LIKE TO USE! 5 OF YOUR TYPE AND A WILDCARD.
    The 4 Types i specialize in are Steel, fire, dragon and rock.
    And unlike most people i absolutely love legends for battle and will allow people to use them ( except teams with 3-6 legends (there are exceptions)).

Also i had an amazing idea... all members of the league could have theme songs!!!
    Last edited by giratina hates shaymin; 4th September 2011 at 5:55 AM.

CLAIM LIST-----
    -VALKYRIA CHRONICLES
    - WANTS TO CLAIM ALL VALKYRIA CHRONICLES RELATED ITEMS AND CHARACTORS
    -(DID CLAIM) WELKIN GUNTHER (VALKYRIA CHRONICLES)
    - SELVARIA BLES (VALKYRIA CHRONICLES)
    -'Sunrise' ADVANCE WARS: DAYS OF RUIN (music track)
    .... Uhhh hopefully a pokemon soon3

Guys, fire's off the table. Just saying. You try to step on the Firebrand's territory, you'll be getting burned.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

I'd also liek to say that Fighting's off limits as well. I would like to personally vouch for Blaziken 10285. We had a three on three battle, and he won, so I think that deserves to be put on the shortlist. As I posted on the FB version of this, I would be more than happy to help with the audition process as well.
    3DS FC:0533-4900-6084

Before you criticize someone walk a mile in thier shoes, that way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have thier shoes.

Shiny Expert: Xander
    After Xander loses the Unova League, he gets a mysterious call from Prof. Rowan saying that he must come back and see what he's found. Xander has no idea what's in store for him.

post in this group and tell us why you think you should be a gym leader, elite four member or the champion
    Because I'm just that awesome.
    Kidding. I think I did a good job as a gym leader in the fourth generation league, and guys know I have experience at this sort of thing.

DO SAY WHAT TYPE YOU WOULD LIKE TO USE! 5 OF YOUR TYPE AND A WILDCARD. Either normal or ghost, depending if normal's taken.
    Speaking of what's taken, would I be right in assuming that all of the elite positions are already full?
    FC: 3668 - 8096 - 4107

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    Guys, fire's off the table. Just saying. You try to step on the Firebrand's territory, you'll be getting burned.
    Ok, I can comply with this since I really don't want to get burned...

Quote Originally Posted by Xman96 View Post
    I'd also liek to say that Fighting's off limits as well. I would like to personally vouch for Blaziken 10285. We had a three on three battle, and he won, so I think that deserves to be put on the shortlist. As I posted on the FB version of this, I would be more than happy to help with the audition process as well.
    Thanks dude. That means a lot.
    I've gotten into IV Breeding. I'll breed any Pokemon that can, just ask and I'll see what I can do!

What happened after Ruby and Sapphire? This is my interpretation. Click the banner to read!

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

damn its tempting to be one of the league members but i don't wanna do 5 of one type and a wildcard :/

if the champion can use what he wants id gladly think about applying for champion.

forza 4 is beast
    unicorn cars:
    2007 Gallardo S
    430 scuderia
    Top Secret 0-300 Supra

you wanna like make a post to say exactly how many spots are still open and what types are currently available? that could help some people make their decisions

forza 4 is beast
    unicorn cars:
    2007 Gallardo S
    430 scuderia
    Top Secret 0-300 Supra

Quote Originally Posted by shiniesrock View Post
    you wanna like make a post to say exactly how many spots are still open and what types are currently available? that could help some people make their decisions
    This would make sense. There's only one elite spot available I'm afraid so competition would be fierce for that. There are a potential 6 spots open for leaders BUT this could go down a lot as we're still waiting for replies from the old league members and the champion spot MIGHT go and free a leader spot.

Taken types:

Fire, dragon (provisionally its taken twice) , dark, fighting

TIP: Going with a type out of your comfort zone and demonstrating prowess with it is a huge plus. But we'll be monitoring people who make these claims very carefully

Quote Originally Posted by Displeased Owl View Post
    This would make sense. There's only one elite spot available I'm afraid so competition would be fierce for that. There are a potential 6 spots open for leaders BUT this could go down a lot as we're still waiting for replies from the old league members and the champion spot MIGHT go and free a leader spot.

Taken types:

Fire, dragon (provisionally its taken twice) , dark, fighting

TIP: Going with a type out of your comfort zone and demonstrating prowess with it is a huge plus. But we'll be monitoring people who make these claims very carefully
    Then i'd like to say either bug, steel or ghost as my types for my earlier post

And i also standby themes for the league members (from gyms to champ)
    Last edited by giratina hates shaymin; 4th September 2011 at 3:00 PM.

CLAIM LIST-----
    -VALKYRIA CHRONICLES

Quote Originally Posted by giratina hates shaymin View Post
    Then i'd like to say either bug, steel or ghost as my types for my earlier post

And i also standby themes for the league members (from gyms to champ)
    Sorry GHS, but the idea of themes are out. Being a gym leader is supposed to prove that you can take on a wide variety of types, with just your chosen specialty. Even if it looks like the pokemon should be of a certain type (like Charizard looks like a Dragon) it still doesn't change the fact that it isn't a dragon type. Same thing with the Stunfisk example.

Before you criticize someone walk a mile in thier shoes, that way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have thier shoes.

After Xander loses the Unova League, he gets a mysterious call from Prof. Rowan saying that he must come back and see what he's found. Xander has no idea what's in store for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Xman96 View Post
    Sorry GHS, but the idea of themes are out. Being a gym leader is supposed to prove that you can take on a wide variety of types, with just your chosen specialty. Even if it looks like the pokemon should be of a certain type (like Charizard looks like a Dragon) it still doesn't change the fact that it isn't a dragon type. Same thing with the Stunfisk example.
    errr where did you pull out that last bit about what i said?
    i wanted to change the types to one of them (which i decided as being ghost)

CLAIM LIST-----
    -VALKYRIA CHRONICLES

Okay so no more elite spots as one of our existing members has upgraded to STEEL ELITE. Now you're filling leader spots and maybe champ

Quote Originally Posted by giratina hates shaymin View Post
    errr where did you pull out that last bit about what i said?
    i wanted to change the types to one of them (which i decided as being ghost)
    *Facepalm* I'm sorry, I mistook you for talking about making theme teams. Like Lance having a "Dragon" team, but using Charizard, Aerodactyl, and Gyrados. Sorry about the mix up.

I too want to apply to for a gym leader position. I've plenty of experience battling online, and I'm always up for a battle and a challenge. . As for gym typing, I think I'd probably go for grass, maybe steel, or fire(but that's most likely taken.) or even bug. I'm quite happy to do any of those if you have a preference.
    Also, like Giratina, i have no complaint over people using a legendary if they so wish. (as the steel team may contain one as well).

Also, would the battles be a set style, such as single only, or would leaders/elite get to choose how they battle?
    White FC:0604 8580 4483

The Serebii.net social link has advanced to level 6! Your ability to create personas of the hermit arcana has increased!

Also, would the battles be a set style, such as single only, or would leaders/elite get to choose how they battle?
    When there was a group, the leaders were able to decide the format of the battle, so I would expect that to stay the same.

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

I too want to apply to for a gym leader position. I've plenty of experience battling online, and I'm always up for a battle and a challenge. . As for gym typing, I think I'd probably go for grass, maybe steel, or fire(but that's most likely taken.) or even bug. I'm quite happy to do any of those if you have a preference.
    Also, like Giratina, i have no complaint over people using a legendary if they so wish. (as the steel team may contain one as well).

Good, cause nobody would let me use legends anywhere and I was planning on using my signature pokemon
    PS: its really hard to type on an iPhone

CLAIM LIST-----
    -VALKYRIA CHRONICLES

so what pokemon are not allowed to be used in this? those uber legends? raikou registeel and Co. are alright?

forza 4 is beast
    unicorn cars:
    2007 Gallardo S
    430 scuderia
    Top Secret 0-300 Supra

Page 4 of 79 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast