Page 45 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1954

Thread: Non-competitive trainer's hangout mk. III

Quote Originally Posted by Keyo61491 View Post
    I've already proven that wobbufett isn't even a threat. Send in a ghost type with physical moves or a dark type is special moves and its completely screwed. And since theres no switching from either side, thats a guaranteed win for the opponent. Wobbufett shouldn't be banned. FEAR pokemon's major weakness is weather and damaging status conditions. Ghost types are immune to FEAR since endeavor cant hit them. FEAR shouldn't be banned either.

and I said I'm offering a HG Latias
    In a multi member team, you're right, but this is 1v1 matchups. You can't say "Whoops! I ned to switrch in a ghost!" Likewise, if you're not running a weather team, and cinsidering we don't have a supporting Pokemon it;s up to the battler to set up its own weather, wasting a move, there's every chance that that FEAR is going to be a very effective Guillotine. And speaking of which, there are ways around THAT too, but we still have them banned per NCTH rules.

So, yes. Can the rat, the bat, and everything else that goes bump in the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Mug View Post
    HER. Cough cough. Yes, Becca is not the only girl here.

Also, I thought at first that prizes would be cool, but after all this commotion about it, I'm with Glover. Next time, let's just not do prizes. Bragging rights are very valuable.
    And these things:

Last edited by Glover; 11th April 2012 at 6:33 PM.
        Spoiler:- Breeding stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by Glover View Post
    In a multi member team, you're right, but this is 1v1 matchups. You can't say "Whoops! I ned to switrch in a ghost!" Likewise, if you're not running a weather team, and cinsidering we don't have a supporting Pokemon it;s up to the battler to set up its own weather, wasting a move, there's every chance that that FEAR is going to be a very effective Guillotine. And speaking of which, there are ways around THAT too, but we still have them banned per NCTH rules.
    And this is exactly what my beef is with 1v1 battles. No matter what Pokemon you use whether it be as busted as a FEAR Arron, or as lame as a Luv disc, there's always that after thought when you chose a pokemon to battle with alone of "God, I hope that no one is using a [Insert perfect counter pokemon here]" or "I hope someone uses a [Insert easy win pokemon here]" and since we're not allowed to reveal anyone's pokemon including our own. Then you might as well ban a crap load of pokemon because the majority that exist are usually unstopable unless you have a specific typing, moveset, ability, stat spread or whatever. It's like banning Darmanitan because the odds of someone choosing an Air balloon Flash Fire Chandelure are low.
    PKMN HG FC:2279-6353-8463
    PKMN WHT FC:3654-4053-1864
    PKMN WHT 2 FC: 3311-3936-8560

If you are challenging my gym, I'm best available from 7:30pm - 8:45pm on weekdays EST. Weekends are questionable.
    Pass phrase: Piiiiiikafett!
    The Syringe Badge: Good news is, it actually DOES look like a syringe! Bad news, The running gag is now dead.

I banned FEAR.

On a non tournament-note, I think it may be time we re-evaluated the group leaders. Check out the times posted in the thread by our current leaders.

Feralninja: 170
    Dracoburn: 77
    :342: 17
    NaturalTrainer:Only 7
    Xman96: 26

Now, here's some non-members.

Glover: 170, equal to Feral.
    Blazkien10285: 145
    Me: 73
    ThePhoenixarisen9: 63
    Keyo61491: 51

Just a suggestion, but I think everyone should take this into consideration.
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon (because they're banned), I don't calculate stat values (the simulator does it for me), I don't use cheating devices (because I hardly ever play the actual game), I don't breed my way to perfection (because I use a simulator), and I do care about natures. I battle the most efficient way, so I can use my strategic skills to the fullest. I don't look down on others because of the way they play Pokemon, which non-competitive people seem to actually do more often. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by DittoDude.)

Quote Originally Posted by DittoDude63 View Post
    I banned FEAR.

On a non tournament-note, I think it may be time we re-evaluated the group leaders. Check out the times posted in the thread by our current leaders.

Well that says a lot I haven't even seen naturaltrainer on at all since I joined at all and some others are off for weeks on end...
    What are FEAR Pokemon? I've never seen that term used until just a second ago?.
    My Black Friend Code is 2494-8412-9545 and my name on Black is Trysten.
    This is my badge for the NCTH to earn it you have to challenge the League and defeat me in a battle. Credit goes to Glover for the badge.
    And here's the link to my fic http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...irth-of-a-Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Wartiger97 View Post
    Well that says a lot I haven't even seen naturaltrainer on at all since I joined at all and some others are off for weeks on end...
    What are FEAR Pokemon? I've never seen that term used until just a second ago?.
    Basically, it's a low-level Pokemon with either a Focus Sash or the ability Sturdy, Endeavor, and a priority move. The way it works is this.

Charizard used Flamethrower!
    Rattata hung on using its Focus Sash!
    Rattata used Endeavor!
    Rattata used Quick Attack!
    Charizard fainted!
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon (because they're banned), I don't calculate stat values (the simulator does it for me), I don't use cheating devices (because I hardly ever play the actual game), I don't breed my way to perfection (because I use a simulator), and I do care about natures. I battle the most efficient way, so I can use my strategic skills to the fullest. I don't look down on others because of the way they play Pokemon, which non-competitive people seem to actually do more often. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by DittoDude.)

Im going to the VGC this year and am gonna do some coverage for my youtube channel.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________
    For seriously, call me Iams or Darkrai please ^^
    Currently training for the VGC.
    I own many event pokemon from all events other than dream world ones, if you missed an event I can work out a deal with you =^^=

~~~~Proud Furry~~~~

Ok so that's what some kid was trying to pull except I had a Dragonite that couldn't be flinched and was twice as fast so in all it was a fail. If you have a Pokemon that can't flinch you can mess up their plan easily.
    It has nothing to do with flinching.

Ok so that's what some kid was trying to pull except I had a Dragonite that couldn't be flinched and was twice as fast so in all it was a fail. If you have a Pokemon that can't flinch you can mess up their plan easily.
    The idea is that your opponent has a Lv.5 pokemon that has about 10 Hp. Assuming you attacked it, it will survive by 1 Hp becaue either has a focus sash or the ability sturdy. On that same turn, your opponent uses endeavor to bring your pokemon's Hp down to 1, no matter how much you have. and then use quick attack or any other priority move to get the KO. This is an especially dickish strategy when a pokemon has sturdy since chances are it will have a Heal Bell. Heal Bell, heals your opponent buy about 10% of the damage he does to you. Since his pokemon only has about a max of 10-15 Hp, It'll always heal 100% so it can use sturdy over and over again

But like I said. Fear pokemon have very exploitable but specific weaknesses. Weather conditions like sandstorm and hail negate Sturdy and the focus sash, so the pokemon may survive the first hit, but the weather will kill it. Same goes for Poison or burn. Fear pokemon can't kill anything that has leftovers since they'll only do no more than say 10 hp of damage regardless of defenses. Fake out or any flinching moves negates endeavor if it succeeds. And ghost types are immune to endeavor. Then there Embargo, Gastro Acid, Attacks that come with status effects like flamethrower. Confusion, Para-flinch tactics, multi hit moves, substitute, other priority moves when they are at one Hp. there are all kind os anti-fear strategies
    Last edited by Keyo61491; 11th April 2012 at 11:10 PM.

If you are challenging my gym, I'm best available from 7:30pm - 8:45pm on weekdays EST. Weekends are questionable.
    The Syringe Badge: Good news is, it actually DOES look like a syringe! Bad news, The running gag is now dead.

Wow that's just retarded I thought endeavor was the instant flinch move.
    My Black Friend Code is 2494-8412-9545 and my name on Black is Trysten.
    This is my badge for the NCTH to earn it you have to challenge the League and defeat me in a battle. Credit goes to Glover for the badge.
    And here's the link to my fic http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...irth-of-a-Hero

see edit above

I banned FEAR.

Well, I can't vouch for Naturaltrainer and Tysura, who I'll eventually have to contact for a battle. Xman, if you didn't see, resigned from his position. The others at least get on more than once a century... Maybe they are on the Facebook group, unlike me.
    I've gotten into IV Breeding. I'll breed any Pokemon that can, just ask and I'll see what I can do!

What happened after Ruby and Sapphire? This is my interpretation. Click the banner to read!
    Latest: Chapter 5: Power Plant Problems
    The banner was made by Brutaka

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziken10285 View Post
    Well, I can't vouch for Naturaltrainer and Tysura, who I'll eventually have to contact for a battle. Xman, if you didn't see, resigned from his position. The others at least get on more than once a century... Maybe they are on the Facebook group, unlike me.
    Xman only said he was resigning from his E4 position.

And that's what I meant. Besides, he has almost posted nothing since he did resign.
    I've gotten into IV Breeding. I'll breed any Pokemon that can, just ask and I'll see what I can do!

What happened after Ruby and Sapphire? This is my interpretation. Click the banner to read!

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Quote Originally Posted by Keyo61491 View Post
    And this is exactly what my beef is with 1v1 battles. No matter what Pokemon you use whether it be as busted as a FEAR Arron, or as lame as a Luv disc, there's always that after thought when you chose a pokemon to battle with alone of "God, I hope that no one is using a [Insert perfect counter pokemon here]" or "I hope someone uses a [Insert easy win pokemon here]" and since we're not allowed to reveal anyone's pokemon including our own. Then you might as well ban a crap load of pokemon because the majority that exist are usually unstopable unless you have a specific typing, moveset, ability, stat spread or whatever. It's like banning Darmanitan because the odds of someone choosing an Air balloon Flash Fire Chandelure are low.
    This is what I was looking forward too int he tourney. I hope we all end up doing this, ya'all are a right honorable bunch of lads and lasses: You take one well raised, though not EV'd, Pokemon: Give it a good spread of moves that match the stats it naturally has best (Physical brawler, guerilla warfare, what have you) an item that matches the moves and or the ability, and we set it against one another so that it's not about KILL EM ALL, it's just who's got the better build, the ability to think ahead a few moves, and who's got the RNG's favor. I hope to make it past the first round, not because I want to win, but because I have next to no experience in single battles over the wifi. My limitwed trials have resulted in me lasting a turn and a half, and I'd like to see what everyone else is doing.

On the tourney, it occurs to me that we'll have to ban use of Switch/Turn/Pass moves as well, since those will force a change in Pokemon that we really don't want, if that hasn't been done already.

Also, I've decided that my Prize Pokemon should be a PayDay Purrloin, since she's the only Pokemon who can learn it from Meowth. I shall call him/her/it "Cash", so that when you beat me you can claim your "Cash" prize. However, since I do not yet have this Purrloin, you'll have to get a voucher from me so I don't hold up this darned tourney.

But I haven't seen Xander on the Fb page either.

Speaking of him, the Epilogue to Tempest, and Glover's jaunt through Hoenn is now up. Since Xander has dissappeared, and isn't likely to finish Professor X anytime soon, I may do a one-shot to wrap up the Hoenn arc as an "Alternate Ending" bonus feature, since I have no clue what Xman had in mind. Where I'll stick that, who knows. I still have to write it first.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...5#post14412315
    Last edited by Glover; 12th April 2012 at 8:38 AM.

Well, now that we all have our prizes, we can start battling.

I'm good to battle now, same time as always

The latest Hero's Path, Grand Maestro is up.

And with the release of the CoroCoro scans, the BW2 spec threads are exploding with activity. Its time for all of us to slap a link to the hangout in our sigs and post up a storm. Advertise like crazy, lads and lasses.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post

And with the release of the CoroCoro scans, the BW2 spec threads are exploding with activity. Its time for all of us to slap a link to the hangout in our sigs and post up a storm. Advertise like crazy, lads and lasses.
    You're early.

I'm not quite sure I'm ready to dive into the spec threads though, would rather be somewhat surprised when I get it in-hand. I'm curious to hear which versons we'll all be getting first, though. And I think, I've not decided yet though, but I think this playthrough will be from Janie's persective for World Turns and not from Glover's.

Quote Originally Posted by Glover View Post
    You're early.
    Yeah, I have college visits this weekend, so I won't have time to post tomorrow or saturday. But the chapter was ready, so... yeah.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post

These games look interesting. Amazing how the starting place is totally different and that there are a few different leaders. I bet I'll spend a long time in those Threads! XD

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

I'm with Glover. I like the element of surprise, which we haven't really been able to get until BW came out, since it was only Gen V Pokemon first off.

But it is an excellent idea.

Glover has done it again. Taking a cue from the trading card game, which was what essentially brought me to the franchise, I thought of it as a good idea. Behold, the new badge for my gym:

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziken10285 View Post
    Glover has done it again. Taking a cue from the trading card game, which was what essentially brought me to the franchise, I thought of it as a good idea. Behold, the new badge for my gym:

Pretty cool. I look forward to earning it after the tourney.

Pretty cool. I look forward to earning it after the tourney.
    Cool, so you're going to start challenges? I'll await your challenge.

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Checking in. "Let's here it for me! Wait, that was wrong..."

Not much new. Trained a bit. Got way further in White. I'm thinking I'm gonna go work on m'next chapter now.
    "Trainer: We would like to invite you to try your hand at a new kind of challenge. The League of Heroes is a league of world-class battlers, with its own set of leaders and elite four members. If you are interested, please mail your invitation to the location listed below with your RSVP and we will send you a map with the locations of our gyms.
    Yours truly, the Elite Four of the NCTH
    Tower of the Ancients, Unova"

If you challenge our league and are lucky enough to get to me, you have a shot at winning the Mountain Heights Symbol. Credit to Northern Lights for the badge.

Name- Becca
    Diamond friend code-
    4554-1150-2912
    Black friend code-
    0175-5378-5095

Page 45 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast