Page 5 of 79 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-competitive trainer's hangout mk. III

Quote Originally Posted by shiniesrock View Post
    so what pokemon are not allowed to be used in this? those uber legends? raikou registeel and Co. are alright?
    Actually, it depends on the gym, as each leader makes his/her own rules. In my gym, non uber legendaries are allowed, because I myself use one. In others though the rules could be different.
    3DS FC:0533-4900-6084

Before you criticize someone walk a mile in thier shoes, that way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have thier shoes.

Shiny Expert: Xander
    After Xander loses the Unova League, he gets a mysterious call from Prof. Rowan saying that he must come back and see what he's found. Xander has no idea what's in store for him.

oh, I'd also be up for being a dark type leader aswell if we make our own rules then. I'm really not too bothered what type i use. Guess it'll depend on what other people choose.

I'm guessing that it's gonna be actual game style, in that you have to beat all leaders before challenging elite/champ, and do you get some sort of account mark to prove you beat a leader or something?
    White FC:0604 8580 4483

The Serebii.net social link has advanced to level 6! Your ability to create personas of the hermit arcana has increased!

it would be cool if they all had badges and when u beat them u get the badges to put in your sig.

[IMG]http://i51.*******.com/21bprls.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i54.*******.com/14xfqqe.gif[/IMG]
    ^Credits to Blackacer for banner^
        Spoiler:- ~Click~:

These gifs want to be the very best, like no gif ever was. To make luls is their real test, and laughter is their cause!

forza 4 is beast
    unicorn cars:
    2007 Gallardo S
    430 scuderia
    Top Secret 0-300 Supra

We do have badges. Or I do. I used to use the Northern Lights Typhlosion one, but I think I'll be switching to they Entei sigil.
    My rules on legendaries are unique. I use flat battle, so anything not allowed there isn't allowed. Also you can only use legends from certain groups, the birds and the beasts. Moltres and Entei are in my rotation, so you can use them, alnog with Zapdos, Articuno, Raikou and Suicune.

Also, before anyone asks, no, I won't be editing/changing League of Heroes so that all the new leaders and positions are reflected. That ship has sailed.
    Last edited by Firebrand; 4th September 2011 at 4:01 PM.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

So how do we do badges then? Just tell them to put something in their sig or what?

The Serebii.net social link has advanced to level 6! Your ability to create personas of the hermit arcana has increased!

1. Feral I assure you that would be ridiculous to amend and if anyone so much as demanded that I'd personally shoot them.

2. Max, dark is taken so looks like you'd have to use grass as you told me before. And yup it works just like the games but with non-comps but with the twist that the first trainer to beat the league is crowned 'Red' and he/she is the only person that can actually be kicked out of the rotation by being beat. And you have to keep track of your own badges but sometimes our members make badges for each other.

By the way my judging panel, in the event that the old gym leaders all come back and the number of places is therefore lessened, what do you think of the idea of having backups or shifts? Like if a leader needs to go on hiatus they can tag in another leader of the same type to do their duty and award the same badge? Or they could take regular shift I dunno your call

Don't worry about the fic thing, I've got a fix for it...
    3DS FC:0533-4900-6084

Before you criticize someone walk a mile in thier shoes, that way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have thier shoes.

Shiny Expert: Xander
    After Xander loses the Unova League, he gets a mysterious call from Prof. Rowan saying that he must come back and see what he's found. Xander has no idea what's in store for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Displeased Owl View Post
    1. Feral I assure you that would be ridiculous to amend and if anyone so much as demanded that I'd personally shoot them.

2. Max, dark is taken so looks like you'd have to use grass as you told me before. And yup it works just like the games but with non-comps but with the twist that the first trainer to beat the league is crowned 'Red' and he/she is the only person that can actually be kicked out of the rotation by being beat. And you have to keep track of your own badges but sometimes our members make badges for each other.

By the way my judging panel, in the event that the old gym leaders all come back and the number of places is therefore lessened, what do you think of the idea of having backups or shifts? Like if a leader needs to go on hiatus they can tag in another leader of the same type to do their duty and award the same badge? Or they could take regular shift I dunno your call
    Well, as i mentioned, i could also do bug since I have a decent bug team it turns out.
    And i suppose old gym leaders do have a kind of right to continue where they left off. Maybe make a duel gym like tate and liza, where they have to beat both or something?

i like the hiatus thing cuz i cannot seem to connect to giratina hates shaymin nor can i do anything to resolve the problem

These gifs want to be the very best, like no gif ever was. To make luls is their real test, and laughter is their cause!

forza 4 is beast
    unicorn cars:
    2007 Gallardo S
    430 scuderia
    Top Secret 0-300 Supra

as for feral using flat rule how will that work cuz the idea of this is to have 5 of your type and a wild card right? and being limited to 3 pokemon wont be as fun. :/

forza 4 is beast
    unicorn cars:
    2007 Gallardo S
    430 scuderia
    Top Secret 0-300 Supra

Yeah I think one spot went earlier

hey just saying did i have a right to the fighting type since i was a former leader? just saying, don't wanna be in the league cuz im gonna make sure i become the champion, i think whoever get champion then loses it to whoever beat every1 else should lose their champion place to the victor. lol :P

forza 4 is beast
    unicorn cars:
    2007 Gallardo S
    430 scuderia
    Top Secret 0-300 Supra

So how many leader places are still up for grabs?
    And shiny, so it isn't just me you can't connect to?

oh sorry it was you i was thinking of rofl

forza 4 is beast
    unicorn cars:
    2007 Gallardo S
    430 scuderia
    Top Secret 0-300 Supra

So, I have a question. This might sound dumb but is it ok to use pokemon in casual battles you got from trades even if you have suspicions that those pokemon were EV trained by their previous user?
    I've gotten into IV Breeding. I'll breed any Pokemon that can, just ask and I'll see what I can do!

What happened after Ruby and Sapphire? This is my interpretation. Click the banner to read!
    Latest: Chapter 5: Power Plant Problems
    The banner was made by Brutaka

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

oh, i see. Well does anyone else want a battle in preparation for the league?
    If it doesn't work with anyone else, it's most likely me that has the problem.
    And blaziken, I suppose since technically YOU didn't ev train them, it might be okay, but that could just open a floodgate of ev trained mons into our league through the use of trades.

as for feral using flat rule how will that work cuz the idea of this is to have 5 of your type and a wild card right? and being limited to 3 pokemon wont be as fun. :/
    I bring 5 fire types and one wildcard. Then, the opponent and I each pick four and have our rotation battle.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Quote Originally Posted by magikarp-used-splash! View Post
    oh, i see. Well does anyone else want a battle in preparation for the league?
    If it doesn't work with anyone else, it's most likely me that has the problem.
    And blaziken, I suppose since technically YOU didn't ev train them, it might be okay, but that could just open a floodgate of ev trained mons into our league through the use of trades.
    Haha, very true, but it was just going to be one of my wildcards that I can rotate around...
    I'd love to battle, but atm I can't, maybe later?
    I've gotten into IV Breeding. I'll breed any Pokemon that can, just ask and I'll see what I can do!

What happened after Ruby and Sapphire? This is my interpretation. Click the banner to read!

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Sure, send me a message when you wanna battle.
    Just a warning, when I tried to battle shinies earlier, it wasn't working, and we couldn't figure out who's end the problem was on, so we may end up unable to battle.
    At least we'll know that it's me with the problem and not shiny.
    Oh, and i think flat rule just makes it 50-, and it's the single battle aspect that makes you only have 3 mons, with doubles limiting you to 4, and triple/rotation with the full 6.
    Last edited by magikarp-used-splash!; 4th September 2011 at 9:33 PM.

I battled Shiny yesterday and there wasn't a problem, but yeah, I'll send a message later

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Damn I'm tempted to request being a poison type gym leader cuz I thought of some awesome strategies.

forza 4 is beast
    unicorn cars:
    2007 Gallardo S
    430 scuderia
    Top Secret 0-300 Supra

i like the hiatus thing cuz i cannot seem to connect to giratina hates shaymin nor can i do anything to resolve the problem
    I try incredibly hard to get on when everyone is available, it's hard to do it when you live in Australia and all your times are inconvenient for me ( mid night for mr owl and feralninja)

CLAIM LIST-----
    -VALKYRIA CHRONICLES
    - WANTS TO CLAIM ALL VALKYRIA CHRONICLES RELATED ITEMS AND CHARACTORS
    -(DID CLAIM) WELKIN GUNTHER (VALKYRIA CHRONICLES)
    - SELVARIA BLES (VALKYRIA CHRONICLES)
    -'Sunrise' ADVANCE WARS: DAYS OF RUIN (music track)
    .... Uhhh hopefully a pokemon soon3

If anybody would like to have a practice battle I can do one at the moment.
    Thanks to Xman for a great three battles. I saved the last one so if you want to watch it go to my leader application and the code is there!
    Waiting List: The Phoenix Arisen
    Last edited by Blaziken10285; 6th September 2011 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Battles

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziken10285 View Post
    So, I have a question. This might sound dumb but is it ok to use pokemon in casual battles you got from trades even if you have suspicions that those pokemon were EV trained by their previous user?
    I'm suspicious my Japanese t-tar has EV training in attack, but the majoraty of the stats are everywhere, I'd like to know as well

CLAIM LIST-----
    -VALKYRIA CHRONICLES
    - WANTS TO CLAIM ALL VALKYRIA CHRONICLES RELATED ITEMS AND CHARACTORS
    -(DID CLAIM) WELKIN GUNTHER (VALKYRIA CHRONICLES)
    - SELVARIA BLES (VALKYRIA CHRONICLES)
    -'Sunrise' ADVANCE WARS: DAYS OF RUIN (music track)
    .... Uhhh hopefully a pokemon soon3

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziken10285 View Post
    If anybody would like to have a practice battle I can do one at the moment.
    Thanks to Xman for a great three battles. I saved the last one so if you want to watch it go to my leader application and the code is there!
    Waiting List: The Phoenix Arisen (Later today or Tomorrow)
    Sorry dude, getting my team ready......... gonna take a bit. (Stupid pokemon that doesn't want to get the stupid right nature and stupid ability.....)

Page 5 of 79 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast