Page 55 of 79 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 1954

Thread: Non-competitive trainer's hangout mk. III

Quote Originally Posted by Spite View Post
    Pichu and Rotom. (Pichu and spiky-eared Pichu, and you should already know about Rotom)
    Anyway, all I noticed with Keldeo is a new horn and a bit of a mullet.
    Oh, oh, don't forget the Pikachu colored Pichu! In regards to Pichu, that isn't really a form change in my opinion. It was an event, and is just a special Pichu. Rotom? Hmmm, I guess I always classify it as a legendary Pokemon for whatever reason. Just one of my many quirks, haha!

And for Keldeo, I hope this is as Feral stated and the more mature older form. (It still has that childish face, but I digress...) I hope we get the rest of the body soo, to be able to judge it by more than it's face. It does seem though that this new one will be more physical based (the horn and how the Pokémon Sunday girl said something that suggested it being more battle-craving) and the form where he has surpassed the other three Musketeers in skill.
    I've gotten into IV Breeding. I'll breed any Pokemon that can, just ask and I'll see what I can do!

What happened after Ruby and Sapphire? This is my interpretation. Click the banner to read!
    Latest: Chapter 5: Power Plant Problems
    The banner was made by Brutaka

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziken10285 View Post
    Oh, oh, don't forget the Pikachu colored Pichu! In regards to Pichu, that isn't really a form change in my opinion. It was an event, and is just a special Pichu. Rotom? Hmmm, I guess I always classify it as a legendary Pokemon for whatever reason. Just one of my many quirks, haha!

And for Keldeo, I hope this is as Feral stated and the more mature older form. (It still has that childish face, but I digress...) I hope we get the rest of the body soo, to be able to judge it by more than it's face. It does seem though that this new one will be more physical based (the horn and how the Pokémon Sunday girl said something that suggested it being more battle-craving) and the form where he has surpassed the other three Musketeers in skill.
    Nope, Rotom's not a legendary, except in their own minds. Otherwise, I wouldn't be using one on my gym roster. Hee.

I think one thing that needs to be noted in the form change over the generations is that Kanto and Johto were part of a time when the games were limited in memory and functional capacity. The files, reference data, and everything in Gen 5 is leaps and bounds more expasive than what it was for Gen1 and 2.

And Nintendo doesn't seem to want to violate older gen characters unless its to add a new evolution stage. And I admire them for ssticking to what's set for the most part, while keeping things up to date.

I dunno, I may be biased, I like Rotom. And I like most of the form changes that have come out, because most of them have a reason. Castform was a gimmick to showcase the weather, whereas Rotom was just a gimmick with a cool backstory, and possibly a way to test the code for future form changes.
        Spoiler:- Breeding stuff:

No qualms over here about Castform or Rotom. Castform was one of the first of its kind, a Pokemon that changes so freely in battle (we're not counting Kecleon, I see). Not to mention RSE were very weather-centric, it was only natural to have a Pokemon that could change based on the weather. Of course, Deerling came later, but I digress.

Rotom, having caught it in a television set, only makes sense that it could go into technology and screw around with it. It makes me wonder, though, that given its origin, why is there not a television forme?

And on another note, what about Pokemon with severe gender differences? Like Hippopotas and Frillish? Do they count for something?

Quote Originally Posted by Mug View Post
    No qualms over here about Castform or Rotom. Castform was one of the first of its kind, a Pokemon that changes so freely in battle (we're not counting Kecleon, I see). Not to mention RSE were very weather-centric, it was only natural to have a Pokemon that could change based on the weather. Of course, Deerling came later, but I digress.

Rotom, having caught it in a television set, only makes sense that it could go into technology and screw around with it. It makes me wonder, though, that given its origin, why is there not a television forme?

And on another note, what about Pokemon with severe gender differences? Like Hippopotas and Frillish? Do they count for something?
    Other than bragging to your friend how you have a pink Jellicent while they have a blue one? To me that really isn't a form change, but because of gender differences. I see forms as something more than aesthetics is different or if it is only the looks that change then it has something to tie in with the games. (Unown: ..., Castform: weather in Hoenn is insane, Deerling/Sawsbuck: you have seasons in Unova)
    I've gotten into IV Breeding. I'll breed any Pokemon that can, just ask and I'll see what I can do!

What happened after Ruby and Sapphire? This is my interpretation. Click the banner to read!

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Other than bragging to your friend how you have a pink Jellicent while they have a blue one? To me that really isn't a form change, but because of gender differences. I see forms as something more than aesthetics is different or if it is only the looks that change then it has something to tie in with the games. (Unown: ..., Castform: weather in Hoenn is insane, Deerling/Sawsbuck: you have seasons in Unova)
    Yeah, that's basically it. We're talking more about Pokemon with an actual change in form more than we are gender (Frillish) or locational regions (Shellos, Basculin), since those don't actually change form. Keckleon? When did Keckleon get an actual forme change? I thought it was just his typing that changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbapedia
    When Rotom is encountered, the music is the same as legendary encounters, although it is not classified as one. Rotom is, to date, the only non-legendary Pokémon to do this.

With the exception of Unown and Spinda, Rotom has the most forms of any non-legendary Pokémon, with six in total.
    Sorry, Moto, you just aren't as special as you'd like to think you are.
    Last edited by Glover; 11th June 2012 at 9:27 PM.

Wait, Shellos and Basculin do change forms. At least to me, they do. Does a "forme change" have to constitute a change in type, ability, or stats? Is that the criteria we're using?

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbapedia View Post
    With the exception of Unown and Spinda, Rotom has the most forms of any non-legendary Pokémon, with six in total
    We aren't counting Spinda, are we? Sure, it has unlimited different appearances, but they aren't really forms?

Also am I the only one in shock that Feral changed his avatar?

I consider form changing or alternate forms as a significant change in both appearance and stats, or typing. Rotom, Darmanitan, Kyurem, Giratina, etc.

Hey, everyone needs a little chance once in a while. And new Cheren looks pretty awesome.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Wait, Shellos and Basculin do change forms. At least to me, they do. Does a "forme change" have to constitute a change in type, ability, or stats? Is that the criteria we're using?

We aren't counting Spinda, are we? Sure, it has unlimited different appearances, but they aren't really forms?

I also Basculin and sometimes Shellos. Shellos was a gimmic form Pokemon to me. Basculin, if you look on Serebii, has a different ability for each of its forms. Spinda is the Shellos of Hoenn: gimmicky but generally useless in a form aspect, or for me any aspect. If you count one as having forms you should also count the other.

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

I also Basculin and sometimes Shellos. Shellos was a gimmic form Pokemon to me. Basculin, if you look on Serebii, has a different ability for each of its forms. Spinda is the Shellos of Hoenn: gimmicky but generally useless in a form aspect, or for me any aspect. If you count one as having forms you should also count the other.
    Ah, but see, I don't really. If yyou want to count Spinda as having formes, then we count Basculin and Shellos as having formes, then we should just bucket up all of the Pokemon who have gender differences. It's the same thing as Basculin coming in two flavors.

No, I'm simply talkinmg about Pokemon who can freely change from one form to another.

I consider form changing or alternate forms as a significant change in both appearance and stats, or typing. Rotom, Darmanitan, Kyurem, Giratina, etc.

Originally Posted by Mug

Hey, everyone needs a little chance once in a while. And new Cheren looks pretty awesome.
    Agreed, much better than the dork from B/W. And it's fitting too, that your finishing your story HP and you change out the avatar of Cyrus holding what looks to me like an exploding Pen or a quill.

Does anyone have a dawn stone in a gen IV game they are willing to trade to me? The time has come to evolve my Sin team in SoulSilver, however, after playing the pokeathalon ad nauseum to get the dawn and dusk stones necessary to evolve Sin and Lisana into Gallade and Mismagius, I lack the drive to go again to get the dawn stone to get Thalia to Froslass. Any takers?

Quote Originally Posted by Glover View Post
    Agreed, much better than the dork from B/W. And it's fitting too, that your finishing your story HP and you change out the avatar of Cyrus holding what looks to me like an exploding Pen or a quill.
    Agreed mostly, but I miss the glasses. Something about his face just looks too plain.

Also Feral, I got your back. PMing the FC.

I'm back from my trip and ready to take challengers to my gym.
    My Black Friend Code is 2494-8412-9545 and my name on Black is Trysten.
    This is my badge for the NCTH to earn it you have to challenge the League and defeat me in a battle. Credit goes to Glover for the badge.
    And here's the link to my fic http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...irth-of-a-Hero

Do you hate water? Do your Fire types tremble at the thought of a garden hose?

Then have I got a deal for you! Introducing, Blaze Kick Thunderpunch Chimchar! Wiling to take any fish right in the face, leaving a firey scorched footprint and a charred handprint in the seafood!

Currently available in the following natures: (+Pluas anything I have on Diamond when I figure out where THAT went...)
    Adamant x2
    Bashful
    Bold x2
    Careful
    Impish
    Jolly x2
    Lax
    Mild
    Modest
    Naive
    Timid

Don't wait, supplies are limited! (Although if I don't generate a Hasty anytime soon, THAT will change...) Make me an offer I can't refuse*! We've got so many apes, we're going bananas!

(This message brought to you by the Chimchar clearing house.)

*By PM please, private trade requests don't need to be in the NCTH thread-Glover
    Last edited by Glover; 15th June 2012 at 11:07 PM.

The final installment of Hero's Path is now up. Enjoy!

Also, make sure to check out my brand-new original fiction, Dark Pawn. It's a fantasy novel, like Blazing Heart, but I guarantee it's like nothing you've ever read before. How many stories are told almost entirely from the perspective of the villain?
    Last edited by Firebrand; 15th June 2012 at 10:07 PM.

I guess I'll add to the fan fiction excitement with the epilogue of The Galactic Files, Goodbye, For Now...

But Dave's exciting tale is not over! Remembering Xman's Professor X, Glover's Tempest, and Feral's Hero's Path I add Maelstrom. With The first three laying the ground work I strive to find the end of the Aqua-Magma War. Enjoy!

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

hello everyone

Good news! Hero's Path and Galactic Files may have ended, but we're still chugging along! In fact, I'm 24 chapters in and I've only just begun! Your Sunday episode of World Turns is up!
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...0#post14700370

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Mirage View Post
    hello everyone
    Hello!

Oh goodie, so much fanfiction (and in Feral's regard, fiction). I feel again obligated to find a cozy spot in the timeline and fill it in with my own works. Not sure if I could, though.

Feral, I'm like three sentences into Dark Pawn and am already enthralled. Wait, did I say three sentences? I meant paragraphs. I'm diving into this so fast it all seems far too short for my liking!

The Firebrand stood atop the Tower of the Ancients, his duster flapping. The long road had ended. He was victorious.

He had risen above all other trainers. Every badge had been claimed. His Ultimate Journey was over.

So I guess that means either Feral's first champion, or we still don't know who that is...

What is it with this league and delinquent Champions? [/sarcasm] (That's a joke in reference to the LoH story and the missing champion, by the way)

Oh goodie, so much fanfiction (and in Feral's regard, fiction). I feel again obligated to find a cozy spot in the timeline and fill it in with my own works. Not sure if I could, though.

Feral, I'm like three sentences into Dark Pawn and am already enthralled. Wait, did I say three sentences? I meant paragraphs. I'm diving into this so fast it all seems far too short for my liking!
    Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it!

*Hands Mug a small digital notepad.*
    Last edited by Glover; 17th June 2012 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glover View Post
    So I guess that means either Feral's first champion, or we still don't know who that is...
    Glad you brought it up.

What this means is I will now act as Champion until such a time another challenger rises through the ranks. When that happens, they will challenge me. I will use another monotype team (not fire), and should they win, they have the opportunity to take the title of champion. They will hold that until someone else challenges them, and should that third person win, they become champion, and so on and so on. Basically, this means that the champion is a position that can change. If you do reach the rank of champ, however, you'll go down in a Hall of Fame.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    Glad you brought it up.

What this means is I will now act as Champion until such a time another challenger rises through the ranks. When that happens, they will challenge me. I will use another monotype team (not fire), and should they win, they have the opportunity to take the title of champion. They will hold that until someone else challenges them, and should that third person win, they become champion, and so on and so on. Basically, this means that the champion is a position that can change. If you do reach the rank of champ, however, you'll go down in a Hall of Fame.
    So, will you be E4 as well as Champion? Why don't we just rename the club "Feralninja and his Subordinates,"? We can make the whole group Feralninja using different teams. Just kidding, but being in two different positions does not sound like a good idea.
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon (because they're banned), I don't calculate stat values (the simulator does it for me), I don't use cheating devices (because I hardly ever play the actual game), I don't breed my way to perfection (because I use a simulator), and I do care about natures. I battle the most efficient way, so I can use my strategic skills to the fullest. I don't look down on others because of the way they play Pokemon, which non-competitive people seem to actually do more often. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by DittoDude.)

Quote Originally Posted by DittoDude View Post
    , but being in two different positions does not sound like a good idea.
    Motion seconded, although we don't have enough Gym/E4 positions to fill in the transfer, so we'll have to hum a few bars and fake it. The system would've worked better had there been a larger non-;Eague challnger outpouring, but I must confess I love this tightnit group we have more.

And I'm still waiting for Draco's rematch...

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    The Firebrand stood atop the Tower of the Ancients, his duster flapping. The long road had ended. He was victorious.

He had risen above all other trainers. Every badge had been claimed. His Ultimate Journey was over.
    So now will you tell us what happens when someone gets up there?

I didn't know either, but I now have one finished and another started. To ahead, you'll never know until you try!

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

So now will you tell us what happens when someone gets up there?
    What this means is I will now act as Champion until such a time another challenger rises through the ranks. When that happens, they will challenge me. I will use another monotype team (not fire), and should they win, they have the opportunity to take the title of champion.
    he already did, we just need a ruling post on the Champion's rules and an idea was to type would be nice, but maybe not.

Page 55 of 79 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast