Page 60 of 79 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 1954

Thread: Non-competitive trainer's hangout mk. III

Just so you know I'm still alive and working on a fan fic
    PKMN HG FC:2279-6353-8463
    PKMN WHT FC:3654-4053-1864
    PKMN WHT 2 FC: 3311-3936-8560

If you are challenging my gym, I'm best available from 7:30pm - 8:45pm on weekdays EST. Weekends are questionable.
    Pass phrase: Piiiiiikafett!
    The Syringe Badge: Good news is, it actually DOES look like a syringe! Bad news, The running gag is now dead.

Guess who [finally] found a copy of Pokemon Conquest. It's kinda tough for a side game. I'm currently trying to take the mainly fighting type kingdom. It was worth the money so far though!
    I've gotten into IV Breeding. I'll breed any Pokemon that can, just ask and I'll see what I can do!

What happened after Ruby and Sapphire? This is my interpretation. Click the banner to read!
    Latest: Chapter 5: Power Plant Problems
    The banner was made by Brutaka

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

I still have yet to pick it up, myself. I keep telling myself to go out and get it, but I haven't. I want to save for BW2, but at the same time, I want something to keep me busy until its release. I'm trying to decide between financial security and temporary entertainment, which really sounds like a silly decision when you put them together like that.

I don't have Pokemon Conquest yet, but I'll probably get it for my birthday.
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon (because they're banned), I don't calculate stat values (the simulator does it for me), I don't use cheating devices (because I hardly ever play the actual game), I don't breed my way to perfection (because I use a simulator), and I do care about natures. I battle the most efficient way, so I can use my strategic skills to the fullest. I don't look down on others because of the way they play Pokemon, which non-competitive people seem to actually do more often. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by DittoDude.)

Well, I'm at Nobunaga now. I'll beat him later today/tomorrow/whatever it is. It's a really fun game!

Anyway, chapter 3 of Maelstrom, The Plan, is up! I'd love some feedback, so use that link and read it!
    I've gotten into IV Breeding. I'll breed any Pokemon that can, just ask and I'll see what I can do!

What happened after Ruby and Sapphire? This is my interpretation. Click the banner to read!

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    I believe the final special episode is played from the POV of the original hero. I've only got... a ways to go before I get there. Started Yukimura's special episode today. It's a shame that's all the junior warlords and I can't have my awesome Hero's Path squad (because Motochika and Kotaro are actual warlords...).

So anyway, another note. Earlier I was thinking I haven't written anything to a showtune in a long time, and the only idea that I couldn't get out of my head was doing something with Keldeo, and Hakuna Matata. You know, just walking through the woods at the Flare Gym, stumbling upon an Emboar and Combusken, and... well, I dunno. I think it would make a cool/cute/funny one-shot.
    I'm cringing at the thought of Hakuna Matata, but I believe Patrat/Watchog and Sentret (but I really don't see it being Furret) are much closer fits to a meerkat. Although they don't fit the "Fire/Flying" and the "Belssed by Ho-Oh" motif, though they are EVERYWHERE, so you could make that argument...
        Spoiler:- Breeding stuff:

I'm playing through "Happily Ever After" in Conquest, trying to grind up to a 60% link on Ginchiyo and Hideyoshi with Luxray and Infernape, respectively. Kinda sucks that I'm down to my last nation to battle and I'm still a ways off, though..
    "Trainer: We would like to invite you to try your hand at a new kind of challenge. The League of Heroes is a league of world-class battlers, with its own set of leaders and elite four members. If you are interested, please mail your invitation to the location listed below with your RSVP and we will send you a map with the locations of our gyms.
    Yours truly, the Elite Four of the NCTH
    Tower of the Ancients, Unova"

If you challenge our league and are lucky enough to get to me, you have a shot at winning the Mountain Heights Symbol. Credit to Northern Lights for the badge.

Name- Becca
    Diamond friend code-
    4554-1150-2912
    Black friend code-
    0175-5378-5095

Hi, Im Leviathan, Iv been playing for 12 years now since yellow and am a fan of the storyline and universe while still liking friendly competition. Dracoburn told me I should just say a brief hello, so now thats out of the way, I have to say I really appreciate what you guys are doing here, it seems like a nice relaxed community where I can have some battles and enjoy myself. Thanks for the entrance and I look forward to meeting everyone and competing!

Howdy there! Welcome to the party!

I have to chuckle, Leviathan 36 is a slight transpostition of another hobby of mine.

Irony abound, but if I'm comparing to a steam locomotive, that usually means good things.

Quote Originally Posted by Glover View Post
    Howdy there! Welcome to the party!

I have to chuckle, Leviathan 36 is a slight transpostition of another hobby of mine.

Irony abound, but if I'm comparing to a steam locomotive, that usually means good things.
    You men.. If it's a weapon or a vehicle, you're just required to love it, aren't you? Personally, I prefer, well, um.. men themselves.. Oh! And dragons! I'm gonna leave this where it's at before I go into a rant about how guys are obsessed with phallic symbols, like guns and, uh, trains.. Of course, I just admitted to something similar, so.. I should go now.
    "Trainer: We would like to invite you to try your hand at a new kind of challenge. The League of Heroes is a league of world-class battlers, with its own set of leaders and elite four members. If you are interested, please mail your invitation to the location listed below with your RSVP and we will send you a map with the locations of our gyms.

If you challenge our league and are lucky enough to get to me, you have a shot at winning the Mountain Heights Symbol. Credit to Northern Lights for the badge.

Name- Becca
    Diamond friend code-
    4554-1150-2912
    Black friend code-
    0175-5378-5095

Quote Originally Posted by dracoburn View Post
    You men.. If it's a weapon or a vehicle, you're just required to love it, aren't you? Personally, I prefer, well, um.. men themselves.. Oh! And dragons! I'm gonna leave this where it's at before I go into a rant about how guys are obsessed with phallic symbols, like guns and, uh, trains.. Of course, I just admitted to something similar, so.. I should go now.
    I'm not really a gearhead, couldn't build a motor to save my life. But there's just nothing quite like water pressure at its finest. And its SHINY!

And thanks, I needed that. I was just bit**ing out my new IPAD because it deleted the PM to myself with twenty pages of stuff I'd written while I was gone last weekend, and I'm smiling now after reading that.

I'm not really a gearhead, couldn't build a motor to save my life. But there's just nothing quite like water pressure at its finest. And its SHINY!

And thanks, I needed that. I was just bit**ing out my new IPAD because it deleted the PM to myself with twenty pages of stuff I'd written while I was gone last weekend, and I'm smiling now after reading that.
    Man that sucks that's why I'm backing my story up on a flash drive.

@Draco: lol when I read your post I was about to say I'm not like that... when I remembered my love for swords, 1970s Dodge Challengers, and well explosions.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartiger97 View Post
    Man that sucks that's why I'm backing my story up on a flash drive.

@Draco: lol when I read your post I was about to say I'm not like that... when I remembered my love for swords, 1970s Dodge Challengers, and well explosions.
    It's not the finished stuff that was the problem, it was the getting it to a place where I could make a good copy of it. Something like stealing Gold while in transport because the vaults are too secure.

It's not the finished stuff that was the problem, it was the getting it to a place where I could make a good copy of it. Something like stealing Gold while in transport because the vaults are too secure.
    Ah ok I get you now.

I want to buy Conquest, but Black 2 and White 2 are being released in a month or so and that thirty bucks could go and pay for half of the Halo 4 I pre-ordered so I'm torn on what to buy right now.

Ah ok I get you now.

I want to buy Conquest, but Black 2 and White 2 are being released in a month or so and that thirty bucks could go and pay for half of the Halo 4 I pre-ordered so I'm torn on what to buy right now.
    I thought the trailer Serebii posted last night said October 7? I don't think Nintendo would be dumb enough to overlap releases like this...

Ah ok I get you now.

Conquest is really fun. Halo... Yuck. My suggestion? Get a job mowing lawns or something so that you can afford Conquest and BW2, then buy Halo and throw it into a woodchipper where it belongs. Win-win-win situation, you know?

As for the date of BW2's release, it isn't released in the US until October. You could, in theory, get a Japanese game, but the game is region-locked if you use any system released past the DS Lite. Conquest makes an excellent game to tide one over until BW2 comes out.

Name- Becca
    Diamond friend code-
    4554-1150-2912
    Black friend code-
    0175-5378-5095

Conquest is really fun. Halo... Yuck. My suggestion? Get a job mowing lawns or something so that you can afford Conquest and BW2, then buy Halo and throw it into a woodchipper where it belongs. Win-win-win situation, you know?

As for the date of BW2's release, it isn't released in the US until October. You could, in theory, get a Japanese game, but the game is region-locked if you use any system released past the DS Lite. Conquest makes an excellent game to tide one over until BW2 comes out.
    Hey now, I liked Halo, what little I've played of it. My only complaint is I'm not coordinated to work the camera. I kinda want to get High Moon Studios' new Transformers game. (Yeah yeah, more vehicles) The graphics look really good, they've done a great job of streamlining the "gimmickery" of the toys into a video game, my only hangup is that the newest gaming system I have is a Gamecube...

Seriously. It's still decked out in the XD skin...

my only hangup is that the newest gaming system I have is a Gamecube...
    How do you have gym battles, then?
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon (because they're banned), I don't calculate stat values (the simulator does it for me), I don't use cheating devices (because I hardly ever play the actual game), I don't breed my way to perfection (because I use a simulator), and I do care about natures. I battle the most efficient way, so I can use my strategic skills to the fullest. I don't look down on others because of the way they play Pokemon, which non-competitive people seem to actually do more often. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by DittoDude.)

Quote Originally Posted by DittoDude View Post
    How do you have gym battles, then?
    I don't consider the handhelds for such intense RPG grapighical games like Halo, Fall of Cybertron, or even the old Lego Video Games.

Ah ok I get you now.

B2W2 come out October 7. You have a few months to get more money...

I completely agree! Conquest: It's a really cool and different game compared to the others. I haven't ever played the Halo/COD/Black Ops games. Never been enthralled with the violence of them. Anyway, buy Halo or Conquest, whatever is cheaper/what you want more to tide you over until B2W2 and buy one of them. Get a few odd jobs if you need the extra cash.

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

*shrugs*

I don't do FPS games. Guns are cheating. Seriously. They are. Real men fight with swords. Or magic. Or Pokemon. Not guns. If you can kill someone without seeing the whites of their eyes and being forced to acknowledge that you're taking the life of another human being, I just don't see the honor in it. Simple as that.

Name- Becca
    Diamond friend code-
    4554-1150-2912
    Black friend code-
    0175-5378-5095

So this is a random question, but do we have our new gym leader yet?

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

I don't do FPS games. Guns are cheating. Seriously. They are. Real men fight with swords. Or magic. Or Pokemon. Not guns. If you can kill someone without seeing the whites of their eyes and being forced to acknowledge that you're taking the life of another human being, I just don't see the honor in it. Simple as that.

This and this.

My brother got COD3 a while back and I absolutely hated it. I usually always watch him play video games, but whenever he would play COD I would go and do something else. I hate-hate-hate it and all FPSs alike. He sold it and got Goldeneye007 soon after. It wasn't bad, because I like the movie and could put up with it, despite major changes(in Nicaragua instead of Cuba, actually at the site of the EMP blast...) But I digress. Maybe you can credit it to me being a girl-- though Blazi doesn't like FPSs either-- but my opinion stands that gun-fighting is impersonal and just not in the true nature of battle. Not something I would like to see made into a video game.

Some vehicles, on the other hand, are kind of interesting. I mean, just look at this. How pretty is that car?

*shrugs*

I understand what you mean, but in Halo you don't kill humans so its 50/50 of what you said since you are shooting aliens that have more advanced tech. Draco have you ever played the Elder Scrolls games then? (if you don't like guns and prefer magic and swords those games are awesome) I've decided just to wait to get Pokemon games for now untill I finish writing my story so I don't get distracted from my story to much.

Ooh, be careful about that. Fics (ESPECIALLY journey fics) tend to spiral out of control. When I started on HP I was thinking "oh, I'll be through with this in three months, it'll be a nice way to play with some ideas." Except that my imagination said "lol, jk, you'll be working on this for about a year, bud."

Don't take that the wrong way, I'm glad of it. Just... know it's a major time investment. Even with my breakneck pace and weekly updates, it took a long time.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Page 60 of 79 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast