Page 67 of 79 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 1954

Thread: Non-competitive trainer's hangout mk. III

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    Wait, I have more questions! I'm a nuisance, yes.

What are the general battle standards around here? I, personally, like Flat Rules, Triple Battle. I'm not a big fan of Single Battles as much.

Does the whole "Tiers" system come into play here? I know nothing about what pokemon is one what tier and what is broken or what sucks, but I imagine that, even on a non-competitive level, it would kind of suck if I wanted to play with some of my favorites that aren't necessarily an upper-tier and ran up against someone with, like, a team of Garchomp/Volcarona/Metagross/etc.

Legendaries? Yes? Absolute no? One or two per team?

Where do you get the pokemon you use for battling here? Are they just pokemon you've acquired from various game play-throughs? Do you breed them yourselves just for battling here? If so, how do you raise them for battling on here?

Are there any particular fanfics that are integral to read to get a sense of the community?

Sorry again; I just like the idea of battling casually, and I want to get a sense of the rules and how it all works.
    Tiers? Yes and no. A lot of gym leaders don't allow them or legendaries. I, on the other hand, have to be the weird one. Since my absolute favorite Pokemon is Blaziken, and he is now an uber, I must use it. To even the odds, I also allow the challenger to use an uber or two.

We get our Pokemon from all over. We trade, breed, catch, and all of the other ways. I typically just find my favorites and add them to a team. I have three different Blazikens. I have a Speed Boost one, which I obtained from a trade; a Shiny one that I also got from a trade, and one from my first game beaten (Emerald) that as survived to White.

As Glover has said about the Fan Fics, Feralninja's League of Heroes is the basis for almost all of the other fics, with maybe the exception of the beginning of World Turns by Glover, as I'm not sure if he had joined when he started on it... And after reading of the 'Old Guard' in LoH, you can read my two!
    I've gotten into IV Breeding. I'll breed any Pokemon that can, just ask and I'll see what I can do!

What happened after Ruby and Sapphire? This is my interpretation. Click the banner to read!
    Latest: Chapter 5: Power Plant Problems
    The banner was made by Brutaka

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziken10285 View Post
    Tiers? Yes and no. A lot of gym leaders don't allow them or legendaries. I, on the other hand, have to be the weird one. Since my absolute favorite Pokemon is Blaziken, and he is now an uber, I must use it. To even the odds, I also allow the challenger to use an uber or two.

We get our Pokemon from all over. We trade, breed, catch, and all of the other ways. I typically just find my favorites and add them to a team. I have three different Blazikens. I have a Speed Boost one, which I obtained from a trade; a Shiny one that I also got from a trade, and one from my first game beaten (Emerald) that as survived to White.

As Glover has said about the Fan Fics, Feralninja's League of Heroes is the basis for almost all of the other fics, with maybe the exception of the beginning of World Turns by Glover, as I'm not sure if he had joined when he started on it... And after reading of the 'Old Guard' in LoH, you can read my two!
    Incidentally, I hate that Blaziken. As much as people used to hate my Tauros. :P
    NCTH Mk 3
    Now home of the NCTH ultimate journey, a league for those of us who play for fun, not for competition!

Also, I have done a story. It is here.

Former 4th Gen Gym Leader
    Challenged: 5 times. Badges given: 1

5th Gen Challenge Status
    Badges: 2 (Previous League)
    Current League:

(Credit to Northern Lights and Glover) 2/9

Quote Originally Posted by Joanie View Post
    Incidentally, I hate that Blaziken. As much as people used to hate my Tauros. :P
    USED to?
    I STILL do!

HELLO EVERYONE!

After a sojourn in the woods, I've set up at college. I'm really glad to see that the group has been bustling along without me! I regret to inform people that as of this moment, I will do not have DS-accessable wifi in my dorm. I'll work on it, and it may change, but as it stands, the soonest I can battle/trade will be thanksgiving week. But I'll still be on here as much as possible!
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Quote Originally Posted by TheNorthWind View Post
    USED to?
    I STILL do!
    What Tauros would this be?
        Spoiler:- Breeding stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by Glover View Post
    What Tauros would this be?
    You'll find out when we battle.
    NCTH Mk 3
    Now home of the NCTH ultimate journey, a league for those of us who play for fun, not for competition!

5th Gen Challenge Status
    Current League:

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    HELLO EVERYONE!

After a sojourn in the woods, I've set up at college. I'm really glad to see that the group has been bustling along without me! I regret to inform people that as of this moment, I will do not have DS-accessable wifi in my dorm. I'll work on it, and it may change, but as it stands, the soonest I can battle/trade will be thanksgiving week. But I'll still be on here as much as possible!
    Same goes for my DS wifi. The IT helpdesk told me to go through them to set it up, but I'll be damned if I have the time to do that with all of this homework and all of these clubs! I'd try to think up a sufficiently overwhelmed emoticon, but I really should get back to that English essay.. and that Anthropology chapter.. and that online Psychology quiz.. and that English chapter.. Oh, and the GSA meeting that begins in about an hour. Crazy. Try to get over your procrastination habits prior to college life, younger members of our gang! I'm such a hypocrite.. I need to work on my hypocrisy problem, but not nearly as much as you need to work on yours. Please tell me someone got that joke because I've felt like an idiot spewing it around here and having no response.

So yea. Back to English. Thank you for being my excuse to procrastinate. Like I said, hypocrisy blah, blah, blah..
    "Trainer: We would like to invite you to try your hand at a new kind of challenge. The League of Heroes is a league of world-class battlers, with its own set of leaders and elite four members. If you are interested, please mail your invitation to the location listed below with your RSVP and we will send you a map with the locations of our gyms.
    Yours truly, the Elite Four of the NCTH
    Tower of the Ancients, Unova"

If you challenge our league and are lucky enough to get to me, you have a shot at winning the Mountain Heights Symbol. Credit to Northern Lights for the badge.

Name- Becca
    Diamond friend code-
    4554-1150-2912
    Black friend code-
    0175-5378-5095

It has been a crazy week for me. Super busy. That being said, I still have a new chapterof Maelstrom for all of you to enjoy and review!
    I've gotten into IV Breeding. I'll breed any Pokemon that can, just ask and I'll see what I can do!

What happened after Ruby and Sapphire? This is my interpretation. Click the banner to read!

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Seems like we've all been busy. This week-end I plan on doing absolutely nothing productive!
    Speaking of anti-productive, has anyone gotten Keldeo yet? I plan on picking him up soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mug View Post
    Seems like we've all been busy. This week-end I plan on doing absolutely nothing productive!
    Speaking of anti-productive, has anyone gotten Keldeo yet? I plan on picking him up soon.
    Maybe tomorrow, since the town of the closest GameStop is also where my church is located. I just want to be lazy today. Maybe I'll force myself to write more... Maybe

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Quote Originally Posted by Mug View Post
    I won't be able to until I get home the eighth. I guess i should be more excited about getting him than I am.

Blazi: yes. Write. Write lots. I reccomend doing it someplace outside if you have mobility. Sadly, I hit a bit of a wall wirh a small, fairly boring but important part of Janie getting out of the forest, hopefully three days on the train will fix that. Off tofind lunch now.

I won't be able to until I get home the eighth. I guess i should be more excited about getting him than I am.

Blazi: yes. Write. Write lots. I reccomend doing it someplace outside if you have mobility. Sadly, I hit a bit of a wall wirh a small, fairly boring but important part of Janie getting out of the forest, hopefully three days on the train will fix that. Off tofind lunch now.
    Damn, I can't get him.. There are no Gamestops in Gunnison.
    "Trainer: We would like to invite you to try your hand at a new kind of challenge. The League of Heroes is a league of world-class battlers, with its own set of leaders and elite four members. If you are interested, please mail your invitation to the location listed below with your RSVP and we will send you a map with the locations of our gyms.
    Yours truly, the Elite Four of the NCTH
    Tower of the Ancients, Unova"

If you challenge our league and are lucky enough to get to me, you have a shot at winning the Mountain Heights Symbol. Credit to Northern Lights for the badge.

Name- Becca
    Diamond friend code-
    4554-1150-2912
    Black friend code-
    0175-5378-5095

Hmm. Tell ya what, I suppose I could just trademine to someone. I'll probably never use him competetively or otherwise, so i can live with an online hack duplication of him for collective purposes.

I'm unlikely to get one, either. Still, online trading and whatnot.
    NCTH Mk 3

5th Gen Challenge Status
    Current League:

I have two different Japanese Keldeos (one is flawless, but it occurs to me I may have accidentally released that one recently when I was reorganizing my boxes for new trades; d'oh!), but I still went to Gamestop this past week to get the English one. Why not? And I have a Gamestop, like, 5 minutes from me.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

*points to earlier post about handsome rewards if a good little minion sets aside a Keldeo for your favorite Firebrand*

*points to earlier post about handsome rewards if a good little minion sets aside a Keldeo for your favorite Firebrand*
    MINION!?!! We're going to have to talk about who you're calling YOU'RE minion, Mr. Feral. Glover's mine, and we Rotom are not conducive to sharing our Minions. If you can mke some beneficial arrangements, I MIGHT be willing to arrNge some mutual work aggreewments, but we'll have to ta-

uh, oh, hai Glover. I thought you were still in the kitchen. I love you. Aren't I adorable? You aren't reaching for my ball now, are oh, you are.

I have to go now...

I'm alive still just been busy with school... I'm open for gym battles still just going to be a little less likely to be free as often unfortunately. Oh, and my friend code changed due to technical difficulties I'll post that as soon as my homework is done.

A group of trainers not obsessed with creating the ultimate pokemon fighting machine!

Hello! I...am not really sure what to say other than I felt obliged to join your ranks.
    To not feel looked down upon due to my not caring about what EVs my pokemon possess will be a breath of fresh air indeed..
    "In war, Resolution; in defeat, Defiance; in victory, Magnanimity; in peace, Good Will."

Friend Code: 2921-9498-2042
    Friend Safari: Psychic - Grumpig, Espurr, Xatu

Quote Originally Posted by SamtheUlfr View Post
    A group of trainers not obsessed with creating the ultimate pokemon fighting machine!

Hello! I...am not really sure what to say other than I felt obliged to join your ranks.
    To not feel looked down upon due to my not caring about what EVs my pokemon possess will be a breath of fresh air indeed..
    A clean soul! So rare these days. Welcome to our hangout!
    Friend Safari: Snorunt, Bergmite, Cloyster
    Friend Code: 0860-3745-2173

Credit to Robert

Welcome to our club! It truly is a nice group, especially the fact about not being looked down upon. And if we are, it's not happening in the posts here!

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

We here in the Journeymen league are crusaders of justice, and do not condone the works of Team Rocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartiger97 View Post
    I'm alive still just been busy with school... I'm open for gym battles still just going to be a little less likely to be free as often unfortunately. Oh, and my friend code changed due to technical difficulties I'll post that as soon as my homework is done.
    Phew. Glad i'm not the only one that has experienced that.

welcome! We aim to please. Be warned, we tend to gab. And write. A lot. Occasionally we personify or break out into spontaneous role play.

In short, we're nuts. Crazy. Bonkers. Short a fe- gee, that's a lovely cane coming for my throat....HYURK!

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard31 View Post
    A clean soul! So rare these days. Welcome to our hangout!
    you live! I think I have an appointment with you.

We here in the Journeymen league are crusaders of justice, and do not condone the works of Team Rocket.
    *like*

you live! I think I have an appointment with you.
    I'm always alive, I just don't always talk. Sure, feel free to set something up soon.
    Friend Safari: Snorunt, Bergmite, Cloyster
    Friend Code: 0860-3745-2173

Credit to Robert

Welcome to the club just don't start any forest fires, or poach on Pokémon and your stay here will hopefully be long and prosperous.

@Glover: I perfer the term mentally unstable... Trysten suddenly ducks out of reflex narrowly dodging a hooked cane. "No, he didn't..." Trysten mutters while walking off stage. CRASH!! AGHH!!
    "Try and yank me away with that cane again and I won't just shove up there next time!!"
    Last edited by Wartiger97; 5th September 2012 at 8:21 PM.

Page 67 of 79 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast