Page 78 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2868747576777879 LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 1954

Thread: Non-competitive trainer's hangout mk. III

Ok, so we need a new good discussion in here! So, with the approaching advent to X and Y, we have begun to get rumors about the Fairy type. If it corresponds with what Pokebeach says, it will be weak to Poison and steel, strong against Dragon, Fighting, and Dark. Fire and Psychic will apparently resist it. So, how does everyone thing that this will change the battles here in the club's league, assuming that we ever have any challengers?

I think that it will be tough on my team, and probably give me a newfound respect for Steel and Poison types. The new restrictions to the Fighting type will be a cool new obstacle if handled well. If these rumors are true, I'm rreally going to want to use Froakie's evolved form in a gym battle! Speaking of that...

I think if the new fairy type has a big enough role in the game, or if the rumors of Pokebeach are true, Fennekin will be even more popular than it was before. It is rumored by the same source to be a Fire-Psychic Pokemon, and will then have a 4x resistance to Fairies, as well as being strong against the gyms that PB has reportedly heard about. Feral, I'm guessing that you'll be wanting to use one?
    I've gotten into IV Breeding. I'll breed any Pokemon that can, just ask and I'll see what I can do!

What happened after Ruby and Sapphire? This is my interpretation. Click the banner to read!
    Latest: Chapter 5: Power Plant Problems
    The banner was made by Brutaka

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Yeah, provided Fennekin doesn't get the Emboar treatment, that's who I'll be using. However, I've been resistant to adopt the idea of a fairy type. Obviously, if it's legit, I'll accept it, but the speculation around it has very little to go on. You'll note that Pokebeach only posted these supposed "insider" rumors after information in them was revealed, so it's entirely possible this whole thing is a hoax (like every other rumor this gen...). The only confirmed rumor was the new Mewtwo forme, and Mr. XY jumped to claim that with no grounds to try to help his credibility. The source of the fairy type rumor comes from (allegedly) the guy who leaked the Gen V dex, however all of his predictions previous to that were wrong, and he has been wrong in every rumor he's posted this gen too. People just tend to overlook that.

Also, Gamefreak is perfectly able to change up the battling scene without throwing in a new type and having to restructure their previously existing (and well balanced) type chart. I'll admit, Poison and Ice are in need of a little buffing, but I wouldn't be surprised if we were introduced to some powerful new pokemon from those types this gen, along with several new moves in those types. I'm reasonably certain there won't be a new type this gen, but all that aside, yeah, I'm solidly part of the Fennekoalition.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
    Yeah, provided Fennekin doesn't get the Emboar treatment, that's who I'll be using. However, I've been resistant to adopt the idea of a fairy type. Obviously, if it's legit, I'll accept it, but the speculation around it has very little to go on. You'll note that Pokebeach only posted these supposed "insider" rumors after information in them was revealed, so it's entirely possible this whole thing is a hoax (like every other rumor this gen...). The only confirmed rumor was the new Mewtwo forme, and Mr. XY jumped to claim that with no grounds to try to help his credibility. The source of the fairy type rumor comes from (allegedly) the guy who leaked the Gen V dex, however all of his predictions previous to that were wrong, and he has been wrong in every rumor he's posted this gen too. People just tend to overlook that.

Also, Gamefreak is perfectly able to change up the battling scene without throwing in a new type and having to restructure their previously existing (and well balanced) type chart. I'll admit, Poison and Ice are in need of a little buffing, but I wouldn't be surprised if we were introduced to some powerful new pokemon from those types this gen, along with several new moves in those types. I'm reasonably certain there won't be a new type this gen, but all that aside, yeah, I'm solidly part of the Fennekoalition.
    I'm definitely going to use Fennekin on my first run too, and probably either trade for a Froakie or use it in a play through on Y a few weeks after finishing X. Wow, I didn't really even realize about the stuff that the 'leakers' had gotten wrong. I just wish that they would announce what in the world Sylvwon's deal is already. I guess at the latest we'll hopefully know by July 13th, the day that the new movie comes out in Japan. I'd assume that they would use that to reveal the type, as opposed to finding a way to confuse the audiences even more, haha. It would be awful if Fennekin turns into something that makes Emboar look good.

So far these new mons are pretty cool! I'd love to make Pancham and Froakie's evolutions part of my gym, and Helioptile has a neat concept. Maybe Parabolic Charge is the start to new elemental drains...
    I've gotten into IV Breeding. I'll breed any Pokemon that can, just ask and I'll see what I can do!

What happened after Ruby and Sapphire? This is my interpretation. Click the banner to read!

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Hello.
    I want to know something.
    Is it OK for me to join if I am only about 75% casual?
    Nevermind...
    Last edited by Ivoright; 30th May 2013 at 3:29 AM.
    We all make mistakes, but the biggest one we can make is not learning from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziken10285 View Post
    I'm definitely going to use Fennekin on my first run too, and probably either trade for a Froakie or use it in a play through on Y a few weeks after finishing X. Wow, I didn't really even realize about the stuff that the 'leakers' had gotten wrong. I just wish that they would announce what in the world Sylvwon's deal is already. I guess at the latest we'll hopefully know by July 13th, the day that the new movie comes out in Japan. I'd assume that they would use that to reveal the type, as opposed to finding a way to confuse the audiences even more, haha. It would be awful if Fennekin turns into something that makes Emboar look good.

So far these new mons are pretty cool! I'd love to make Pancham and Froakie's evolutions part of my gym, and Helioptile has a neat concept. Maybe Parabolic Charge is the start to new elemental drains...
    Well, i dont thonk parabolic xhargr is a drain persey, althougj the damage/recovery split will probably cancel outthe same way. Im holding judgement until we get abilities, im hoping fpr something like volt absorb or motor drive, and im hoping parabola chatge will be another range attack like discharge (see above abilities) although being a desery lizard id not be surprised if they pull a dry skin on us. Wbatev, mayne an excuse to run rain dance.

EDIT: or, You know, solar power...
    I think i'm actually dreading the fandom fallout more than i am actually keeping track of a new type. Wonder how bad the reclass will be... on the flip, if true, it will be nice to tone down the dragons some more. And itll nerf the Spiritomb/sabeleye invincibikity... not that their truly deadly pokemon, but still

The starters actually dont impress me. Im waitng for evolutions. Gogoat is cool, but im not tradingin Jetpack Ditto for him.
    Last edited by Glover; 30th May 2013 at 1:09 AM.
        Spoiler:- Breeding stuff:

Well, i dont thonk parabolic xhargr is a drain persey, althougj the damage/recovery split will probably cancel outthe same way. Im holding judgement until we get abilities, im hoping fpr something like volt absorb or motor drive, and im hoping parabola chatge will be another range attack like discharge (see above abilities) although being a desery lizard id not be surprised if they pull a dry skin on us. Wbatev, mayne an excuse to run rain dance.

I think i'm actually dreading the fandom fallout more than i am actually keeping track of a new type. Wonder how bad the reclass will be... on the flip, if true, it will be nice to tone down the dragons some more. And itll nerf the Spiritomb/sabeleye invincibikity... not that their truly deadly pokemon, but still

The starters actually dont impress me. Im waitng for evolutions. Gogoat is cool, but im not tradingin Jetpack Ditto for him. I f ittakes a hammer amd crrowbar, Janie is starting off with her Herdierr

Quote Originally Posted by Glover View Post
    I think i'm actually dreading the fandom fallout more than i am actually keeping track of a new type.
    Ohoho, I wouldn't worry about that. If it doesn't come to pass, the supporters will forget all about their little fairy type in a few months, just like they have with "light" type in the past. And should it be confirmed, the naysayers like me will quietly accept the change to the game, praising that at least now the rampant speculators can finally shut up. At least until the next gen...

Oh dear. I sound like an affably evil villain, don't I?

Ohoho, I wouldn't worry about that. If it doesn't come to pass, the supporters will forget all about their little fairy type in a few months, just like they have with "light" type in the past. And should it be confirmed, the naysayers like me will quietly accept the change to the game, praising that at least now the rampant speculators can finally shut up. At least until the next gen...

I'm thinkin that once Sylveon's type is announced, half of the people will moan and half will cheer. If it does end up bei a new type, the people believing in new ones will come back stronger for Gen VII, but if a new type is not confirmed, it'll probably be the same thing for Gen VII, with advocators for a light/sound/new type being about the same as with this new generation or the beginning of Gen V. They'll find a Reshiram or Sylveon to latch onto for the belief of a new type.

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Not really...?

I dunno, I don'trecall Light getting this mgh hype since they got the cards in Gen2, (reember those decks? No? Crap, I must be old then) but that could be a lack of connectivity on my part. I suspect there would be a lot of not quiet naysayers if there is a new type, especially fairy (and I do think that fairy sucks as a name for a type), although my theory is that they'll be fuming all the way to the Elite Four as they play the games they want to protest. I do think Gamefreak is falling out of their chairs laughing at us though, especially if Sylveon turns up being something lame and mundane after all this pans out.

When did they ever hype Reshiram for a new type? I only ever remember seeing it as Dragon/??? (fire mostly, some flying)

Quote Originally Posted by Glover View Post
    Not really...?

I dunno, I don'trecall Light getting this mgh hype since they got the cards in Gen2, (reember those decks? No? Crap, I must be old then) but that could be a lack of connectivity on my part. I suspect there would be a lot of not quiet naysayers if there is a new type, especially fairy (and I do think that fairy sucks as a name for a type), although my theory is that they'll be fuming all the way to the Elite Four as they play the games they want to protest. I do think Gamefreak is falling out of their chairs laughing at us though, especially if Sylveon turns up being something lame and mundane after all this pans out.

When did they ever hype Reshiram for a new type? I only ever remember seeing it as Dragon/??? (fire mostly, some flying)
    People seemed to think that since Zekrom was black and Reshiram was white that that would bring the new type. If I recall, a decently sized group followed the idea that Zekrom would turn Dragon/Dark and Reshiram would be Dragon/Light. It could have made sense, and I think that that is the closest equivalent that we have to the Fairy conspiracy with Xerneas and Sylveon.

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

hi everyone

So, anyone else signing up for that wifi tournament that's happening soon?
    NCTH Mk 3
    Now home of the NCTH ultimate journey, a league for those of us who play for fun, not for competition!

Also, I have done a story. It is here.

Former 4th Gen Gym Leader
    Challenged: 5 times. Badges given: 1

5th Gen Challenge Status
    Badges: 2 (Previous League)
    Current League:

(Credit to Northern Lights and Glover) 2/9

Quote Originally Posted by Joanie View Post
    So, anyone else signing up for that wifi tournament that's happening soon?
    What tournament? We should have another, if this group wasn't so nonexistent on here.

Anyway, lately two new chapters of Maelstrom have been uploaded, and I would really appreciate a review! Click the title to get to the first of two!

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

What tournament? We should have another, if this group wasn't so nonexistent on here.

Anyway, lately two new chapters of Maelstrom have been uploaded, and I would really appreciate a review! Click the title to get to the first of two!
    Nintendo's doing one. It's kinda on the front page of the main serebii site. :P
    NCTH Mk 3
    Now home of the NCTH ultimate journey, a league for those of us who play for fun, not for competition!

5th Gen Challenge Status
    Current League:

Also, full of the legendaries and standard competitive pokemon you'd expect.
    NCTH Mk 3

5th Gen Challenge Status
    Current League:

Yeah, I thought about signing up, but for whatever reason my game won't let me. I'm not too put out about it though, the idea of fighting through battle after battle of Tyranitatr, Ferrothron, Terrakion, the Latis and the Kami, broken up by the occasional Cloyster and Politoed doesn't fill me with excitement.

Every once in a great blue moon I think about joinging those, I'd love to actually satick my gym team into one if there were a Doubles court just to see how quick I get steamrolled, but it doesn't happen. And qite honeslt,y after Nintedumb went and reset my Dreamworld, I kinda stopped casring for G5. I got the points credits for all my stuff they so happily threw away, but I had a lovely log home built for a Pokemon, and POOF!

So, we'll see what G6 brings. Every once in a while I still raid the Dreamworld though, so if anyone is looking for anything?

Yeah, after thee third completely identical team, I kinda got tired and just unregistered myself. Bleh.
    Oh, and Blaziken. Read Maelstrom, liked it so far. Kinda tired right now, so not going to go make an indepth review or anything. But, good. And, wondering what the next chapter will be, since you seem to be wrapping things up, at least to me.
    NCTH Mk 3

5th Gen Challenge Status
    Current League:

Quote Originally Posted by Joanie View Post
    Yeah, after thee third completely identical team, I kinda got tired and just unregistered myself. Bleh.
    Oh, and Blaziken. Read Maelstrom, liked it so far. Kinda tired right now, so not going to go make an indepth review or anything. But, good. And, wondering what the next chapter will be, since you seem to be wrapping things up, at least to me.
    Yeah, the first and primary part is over, but not the entire thing. I kinda went for a The Dark Knight kind of thing where even when the big villain, the Joker, is defeated, there's still the repercussions and a second force that must be subdued.

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

I swear I had nothing to do with Team Flare. I'm just minding my own business, not up to anything nefarious at all...

I swear I had nothing to do with Team Flare. I'm just minding my own business, not up to anything nefarious at all...
    Haha sure... and I haven't been off the grid for almost four months or more. Nice GIF of Colonel Mustang by the way.

So I actually have a question for y'all. What gen 6 game are you getting and why?

I also come bearing some exciting news... I've turned my 5 year old sister into a trainer by introducing her to Leaf Green yesterday. She's estatic about Pokémon now... She started her journey by choosing a Charmander, like I did in Red Version all those years ago, and making me feel just a bit sentimental as she did... So watch out in a couple of years she'll be coming after our badges.
    My Black Friend Code is 2494-8412-9545 and my name on Black is Trysten.
    This is my badge for the NCTH to earn it you have to challenge the League and defeat me in a battle. Credit goes to Glover for the badge.
    And here's the link to my fic http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...irth-of-a-Hero

Yeah we'll see. If they start singing, we'll know you have had something to do with this, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartiger97 View Post
    Haha sure... and I haven't been off the grid for almost four months or more. Nice GIF of Colonel Mustang by the way.

So I actually have a question for y'all. What gen 6 game are you getting and why?

I also come bearing some exciting news... I've turned my 5 year old sister into a trainer by introducing her to Leaf Green yesterday. She's estatic about Pokémon now... She started her journey by choosing a Charmander, like I did in Red Version all those years ago, and making me feel just a bit sentimental as she did... So watch out in a couple of years she'll be coming after our badges.
    Welcome back! I'm eventually going to get both, but my first game in gen 6 will be X. Ever since these games were announced, I preferred X, and I still feel this way. I like Xerneas's design better, and we get Swirlix and Clauncher. I'm really happy with everything that we have gotten. I really hope that Pangoro is good, because I really want to use him in my gym!

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Welcome back! I'm eventually going to get both, but my first game in gen 6 will be X. Ever since these games were announced, I preferred X, and I still feel this way. I like Xerneas's design better, and we get Swirlix and Clauncher. I'm really happy with everything that we have gotten. I really hope that Pangoro is good, because I really want to use him in my gym!
    Thanks Blazi and alrighty, I'm probably getting X too unless Y has an awesome forest in it that X lacks lol. I just hope the Grass type gets something decent for me to use.

I finally have gotten White 2 and I'm going to do a play through with a Rilou as my partner (I'll catch him right in the beginning then abandon Snivy to a PC or the back of my team)
    Last edited by Wartiger97; 16th July 2013 at 3:28 AM.
    My Black Friend Code is 2494-8412-9545 and my name on Black is Trysten.
    This is my badge for the NCTH to earn it you have to challenge the League and defeat me in a battle. Credit goes to Glover for the badge.
    And here's the link to my fic http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...irth-of-a-Hero

Hello, everybody! It's great to see that everybody is doing well for themselves.

First off, glad to see that many got Pokemon x and y. However, this brings me straight to my point. I want to exchange 3ds Friend Codes in order to expand my Friend Safaris. Naturally, I would not just exchange without compensation. I will offer to breed anything that is possible for me breed, and train said Pokemon, if that is what you desire. The friend codes are greatly appreciated, and I wish to see the continued prosperity of the NCTH mk III!

P.S. - I know there is a thread for these types of exchanges, but I only wish for the casual exchange of friend codes, not "list your 3 pokemon, and I'll list mine, trade x pokemon for y pokemon, etc." My 3DS F.C. is-

0903-3027-2296

Gracias!
    Last edited by ThePhoenixarisen9; 8th November 2013 at 3:17 PM.

Wow, I didn't notice until now that there was anything new! I hate how the club has been dead for almost 6 months. How is everybody?

Anyway, my friend code is 1676-3751-9706. I'll add you in a little while, Phoenix.

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

Page 78 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2868747576777879 LastLast