Page 1162 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 162106211121152115811591160116111621163116411651166117212121262 ... LastLast
Results 29,026 to 29,050 of 33357

Thread: The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club

  1. #29026
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Alaska.
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    Some good news and some bad news for the LGBT.

    Good:

    California banned gayconversion therapy.

    Bad:

    Ukraine decided to make promoting or speaking positivly of homosexuality illegal. (this still needs to pass)
    ..

    I thought Ukraine was now Russia. I am so dumb.

    Some US stuff:
    Anyway, with the whole presidential campaign, if a president wanted to make same sex marriage illegal through out all 50 states, would he be able to?

  2. #29027
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,480

    Default

    I think it's important to clarify that California banned so-called 'gay conversion therapy' on minors specifically. Still a victory though.
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire:

    3DS Friend Code: 0946 2360 9613

  3. #29028
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Alaska.
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FireEmblemAddict View Post
    I think it's important to clarify that California banned so-called 'gay conversion therapy' on minors specifically. Still a victory though.
    But they're still open for anyone 18+ that wants to go. Even though I don't think anyone will lol.

  4. #29029
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avicii View Post
    ..

    I thought Ukraine was now Russia. I am so dumb.

    Some US stuff:
    Anyway, with the whole presidential campaign, if a president wanted to make same sex marriage illegal through out all 50 states, would he be able to?
    That would be pointless because on a federal level, gay marriage is already illegal. The Defense of Marriage Act of 1996 officially states that the U.S. federal government only recognizes marriages between a man and woman for all purposes. Now, Congress could theoretically pass a law that rescinds all state-official same-sex marriages and bans the practice from ever occuring again, but this is highly unlikely for two reasons.
    1. Public opinion is turning around rapidly to the side of supporting same-sex marriage.
    2. This would be a huge offense to state powers, which are guaranteed in our constitution.
    In the end, a president alone couldn't officially ban it.
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire:

    3DS Friend Code: 0946 2360 9613

  5. #29030
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YokoKurama View Post
    There is a gay dude who is seriously annoying me. We like the same person, well I did. And he wants to force me to stop liking him. I'm the type of person to get away from drama and problems, he's the kind to create them. He calls the guy I liked his Bae, Baby, Boo and all types of things. But, he's unaware that the guy he likes told me to go on his Facebook and block him. Haha, I wonder how he'll feel if I told him that. But, today he tried confronting me about it, I walked off saying "this is pointless, please stop annoying me with your useless problems".
    Good on ya, keep drama where it belongs; online.

  6. #29031
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    To be honest, I hate drama online too. People in other threads starting arguing with me, and I just left, because I find it pointless arguing online.

  7. #29032
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    I remember some time ago someone wanted to know about the progress on Same-sex marriage in Ireland.

    In 2013 Ireland will hold a constitutional convention on the issue. Polls have shown support to legalise samesex marriage in Ireland is arround 70% Which is quite high.


    My expectations for the year 2013 will be that atleast Ireland, Scotland and France will legalise it. Colombia will have it legalised on 20th June 2013 by court ruling.

    And the state of Maryland and Washington will pass it after a positive result from the november balot. Maine also having a november balot on Samesexmarriage will probably result in samesex marriage being legalised there aswell. That would leave Rhode Island being the last state in New England without marriage equality.
    I wonder when my state (Georgia) is going to legalize it...

    Probably 2050 lol. It, AL, and MI will probably be the last holdouts.

  8. #29033
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Connecticut,USA
    Posts
    137

    Default

    I wish gay marriage would be legalized all throughout America. I wish. I guess I can see it from both sides - yeah, gays shouldn't be married in a church because it generally violates Christianity's religious beliefs, and even in other places of worship, but that shouldn't get in the way of human love. I'm not always sure what side I pick on that, but I'm obviously more for the left-winged side of it.

    I still find it ironic that California doesn't allow gay marriage lol. It's an incredibly liberal state, so I'd naturally assume they'd approve of it. But, hey, you know what they say about what happens when you assume...

    My state, CT, has approved it. (At least, I'm pretty sure - last time I checked it did.) I'm happy with that, but I know I'm not staying here for college and beyond, so if I marry a guy I'd need to find a state that approves it. The north-eastern states are the best bet, right? Then again, I could be wrong.

    I don't remember if I brought this up before, but has anyone here had a problem with their significant other smoking...? Especially tasting like pot/cigaretts when you kiss them, even if they haven't smoked all day.
    3DS friend code: 1822-0152-4971 (Nick)
        Spoiler:- IN-GAME friend safaris:

  9. #29034
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    2,615

    Default

    Politcs, god I hate them...

    @Aru, I haven't dated anyone yet, but yes, that's just disgusting.


    Lol I talked to my crush today... It went, well to say the least...


    I look sugary and sweet, but in reality I'm just hollow and rotten.
    Tumblr

  10. #29035
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    3,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    I wonder when my state (Georgia) is going to legalize it...

    Probably 2050 lol. It, AL, and MI will probably be the last holdouts.
    Most likely when prop 8 gets struke down in the US supreme court.
    Last edited by 7 tyranitars; 3rd October 2012 at 1:38 PM.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

  11. #29036
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shining Aruseus View Post
    I wish gay marriage would be legalized all throughout America. I wish. I guess I can see it from both sides - yeah, gays shouldn't be married in a church because it generally violates Christianity's religious beliefs, and even in other places of worship, but that shouldn't get in the way of human love. I'm not always sure what side I pick on that, but I'm obviously more for the left-winged side of it.
    This part of your post kind of ignores an important part of same-sex marriage...
    The main reason many gay people want to marry is to be afforded the same benefits from the state (tax breaks, social security combining, hospital visitation rights, immigration rights, inheritance rights, etc.). As such, they (we) are pushing for state-validated marriages. Churches and such would be free to not perform same-sex marriages even if it is legalized. One can simply go to the local courthouse to file marriage papers and hold a ceremony elsewhere (or not, your choice).

    So your post kind of alluded to 'same-sex marriage limits religious freedom' but that's a very untrue argument. Individual churches can decide if they want to perform it or not, since marriages are only officially valid if you fill out the marriage license paperwork for the government.
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire:

    3DS Friend Code: 0946 2360 9613

  12. #29037
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    695

    Default

    I've always found arguments against gay marraige to be incredibly stupid. Why do you care really?

  13. #29038

    Default

    Moral support. i wonder why gay marrige is such a problem to the government
    join t-flare


    http://t-flare.com/

  14. #29039
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    3,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    I remember some time ago someone wanted to know about the progress on Same-sex marriage in Ireland.

    In 2013 Ireland will hold a constitutional convention on the issue. Polls have shown support to legalise samesex marriage in Ireland is arround 70% Which is quite high.


    My expectations for the year 2013 will be that atleast Ireland, Scotland and France will legalise it. Colombia will have it legalised on 20th June 2013 by court ruling.

    And the state of Maryland and Washington will pass it after a positive result from the november balot. Maine also having a november balot on Samesexmarriage will probably result in samesex marriage being legalised there aswell. That would leave Rhode Island being the last state in New England without marriage equality.
    I forgot to mention New Zealand, considering the first reading passed with a good majority new zealand will legalise it aswell in 2013.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

  15. #29040
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ponyville, Equestria
    Posts
    370

    Default

    *Biting my tongue because I know I'll get attacked*
    Welcome to the dungeon, little girl. We've got fun and games.



  16. #29041
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Connecticut,USA
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FireEmblemAddict View Post
    This part of your post kind of ignores an important part of same-sex marriage...
    The main reason many gay people want to marry is to be afforded the same benefits from the state (tax breaks, social security combining, hospital visitation rights, immigration rights, inheritance rights, etc.). As such, they (we) are pushing for state-validated marriages. Churches and such would be free to not perform same-sex marriages even if it is legalized. One can simply go to the local courthouse to file marriage papers and hold a ceremony elsewhere (or not, your choice).

    So your post kind of alluded to 'same-sex marriage limits religious freedom' but that's a very untrue argument. Individual churches can decide if they want to perform it or not, since marriages are only officially valid if you fill out the marriage license paperwork for the government.
    I don't think you understood what I wrote - I said I that I can see why churches wouldn't want for gays to be married in them. No need to attack me. I wasn't /arguing/ that same-sex marriage in general limits religious freedom (which would be ironic if I did, because I'm affiliated with homosexuality in the fact that I like women as well as men). I don't think I stated that anywhere - I just mentioned that I can see the other side's argument (or, at least, part of it) in saying that gays shouldn't be allowed to marry in a church.

    I guess I can see it from both sides - yeah, gays shouldn't be married in a church because it generally violates Christianity's religious beliefs, and even in other places of worship, but that shouldn't get in the way of human love.
    I was aware of the other facts, anyway. My aunts married last year - they had a justice of the peace marry them. I recently watched a priest sign the documentation that stated that the people who were 'married' in the church were now legally 'married.' So, yes, I know.
    3DS friend code: 1822-0152-4971 (Nick)
        Spoiler:- IN-GAME friend safaris:

  17. #29042
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Kanto
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avicii View Post
    ..

    I thought Ukraine was now Russia. I am so dumb.

    Some US stuff:
    Anyway, with the whole presidential campaign, if a president wanted to make same sex marriage illegal through out all 50 states, would he be able to?
    Oh....not to get off topic, but cute sig :3
    Check out Dragon-Tamer club..had to remove it because sig was too big. (Mod: As was having the water club)

    Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[
    Need someone to train your pokemon or breed for one ? I will do it.


  18. #29043
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    4,716

    Default

    I do not understand, nor do I care about why people are against gay couples.. As long as it will not affect me. (Yeah, I'm a horrible person)

  19. #29044
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ponyville, Equestria
    Posts
    370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adalricus View Post
    I do not understand, nor do I care about why people are against gay couples.. As long as it will not affect me. (Yeah, I'm a horrible person)
    No, actually, you're not. I agree with you. I don't get where this pack mentality/shame in thinking about yourself came from, but it's getting old. Why in the nine Hells should I "think of the children" over my own entertainment? (I'm looking at all the Moral Guardians/Media Watchdogs out there...you know who you are.) Why should I put someone else's life/well being over my own? It's called sink-or-swim for a REASON, dipsh*ts. If I'm in a burning building and I can make it out, but someone I DON'T KNOW can't and could endager my chances if I help them? Sorry, I'm putting myself first and letting the people who MAKE A LIVING rescuing others take care of him/her. If they make it out, great. If not, boo hoo, big whoop. Just mother nature's way of thinning the herd. If this makes me a sociopath, so be it. I'd rather live and be considered an emotionless devil than die trying to save someone who I know wont make it.

    Tl;dr version: Second.
    Welcome to the dungeon, little girl. We've got fun and games.



  20. #29045
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    4,716

    Default

    Well, then I am not a heartless monster after all.. Thank you for clearing that fog from my mind, Zangoose-Guy (Lack of nicnames. lol)

  21. #29046
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ponyville, Equestria
    Posts
    370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adalricus View Post
    Well, then I am not a heartless monster after all.. Thank you for clearing that fog from my mind, Zangoose-Guy (Lack of nicnames. lol)
    No problem, though my little rant may have just made others in the club question my morallity. And just call me Kira, please.
    Welcome to the dungeon, little girl. We've got fun and games.



  22. #29047
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Alaska.
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FireEmblemAddict View Post
    That would be pointless because on a federal level, gay marriage is already illegal. The Defense of Marriage Act of 1996 officially states that the U.S. federal government only recognizes marriages between a man and woman for all purposes. Now, Congress could theoretically pass a law that rescinds all state-official same-sex marriages and bans the practice from ever occuring again, but this is highly unlikely for two reasons.
    1. Public opinion is turning around rapidly to the side of supporting same-sex marriage.
    2. This would be a huge offense to state powers, which are guaranteed in our constitution.
    In the end, a president alone couldn't officially ban it.
    No, I mean go behind the states backs and make it illegal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shining Aruseus View Post
    I wish gay marriage would be legalized all throughout America. I wish. I guess I can see it from both sides - yeah, gays shouldn't be married in a church because it generally violates Christianity's religious beliefs, and even in other places of worship, but that shouldn't get in the way of human love. I'm not always sure what side I pick on that, but I'm obviously more for the left-winged side of it.

    I still find it ironic that California doesn't allow gay marriage lol. It's an incredibly liberal state, so I'd naturally assume they'd approve of it. But, hey, you know what they say about what happens when you assume...

    My state, CT, has approved it. (At least, I'm pretty sure - last time I checked it did.) I'm happy with that, but I know I'm not staying here for college and beyond, so if I marry a guy I'd need to find a state that approves it. The north-eastern states are the best bet, right? Then again, I could be wrong.

    I don't remember if I brought this up before, but has anyone here had a problem with their significant other smoking...? Especially tasting like pot/cigaretts when you kiss them, even if they haven't smoked all day.
    Yes, most all of New England has it legalized except that of two states.
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDragoniteHD View Post
    Oh....not to get off topic, but cute sig :3
    Thank you.(:

  23. #29048
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    4,716

    Default

    Oh, so I have no moral then.. Oh well, at least that's kinda true. lol

  24. #29049
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    In my own world
    Posts
    5,545

    Default

    Hey everyone, sorry for the absence again, but you know always popping up randomly:P. So I am moving out next week with my cousin, to a townhouse.. Scary since I never moved away from my mother (Since my parents are split up and my father's living elsewhere). Not sure if I can do it but I guess I will have to try.


    And talking about gay marriage and laws, I find it really annoying that when it comes to hot issues like that, we, the public are not given an option to vote! You know in Queensland the Senate or whoever passed over the Gay Marriage (So still illegal)... Why that's funny, I don't remember voting >.>, what's the point of making us vote for a new PM or new liberal or whatever party, if we can't vote for the issues around us? Probably because the government knows the supporters for Gay marriage will most likely overrule those who oppose it.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.


    Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

    And so the fifth generation begins...

  25. #29050
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    3,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Willow's Tara View Post
    Hey everyone, sorry for the absence again, but you know always popping up randomly:P. So I am moving out next week with my cousin, to a townhouse.. Scary since I never moved away from my mother (Since my parents are split up and my father's living elsewhere). Not sure if I can do it but I guess I will have to try.


    And talking about gay marriage and laws, I find it really annoying that when it comes to hot issues like that, we, the public are not given an option to vote! You know in Queensland the Senate or whoever passed over the Gay Marriage (So still illegal)... Why that's funny, I don't remember voting >.>, what's the point of making us vote for a new PM or new liberal or whatever party, if we can't vote for the issues around us? Probably because the government knows the supporters for Gay marriage will most likely overrule those who oppose it.
    It happens the otherway arround aswell though, when the government is in favor, but the public opinion is against.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Page 1162 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 162106211121152115811591160116111621163116411651166117212121262 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •