Page 1269 of 1334 FirstFirst ... 26911691219125912651266126712681269127012711272127312791319 ... LastLast
Results 31,701 to 31,725 of 33333

Thread: The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club

Moog- Thank you, I am sorry I had to get harsh, but it needed to be done, if we want to keep this club open to all.

Glad to see France legalized gay marriage, now to see if Australia will do the same. Surely with New Zealand, it will (And they won't back out, like California did, unless I am wrong, didn't they cancel it or something?). I can't imagine the outcry my church would probably make if it happened, although I haven't heard them complaining about France or New Zealand, so maybe there won't be as a big one, then again it would be on their home turf. I just wish they would understand, it's none of our business. We can't tell people how to live their lives, it doesn't affect us and we have no say in what other people do. You wanna save them? Great, go ahead and talk religion with some people, if they on their own, decide to look into Christianity, okay cool. If not, no reason to push it.

Although I can't say churches are the reason we don't have gay marriage, ultimately it's our Atheist PM who has the say, why she doesn't legalize gay marriage I don't know, if she's got no religion ties to it then I don't really see what excuse she could have to come up with it.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

Since its likely that me and my boyfriend ( I'm now calling him that, I'm just being relaistic here) might share our first kiss before I move, I'd like to pose and inquiry What was your first kiss from a significant other like? (if you have been kissed) Also, over the past year, I have grown to love listening to Pink and Lady Gaga.
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Pokemon Black team: The sixth spot is for whatever I feel like using at the time.

Looking for:

Pm me If you have any of these and I'll see if we can work something out.

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

A man once told me I can't have my cake and eat it too. I then proceeded to eat not only my cake but his as well.

What if the stickers are the only things made in China?

First kiss...
    Well, let's see. She lived pretty close to me, so I biked over to her house to see her on a Sunday afternoon sometime in the fall. Oh, and notice how I still remember that? Yeah...
    Anyhow, we went for a walk, grabbed pizza for dinner, and I took her home. We kissed on her front porch. Not one of those long and wet things, but I'm certainly not complaining.

It took me four tries to tell her to have a good night, my brain was so melted. She certainly didn't help, kept laughing at me. In any case, I had to bike home. Seeing as my mind was still elsewhere, I ended up accidentally swerving into the road and nearly missing a car. When I jerked the handle bars to get myself back onto the sidewalk, I hit a tree.

And I still couldn't get the stupid grin off my face, nor process anything remotely similar to a coherent thought.

In short, there really isn't anything quite like it. Just don't bike home, bad stuff might happen.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede
    Originally posted by razorrozar7
    Jesus said, "Love thy neighbor." He didn't say, "Love thy neighbor as long as they are straight, white, Christian, morally responsible individuals."
    Officially claimed Aht from Radiant Historia.

Grammar: It's the difference between knowing your sh*t, and knowing you're sh*t.

Darato is offline ❤ ❤❤ ❤❤❤ ❤❤❤❤ ❤❤❤❤❤[

Church Issues Statement on Boy Scouts of America
    SALT LAKE CITY —
    For 100 years, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has enjoyed a strong, rewarding relationship with Boy Scouts of America (BSA).

Recently, BSA has been reviewing a possible policy change in its standards for membership and leadership. Now that BSA has finished its review process and has proposed a resolution for consideration, the Church has issued the following statement:

“Over the past several weeks BSA has undertaken the difficult task of reviewing its membership standards policy. In their own words, this undertaking has been 'the most comprehensive listening exercise in its history.'

"While the Church has not launched any campaign either to effect or prevent a policy change we have followed the discussion and are satisfied that BSA has made a thoughtful, good-faith effort to address issues that, as they have said, remain 'among the most complex and challenging issues facing the BSA and society today.'

"The current BSA proposal constructively addresses a number of important issues that have been part of the on-going dialogue including consistent standards for all BSA partners, recognition that Scouting exists to serve and benefit youth rather than Scout leaders, a single standard of moral purity for youth in the program, and a renewed emphasis for Scouts to honor their duty to God.

"We are grateful to BSA for their careful consideration of these issues. We appreciate the positive things contained in this current proposal that will help build and strengthen the moral character and leadership skills of youth as we work together in the future.”
    http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/articl...uts-of-america

Also looks like another state here for same sex marriage

L.F.D.

*rejoins group for like the 8th time* What's up people!

It's great to see so many countries legalising/considering gay marriage. New Zealand, the UK and now France :O Humanity is progressing on this issue a lot quicker than I predicted at least.

Also, I came out to my sister earlier this week; she says she doesn't care which is the best kind of reaction I could hope for Kinda wish I came out sooner tbh Just have to undertake the arduous task of telling the parents.
    Q: What's a Metapod's favourite ice-cream??
    A: Hardendazs...
    ....yeah I suck at jokes:/
    KAKUNA MATATA
    Current Poke-activity : Pokemon White 2 Walkthrough - Set Mode, No Healing Items
    Current Progress: 4th Gym Leader

Quote Originally Posted by LordLucario21 View Post
    Since its likely that me and my boyfriend ( I'm now calling him that, I'm just being relaistic here) might share our first kiss before I move, I'd like to pose and inquiry What was your first kiss from a significant other like? (if you have been kissed) Also, over the past year, I have grown to love listening to Pink and Lady Gaga.
    Hmm... Let me remember. Oh! Well this girl and I had been dating for like a couple months, we'd been ice skating and went on walks together. Then one day, (well it was night.) She was getting really flirty, and then she was like do you want to kiss? And I said "of course." And then our lips touched and it was the most magical thing ever. We must have kissed a couple times after that.

First kiss.. Like, ever? or with another guy?

Anyways. First one ever. At the cinema with a girl I was dating a couple of years ago. Pretty romantic, actually.
    And the first guy: My straight friend when we were really drunk yesterday. Not so romantic..

I have never been kissed. So I can't comment on that.

So I have semi-news, tonight I opened up to another one of my Christian friends, about me supporting gay marriage. I have already told two, who I consider really big Christians, like close to extreme, and this third one is about the same. (One of them is a pro for family first, and even attempted to run as leader for one area or something in an election). Both have been understanding, and I think the other one is too.

I told him because I was telling him how when I first came to the church, I was nervous to tell anyone I liked Pokemon, you know because of Christians not liking the whole evolution thing, until I realized I was among Pokemon watchers and fans haha. So we talked about that, and I told him there were still things I was a bit nervous to tell them I supported or liked, so after reminding me I have been to that church for about 3 years now, and not one person has sneered, smeared or judged me, and most of them act like a family to me (The ones I really know or get along with), so I told them I supported gay marriage, because well we don't have a right to tell them who they can't marry, and if we try to legalize it when they aren't even Christians, it will cause even more of a negative view to Christianity, and he said he understood my points there. We had a small talk but he kinda had to be somewhere (I came home early, because he was dropping me off).

Apparently he already knew anyways, that I said bits and pieces over the years.. but anytime homosexuality comes up with my church friends, I say nothing. I have no idea how he knew that part lol. Might have been facebook and that ticker thing, that lets people see what you or others posted on someone's wall or liked pages (Like Gay Marriage Rights in Australia.. Guess that's a big clue haha).

Anyway the point is, I have 167 friends on Facebook, of about 100-120 of those people are Christians, the other half are old friends, and family, 2% are people I have never met or known, but somehow made it to my FB. Now people take me off randomly, both non and Christians, dunno if this is the reason, but chances are, they (Including about 4 Pastors, maybe 5) probably have seen me liking a page or commenting on the Gay rights one in the ticker section. If all of them have seen it, and not said a word about it, then I guess I don't know what I am scared of, why I hold back, when chances are, yes they will probably debate it with me, but they probably won't abandon their friendship to me, just because of that.

Not sure if I will go right out and say it, but I guess it makes me feel easier to tell them, well most of them who I consider friends, those who I am not sure even likes me, are another story, but those ones aren't really on my FB.

Yeah, well I just wanted to tell you guys that story, sorry for the long part.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

Now I can finally answer my own question! It was..... not what I expected. It was great and romantic an stuff, but the actual mechanics of it caught me off guard. Plus it was awkward due to not only formerly being friends, but neither of us taking charge. XP But it was nice nonetheless.
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Pokemon Black team: The sixth spot is for whatever I feel like using at the time.

Looking for:

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

A man once told me I can't have my cake and eat it too. I then proceeded to eat not only my cake but his as well.

Hey may I join this club??
    I used to considered myself straight but there was a few time where i was questioning my sexuality. Then everything changed after I met the most amazing girl <3
    It's true that you cannot choose with who you fall in love. We've been together for almost one month now Since college is over till September, we both went back home. I'm in the north of Ontario and she's in the south. Thank god for Skype!!
    I still haven't told my mom yet. My college friends, my brother and my best friend knows. Everyone is very supportive and I love been able to tell everything to my best friend. I just don't know how to tell my mom that I'm bi cuz my brother is gay and when he told her, she took it hard and had to get help.

MM13: of course you can! Also, congratulations on the supportive friends, those people are...valuable, to say the least.

Lucario: Aww! That's great. I'm really happy for you...and a little jealous...but yay!

| tumblr. | dA |

Sorry that I haven't posted here in a while! I thought I might give a quick status update.

So, I finally went to my first queer social meetup and met the two most amazing guys there. The three of us have quickly become close, and I've gone to a few more meetups since. They make me feel a lot more comfortable with both my sexuality and my gender, and for that, I'm extremely grateful. But, there are still a few rough things getting me down. School is still awful, and I still can't find the courage to break up with my girlfriend. Hopefully I can work that out soon.

As for my first kiss... Well, it was with my current girlfriend, about a year or so ago. It was really awkward, since neither of us had kissed anyone and we had to keep our other friends, who were sleeping a few feet away, from noticing. Now I wish it had been with someone else. She's changed a lot.
    Last edited by Squiddly Dee; 30th April 2013 at 4:53 PM.

Back from a very long hiatus. Signature and other things under construction! My friend code is 3496-9664-6228, and my friend safari contains Slugma, Growlithe, and Braixen.

Spoiler:- Shinies and credits:

walking down town with my bf today post-kebab, and there were a group of anti gay people that were gathered (i live in france), anyhow, out of all the possibilities, some random came up to me and pointed at my ear and started mouthing off on the fact i've got an ear ring in my right ear, and started cussing at my being a f----- etc, not even acknowledging anyone else nor my bf, i kinda turned around and smacked his face a few times but whatever, the thing i am most curious about is how on earth did he see 2 stud earrings from a distance, and who the hell gives a damn. imo he was just picking a fight
    (yeah quite a few people are becoming homo-violent in france now the law has passed)

my first kiss: i had many gfs before i came out
    [IMG]http://i33.*******.com/vqjxj5.jpg[/IMG] wow fantastic baby [IMG]http://i33.*******.com/vqjxj5.jpg[/IMG]

First of all, I'd like to join, I'm gay.

@happinas, I'm so sorry you had to go through that. Its ignorance, it will one day pass, we can only hope. On one hand, its a great victory that France passed marriage equality.

Hm so my first kiss. It was this year. Earlier in the year, I had a crush on this guy. Then I found out he had a crush on me. One thing led to another, we kissed, and ending up going out for a month and a half. I rushed into it because I had never had a relationship before and I didn't even know him that well. He ended up not being the right fit, and ended up just hurting me.

I believe I am stronger for this experience though, and I will never go out with a similar guy again. (I'm very religious, Christian,he was extremely cynical and kind of disrespectful)

Anyway, its very good to hear that marriage equality is spreading. Again I'm so sorry for happinas' experience, that is awful. But the world is changing, right?

In terms of being in/out of the closet: I am out to my parents, my dad is okay with it my mom is very upset. Its been 1 year since I told them. About 2/3 of my very close friends know. The other 1/3 I'm too nervous to tell. My family is also extremely homophobic, but oh well.

Recently, a good friend of mine who didn't know about me revealed that he is questioning whether or not he is gay. I told him about me, and things have been fine since. I don't think he knows anything yet. I don't really see it as a big deal. He is just my friend. I haven't really figured out whether I have feelings or not. I think part of me is telling myself not to have feelings, because I don't want to confuse him. Or myself. Besides, I think I'm done with dating for a while. Who needs a bf when you have pokemon? :S
    Last edited by Floette; 1st May 2013 at 8:01 PM.

Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

@cup of tea, not the first time and frankly not that bothered, just a shame their idiots the world is changing and personally i'm good at close combat - i'm so str8 but don't even like girls haha
    more sorry for the fact you have homophobic relatives, everyone in my family is open minded so i never had any problems like that.. #virtual_hug (>°_°)>
    [IMG]http://i33.*******.com/vqjxj5.jpg[/IMG] wow fantastic baby [IMG]http://i33.*******.com/vqjxj5.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by happinas View Post
    @cup of tea, not the first time and frankly not that bothered, just a shame their idiots the world is changing and personally i'm good at close combat - i'm so str8 but don't even like girls haha
    more sorry for the fact you have homophobic relatives, everyone in my family is open minded so i never had any problems like that.. #virtual_hug (>°_°)>
    Same here, my family was very accepting when I came out as bi. It sucks that there are families that will hate their own flesh and blood for being who they are. But I guess that's how the world works *sigh* At least more countries are allowing LGBT people to marry than ever before, so that's a plus.
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Looking for:

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

I can't remember the last time I posted here but i think I did, turns out I'm gay. (& with the member happinas, who told me he created an account here recently today)
    POKEMEN X FRIEND CODE 0576-5538-2566
    TEAM:

Oh my goodness, guys, my girlfriend is the greatest.

Long story short, I had an accident at work which sent me to the ER. I broke my nose, fractured my back, and cracked a few ribs. I'm pretty much bed-ridden. I can get up, with the help of the medication I've been given, but it's painful to move around too much so I really only get up to eat and use the bathroom.

But my girlfriend has been wonderful about all of this. She came over as soon as I was home from the ER to help me out and she's been amazingly helpful. I woke up last night in severe pain, and she sat up with me until I was able to drift off again. She didn't bat an eye when my medications reacted in such a way that it made me sick to my stomach several times. I can't imagine how I'd be getting along without her to help me. And it's almost finals for her too, she doesn't really have time for all of this, but she's still here with me.

This girl deserves an award.

Quote Originally Posted by Spookz View Post
    Oh my goodness, guys, my girlfriend is the greatest.

Long story short, I had an accident at work which sent me to the ER. I broke my nose, fractured my back, and cracked a few ribs. I'm pretty much bed-ridden. I can get up, with the help of the medication I've been given, but it's painful to move around too much so I really only get up to eat and use the bathroom.

But my girlfriend has been wonderful about all of this. She came over as soon as I was home from the ER to help me out and she's been amazingly helpful. I woke up last night in severe pain, and she sat up with me until I was able to drift off again. She didn't bat an eye when my medications reacted in such a way that it made me sick to my stomach several times. I can't imagine how I'd be getting along without her to help me. And it's almost finals for her too, she doesn't really have time for all of this, but she's still here with me.

This girl deserves an award.
    That story made my day. I wish everyone was as supportive as her. I wish I could do that for someone. Although I do remember when I accidentally cut myself with a very sharp knife while trying to cut a bagel. My friend helped me up and led me to the bathroom to disinfect it and stuff. When I passed out from looking at the wound, I woke up on the couch a minute later. My friend had dragged me there after covering up my cut. I still smile when I think about it.
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Looking for:

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

I'm always alone when do something stupid and hurt myself, so I always end up needing to fix whatever it is by myself, then phone mom to apologize for the blood all over the (insert random object here). It'd be nice to have someone look after, or to have someone to look after. Maybe I should just make sure I'm an extreme klutz at my friend's house next time, instead of just all the time. :P

But geez, that girl is a keeper. Nice story, still making me smile.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede
    Originally posted by razorrozar7
    Jesus said, "Love thy neighbor." He didn't say, "Love thy neighbor as long as they are straight, white, Christian, morally responsible individuals."
    Officially claimed Aht from Radiant Historia.

Grammar: It's the difference between knowing your sh*t, and knowing you're sh*t.

I've been browsing 4chan A LOT lately, mainly /v/ and /lgbt/ and in the lgbt section, I've noticed a lot of MtF threads and the like. So I ask all of you. Have you ever been around a trans person or had one as a relative? I haven't experienced being around one or knowing one iirc. But I'm personally okay with trans people.
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Looking for:

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

I've never known one either...I hope this doesn't come off as transphobic, but in my mind, if I see someone who's transgender, and this sounds terrible, when I think them in my brain I always ending up using their biological pronoun. I mean, I don't want to, and I'm completely open to transgenderism, but my brain seems to see, say, a transwoman as a male with make up on. And that bull, I know. I dunno why my mind works that way, and I'm not, not, not against transgenderism at all... I feel bad about it. I think if I got to know someone though, and knew better how to, I dunno, react to it though, maybe my brain would stop putting them in that weird category...gahh

...does anyone have this problem too? ><

| tumblr. | dA |

I know quite a few transgendered/vestite people, not physically attracted to them, but I love them loads
    POKEMEN X FRIEND CODE 0576-5538-2566
    TEAM:

Quote Originally Posted by Moog2 View Post
    But geez, that girl is a keeper. Nice story, still making me smile.
    She really is, I don't know how I'd manage without her. And as awful as this whole episode has been, it's definitely brought us closer. Anyway, I've been feeling a bit better this week, but I still can't do much aside from sit lay in bed and watch movies on my computer. I'm getting bored and it's only been 7 days.. no idea when I'll be well enough to actually do things again.

Quote Originally Posted by LordLucario21 View Post
    Have you ever been around a trans person or had one as a relative?
    Not that I'm aware of, but I wouldn't be surprised if I've bumped into someone and not realized.

Have you ever been around a trans person or had one as a relative?

Well, I met a trans person in town one day. I would never have guessed she was a he until she started talking. Very nice person though.

Page 1269 of 1334 FirstFirst ... 26911691219125912651266126712681269127012711272127312791319 ... LastLast