Page 1048 of 1342 FirstFirst ... 489489981038104410451046104710481049105010511052105810981148 ... LastLast
Results 26,176 to 26,200 of 33545

Thread: The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club

Speaking of Australia, has anyone been made aware of this video from Australian advocacy group GetUp! about supporting marriage equality?

It's a great video that, I think, accurately captures something that is missing from other commercials like this: it reflects the struggles of being in a relationship; it doesn't really matter if the guys are gay or not. It might be about supporting marriage equality, but the range of situations and emotions shown can be easily applied to any marriage, which I think makes it more effective.

Also, notice that YouTube has a symbol by it's logo signifying today as the first of World AIDS Day.

Its just nice to see some support.

theatre, transcending sex and gender barriers, links to amusing stories...

Yep, you're definitely going to fit in quite well, here.

I know Spookz and myself do, but does anyone else follow Khaos? It's probably the best (or close to) LGBT webcomic I have read that's not explicitly... uh... explicit. The others I know are for more of a... hirsute taste, and I'm not sure if y'all want to know how many bear comics I look at.

which leads me to:

What is your favourite LGBT webcomic (or just favorite altogether)?

I find it hard to choose. Blur The Lines is full of bear humor mixed with self-mockery. The aforementioned Khaos is very drama-filled, and draws attention to serious issues and a need for unity. The forums there are pretty rad, too. Bear With Me, while funny, is less outright funny and more dramatic and serial that Blur the Lines. It has one-offs dotted into the clear continuity of the main storyline, and the art is constantly evolving. Which leads me to the last subject here, Questionable Content. Clear continuity, evolving art, and a lot of geeky humor. Also, something about music or something. The non-gay one of the pack. I know, I have a hard time choosing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnae View Post
    Thanks a lot,

I'm glad to know I'm not the only person in the world who is bugged by gender barriers. =D
    same here, what most people forget, is that it is a disadvantage for both genders. It isn't helping anyone, it only making life harder :S.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

As an Australian this is great news. There has been ALOT of talk recently about gay marriage; on the radio, talk shows, current affair shows and in the newspaper. As I understand it, the vast majority of young people say 'yes' to gay marriage. The majority of middle aged people also say 'yes.' I do not know anything of the elderly's opinion, but it seems to me as though the government is the only thing in the way at this time. Unfortunately I don't see this changing anytime soon, due to the fact that there are essentially two parties (at least, only two that stand a chance), Being Labor and Liberal, both of which are against gay marriage at this point in time.
    Your Liberal party doesn't support gay marriage?? ... surely supporting gay marriage would actually be a very Liberal thing to do if I understand anything about politics correctly.

I also enjoyed the article about "X"; bascially underlines the point that gender stereotypes are silly and shouldn't be as much of an obstacle. It actually reminds me of a newspaper story I read a while ago where a boy wore a skirt to school because the headteacher banned boys from wearing shorts.
    Q: What's a Metapod's favourite ice-cream??
    A: Hardendazs...
    ....yeah I suck at jokes:/
    KAKUNA MATATA
    Current Poke-activity : Pokemon White 2 Walkthrough - Set Mode, No Healing Items
    Current Progress: 4th Gym Leader

Happy AIDS day, wear a condom!

Damn, I haven't been here in a long time, has anything changed, is the Ancient Mariner still running things on this forum as rickety as ever?
    ~Disclaimer: If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared to not only retract it, but also to deny under oath I ever said it. ~

Quote Originally Posted by .Bambi. View Post
    Dawn Hero:

If you don't want to do it then don't do it! I mean, if you're as innocent as you claim then you probably shouldn't be hanging out with the campus bicycle anyways. If you still want to go on the coffee date then do it, but if he still wants you to come back to his then I think you should tell him the truth. "I'm sorry, I'm not comfortable meeting someone for coffee and then going back to their place to have a 3-some with another random guy I've never met before" is a pretty resonable excuse. Maybe not to the whores, but to normal people like us.

And if the whole thing goes to shit then does it really matter anyways? It sounds like you don't want to be in a relationship with him after learning who he really is, so does it matter if he's put-off by the whole situation?
    Well, I'm obviously not going to do it. I'm not easily pressured by anyone. xD It's more of an, "oh, oops! You know that thing I promised? Yeah, well, you're gonna be really disappointed." Lol. I really don't even care if someone's been around, like I said - the only thing I care about is how completely moronic I feel for misinterpreting something and the guilt/shame that comes to unknowingly agreeing with something like that when I refuse to move so quickly in a relationship. xD Gives off a wrong message. Honestly, he seems like a great guy; I wouldn't be against a relationship if things continued the way they have. Though, there's a close friend of mine I've been making over the past half a year or so who's gay, and we hung out and went to lunch today. He was very opposed to me being with him, but I'm starting to wonder if it's for other reasons. That just makes things even more complicated, since he's really sweet. Dx

Oh, rants about myself. I'm really not that interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Fused
    Nope. Senior in high school. Which is worse because apparently its this year that the school decides to make you do everything! Oh well. The good thing is that everything about this year is about graduating, so it's going by pretty fast, but sometimes that scares me too. I can't believe tomorrow is the first of December!
    Yay! I'm a senior in High School as well. c: It's so fun - though I agree with you, wayyyy too much to do. I picked a wrong year to not be at the high school hahah. Just think, though - winter break is literally right around the corner, and if you want to go to the party, go. You deserve a break. Just don't compromise yourself. If you don't want to drink, don't. Some of us are just as exciting when sober. I have a feeling you are, too!
    ~Facebook~ | ~Tumblr~ | ~Twitter~
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/54xhxk.jpg[/IMG]
    (Credit for the banner goes to myself. Click it to see my fan fic; comments & reviews appreciated!)

Quote Originally Posted by Moogles4ever View Post
    Ah yes because having tons of sexual activity makes you a "whore" and doesn't make you "normal". This looks like you're shaming someone for their own life decisions which really isn't any of your business. Which I'm hoping you're not, because really :/ It's just sexual activity. Certainly nothing to go around calling names over.
    I don't understand why this affected you so much, honestly. I'm sorry, but if you go out for coffee with someone and a 3-way back at your place is implied, yeah, you're kind of a slut. And I'm not some innocent, chaste person either. I just have standards, I guess :/

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn_Hero View Post
    Though, there's a close friend of mine I've been making over the past half a year or so who's gay, and we hung out and went to lunch today. He was very opposed to me being with him, but I'm starting to wonder if it's for other reasons. That just makes things even more complicated, since he's really sweet. Dx
    Well I hope everything works out. And what do you mean by 'making over'? Like socially, physically, what?
    Last edited by .Bambi.; 2nd December 2011 at 8:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fused View Post
    Speaking of Australia, has anyone been made aware of this video from Australian advocacy group GetUp! about supporting marriage equality?
    Wow, that's a great video. It really captures everything about a relationship, and how they're mostly the exact same gay or straight.
    'Cause with my mid-youth crisis all said and done
    I need to be youthfully felt, 'cause God I never felt young

I don't understand why this affected you so much, honestly. I'm sorry, but if you go out for coffee with someone and a 3-way back at your place is implied, yeah, you're kind of a slut. And I'm not some innocent, chaste person either. I just have standards, I guess :/

Well I hope everything works out. And what do you mean by 'making over'? Like socially, physically, what?
    I meant it more along the lines of "I've been making a really close friend for the last half a year." Guess my phrasing was awkward - sorry. :P
    ~Facebook~ | ~Tumblr~ | ~Twitter~
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/54xhxk.jpg[/IMG]
    (Credit for the banner goes to myself. Click it to see my fan fic; comments & reviews appreciated!)

I believe what Moogles is saying is "so what?"
    So what if someone likes sex? So what if they have casual three-ways? So what if they get around? Does that make them any less of a person, any less empathetic towards their fellow man, woman, or X? And does calling them a slut or a whore really do anything but hurt, insult, and possibly alienate them? And why exactly is sex with many partners supposed to be so bad, anyway? So what?

I have standards, too. I play it safe with sex outside my relationship. I don't do just anyone or anything. I just happen to like variety. I'm not built monogamously, not everyone is.

By the way, I've skipped the coffee before in lieu of a shower. With one of the two guys. Showers have never been so fun.

It's been a while since I was here. How are everyone?

I feel like those zombies from The Walking Dead serie on Tv lately:
    My neck is stiff and hurts, I have a bad headache, soar throat, and I get dizzy when I move my head.
    I am also insainly tired all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Briankelly130 View Post
    Damn, I haven't been here in a long time, has anything changed, is the Ancient Mariner still running things on this forum as rickety as ever?
    Wow. I haven't seen that banner in a loooooong time.

Welcome back!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn_Hero View Post
    Yay! I'm a senior in High School as well. c: It's so fun - though I agree with you, wayyyy too much to do. I picked a wrong year to not be at the high school hahah. Just think, though - winter break is literally right around the corner, and if you want to go to the party, go. You deserve a break. Just don't compromise yourself. If you don't want to drink, don't. Some of us are just as exciting when sober. I have a feeling you are, too!
    Yes, winter break is right around the corner, and that's what scares me! I have so much to do before then and I honestly don't know how to get it all done in time.

Also, I'm a very quiet drunk, so that might be the reason. But honestly, I just really don't have a taste for alcohol.

Well you're shaming someone for exploring their sexuality. It's not your place to do so. I mean, sure, you may not be into the whole anonymous hook up thing and I'm well aware that it isn't a scene for everyone. Hell, it isn't even a scene for me and I wouldn't think about doing it. However, you have no right to start shaming other people or doing snap judgments because of their sexual preferences. The words slut and whore for example completely dehumanizes someone, even if they're a man or a woman. Especially when someone's own sexual activity is really up to their own. Shaming someone like that is disgusting.

I tend to take this particular thing rather seriously considering that I've had female friends who've been completely alienated from other people for being a "slut". For what, being able to embrace their sexuality and perhaps wearing a skirt that is too "short"? It's the cheapest way to attack anybody, especially a woman. People already have enough stereotyping and issues to go through without people making stupid judgments over things that aren't even their own business. Honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphapupQuicksilver View Post
    I believe what Moogles is saying is "so what?"
    So what if someone likes sex? So what if they have casual three-ways? So what if they get around? Does that make them any less of a person, any less empathetic towards their fellow man, woman, or X? And does calling them a slut or a whore really do anything but hurt, insult, and possibly alienate them? And why exactly is sex with many partners supposed to be so bad, anyway? So what?
    Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. "Slut-shaming" is the cheapest and most ridiculous way to attack someone.

Star-Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Fused View Post
    I thought this was an incredible video, thanks for sharing, I posted it on my facebook in hopes to spread this message. =P
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/a0lbtx.png[/IMG]
    ~Credz to PikaPal_Lyra~

How are legends born?
    Take a look at my new fanfic Here

I thought this was an incredible video, thanks for sharing, I posted it on my facebook in hopes to spread this message. =P
    same here, i enjoyed it too

I chase the dream, not the competition.

Been a while since I posted.....
    kinda in a relationship thing....but don't really know if it'll last.
    Also ex's suck......
    Blorp

Hows everyone these holiday days?
    There's a tyrant king with a reptile heart
    And he's started a wave of crime now
    From his ship high above he abducted my love
    For the fourteenth or fifteenth time now

relationship's been going on over a year now, and that's good.

Preparing for Yule. I have no clue yet what I'm going to make, I think cranberries will be part of it.

well I have not posted in a long time so here is a up-date about my life

I dated someone who was my friend for the past two years he chaeted on me, used me and emonatonly abused me

I finaly got a past time job

I got my ear pieced

and atm I am in love with 3 guys someone in my drama class I can tell he is gay/bi and is hidding it, a firend who lives in B.C and my x-bf Josh whos dad won't let us talk
    Last edited by Kdude146; 8th December 2011 at 12:35 AM.
    All true power as love in it to make it strong.

Love is Love!!

Wow eventful Ice Wolf, I hope everything works out, and welcome back!

On another note, I personally don't like what the word love has become. People use it so much that it's meaning really means very little. It's too bad too, because it's really a beautiful word.
    Blorp

Quote Originally Posted by djhappy View Post
    Wow eventful Ice Wolf, I hope everything works out, and welcome back!

On another note, I personally don't like what the word love has become. People use it so much that it's meaning really means very little. It's too bad too, because it's really a beautiful word.
    Like how 11 yr olds say there in love?
    There's a tyrant king with a reptile heart
    And he's started a wave of crime now
    From his ship high above he abducted my love
    For the fourteenth or fifteenth time now

I'd like to join this club, please. While I'm not 100% certain I'm bisexual, I know I'm at least a bit bi-curious. But, my girlfriend of 10 months still loves me, and we still stay together regardless. As of yet, she is the only one who knows.

^ My UU Team ^

VM me for Gen V battles!

My Facebook | My PokeCommunity

Quote Originally Posted by djhappy View Post
    I remembered a TV commercial when i read this, and you're so right

Quote Originally Posted by Deoxys386 View Post
    I'd like to join this club, please. While I'm not 100% certain I'm bisexual, I know I'm at least a bit bi-curious. But, my girlfriend of 10 months still loves me, and we still stay together regardless. As of yet, she is the only one who knows.
    Welcome to the club, it's a safe place here <3

I chase the dream, not the competition.

Even before I started to have my feelings, I still was always very supportive of LGBT people. The way I see it, why discriminate against someone for a certain way they were born? I'm very glad that Don't Ask, Don't Tell is no longer active. That policy was just ridiculous imo.

^ My UU Team ^

VM me for Gen V battles!

My Facebook | My PokeCommunity

Page 1048 of 1342 FirstFirst ... 489489981038104410451046104710481049105010511052105810981148 ... LastLast