Page 1048 of 1334 FirstFirst ... 489489981038104410451046104710481049105010511052105810981148 ... LastLast
Results 26,176 to 26,200 of 33350

Thread: The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club

Quote Originally Posted by djhappy View Post
    Spawned by a recent debate....

Do you take offence when someone calls something "faggy" when they really mean stupid? If so do you think you are being oversensitive?
    I do feel a little offended, even though i know they don't mean it in a mean way

Spawned by a recent debate....

Do you take offence when someone calls something "faggy" when they really mean stupid? If so do you think you are being oversensitive?
    I stopped caring so much about it. Don't let it hurt you guys and girl
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Yeah, I would take offense to that. If you were black and someone used the N word to describe something they didn't like, wouldn't you be offended? It's pretty much along the same lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryubane View Post
    Umm idk what the current conversation is here cuz I haven't posted in forever, but I just had to tell somebody.

I HAZ BOYFRIEND!!!!!
    So... JEALOUS!

I'm not offended. But that's because in my mind, there's no connection between "faggy/fagoot" and "homosexual."

I'm sorta like Kairne (he said this a couple pages back) in that I tend to take words too literally as a means of retaliation. A ****** is a bunch of sticks, gay is happy (although I do use that to identify myself instead of other terms, but I guess in my head I've learned to separate the different meanings of the word) and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Fused View Post
    I'm not offended. But that's because in my mind, there's no connection between "faggy/fagoot" and "homosexual."
    I'd be the same way. If someone calls me a faggot, then I would be offended. But when someone says that something is faggy I don't take offence, because fag does not mean gay.

Gay actually means happy and a f@g is a bundle of sticks. So when someone calls you a "gay @$s f@ggot" they really mean you're a happy donkey bundle of sticks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryubane View Post
    Gay actually means happy and a f@g is a bundle of sticks. So when someone calls you a "gay @$s f@ggot" they really mean you're a happy donkey bundle of sticks
    Oh that made me smile

My thing is when you start using a variation of a word in a negative way, those who don't understand the difference like impressionable children tend to associate the word and all it's variations in a negative way. I ran into this issue with my nephew when some kids at his school were talking about gay people in a negative way and he came hold saying he hates gay people. No one in my family has ever expressed those sentiments and my sister, his mother is very pro-gay rights so it bothered me. We talked to him about it but people don't understand what things like that does to impressionable youth. It may not offend you but that doesn't mean it's okay.

3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

The word "queer" really annoys me more than any other gay-related words. Seeing as the word actually originally means "weird" or "strange" or in some cases "mentally deranged" (I'm quoting an online dictionary here), it gets to me when people use it in a homophobic context; basically implying that gay people are abnormal, or there's something wrong with them in some way.

I was told by my old RS teacher that Gay is actually an acronym for "Good.As.You." Though yeah, Gay does actualy mean happy.

In the UK, F@ggots are a traditional dish consisting of cuts of pork...
    ...I wonder if you would recieve a ban on Serebii for talking about the recipe
    Q: What's a Metapod's favourite ice-cream??
    A: Hardendazs...
    ....yeah I suck at jokes:/
    KAKUNA MATATA
    Current Poke-activity : Pokemon White 2 Walkthrough - Set Mode, No Healing Items
    Current Progress: 4th Gym Leader

The usage of these words are totally out of control as by now. It's okay to say: "Hey, I'm gay" as you're indicating your "tastes", but people tend to think in the wrong way. Most of them see the word "gay" as an offensive word, instead of just associating the term with a preference.

The same happens with the commonly known slang terms that derive from gay (f@g, which comes from the UK, queer which means "odd" in some way, and etcetera) All of them are derogative words and don't have a sense.

I still think that the ignorance of the people is what contributes these kind of things to happen. If they were smarter, or had a higher IQ, wouldn't be paying too much attention to other's lives. That could be seen especially in my country, Venezuela, located in South America. Land of what-you-may-call Homophobia, and since I'm gay, I wouldn't even mind moving later on.

Player's Name: Zafyron, White Friend Code: 1721 - 6526 - 2990. If you want to trade, just tell me!

Actually, the origin of "f@g" is a old English term meaning a small bundle of sticks to be used for kindling. When someone calls you that, it basicially means they want to burn you. So, yeah, I do take it as an offense.
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardTrubbish View Post
    Description: I am sexy
    ~I Like Boys~

Yes original meanings are important, but words evolve.

And IMO if words offend someone they should not be used.

Well, fag as a term for homosexuals does originate from when "witches" were burned. A witch would have her own stake on the pyre, but the gays that were burned were just put in the pile of wood. Just another fag.

However, with the same logic, avatarsokia, calling someone "muffin" or "cupcake" or "honey" would mean you want to ingest them, and calling someone "chipmunk" means you want them to sing to earn you a fortune.
    Quote Originally Posted by snare View Post
    Roll over ya twinks, we're taking over.
    Quote Originally Posted by mapache View Post
    lol, xD the thread need a name change. The Gay/Lesbian/Bear Alliance Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash4life View Post
    Every discussion here ends up at either bears or musical theatre. What is this, the gay club?!

Oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedSuicune View Post
    have any of you had an attraction to a specific member of the opposite sex (if you're gay), or to someone of the same sex (if straight)?
    If Cheryl Cole was on my bed naked with her legs apart I wouldn't say no!

I did genuinely have crushes on the opposite sex back in the day and I did quite a bit with girls before I came out. I do still occasionally make-out with girls when I'm drunk, though I've never been the one to initiate it. I am definitely a gay male, but I can still appreciate a gorgeous woman.

I wasn't aware "faggy" was an actual term. And to be honest it sounds completely stupid. I don't take offence when someone says "fag" or "that's gay", though. Don't get me wrong, it's not something I encourage, but it's not something I get worked up over either.

Hi, I'm new here.
    I don't classify myself as lesbian/bi/straight

I feel like we are all just people and our energy can either be with another person or not, regardless of all gender boundaries.

I'd like to join ^_^

thanks =3

Welcome , while I am not here to argue about that with you, not everyone is like you. Anyways, hope you enjoy it here.

welcome aboard ^_^

greets, arachnae. Welcome to the club for one and all. I'm Kairne I will be your waiter this evening

I can definitely respect someone who can transcend gender boundaries altogether. A tip of the hat to you
    Quote Originally Posted by snare View Post
    Roll over ya twinks, we're taking over.
    Quote Originally Posted by mapache View Post
    lol, xD the thread need a name change. The Gay/Lesbian/Bear Alliance Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash4life View Post
    Every discussion here ends up at either bears or musical theatre. What is this, the gay club?!

Oh wait...

thanks everyone =3

Im sure I'll enjoy my time here.

Yay! I'm gay, I wanna join.

I have something to share actually and I wanted to have some thoughts on it. I thought I didn't feel bad anymore, but I guess I kind of do still. Looking for some input/advice. Copy/pasting this from my personal blog.

Spoiler:- A hookup from hell (Explicit material, ye be warned):

Default In response to your story...

Well I think you've made it clear that you've learned from this whole experience. As such I feel as though you shouldn't let it get to you so much. I assume this was very recent, and still fresh in your mind because of the fact that you are asking for our input.

That said, its no longer a problem in your life. Sure it will take some time to just 'forget' it, but give it a months and you'll wonder why it ever bothered you. Admittedly you could have dealt with it better, but in the end, its people like that who are just out for as much attention as they can grab. It truly is sad, because often they are hurting, but if they aren't willing to help themselves, who is going to be able to? It sounds like this guy needs some form of counseling or another, mainly to help him with his self esteem issues.

Anyway, like you said; he is emotionally unstable at this time in his life, and in my opinion people who aren't able to cope with themselves should not determine other individual's feelings and thoughts.

I hope this was helpful, sorry its so long. =3
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/a0lbtx.png[/IMG]
    ~Credz to PikaPal_Lyra~

How are legends born?
    Take a look at my new fanfic Here

We are used to walls of text arround here don't worry about it. :P (I seem to be one of the few with short posts >.<)

Quote Originally Posted by Gergovia View Post
    Yay! I'm gay, I wanna join.

I have something to share actually and I wanted to have some thoughts on it. I thought I didn't feel bad anymore, but I guess I kind of do still. Looking for some input/advice. Copy/pasting this from my personal blog.

Spoiler:- A hookup from hell (Explicit material, ye be warned):
    First off, welcome to the club! I don't think I've ever once met a gay man who didn't have self-esteem issues, but man, that guy takes the cake. That sounds like a very unpleasant situation, especially when you had no intentions of anything happening in the first place. Well I guess you learned your lesson here. I wouldn't let someone elses insecurities bother you too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Gergovia View Post
    Whatever civility and sympathy I had for this **** just went out the window.
    The fact that you used that word just made my day.

Anyways, as for my own life... has anything really happened in it?

I feel like I'm just going through the motions and it sucks. I've done so many different things in the past few weeks to get me out of this rut, but all of those plans end up in failure. I tried to go see a movie with my friends - simple right? Except half of them bail out at the last second (some of them had a good excuse, but others not so much.) I've started going to the gym to try and work out both my body and my ovrall stress. But I still feel like something is weighing me down.

I don't know. Sometimes I think its this boy that I still (and will probably forever) like, but I can't do anything about it.

It also doesn't help that my school and workload has been slowly eating up my "me" time. My only me time it seems is about one hour to watch a new episode of Castle or Glee and then the five hours I get for sleep.

I just want it to be Christmas break or something. Just a quick respite to recharge and get my life back together, instead of worrying about if everybody else's life is together.

Ah well.

Oh wow. It's been forever, you guys! No one probably remembers me, but I'll chug on like I just got the greatest welcome party ever. How've you all been? I got a hair cut since the last time I was here.

Quote Originally Posted by Fused View Post
    I just want it to be Christmas break or something. Just a quick respite to recharge and get my life back together, instead of worrying about if everybody else's life is together.

Ah well.
    I'm sorry you're getting bogged down with everything. :/ That seriously sucks. If you're in college (I'm assuming you are?) then it makes sense, though - about this time in the quarter/semester life seems to be nearly unbearable, especially if you're trying to keep up with friends. I've realized that the last two weeks of school for me entail nothing but A) LOTS of sleep, normally the second I get home, B) LOTS of homework, normally when I wake up from the sleep I got when I get home, and C) Little to no time for friends. If you're somehow adding in time for them... I can understand why you'd be stressed. Hahah.

As for me? I just officially turned 18 a week ago today (the 22nd!) - woohoo! Call me shallow, but I've always enjoyed dating older men - either by a few months or a few years, so it's nice to finally not be considered "jail bait." Not like I ever let anything get far enough to make it jail-worthy, though. I don't let anyone get in my pants easily. xD Oh, the things I find myself saying on children's forums...

I actually met a really cute guy on my birthday, though - he's twenty six and goes to my university. Absolutely gorgeous, and he's a genius, too. We were talking and he's a grad student who has a degree in psychology and a minor in French (my dream degree / minor, though I may end up doing an economics minor instead), and he only has one year to go before he begins trying to become a therapist. He was like, perfect. And we were talking a lot. xD And I finally worked up the courage to say, "Hey! So, you're smart and interesting. Do you wanna grab coffee sometime so we can go over what you might suggest for my degrees? Well, that's the 'official' reason - I'm really asking 'cause you're incredibly cute and I'd like to get to know you more." I was super freaked. Buuut, he said yes. :3 We're supposed to meet up later this week for coffee on campus.

But, then things sort of took a turn for the worst (in my book). After we talked a bit more, he casually mentioned he had a friend who might like to come as well. I was like, "Oh... Well, I had sort of meant it as a date between the two of us. If you don't want it to be, though, that's okay, too. I'm alright with just being friends." He replied something along the lines of, "I want it to be a date, too - I just meant maybe afterwards he could swing by if we went back to my place?" I was confused. And innocent. And had no idea what he meant. So I said, "Uh, okay! "

Well, yesterday I ran into my friend who knows practically every gay guy on campus. He showed me a picture of him and a cute guy he ran into and started gushing over how sweet he was - I showed him a picture of the guy I was going to have coffee with and gushed over how sweet he was. My friend gasped. It turns out the guy is kind of the gay school ****. :/ Now, I really don't care about that type of thing - what you do in your spare time is your business. But I found out he has a thing for three- and four-ways... And remembered how I agreed that it'd be okay if his friend joined us after coffee back at his place. Dx

See, my innocent mind assumed that meant something along the lines of, "Tchyeah! It'd be super cool to come to my place and, like, play Super Smash Bros. Melee or Halo, and I can bring a friend over so it wouldn't be awkward!" Not, "once we see each other face to face let's go have a little fun and I can bring a friend over to share in the joy." :/ Well, my first official awkward mess-up since turning 18... Hurray. Lol.

/Rant. Sorry for the huge wall of text. D:
    ~Facebook~ | ~Tumblr~ | ~Twitter~
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/54xhxk.jpg[/IMG]
    (Credit for the banner goes to myself. Click it to see my fan fic; comments & reviews appreciated!)

Page 1048 of 1334 FirstFirst ... 489489981038104410451046104710481049105010511052105810981148 ... LastLast