Page 1048 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 489489981038104410451046104710481049105010511052105810981148 ... LastLast
Results 26,176 to 26,200 of 33355

Thread: The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club

Happy Thanksgiving everyone :c

3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

Spawned by a recent debate....

Do you take offence when someone calls something "faggy" when they really mean stupid? If so do you think you are being oversensitive?

Quote Originally Posted by djhappy View Post

Do you take offence when someone calls something "faggy" when they really mean stupid? If so do you think you are being oversensitive?
    Well the word "f@g" is offensive anyway. Even when people call something "gay" and they mean it's stupid it's still offensive. People shouldn't associate being gay with being stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryubane View Post
    Well the word "f@g" is offensive anyway. Even when people call something "gay" and they mean it's stupid it's still offensive. People shouldn't associate being gay with being stupid.
    This. I also feel that way about words that have a negative origin being used as a term of endearment like the N word and any variation of it.

I do feel a little offended, even though i know they don't mean it in a mean way

I stopped caring so much about it. Don't let it hurt you guys and girl
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Yeah, I would take offense to that. If you were black and someone used the N word to describe something they didn't like, wouldn't you be offended? It's pretty much along the same lines.

Umm idk what the current conversation is here cuz I haven't posted in forever, but I just had to tell somebody.

I HAZ BOYFRIEND!!!!!
    So... JEALOUS!

I'm not offended. But that's because in my mind, there's no connection between "faggy/fagoot" and "homosexual."

I'm sorta like Kairne (he said this a couple pages back) in that I tend to take words too literally as a means of retaliation. A ****** is a bunch of sticks, gay is happy (although I do use that to identify myself instead of other terms, but I guess in my head I've learned to separate the different meanings of the word) and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Fused View Post
    I'm not offended. But that's because in my mind, there's no connection between "faggy/fagoot" and "homosexual."
    I'd be the same way. If someone calls me a faggot, then I would be offended. But when someone says that something is faggy I don't take offence, because fag does not mean gay.

Gay actually means happy and a f@g is a bundle of sticks. So when someone calls you a "gay @$s f@ggot" they really mean you're a happy donkey bundle of sticks

Gay actually means happy and a f@g is a bundle of sticks. So when someone calls you a "gay @$s f@ggot" they really mean you're a happy donkey bundle of sticks
    Oh that made me smile

My thing is when you start using a variation of a word in a negative way, those who don't understand the difference like impressionable children tend to associate the word and all it's variations in a negative way. I ran into this issue with my nephew when some kids at his school were talking about gay people in a negative way and he came hold saying he hates gay people. No one in my family has ever expressed those sentiments and my sister, his mother is very pro-gay rights so it bothered me. We talked to him about it but people don't understand what things like that does to impressionable youth. It may not offend you but that doesn't mean it's okay.

The word "queer" really annoys me more than any other gay-related words. Seeing as the word actually originally means "weird" or "strange" or in some cases "mentally deranged" (I'm quoting an online dictionary here), it gets to me when people use it in a homophobic context; basically implying that gay people are abnormal, or there's something wrong with them in some way.

I was told by my old RS teacher that Gay is actually an acronym for "Good.As.You." Though yeah, Gay does actualy mean happy.

In the UK, F@ggots are a traditional dish consisting of cuts of pork...
    ...I wonder if you would recieve a ban on Serebii for talking about the recipe
    Q: What's a Metapod's favourite ice-cream??
    A: Hardendazs...
    ....yeah I suck at jokes:/
    KAKUNA MATATA
    Current Poke-activity : Pokemon White 2 Walkthrough - Set Mode, No Healing Items
    Current Progress: 4th Gym Leader

The usage of these words are totally out of control as by now. It's okay to say: "Hey, I'm gay" as you're indicating your "tastes", but people tend to think in the wrong way. Most of them see the word "gay" as an offensive word, instead of just associating the term with a preference.

The same happens with the commonly known slang terms that derive from gay (f@g, which comes from the UK, queer which means "odd" in some way, and etcetera) All of them are derogative words and don't have a sense.

I still think that the ignorance of the people is what contributes these kind of things to happen. If they were smarter, or had a higher IQ, wouldn't be paying too much attention to other's lives. That could be seen especially in my country, Venezuela, located in South America. Land of what-you-may-call Homophobia, and since I'm gay, I wouldn't even mind moving later on.

Player's Name: Zafyron, White Friend Code: 1721 - 6526 - 2990. If you want to trade, just tell me!

Actually, the origin of "f@g" is a old English term meaning a small bundle of sticks to be used for kindling. When someone calls you that, it basicially means they want to burn you. So, yeah, I do take it as an offense.
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardTrubbish View Post
    Description: I am sexy
    ~I Like Boys~

Yes original meanings are important, but words evolve.

And IMO if words offend someone they should not be used.

Well, fag as a term for homosexuals does originate from when "witches" were burned. A witch would have her own stake on the pyre, but the gays that were burned were just put in the pile of wood. Just another fag.

However, with the same logic, avatarsokia, calling someone "muffin" or "cupcake" or "honey" would mean you want to ingest them, and calling someone "chipmunk" means you want them to sing to earn you a fortune.
    Quote Originally Posted by snare View Post
    Roll over ya twinks, we're taking over.
    Quote Originally Posted by mapache View Post
    lol, xD the thread need a name change. The Gay/Lesbian/Bear Alliance Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash4life View Post
    Every discussion here ends up at either bears or musical theatre. What is this, the gay club?!

Oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedSuicune View Post
    have any of you had an attraction to a specific member of the opposite sex (if you're gay), or to someone of the same sex (if straight)?
    If Cheryl Cole was on my bed naked with her legs apart I wouldn't say no!

I did genuinely have crushes on the opposite sex back in the day and I did quite a bit with girls before I came out. I do still occasionally make-out with girls when I'm drunk, though I've never been the one to initiate it. I am definitely a gay male, but I can still appreciate a gorgeous woman.

I wasn't aware "faggy" was an actual term. And to be honest it sounds completely stupid. I don't take offence when someone says "fag" or "that's gay", though. Don't get me wrong, it's not something I encourage, but it's not something I get worked up over either.

Hi, I'm new here.
    I don't classify myself as lesbian/bi/straight

I feel like we are all just people and our energy can either be with another person or not, regardless of all gender boundaries.

I'd like to join ^_^

thanks =3

Welcome , while I am not here to argue about that with you, not everyone is like you. Anyways, hope you enjoy it here.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

welcome aboard ^_^

greets, arachnae. Welcome to the club for one and all. I'm Kairne I will be your waiter this evening

I can definitely respect someone who can transcend gender boundaries altogether. A tip of the hat to you
    Quote Originally Posted by snare View Post
    Roll over ya twinks, we're taking over.
    Quote Originally Posted by mapache View Post
    lol, xD the thread need a name change. The Gay/Lesbian/Bear Alliance Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash4life View Post
    Every discussion here ends up at either bears or musical theatre. What is this, the gay club?!

Oh wait...

thanks everyone =3

Im sure I'll enjoy my time here.

Yay! I'm gay, I wanna join.

I have something to share actually and I wanted to have some thoughts on it. I thought I didn't feel bad anymore, but I guess I kind of do still. Looking for some input/advice. Copy/pasting this from my personal blog.

Spoiler:- A hookup from hell (Explicit material, ye be warned):

Default In response to your story...

Well I think you've made it clear that you've learned from this whole experience. As such I feel as though you shouldn't let it get to you so much. I assume this was very recent, and still fresh in your mind because of the fact that you are asking for our input.

That said, its no longer a problem in your life. Sure it will take some time to just 'forget' it, but give it a months and you'll wonder why it ever bothered you. Admittedly you could have dealt with it better, but in the end, its people like that who are just out for as much attention as they can grab. It truly is sad, because often they are hurting, but if they aren't willing to help themselves, who is going to be able to? It sounds like this guy needs some form of counseling or another, mainly to help him with his self esteem issues.

Anyway, like you said; he is emotionally unstable at this time in his life, and in my opinion people who aren't able to cope with themselves should not determine other individual's feelings and thoughts.

I hope this was helpful, sorry its so long. =3
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/a0lbtx.png[/IMG]
    ~Credz to PikaPal_Lyra~

How are legends born?
    Take a look at my new fanfic Here

Page 1048 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 489489981038104410451046104710481049105010511052105810981148 ... LastLast