Page 11 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521611111011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club

Quote Originally Posted by ghostofsparta
    O yeah, I remember you from Pokecommunity digital phoenix. Aren't you with Shikon no Tama?
    ...Yeah, that's me. But don't be fooled, I actually have a brain and a grip on common sense (albeit quite faint, but... yeah).

I'm thinking my friend is gay. Me and my friends have always suspected that he was. We always said he was but we never made fun of him for it. And now he is one of my best friends but yet he continues to say he isn't. But then he has never had a girlfriend and he checks out boys. What do you guys think I should do to help him out? I don't think it is right for someone like him to suffer. Do you?
    There's nothing wrong with being gay. That said, you shouldn't be trying to do anything to 'help him out.' Does he know that he's gay? You should get him to realise.

harderbetterfasterstronger
    bishie furukawa nagisa
    code geass || breakout

ghostofsparta Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Phoenix
    ...Yeah, that's me. But don't be fooled, I actually have a brain and a grip on common sense (albeit quite faint, but... yeah).

There's nothing wrong with being gay. That said, you shouldn't be trying to do anything to 'help him out.' Does he know that he's gay? You should get him to realise.
    I don't think he does realize that he is. I think he is confused about his sexuality. How can I get him to realize that he is?

Lord umbreon Guest

I don't think he does realize that he is. I think he is confused about his sexuality. How can I get him to realize that he is?
    If you give him long enough he'll probably find out for himself. He might not even be gay, he might just be very camp or unattracted to both sexes.

Sorry I haven't posted for ages - school play tonight, and tomorrow too.

Lu's got a really good point, ghostofsparta, you can't force him to realise something that might not even be true of him, just give him time...he needs to go at his own pace and find out for himself.
    .:My Xanga:.+.:My Art:.
    "Co-Owner of 'The Gay/Lesbian Alliance Club'"

Yeah but i don't think he's forcin' him.I came out on my own since i was the one who really had to accept the fact that i was gay, i used to try to be straight and like girls, but i always turned to see the boys and not the girls lol.

ghostofsparta Guest

O.k. I'm not forcing him, but maybe he isn't thanks for the advice so what if was gay but just didn't want to tell anyone because he was so embarrassed of what everyone else thought, because he is quite selfconsuis. He is always worried about what others think of him. But you guys are right I can't force someone thanks for the info.

Can i join?
    I think i am straight, but there are times when i am not 100% sure.
    Either way, i am a supporter of gays, lesbians and anyone else. I think everyone should be allowed to love whoever they want.
    [img]http://i40.*******.com/10cjcqv.gif[/img]
    Banner: pink skitty | Profile Pic: Hakuryuu | Team Pose: Gladeshadow. Thanks guys~ ;3
    Fan of Sonic? Join my Fanlisting and show the love~

ghostofsparta Guest

That is good, I think everyone should who they want too.

Cool sig. of Yoh and Yugi.

Thanks.

I have a problem and i am wondering what to do about it.

I had a crush on my best friend (he still doesn't know about it) and i thought he returned the feelings. But a while ago, he admitted to me that he was gay.
    I was a little upset at first. But ONLY because i knew that he definitely wouldn't return my feelings. But i am over it now, and i actually think it's better just being best friends because a relationship could have ruined our friendship.

Anyways i think he should love whoever he wants to, and i am happy for him because now that he has a boyfriend, he's really happy.
    However, most of the people we know round our area, friends, family and neighbours etc, aren't exactly very supportive of gays or lesbians.
    So the point of this post is to ask if anyone has any tips for my friend? And also tips for me, because as his best friend, i want to support him every way possible.
    Banner: pink skitty | Profile Pic: Hakuryuu | Team Pose: Gladeshadow. Thanks guys~ ;3

ghostofsparta Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Pikachu
    Thanks.

I have a problem and i am wondering what to do about it.

I had a crush on my best friend (he still doesn't know about it) and i thought he returned the feelings. But a while ago, he admitted to me that he was gay.
    I was a little upset at first. But ONLY because i knew that he definitely wouldn't return my feelings. But i am over it now, and i actually think it's better just being best friends because a relationship could have ruined our friendship.

Anyways i think he should love whoever he wants to, and i am happy for him because now that he has a boyfriend, he's really happy.
    However, most of the people we know round our area, friends, family and neighbours etc, aren't exactly very supportive of gays or lesbians.
    So the point of this post is to ask if anyone has any tips for my friend? And also tips for me, because as his best friend, i want to support him every way possible.
    I think I can try to help you friend. But what are the tips for your friend? What is his real problem, is he being ridiculed for him liking boys?

Well, he told me he was afraid of what others would think of him.
    We have a very close group of friends, and although they're usually very open-minded, neither of us are sure about how they'll take it.
    If they're true friends, they shouldn't care who he loves. But he doesn't want to risk losing their friendship in anyway. So we're not sure how to approach them on the subject.
    Also, we live in an area where we're the "freaks" as they say. We're unpopular because we don't really fit in and we've been followed and threatened a lot.
    We're afraid that if they ever found out it would make the "attacks" worse.
    Especially as we already know that most of them are pretty closed-minded, racist, prejudice and the like.

What we really need tips on, is how to tell the people we trust. And also how to keep it from the people we don't trust. They seem to have a habit of finding out these things. But I honestly have no idea how.

ghostofsparta Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Pikachu
    Well, he told me he was afraid of what others would think of him.
    We have a very close group of friends, and although they're usually very open-minded, neither of us are sure about how they'll take it.
    If they're true friends, they shouldn't care who he loves. But he doesn't want to risk losing their friendship in anyway. So we're not sure how to approach them on the subject.
    Also, we live in an area where we're the "freaks" as they say. We're unpopular because we don't really fit in and we've been followed and threatened a lot.
    We're afraid that if they ever found out it would make the "attacks" worse.
    Especially as we already know that most of them are pretty closed-minded, racist, prejudice and the like.

What we really need tips on, is how to tell the people we trust. And also how to keep it from the people we don't trust. They seem to have a habit of finding out these things. But I honestly have no idea how.
    Whoa...you have quite a situation with you. If the friends don't like or respect the fact that he is gay then they aren't his friends at all. They should be able to respect his opinion on life. Other wise they are just a person who can never respect your manner of life. 1st maybe you should ask them if they would still be your friends if he were gay. Then if they can't respect then I suggest for you to convince them the bright side of being attracted to the same gender. Or if they still don't respect then get them to be better as friends, all friends should respect others sexuality. If not then I'm almost out of ideas to keep it frompeople you don't trust is hard to say you give me a little bit more info. I can help even more.

Emerald Pikachu - I don't know how to handle that... Hmm... Find out their beliefs on gays by casually bringing it into a conversation or watching a movie with a gay person something like that, and ask them whatever after getting the conversation started. Then once you get an idea, let the people who don't care/are ok know. And then once those people know, ask them about the people who you weren't sure about would be ok. If some of them don't like gays then you don't need them. You decide if you want to let them know or not.

Well something like that should work, but may need minor tweaking... I hate coming out processes. Their more complicated than they need to be.

ghostofsparta Guest

Steely has a good point there what if you combine my plan with Steely's plan some how? That should help you Emerald Pikachu.

Digital Phoenix and Emerald Pikachu- Sure welcome to the club.
    EP- Hmm well Steely and GOS made very good advice, Just bring the topic og fays up and ask them what do they think of gays? If they ask why? are you gay? well then you make the desicion thier.
    GOS- Yeah, maybe you should wait for awhile, it is possible that he could not be gay, or he could be bi.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

bulma hater Guest

I'll join.

I'm straight (and a girl).

But I have absolutely nothing against gays or lesbians.

So can I join?

I like yaoi (too much)

Tough situation Emerald Pikachu. I would do what Steely said, i guess its your best option (other than not doing anything). Girls handle these things a lot better (well, says my friend who is gay). So i suggest starting with some of your friends who are girls.

Thanks to Aurora Wish for making this card- totally awesome.

The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up.
    Paul Valery

"I grew up with six brothers. That's how I learned to dance: waiting for the bathroom."
    Bob Hopes

bulma hater- Sure, welcome to the club.

Wlecome to the club Bulma hater!
    I just found out that i have another friend who's homosexual. My friend Alice. No one has a problem with this, seems strange because the same guys who pick on my other friend Ben who's gay are quite fine with her. Seems strange... they have double standards i guess.

off-topic... WT, i had no idea you were Aussie.

Paul Valery

"I grew up with six brothers. That's how I learned to dance: waiting for the bathroom."
    Bob Hopes

Yeah, i am also half Mayalsian.. Hmm it is possible that it because Alice is a girl, I once asked a guy at school (I can't remeber why but something to do with gays) What does he think if gays? He said he found them disgusting or something, and smugly I said, What about girls, I think his answer was I don't mind them because it hot or something.. Which proves that guys drives for Female Lesbians to kiss *Rolls eyes* Typcial aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Willow's Tara
    Yeah, i am also half Mayalsian.. Hmm it is possible that it because Alice is a girl, I once asked a guy at school (I can't remeber why but something to do with gays) What does he think if gays? He said he found them disgusting or something, and smugly I said, What about girls, I think his answer was I don't mind them because it hot or something.. Which proves that guys drives for Female Lesbians to kiss *Rolls eyes* Typcial aren't they?
    ^^ I was hinting that in my last post... i wonder if women drive for gays?

Paul Valery

Bob Hopes

Lord umbreon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by charizard trainer #1
    ... i wonder if women drive for gays?
    Well I've recieved a strange amount of hugs from the girls in my class over the last couple of days... But they don't know that I'm gay. They were just all emotional because my best friend (not to be confused with the man of my twisted homosexual dreams) is left today and he was friends with most of the girls. Sophie started crying in french - I felt so sorry for her...
    Last edited by Lord umbreon; 30th June 2005 at 11:00 PM.

Heh, my opinion on the whole guys love lesbians but hate gay guys/girls love gay guys is (remember this is just my opinion =P) because people always say gay guys are more sensitive/in tune with their emotions. While that rings true most of the time not a lot of straight guys are. And also most of the time girls like that in a guy. Usually the only staight guys who have problems with gay guys are jocks/macho dudes whose body runs on testosterone and I think their just intimidated by the fact that their image wouldn't look so macho if they supported gay guys and rather beat them up to show off how powerful they are. Something like that. It's late and I'm sleepy, but also excited cause today is my birthday! Woohoo, but back on topic, that's just my opinion. I mean my opinion is something like that, but I can't think straight at the moment. So heh please don't get mad.

No one's said ANYTHING about Canada and Spain legalizing gay marriage?

Here's hoping that they can pressure the US into doing *something*.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

It's summer, heh I don't wake up early enough to watch the only news show I'll watch. So I never hear about anything going on anymore. Isn't it amazing that the U.S.A. is widely known all over as the free country yet almost everyone who isn't in this country can buy cigerattes earlier, drink legally earlier, and all that other crap that you must be 18+ to do. Yeah some of the stuff I named is bad but I'm a teenager and those are the only things I think about. >=D

Page 11 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521611111011 ... LastLast