Page 1162 of 1334 FirstFirst ... 162106211121152115811591160116111621163116411651166117212121262 ... LastLast
Results 29,026 to 29,050 of 33335

Thread: The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club

  1. #29026

    Default

    Support. yea
    join t-flare


    http://t-flare.com/

  2. #29027
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Fanboys dreams
    Posts
    4,414

    Default

    Sweedish people talk funny. Heheheh..
    But yes, eat them

  3. #29028
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ponyville, Equestria
    Posts
    370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FireEmblemAddict View Post
    Don't let our angst drag you down! I'm happy to hear the success of others anyway~
    Heh, "success" is one way of putting it ^^;
    Welcome to the dungeon, little girl. We've got fun and games.



  4. #29029
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,598

    Default

    There is a gay dude who is seriously annoying me. We like the same person, well I did. And he wants to force me to stop liking him. I'm the type of person to get away from drama and problems, he's the kind to create them. He calls the guy I liked his Bae, Baby, Boo and all types of things. But, he's unaware that the guy he likes told me to go on his Facebook and block him. Haha, I wonder how he'll feel if I told him that. But, today he tried confronting me about it, I walked off saying "this is pointless, please stop annoying me with your useless problems".

  5. #29030
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Fanboys dreams
    Posts
    4,414

    Default

    Good boy. Usless drama is meaningless.

  6. #29031
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    3,088

    Default

    Some good news and some bad news for the LGBT.

    Good:

    California banned gayconversion therapy.

    Bad:

    Ukraine decided to make promoting or speaking positivly of homosexuality illegal. (this still needs to pass)
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

  7. #29032
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    695

    Default

    Ugh. On one case a step forward, in the other 12 steps back.

  8. #29033
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    3,088

    Default

    I remember some time ago someone wanted to know about the progress on Same-sex marriage in Ireland.

    In 2013 Ireland will hold a constitutional convention on the issue. Polls have shown support to legalise samesex marriage in Ireland is arround 70% Which is quite high.


    My expectations for the year 2013 will be that atleast Ireland, Scotland and France will legalise it. Colombia will have it legalised on 20th June 2013 by court ruling.

    And the state of Maryland and Washington will pass it after a positive result from the november balot. Maine also having a november balot on Samesexmarriage will probably result in samesex marriage being legalised there aswell. That would leave Rhode Island being the last state in New England without marriage equality.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

  9. #29034
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Alaska.
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    Some good news and some bad news for the LGBT.

    Good:

    California banned gayconversion therapy.

    Bad:

    Ukraine decided to make promoting or speaking positivly of homosexuality illegal. (this still needs to pass)
    ..

    I thought Ukraine was now Russia. I am so dumb.

    Some US stuff:
    Anyway, with the whole presidential campaign, if a president wanted to make same sex marriage illegal through out all 50 states, would he be able to?

  10. #29035
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,404

    Default

    I think it's important to clarify that California banned so-called 'gay conversion therapy' on minors specifically. Still a victory though.
    Pokemon X Team:

    3DS Friend Code: 0946 2360 9613


    Black 2 FC: 2967 6413 3444

  11. #29036
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Alaska.
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FireEmblemAddict View Post
    I think it's important to clarify that California banned so-called 'gay conversion therapy' on minors specifically. Still a victory though.
    But they're still open for anyone 18+ that wants to go. Even though I don't think anyone will lol.

  12. #29037
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avicii View Post
    ..

    I thought Ukraine was now Russia. I am so dumb.

    Some US stuff:
    Anyway, with the whole presidential campaign, if a president wanted to make same sex marriage illegal through out all 50 states, would he be able to?
    That would be pointless because on a federal level, gay marriage is already illegal. The Defense of Marriage Act of 1996 officially states that the U.S. federal government only recognizes marriages between a man and woman for all purposes. Now, Congress could theoretically pass a law that rescinds all state-official same-sex marriages and bans the practice from ever occuring again, but this is highly unlikely for two reasons.
    1. Public opinion is turning around rapidly to the side of supporting same-sex marriage.
    2. This would be a huge offense to state powers, which are guaranteed in our constitution.
    In the end, a president alone couldn't officially ban it.
    Pokemon X Team:

    3DS Friend Code: 0946 2360 9613


    Black 2 FC: 2967 6413 3444

  13. #29038
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YokoKurama View Post
    There is a gay dude who is seriously annoying me. We like the same person, well I did. And he wants to force me to stop liking him. I'm the type of person to get away from drama and problems, he's the kind to create them. He calls the guy I liked his Bae, Baby, Boo and all types of things. But, he's unaware that the guy he likes told me to go on his Facebook and block him. Haha, I wonder how he'll feel if I told him that. But, today he tried confronting me about it, I walked off saying "this is pointless, please stop annoying me with your useless problems".
    Good on ya, keep drama where it belongs; online.

  14. #29039
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,598

    Default

    To be honest, I hate drama online too. People in other threads starting arguing with me, and I just left, because I find it pointless arguing online.

  15. #29040
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    I remember some time ago someone wanted to know about the progress on Same-sex marriage in Ireland.

    In 2013 Ireland will hold a constitutional convention on the issue. Polls have shown support to legalise samesex marriage in Ireland is arround 70% Which is quite high.


    My expectations for the year 2013 will be that atleast Ireland, Scotland and France will legalise it. Colombia will have it legalised on 20th June 2013 by court ruling.

    And the state of Maryland and Washington will pass it after a positive result from the november balot. Maine also having a november balot on Samesexmarriage will probably result in samesex marriage being legalised there aswell. That would leave Rhode Island being the last state in New England without marriage equality.
    I wonder when my state (Georgia) is going to legalize it...

    Probably 2050 lol. It, AL, and MI will probably be the last holdouts.

  16. #29041
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Connecticut,USA
    Posts
    132

    Default

    I wish gay marriage would be legalized all throughout America. I wish. I guess I can see it from both sides - yeah, gays shouldn't be married in a church because it generally violates Christianity's religious beliefs, and even in other places of worship, but that shouldn't get in the way of human love. I'm not always sure what side I pick on that, but I'm obviously more for the left-winged side of it.

    I still find it ironic that California doesn't allow gay marriage lol. It's an incredibly liberal state, so I'd naturally assume they'd approve of it. But, hey, you know what they say about what happens when you assume...

    My state, CT, has approved it. (At least, I'm pretty sure - last time I checked it did.) I'm happy with that, but I know I'm not staying here for college and beyond, so if I marry a guy I'd need to find a state that approves it. The north-eastern states are the best bet, right? Then again, I could be wrong.

    I don't remember if I brought this up before, but has anyone here had a problem with their significant other smoking...? Especially tasting like pot/cigaretts when you kiss them, even if they haven't smoked all day.
    3DS friend code: 1822-0152-4971 (Nick)
        Spoiler:- IN-GAME friend safaris:

  17. #29042
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    2,589

    Default

    Politcs, god I hate them...

    @Aru, I haven't dated anyone yet, but yes, that's just disgusting.


    Lol I talked to my crush today... It went, well to say the least...

    My humanity will corrode away... Until I'm just a monster...

    Credit to EG for Banner.

  18. #29043
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    3,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    I wonder when my state (Georgia) is going to legalize it...

    Probably 2050 lol. It, AL, and MI will probably be the last holdouts.
    Most likely when prop 8 gets struke down in the US supreme court.
    Last edited by 7 tyranitars; 3rd October 2012 at 12:38 PM.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

  19. #29044
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shining Aruseus View Post
    I wish gay marriage would be legalized all throughout America. I wish. I guess I can see it from both sides - yeah, gays shouldn't be married in a church because it generally violates Christianity's religious beliefs, and even in other places of worship, but that shouldn't get in the way of human love. I'm not always sure what side I pick on that, but I'm obviously more for the left-winged side of it.
    This part of your post kind of ignores an important part of same-sex marriage...
    The main reason many gay people want to marry is to be afforded the same benefits from the state (tax breaks, social security combining, hospital visitation rights, immigration rights, inheritance rights, etc.). As such, they (we) are pushing for state-validated marriages. Churches and such would be free to not perform same-sex marriages even if it is legalized. One can simply go to the local courthouse to file marriage papers and hold a ceremony elsewhere (or not, your choice).

    So your post kind of alluded to 'same-sex marriage limits religious freedom' but that's a very untrue argument. Individual churches can decide if they want to perform it or not, since marriages are only officially valid if you fill out the marriage license paperwork for the government.
    Pokemon X Team:

    3DS Friend Code: 0946 2360 9613


    Black 2 FC: 2967 6413 3444

  20. #29045
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    695

    Default

    I've always found arguments against gay marraige to be incredibly stupid. Why do you care really?

  21. #29046

    Default

    Moral support. i wonder why gay marrige is such a problem to the government
    join t-flare


    http://t-flare.com/

  22. #29047
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    3,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    I remember some time ago someone wanted to know about the progress on Same-sex marriage in Ireland.

    In 2013 Ireland will hold a constitutional convention on the issue. Polls have shown support to legalise samesex marriage in Ireland is arround 70% Which is quite high.


    My expectations for the year 2013 will be that atleast Ireland, Scotland and France will legalise it. Colombia will have it legalised on 20th June 2013 by court ruling.

    And the state of Maryland and Washington will pass it after a positive result from the november balot. Maine also having a november balot on Samesexmarriage will probably result in samesex marriage being legalised there aswell. That would leave Rhode Island being the last state in New England without marriage equality.
    I forgot to mention New Zealand, considering the first reading passed with a good majority new zealand will legalise it aswell in 2013.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

  23. #29048
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ponyville, Equestria
    Posts
    370

    Default

    *Biting my tongue because I know I'll get attacked*
    Welcome to the dungeon, little girl. We've got fun and games.



  24. #29049
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Connecticut,USA
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FireEmblemAddict View Post
    This part of your post kind of ignores an important part of same-sex marriage...
    The main reason many gay people want to marry is to be afforded the same benefits from the state (tax breaks, social security combining, hospital visitation rights, immigration rights, inheritance rights, etc.). As such, they (we) are pushing for state-validated marriages. Churches and such would be free to not perform same-sex marriages even if it is legalized. One can simply go to the local courthouse to file marriage papers and hold a ceremony elsewhere (or not, your choice).

    So your post kind of alluded to 'same-sex marriage limits religious freedom' but that's a very untrue argument. Individual churches can decide if they want to perform it or not, since marriages are only officially valid if you fill out the marriage license paperwork for the government.
    I don't think you understood what I wrote - I said I that I can see why churches wouldn't want for gays to be married in them. No need to attack me. I wasn't /arguing/ that same-sex marriage in general limits religious freedom (which would be ironic if I did, because I'm affiliated with homosexuality in the fact that I like women as well as men). I don't think I stated that anywhere - I just mentioned that I can see the other side's argument (or, at least, part of it) in saying that gays shouldn't be allowed to marry in a church.

    I guess I can see it from both sides - yeah, gays shouldn't be married in a church because it generally violates Christianity's religious beliefs, and even in other places of worship, but that shouldn't get in the way of human love.
    I was aware of the other facts, anyway. My aunts married last year - they had a justice of the peace marry them. I recently watched a priest sign the documentation that stated that the people who were 'married' in the church were now legally 'married.' So, yes, I know.
    3DS friend code: 1822-0152-4971 (Nick)
        Spoiler:- IN-GAME friend safaris:

  25. #29050
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Kanto
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avicii View Post
    ..

    I thought Ukraine was now Russia. I am so dumb.

    Some US stuff:
    Anyway, with the whole presidential campaign, if a president wanted to make same sex marriage illegal through out all 50 states, would he be able to?
    Oh....not to get off topic, but cute sig :3
    Check out Dragon-Tamer club..had to remove it because sig was too big. (Mod: As was having the water club)

    Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[
    Need someone to train your pokemon or breed for one ? I will do it.


Page 1162 of 1334 FirstFirst ... 162106211121152115811591160116111621163116411651166117212121262 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •