Page 1278 of 1338 FirstFirst ... 27811781228126812741275127612771278127912801281128212881328 ... LastLast
Results 31,926 to 31,950 of 33446

Thread: The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club

Quote Originally Posted by Godric View Post
    Welcome! The more members the merrier. Especially active ones :P

I'm sorry that you're having trouble with your parents, even a year after coming out. I'm still having trouble with my mom accepting the idea that I'm gay, she's convinced that it's "just a stage" and that I "will marry a girl someday." My father on the other had was incredibly supportive (he even said that I could bring my boyfriend over if I had one) which was surprising as he's usually pretty strict and stubborn.

If your relationship with your parents isn't the best because of their religious beliefs, have them read this: Just Because He Breathes. It's enough to make the most aggressive religious zealot question their hate or fear of homosexuality.

Actually I suggest everyone reads this, it's truly a well written and profound article.
    That was truly moving. I've emailed it to my mother (and not my father, for I am sure that he'd denounce it as ******** and I would be the receiving end of his ignorant rage), not wishing to tell her to read it in person. Now to wait and see what happens.

@AbFabTrainerKira: I know the feeling. I was a very introverted child because of what I've said in the above post. I also grew up in a very heavily minority-populated community. Being white, you could imagine what it felt like to be pushed around for what color I was. It only served to send me deeper into depression, not to mention the feelings I had that confuse me.

Feel free to PM me if you so desire. The feeling of loneliness is the worst.
    Last.fm

Gay libertarian atheist cis caucasian facetious eccentric lovable nutcase male.

Leviticus 20:13

btdubs my name on Smogon & Pokemon Showdown is The Funky Stunky

Quote Originally Posted by Noheart View Post
    That was truly moving. I've emailed it to my mother (and not my father, for I am sure that he'd denounce it as ******** and I would be the receiving end of his ignorant rage), not wishing to tell her to read it in person. Now to wait and see what happens.
    Best of luck. Hopefully she see's the message you're trying to promote and not create something more dramatic like thinking you're using heavy drugs.
    "What ever happened
    to the Golden rule
    where trainers
    couldn't follow you
    into the grass
    and challenge you
    to a battle?"

"Team Rocket's rockin, Talkin' trouble, walkin' trouble"

"Double trouble, big trouble's gonna follow you"
    3DS FC: 3368-2042-4128

Quote Originally Posted by AbFabTrainerKira View Post
    I'm...depressed, actually. I pushed away a guy who had a raging crush on me, and got kicked out of one of the few intellectual cliques left on the internet. Believe me when I tell you...I've never felt so alone.
    I'm sorry to hear, can you still talk to the guy?

Quote Originally Posted by melonjaywalk View Post
    So everyones' talking about that DOMA thing and whatever.

Okay.

Cool.

Have gone back over the posts that've happened since I was last here and this stuck out to me and is partially related to the current question.

Whatever it is.

Do any of you guys have difficulty

living up to this stereotype?

For example;

In this place I used to work at there was a guy. Who was gay. And I'm gay too. But he was like the 'cool gay guy' who everyone liked and stuff and it uh. Made me look real like dull by comparison. I mean I was just being myself but y'know? It's like when someone says to you

'Oh you should meet this other friend of mine, he's gay too!'

I mean UGH since when is sexuality alone meant to be the one defining aspect that somehow

gives you the ability to get along with people.

Like people who know yr gay and automatically assume that you enjoy shopping with your friends-who-are-girls I dunno'.

What do you guys think.

In other news creativity is real useful for getting through hard times of bad feelings in yr head. Yes.
    What do you mean? I am the stereotype
    lol, no. I'm just being me, really. Most lame answe in the history of answers but. Yeah, I don't think that much about it

And speaking of depressive stuff: I have a date, yay

Quote Originally Posted by VampirateMace View Post
    StaryuBucks, they can be on every corner in the big cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Noheart View Post
    I guess I should join this.

Hello all, I used to known as Piekid11 on Serebii, but I've changed my name to Noheart (in honor of Xehanort from Kingdom Hearts). My name is Matthias. I'm 17 years old, and was raised in a strict Catholic family. I hit puberty when I was in the 4th grade, which was when I started to notice my attraction to the same sex. To prevent from typing a wall of text of a life story, I pretty much grew up thinking I was a freak, a monster, and that I was going to burn in hell because of what I was feeling. It took several violent occasions with my father and a trip to the mental hospital to convince me that I was normal. This happened over a year ago when I came out, and I am still on bad terms with my parents. All of my friends however are very accepting of it and/or don't really care.

I've been in a relationship for about a year and a half now, and I couldn't be happier. I would like to pursue a career in writing and am planning on graduating High School this school year coming up. I've gone through some very depressing and troubling times, and not just because of my sexuality. I want to join this club because I like giving out advice/a listening ear to those who are in need of it. So uh... yeah. Hi.
    Welcome to the club mate! I also come from a very strict, traditional Catholic family. And I also went to Catholic boarding school so I can relate to how you felt...

I live in Canada, so you know happiness all around really. But my family is quite homophobic, which isn't exactly fun and games all the time, especially when your own mom believes that you're gay. My mom mistakes my 'not so girly' nature for being gay, which is extremely weird. I've explained to her many many times that, no, I'm honestly not. Although I am a supporter (and she seems to think that being a supporter means that I'm gay as well asdfsvgdsfv).

I identify as a heteroromantic, as the boy I currently spend a lot of time with knows quite well. He's very sweet, and I've been away on vacation for awhile and his mom is allowing me to sleepover with his sister at their house so we can all hang out. vuv'

I'm back guys. How are you all? I have been very busy with swim team.

Quote Originally Posted by Chili View Post
    I'm back guys. How are you all? I have been very busy with swim team.
    I'm new, nice to meet ya. :P If I can still answer your question regardless; I'm doing pretty awesome right now. I might get this cashier job, and I'm excited to save up for my first car and to have money to get any video game I want >:3.

On a bad note I got sunburn when I was at my friend's pool over the weekend. Good thing I have an aloe plant, I've been breaking off the leaves and putting the gel on my shoulders and it feels great
    Last.fm

Gay libertarian atheist cis caucasian facetious eccentric lovable nutcase male.

Leviticus 20:13

btdubs my name on Smogon & Pokemon Showdown is The Funky Stunky

Hi. Im owen. I am gay.
    3DS FC: 4742-5386-8689 Feel free to add me. I don't hack or grief. I have Animal Crossing New Leaf. Also Black 2

@Noheart and @IceBound,
    Welcome! And we all support you guys!

Just extending a warm welcome to everyone new.

Anyways, I feel we're sort of a standstill right now in topics, so I don't mean to pry into this and you can share what you want with this. How is your love life right now?

Currently for me, I'm enjoying staying single. Even if my hormones are hitting me with battering rams called crushes, I still am trying to keep single just to think about things for a while. It also makes observing certain relationship types easier, and I know long-distance and I are somehow cursed.

fiery shounen protagonist
    Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
    Just extending a warm welcome to everyone new.

Anyways, I feel we're sort of a standstill right now in topics, so I don't mean to pry into this and you can share what you want with this. How is your love life right now?

Currently for me, I'm enjoying staying single. Even if my hormones are hitting me with battering rams called crushes, I still am trying to keep single just to think about things for a while. It also makes observing certain relationship types easier, and I know long-distance and I are somehow cursed.
    My love life is a little weird. I like being single but there is this cute guy at work that I just met and I feel weirdly infatuated. I think about him way too often for it to be "nothing" and the weird part is that I was convinced I was straight. but besides that, I'm happy being single and I tend to let my hormones take control at times but I make sure to be responsible sooo yeah. that's my current love life. AKA non-existent
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

How is your love life right now?

For me great, I love my BF and I know he loves me...went though a rough spot when an ex tried to break us up but its fine now.

Welcome to the club mate! I also come from a very strict, traditional Catholic family. And I also went to Catholic boarding school so I can relate to how you felt...
    I come from a strict baptist family, though most of the family I'm an outcast for liking guys and the other way is being atheist.
    Last edited by CGS; 10th July 2013 at 10:01 AM.

I'm pretty single... I always have been. I don't like it though.
    3DS FC: 4742-5386-8689 Feel free to add me. I don't hack or grief. I have Animal Crossing New Leaf. Also Black 2

Well, I am interested in a guy, and he have said he's interested in me, and we have yet to og out on a date that I hope to plan to be on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by VampirateMace View Post
    StaryuBucks, they can be on every corner in the big cities.

can i join am bi
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/nathan/Downloads/dedenne.png[/IMG] iris : such a egg badges : Hana Badge.
    I keep my friend in my heart as close as gold when my soul truns silver and my memories are alway black and white i love everone xtraspecial my road was platuim and sappirie and voloconos were fire red grass leafgreen

Quote Originally Posted by fenniken View Post
    can i join am bi
    Sure you can

Anybody can lol

I'm single now

In other news, Pennsylvania might be next for Same-Sex Marriage.

Been a while since I have been to this thread, Hai gaiz!
    |Shining Espeon by Useless|

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Damit Ampharos should not look like Fabio. You're a sheep, dammit.

Remember one liners guys, I don't want to see this great club close. I swear I was starting to sound like a broken record at times XD.

Anyways I'd like to welcome everyone who is new and who haven't been here in quite a while. I'm, glad to hear that Penn might actually legalize it soon, so who knows. I've read that Oregon might actually be the first state to repeal the ban on same-sex marge in their constitution, which would be a huge plus. I have a feeling Hawaii's going to try again soon, as like I said in a previous post, if the republicans didn't go into a huge hissy fit in the 1990s for Hawaii to legalize same-sex marriage, we wouldn't have these debates right now.

fiery shounen protagonist
    Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Flo View Post
    All good here. Went hiking with my girlfriend this past weekend, we're planning on doing that sort of thing a lot more. It's is great fun, healthy, and cheap.

And I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Indiana is making filing for a gay marriage a felony.
    Last edited by Spookz; 10th July 2013 at 10:06 PM.

Hey guys and girls, I'm Katie I am not a lesbian but I am a proud supporter of the LGBT community

I grew up in the state of Tasmania in Australia, My aunty was always around and so too were her girlfriends, it never seemed odd to me i guess i was always exposed to it.
    At the age of 16 my brother came out he was bullied at school and left he quickly spiralled into a depression and started taking drugs, he moved away from the family and from me, . It was only when he over dosed on anti depressants that i realised how much the bullying from others had done, he is ok though he is doing his dream job and has a lovely partner now. I knew from the time i was in year 4 that he was gay just something i could sense and it never bothered me
    a few years ago my fathers cousins son added me on facebook we spoke often and became close, i was extremely touched when he chose me as the first person he came out to. I didn't tell a soul despite numerous family members asking me.
    To me a persons happiness should never be sacrificed what does being gay have to do with what kind of person you are cant society see that?

"our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" Martin Luther King JR

BTW anyone seen prayers for Bobby? i cry through the whole movie thinking about how that could have been my brother
    Last edited by KatieIsGreen; 11th July 2013 at 2:45 PM.
    MEGANIUM
    "The Aroma that arises from its petals contains a substance that calms aggressive feelings"

Friend code 3ds: 2492 -5243 -1059 Add me for friend zone and inbox me yours once done

Welcome to anyone who has joined recently; supporters and fellow lgbt-ers alike

At the age of 16 my brother came out he was bullied at school and left he quickly spiralled into a depression and started taking drugs, he moved away from the family and from me, . It was only when he over dosed on anti depressants that i realised how much the bullying from others had done, he is ok though he is doing his dream job and has a lovely partner now. I knew from the time i was in year 4 that he was gay just something i could sense and it never bothered me
    Proof that it does get better And welcome!

I haven't been feeling to great myself. Now the uni has ended for the year I'm stuck at home doing next to nothing and I hate it (I'm not even working outside of home anymore so I don't have much else to focus my mind on). What's worse is that I thought a couple of times about coming out to my parents, but a couple of recent conversations with my mother has convinced me that it might not be the safest thing to do (I'm certain that she is not going to be okay with it now). Might be going away in a couple of weeks though, which'll be a welcome relief.

Business as usual; I get close but ultimately I'm too afraid to the initiative most of the time.
    Q: What's a Metapod's favourite ice-cream??
    A: Hardendazs...
    ....yeah I suck at jokes:/
    KAKUNA MATATA
    Current Poke-activity : Pokemon White 2 Walkthrough - Set Mode, No Healing Items
    Current Progress: 4th Gym Leader

Quote Originally Posted by FlyShyGuy View Post
    Welcome to anyone who has joined recently; supporters and fellow lgbt-ers alike

Proof that it does get better And welcome!

I haven't been feeling to great myself. Now the uni has ended for the year I'm stuck at home doing next to nothing and I hate it (I'm not even working outside of home anymore so I don't have much else to focus my mind on). What's worse is that I thought a couple of times about coming out to my parents, but a couple of recent conversations with my mother has convinced me that it might not be the safest thing to do (I'm certain that she is not going to be okay with it now). Might be going away in a couple of weeks though, which'll be a welcome relief.
    I'm sorry that you have not been feeling so great, just wait until your ready and i'm sure everything will work out in the end. My father wouldnt speak to my brother for a year and a half after he came out and in that time I avoided him where possible. To me he had always told us he would love us no matter what we decided to do in life but when he turned his back on my brother like that i felt like he had ruined everything. They are reconnected now my dad will happily pick a fight with people who are openly homophobic.

Things always get better i quote so much but one thing i tell to anyone who is sad is "without the darkness we would never see the stars" we have to go through the bad times to appreciate the good. you will get their one day, all in good time and while you're on that journey I will be here to guide you and anyone else who needs through it. Consider me your compass
    MEGANIUM
    "The Aroma that arises from its petals contains a substance that calms aggressive feelings"

Friend code 3ds: 2492 -5243 -1059 Add me for friend zone and inbox me yours once done

Is anyone else here creative? I really need some advice

I am having such a dissconnect between my thought life and my creative life. I used to constantly make things, draw things, add things to my little 'worlds,' but lately I've been so caught up in the mundane and the personal stuff that i haven't been able to put time into that. I really feel like I need to focus on myself, and work through some things about my identity (personal identity, not sexual), but I also want to make things, but I feel like I have nothing to make but I do and

| tumblr. | dA |

Page 1278 of 1338 FirstFirst ... 27811781228126812741275127612771278127912801281128212881328 ... LastLast