Page 1278 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 27811781228126812741275127612771278127912801281128212881328 ... LastLast
Results 31,926 to 31,950 of 33355

Thread: The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club

  1. #31926
    Darato's Avatar
    Darato is offline ❤ ❤❤ ❤❤❤ ❤❤❤❤ ❤❤❤❤❤[
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SLC, UT
    Posts
    1,697

    Default

    Being bi myself I'm in favor of it, but I feel a lot of people say they are since they feel it's a cool thing to say.

    L.F.D.

  2. #31927
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Boaz, AL
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darato View Post
    Being bi myself I'm in favor of it, but I feel a lot of people say they are since they feel it's a cool thing to say.

    L.F.D.
    I'd agree, you hear it a lot around here

  3. #31928
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    2,596

    Default

    I'm honestly bisexual myself. I like men a lot more than woman, but I still like girls from time to time. Honestly people need to understand that, in my opinion, that they're not on the fence. We aren't all 50/50 in liking genders, heck, I'm more of a 80/20 than anything. Does it mean I'm not sexual/romantically interested in woman? No, it's just that I'm morel likely to fall in love with a man than a woman. Though, you are who you are, as I say

    My humanity will corrode away... Until I'm just a monster...

    Credit to EG for Banner.

  4. #31929
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darato View Post
    Being bi myself I'm in favor of it, but I feel a lot of people say they are since they feel it's a cool thing to say.

    L.F.D.
    I know way too many people that say they're bi when they're really just gay and it frustrates me because people like that are the reason why people think I'm gay. not that it bothers me but if I ever try to talk about girls, they just give me this look like "you don't even like girls" and I'm just like whatever think what you want but it does get on my nerves.

    besides that, those who do believe me think I'm just greedy. like come on now. it's not a choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

  5. #31930
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    16

    Default

    The world' be a better place is everyone was bisexual.

  6. #31931
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    that place
    Posts
    647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Willow's Tara View Post
    Sir- Again I hope me talking about my church and friends hasn't made you distance either.

    Seriously I mean if it bothers you guys, I can stop it, was just more telling what's happening in my life since I disappear from months on end (Which the latest, I am moving again so I won't have the internet for almost a month I think), and it's just sharing but I can understand if it gets too much?
    There's no problem at all. We all have our faiths and beliefs or lack there-of. It'd be crazy of me to expect others to not talk about it xD In fact I do believe in God, I just don't follow any religion or belief....no matter how weird that sounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by melonjaywalk View Post
    Do any of you guys have difficulty

    living up to this stereotype?

    For example;

    In this place I used to work at there was a guy. Who was gay. And I'm gay too. But he was like the 'cool gay guy' who everyone liked and stuff and it uh. Made me look real like dull by comparison. I mean I was just being myself but y'know? It's like when someone says to you

    'Oh you should meet this other friend of mine, he's gay too!'

    I mean UGH since when is sexuality alone meant to be the one defining aspect that somehow

    gives you the ability to get along with people.

    Like people who know yr gay and automatically assume that you enjoy shopping with your friends-who-are-girls I dunno'.

    What do you guys think.
    I don't really follow the gay stigma. I wear flanel, I hate girly things and I just don't act gay at all...and why would you want to live up to the stereotype anyways? It's a horrible stereotype.
    Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    what's your guys' point of view on bisexuality?
    I don't really know I mean it's a sexuality, who the hell cares? People will like who they like and that's that.


  7. #31932
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Nü Yawk S!tty, NY
    Posts
    386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by melonjaywalk View Post
    Do any of you guys have difficulty

    living up to this stereotype?
    Firstly you should never "[live] up to this stereotype." If your personality matches what a stereotypical gay guy is, then so be it. If you're not as feminine, then that is perfectly fine. Do you think all Mexicans wear sombreros and are 4'8"? Far from it.

    I myself never fit into the gay stereotype and most people are surprised to find out that I'm gay, although I have moments where it's clearly evident haha.


    In this place I used to work at there was a guy. Who was gay. And I'm gay too. But he was like the 'cool gay guy' who everyone liked and stuff and it uh. Made me look real like dull by comparison. I mean I was just being myself but y'know? It's like when someone says to you

    'Oh you should meet this other friend of mine, he's gay too!'

    I mean UGH since when is sexuality alone meant to be the one defining aspect that somehow

    I think you're putting too much thought into what other people think, or what you thought of this gay guy and then you projected that as everyone preferring one kind of gay to another kind. Gays come in all shades, as do straight people. You have the macho jock and then you have the geeky computer kid, it's all relative I think. But I will agree with you when it comes to people assuming that because you're gay you will automatically get along with some other gay guy/girl. It's like saying "hey I have this black friend, and since you're black too you'll get along perfectly!"



    Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    what's your guys' point of view on bisexuality?
    Quote Originally Posted by Darato View Post
    Being bi myself I'm in favor of it, but I feel a lot of people say they are since they feel it's a cool thing to say.
    I use to think that I was bisexual. More out of fear of being exclusively gay and what other people thought than the actual desire to be with a woman.
    I can still say that "chick X is hot" and "so is Y and I would totally bang her, etc." but I don't think I could ever be in a sexual relationship with a woman. That ship sailed long ago. :P


    Quote Originally Posted by melonjaywalk View Post
    The world' be a better place is everyone was bisexual.
    Sure it may seem like it, but then what happens when someone is born exclusively straight or gay? Maybe they would be ridiculed and people would judge them because of their "choice."
    "What ever happened
    to the Golden rule
    where trainers
    couldn't follow you
    into the grass
    and challenge you
    to a battle?"

    "Team Rocket's rockin, Talkin' trouble, walkin' trouble"

    "Double trouble, big trouble's gonna follow you"
    3DS FC: 3368-2042-4128

  8. #31933
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    6

    Default

    I'd like to join! I don't feel comfortable disclosing information about myself just yet, since I don't know any of you... So just consider me a rainbow. :D

  9. #31934
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Boaz, AL
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crayak View Post
    I'd like to join! I don't feel comfortable disclosing information about myself just yet, since I don't know any of you... So just consider me a rainbow.
    Welcome!

    Always open

  10. #31935
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ponyville, Equestria
    Posts
    370

    Default

    So, Minnesota legalized gay marriage a few days ago. This is another big step for us here in the U.S. 12 down, 38 to go
    Welcome to the dungeon, little girl. We've got fun and games.



  11. #31936
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AbFabTrainerKira View Post
    So, Minnesota legalized gay marriage a few days ago. This is another big step for us here in the U.S. 12 down, 38 to go
    Delaware's law went into effect yesterday too. The more, the better.
    Also, here are some future states that might legalize soon:
    http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...iage-next?lite
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

  12. #31937
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lost in thought...
    Posts
    497

    Default

    New Mexico! My birth-state!

    I would love it if texas would legalize it, but we're primarily a red state, despite Austin's reputation. D:

    | tumblr. | dA |

  13. #31938
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Boaz, AL
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toobworm View Post
    New Mexico! My birth-state!

    I would love it if texas would legalize it, but we're primarily a red state, despite Austin's reputation. D:
    What Austin? Steve Austin? lol

  14. #31939
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    2,596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1624 View Post
    What Austin? Steve Austin? lol
    He's referring to the capitol, Austin, Texas.

    Anyways scrolling through a few pages back I found an interesting question I'd like to ask.

    What qualities do you look for in people you like?

    For me, I guess I like someone who's funny and outgoing, who's always upbeat and even childish at times. I guess to balance out me more calm demeanor, despite how competitive I can get. I do also like lighter hair colors over darker, and while I do like people younger than me for some reason o-o, I do like people who are around me height as well. Other than that I don't care, that much...

    My humanity will corrode away... Until I'm just a monster...

    Credit to EG for Banner.

  15. #31940
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lost in thought...
    Posts
    497

    Default

    I'd love to meet someone who loves to learn and always has a question to ask. I like talking to opinionated people, and I love to be in a relationship with one, too; so that'd be nice. I don't think I could stay for too long with someone who wasn't very passionate (in a friendly way), though-no offense Lost-just because I really value energy...also thoughtfulness, in all of its forms. I'm not looking for romance though, so...yeah.

    Physically, I'm a hit and miss. No idea.

    | tumblr. | dA |

  16. #31941
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Requiem View Post
    What qualities do you look for in people you like?
    Hmm, tough question. I'm not really picky, but I like someone who is smart, funny and nice. Obviously, S/he'd have to be friendly to me, but if they treat anyone else badly, I would see them in a different light, to be honest.
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

  17. #31942
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Could I join? I'm a supporter
    Nostalgic

    fyeahmeiko@tumblr

  18. #31943
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Northampton, PA
    Posts
    1,860

    Default

    I guess I should join this.

    Hello all, I used to known as Piekid11 on Serebii, but I've changed my name to Noheart (in honor of Xehanort from Kingdom Hearts). My name is Matthias. I'm 17 years old, and was raised in a strict Catholic family. I hit puberty when I was in the 4th grade, which was when I started to notice my attraction to the same sex. To prevent from typing a wall of text of a life story, I pretty much grew up thinking I was a freak, a monster, and that I was going to burn in hell because of what I was feeling. It took several violent occasions with my father and a trip to the mental hospital to convince me that I was normal. This happened over a year ago when I came out, and I am still on bad terms with my parents. All of my friends however are very accepting of it and/or don't really care.

    I've been in a relationship for about a year and a half now, and I couldn't be happier. I would like to pursue a career in writing and am planning on graduating High School this school year coming up. I've gone through some very depressing and troubling times, and not just because of my sexuality. I want to join this club because I like giving out advice/a listening ear to those who are in need of it. So uh... yeah. Hi.

  19. #31944
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Boaz, AL
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KanashiiCurry View Post
    Could I join? I'm a supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Noheart View Post
    I guess I should join this.

    Hello all, I used to known as Piekid11 on Serebii, but I've changed my name to Noheart (in honor of Xehanort from Kingdom Hearts). My name is Matthias. I'm 17 years old, and was raised in a strict Catholic family. I hit puberty when I was in the 4th grade, which was when I started to notice my attraction to the same sex. To prevent from typing a wall of text of a life story, I pretty much grew up thinking I was a freak, a monster, and that I was going to burn in hell because of what I was feeling. It took several violent occasions with my father and a trip to the mental hospital to convince me that I was normal. This happened over a year ago when I came out, and I am still on bad terms with my parents. All of my friends however are very accepting of it and/or don't really care.

    I've been in a relationship for about a year and a half now, and I couldn't be happier. I would like to pursue a career in writing and am planning on graduating High School this school year coming up. I've gone through some very depressing and troubling times, and not just because of my sexuality. I want to join this club because I like giving out advice/a listening ear to those who are in need of it. So uh... yeah. Hi.
    Anybody's Welcome to join. I'm currently working on my GED. In 2010 I got tired of the drama of High School and quit in the 11th grade. Took me awhile to get back around to the classes and everything.

    I pretty much grew up thinking I was a freak, a monster, and that I was going to burn in hell because of what I was feeling.
    I came from a strict Baptist family, so mainly the hate came from my father. But then again, around the age of 10 I just started looking at religions, and finally came to what I am now. Which is an Atheist.


    Shadow- Oh wow, that's horrible, I hope I never upset you when I bought up religion here? (Well technically was just about my life, which involves my Christian friends so I am not sure if it counts). Hope you are okay now.
    Sir- Again I hope me talking about my church and friends hasn't made you distance either.
    As long as you don't try pushing religion on me, I have no problem. The world is full of people that believe in religion, but some try to push their religion on others. As for Sir, he is a believer, as far as I can tell.
    Last edited by CGS; 4th July 2013 at 5:46 PM.

  20. #31945
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Nü Yawk S!tty, NY
    Posts
    386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noheart View Post
    I guess I should join this.

    Hello all, I used to known as Piekid11 on Serebii, but I've changed my name to Noheart (in honor of Xehanort from Kingdom Hearts). My name is Matthias. I'm 17 years old, and was raised in a strict Catholic family. I hit puberty when I was in the 4th grade, which was when I started to notice my attraction to the same sex. To prevent from typing a wall of text of a life story, I pretty much grew up thinking I was a freak, a monster, and that I was going to burn in hell because of what I was feeling. It took several violent occasions with my father and a trip to the mental hospital to convince me that I was normal. This happened over a year ago when I came out, and I am still on bad terms with my parents. All of my friends however are very accepting of it and/or don't really care.

    I've been in a relationship for about a year and a half now, and I couldn't be happier. I would like to pursue a career in writing and am planning on graduating High School this school year coming up. I've gone through some very depressing and troubling times, and not just because of my sexuality. I want to join this club because I like giving out advice/a listening ear to those who are in need of it. So uh... yeah. Hi.


    Welcome! The more members the merrier. Especially active ones :P

    I'm sorry that you're having trouble with your parents, even a year after coming out. I'm still having trouble with my mom accepting the idea that I'm gay, she's convinced that it's "just a stage" and that I "will marry a girl someday." My father on the other had was incredibly supportive (he even said that I could bring my boyfriend over if I had one) which was surprising as he's usually pretty strict and stubborn.

    If your relationship with your parents isn't the best because of their religious beliefs, have them read this: Just Because He Breathes. It's enough to make the most aggressive religious zealot question their hate or fear of homosexuality.



    Actually I suggest everyone reads this, it's truly a well written and profound article.
    "What ever happened
    to the Golden rule
    where trainers
    couldn't follow you
    into the grass
    and challenge you
    to a battle?"

    "Team Rocket's rockin, Talkin' trouble, walkin' trouble"

    "Double trouble, big trouble's gonna follow you"
    3DS FC: 3368-2042-4128

  21. #31946
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Boaz, AL
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Well how is everybody?

    I'm happy I finally have a guy thats caring <3
    :P So I'm happy

  22. #31947
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ponyville, Equestria
    Posts
    370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1624 View Post
    Well how is everybody?

    I'm happy I finally have a guy thats caring <3
    :P So I'm happy
    I'm...depressed, actually. I pushed away a guy who had a raging crush on me, and got kicked out of one of the few intellectual cliques left on the internet. Believe me when I tell you...I've never felt so alone.
    Welcome to the dungeon, little girl. We've got fun and games.



  23. #31948
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Northampton, PA
    Posts
    1,860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godric View Post
    Welcome! The more members the merrier. Especially active ones :P

    I'm sorry that you're having trouble with your parents, even a year after coming out. I'm still having trouble with my mom accepting the idea that I'm gay, she's convinced that it's "just a stage" and that I "will marry a girl someday." My father on the other had was incredibly supportive (he even said that I could bring my boyfriend over if I had one) which was surprising as he's usually pretty strict and stubborn.

    If your relationship with your parents isn't the best because of their religious beliefs, have them read this: Just Because He Breathes. It's enough to make the most aggressive religious zealot question their hate or fear of homosexuality.



    Actually I suggest everyone reads this, it's truly a well written and profound article.
    That was truly moving. I've emailed it to my mother (and not my father, for I am sure that he'd denounce it as ******** and I would be the receiving end of his ignorant rage), not wishing to tell her to read it in person. Now to wait and see what happens.

    @AbFabTrainerKira: I know the feeling. I was a very introverted child because of what I've said in the above post. I also grew up in a very heavily minority-populated community. Being white, you could imagine what it felt like to be pushed around for what color I was. It only served to send me deeper into depression, not to mention the feelings I had that confuse me.

    Feel free to PM me if you so desire. The feeling of loneliness is the worst.

  24. #31949
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Nü Yawk S!tty, NY
    Posts
    386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noheart View Post
    That was truly moving. I've emailed it to my mother (and not my father, for I am sure that he'd denounce it as ******** and I would be the receiving end of his ignorant rage), not wishing to tell her to read it in person. Now to wait and see what happens.
    Best of luck. Hopefully she see's the message you're trying to promote and not create something more dramatic like thinking you're using heavy drugs.
    "What ever happened
    to the Golden rule
    where trainers
    couldn't follow you
    into the grass
    and challenge you
    to a battle?"

    "Team Rocket's rockin, Talkin' trouble, walkin' trouble"

    "Double trouble, big trouble's gonna follow you"
    3DS FC: 3368-2042-4128

  25. #31950
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Boaz, AL
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AbFabTrainerKira View Post
    I'm...depressed, actually. I pushed away a guy who had a raging crush on me, and got kicked out of one of the few intellectual cliques left on the internet. Believe me when I tell you...I've never felt so alone.
    I'm sorry to hear, can you still talk to the guy?

Page 1278 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 27811781228126812741275127612771278127912801281128212881328 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •